Game Thread Heroes in the Darkness: Chapter 1 - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > World of Darkness > Heroes in the Darkness - Living World NWoD Chronicle
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 18th, 2017, 02:18 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
"I have duct tape." Calliope says, pulling a thick roll of tape out of a (one of many) pocket. A suspicious person might assume shenanigans similar to Kren producing the gun earlier, but really, Calliope was just the sort of girl who broke things often enough to habitually carry duct tape on her person.

"We can probably manage some sort of counterweight over the lightpole if we attach the tape to the lip of the roof and use it like a rope... I'm still not going to be helpful with the brute force part, but this should make it easier."
Old Apr 18th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Looking at the van that fit several people in the back Kren was not to sure how attempts to flip it would go. Sure it would be nice if they could but something like that had to weigh several tons. A bit more then maybe one roll of duct tape could handle. You got like 10 of those. Then maybe we could hang someone from one end to help but I don't think 1 role is going to help us to much. Do we really even need to the van? I get the idea about driving it in but then they will see that the people driving the van are not the people who should be.
And Kren wasn't using that one trick in front of these people.
If Elijah can give us a ride there I can get us through the doors quietly after we creep up.
OOCSo funny thing. Kren actually does have a demon exploit that lets him temporarily steal someones life. He looks like them and has access to their social merits while they remain comatose nearby. But he already said he was a human so...... Unlikely. Sorry guys

Last edited by mjb; Apr 18th, 2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old Apr 25th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Elijah doesn' really understand what others decision. After all, he doesn't really understand the vampire hierarchy. But he reacts when his name was spoken by Kren.

"Sure, I can give you a lift. However, people would know that there were wrong just by seeing the side mirror though."

Old Apr 26th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
Calliope rolls her eyes and grabs the broken mirror iiff tge ground and uses her roll of tape to reattaxh it to the car.

"There. Now they'll just think you're a bad driver, like literally everyone in this city. Now, can we get this show on the road?"
Old Apr 26th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
"I'm up for taking whatever vehicle we want, but I agree we need to get going before cops show up from the gunshots. This part of town they'll take their time, but we don't have all night."
Old Apr 27th, 2017, 03:01 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
"Alright then, let's move then."

Feeling trapped in the maelstorm that is beyond his understanding, Elijah has no other choice but continue forward. After all, his guts says that if he withdraws from this, he will be sorry for the rest of his life.

When all 'people' has come in, Elijah starts the car and asks the ghoul : "Where to?"

Last edited by Xildur; Apr 27th, 2017 at 03:02 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 92
UFO
Dan winced as he wiped his blood soaked hands across his pants. The scalpel that was given to him left a festering burn. Still confused about the recent events, the traveler looked down the road.

"Look - I don't know what's going on, but I do know standing around here ain't such a good idea." I say we get as far away as possible."

Last edited by UFO; Apr 27th, 2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old Apr 27th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
Doing anything about the ghouls Keiron?

Last edited by mjb; Apr 27th, 2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old Apr 27th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
"Since we are heading into trouble give me about a minute to get ready. Oh and while I'm at some of you probably want to either wipe off prints or burn the van, its why I wear gloves."

With that he climbs up the nearest light pole, breaks the light, takes off his glove and puts his hand into the socket. After about 10 seconds there is a pop sound as the light ballast shorts out. He puts back on his glove and slides down. As he walks over to the power pole. Piece of **** light. Oh well screw it, if I knock out power it'll be worth it. With that he climbs up a pole to a transformer. Takes his glove off and puts his hand between the contacts. After about 20 seconds he pulls his hand out and comes back down the pole.

"Ok... lets go handle this." He also looks to see who will be the first one to comment on his little stunt.
Old May 16th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb View Post
Doing anything about the ghouls Keiron?
Keiron nods at Kren as he approaches the ghouls and gathers them together. "You are no longer sworn to the Childlings, do you understand? Your fealty is now to me and my mistress. In return I will give you what you desire and I have a greater quantity of it then you know. We could use some spare hands keeping the bar while I am busy so your first order of business is to return directly to the Smoldering Dragon and report everything that happened to the mistress. You can tend bar and otherwise keep things running until I get done dealing with this Childling business."

He started to walk towards the van then turned. "Don't cross me you will find us a lot less forgiving then your former masters."

Keiron climbed in the van and buckled his seat belt. " The ghouls said the warehouse was that way.."

The drive was about another hour. Those who had been locked in the van wondered how horrific it would have been to have to anticipate the trip. As they drove they started to consider all that they had learned.

OOC Feel free to do some knowledge checks about whether this is typical behavior for childlings or anything else you might want to know. Feel free to as Kieron questions as you would an NPC until Sageheart returns, I can use his character to fill your characters in on the details of the vampire world.

Old May 16th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
Kren took a moment to pull is gear out from where he strapped it to his back and put them in more accessible positions. He didn't have a holster for his SMG so instead he popped the chambered cartridge, took out the magazine, put the single bullet back in the magazine and put the magazine back in the gun. He put the safety on the gun before putting it in his belt. He would still need to cock it before he fired it but this way he wouldn't blow Owens bits off. It was very uncomfortable. He still didn't know what to do with the shotgun but didn't want to give it back to the ghouls. He moved over to the vehicle to climb in after keiron.
Anyone want a shotgun? Preferably not to actually use. But just in case?
He stopped to consider what time it was.
What time is it. Hey you guys burn in sunlight right? You got time for this?
He wondered if he could just ditch the vampire and go during the day. Then again another member of the team would be helpful. It's not like Kren could afford to get shot like some of the others.

Last edited by mjb; May 16th, 2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old May 16th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 92
UFO
The traveler stared at his bubbling hand "What's happening." The vehicle bounced down the road, Dan looked at the shotgun and shook his head, "I don't like guns."

Something wasn't right, Dan's head began to ring and his heart felt as though it were breaking through his chest. He started to writhe in his seat. Not sure what he was experiencing and frightened, he said in a loud voice, "I'm not doing so well."
Old May 16th, 2017, 11:31 PM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
Before they move, Elijah takes a photo of beaten ghoul to his camera. He would use this as proof and report to his client. He needs the money after all.

Elijah uses the one hour drive to think. It is apparent for him that his perception upon the world is changed. He would need to absorb this and reflect, that is why he is mostly silent during the journey.

He only asks couple questions to Kieron. "What is this Childlings? What kind of vampire are you guys? Is it more Underworld, Blade, Vampire's Diary or Twilight? Is there a head honcho of vampire walking among us?" Curiosity takes the best of him.

After they arrive at the warehouse, Elijah asks the others: "The gun could be used by people who knows how to use it. And now what? Do we just break in or we need to wait until sunlight? Oops sorry, Kieron. I think you need in somewhere secure if that the case."

Last edited by Xildur; May 16th, 2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:38 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
"Um, so, those guys shot me. And while I'd love to head over to a hospital and lick my wounds for a few days, this seems time sensitive, so... uh, does anyone have first aid training, or bandages... and preferably some painkillers... cos this really stings, and - no offense or anything Kieron - but I don't want to walk into a nest of vamps leaking blood." Calliope gestures to her still oozimg shoulder with a grimace. "God I hate the gun laws in this country."

Last edited by Ratpigeon; May 17th, 2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old May 17th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zareaus Zareaus Zareaus
Jason ignores the ghouls as he gets in for the drive, Keiron seems to have them handled. At the comment of daylight he is reminded that Keiron is a vampire, so flooding the place with sunlight is moved down the list of options. As Calliope speaks up he realizes she didn't get treated with the others by the nurse. He takes off his backpack and pulls out a small first-aid kit. "Unless someone else has something better I got this & know a an ok amount. Is the bullet still in you or did it go through? If its still in there I'll need to get it out.....and it'll hurt like a b*tch cause I don't have anything for pain."

Last edited by Zareaus; May 17th, 2017 at 04:10 PM.