Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
The ghost seemed somewhat impressed with the question. He obviously had not anticipated it, or at least for Andrew to actually care what he thought at this point. "I think you are finally getting somewhere. We need to start simple, not jump to wild conclusions. They will get you killed. Case and Point."he explained gesturing toward himself.

"The first thing we need to know is who they are. Why do they want you or your brother and most importantly, why did they feel they needed to kill me to get to him?"he asked. "They obviously knew who... or at least what, I am. That is rather concerning.
"
he stated matter of factly.

"We are most definitely not dealing with a bunch of ignorant Sleepers."he surmised. "Once we get in the city we can go find my people and get their help. Unless you've got people. Do you have people Andrew?"
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 12:52 PM
and Corey Hart sings...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3004
Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah
Andrew hadn't been able to follow all of Artemis's reply but he laughed at that, an opioid induced smile loose on his lips. "My parents" It was only half a joke. But his parents were in Phoenix, not Philly. And what would he say? Being neck deep in trouble with no one to call for rescue was sobering enough that his smile slowly faded. "My Sensei, but..." Well, he'd toasted that bridge a while ago. "No," he said. "Not for this."

"You do, though, huh? Figures." The ghost had all the assets while the human, who could actually touch and talk had um... "Hey, what exactly do you need me for, anyway? If you're buddies can see you and everything... Hey, didn't you say you expected me to save Anthony and you? How does that work?"
Old Oct 2nd, 2017, 12:41 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
"Only some of my buddies, as you put it, can see me. It depends on how their powers manifest, but most of the time they are caught up with other things."he explains. "In short they probably wouldn't notice, heads in the clouds and all that. Beyond that they have much more serious things to worry about than your brother. This world is continually at risk and my buddies are the ones protecting it."he explains.

"You and I are the only two who care enough to save your brother. He seemed worth saving as I said before so there is that,
and the fact that if I help you get strong enough to save him you may be able to secure my hold on the mortal world."

Artemis seems to consider the point though. "However, pocket my fate for a moment. You might have a point on something. My friends are, well what you would call pretentious, surprising as you might find it a bit self absorbed, but if we can make this about them...."he starts to think. "You know your simple mind might be on to something. There's something big enough out there to take a mage by surprise and snatch up your brother to bait you in. If that is the case then its something big, maybe big enough to get their attention. Of course if it doesn't get theirs it will at least get those pesky hunters panties in a bunch..."
Old Oct 22nd, 2017, 02:42 PM
and Corey Hart sings...

Tools
User Statistics
Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah Cleokatrah
"Hunters?" Artemis was rambling along like a trucker on Red Bull and Andrew's sluggish mind struggled to catch up. He was getting too much information, too soon. It was like fighting through a pit of molasses to pay attention.

He was getting the vibe this was going to take longer than he thought. What he'd pictured as getting to town, gathering Art's cronies then knocking some teeth loose was turning into a complex matter that challenged his confidence. More than his sobriety or lack thereof.

Andrew pressed his fingers to his eyes while Art talked. He was trying to remember the creepier things that he'd seen, wondering what among them was real.

"How long is this going to take?" He interrupted. He was trying to put together a time table, thinking that it would really have been smart to pack a bag.
Old Oct 23rd, 2017, 12:37 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
"Take? Who knows. Hopefully we can find him soon, but I suppose at least a day or two till we can find a strong enough lead to follow." Artemis explained. "There is a lot we don't know right now. All we can really do is start trying to find some information."

The ghost mage was beginning to calm down a bit realizing that in his excitement he had begun hammering the former addict. "Are you okay?"he asked watching his only anchor to the mortal realm. "I know its a lot."
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 05:26 AM
and Corey Hart sings...

Tools
User Statistics
Andrew chuckled. "I kinda have to be, don't I?" Whether he was truly mentally sound or not wasn't really part of the equation. Anthony was in trouble and it was apparently up to him to get him out of it.

"Okay, so plane then people then find stuff out and at some point pick up some clothes, phone, headphones, and whatever else you think I should get." He'd probably need more money but he could make some dough selling artistic names at the airport, on napkins if he had to.

"What else?" Please don't let there be anything else.
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
Artemetis considered for a moment. He was literally ethereal at the moment and hadn't considered all the mundane things that Andrew was bringing up like physically getting there, wearing clothes and eating. It suddenly dawned on him that if he was going to get anything from Andrew he would need to give him the ability to at least survive long enough to be helpful.

"I suppose a withdraw from my old bank account couldn't hurt."he said to the former drug addict. "But if you use my money to get a fix... you will learn horrors you never knew possible."he said. "I need to know you're really in this first. You get to Philly and we can hitup my bank and any other resources I can provide."
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 03:23 PM
and Corey Hart sings...

Tools
User Statistics
The pills were burning a hole in his pocket. Airport security and cavity searches had been circling his mind since his hand had taken the bus ticket. Equally haunting was the memory of Anthony's hand on his shoulder, trying to offer him water while he knelt in his own puke in the bathroom, one of the many times he had tried to come clean. And then there was him. What Andrew didn't quit, he destroyed. Girls, jobs, school...and now this demolition habit had seeped into the fabric of his family. And again, he was at fault.

All these thoughts passed behind his eyes while Artemis held them in a lock. But the one thing he'd latched onto, what his distant brain was trying to hammer into shape, was the threat.

Andrew would never make it through a cross country flight with layovers. At least he didn't think he would. Either he'd vomit and someone would point him out as a druggie, or he'd do something stupid like try to smuggle kickers onto a plane.

He broke eye contact and just sat a moment. Then he fished the small bag from his pocket and showed it, discreetly, to Artemis. He could get up and flush them but he didn't trust his balance after the little he'd sniffed so he emptied his drugstore bag instead. Licorice, pain meds, and a bag of chocolate were set in the seat beside him and as the brown paper bag was crumpled, the small plastic bag was left inside it. Andrew littered; he dropped the bag, now a rough ball, to the floor. A moment later the road's momentum was carrying it toward the back of the bus.

"You help get me there, I'll do anything you want."

Last edited by Cleokatrah; Oct 27th, 2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 12:10 AM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
"Well I could do that... but I don't know how plesant it will be." Artemetis said.

The ghost mage seemed to be contemplating something as he looked at Andrew strangely scratching his beard. "Now how do I this again... oh that's right.. say 'AHHHH'!" he commanded.
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 12:34 AM
and Corey Hart sings...

Tools
User Statistics
"What? Seriously?" Flabbergasted, Andrew glanced around at the other passengers. This wasn't a doctor's office, for Christ's sake. People tended to ogle a person trying to catch flies in their mouth. He gave Artemis a confounded expression, which only seemed to delight him, so he closed his eyes, thought f* it, and opened his mouth.

"Ahhhh..."
Old Nov 15th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
When Andrew opened his eyes he suddenly realized he was no longer on the bus. In fact he was in a strange room he did not recognize. The bed he was laying on was a large four poster and the thread count was higher than he could remember his face ever touching. The room had a wooden floor and an older smell to it. Light broke through the curtains and onto his face stirring him. As he sat up he smelled the incense that filled the room from a decanter in the corner.

As he tried to rub the weariness out of his face he felt the stubble of a beard that was much longer than he recalled last he had looked in the mirror. He wasn't sure what had happened but it was obvious some time had passed.
Old Nov 16th, 2017, 05:03 PM
and Corey Hart sings...

Tools
User Statistics
His hands froze midstroke on his face. Beneath them, the bristle of days, not seconds or minutes, grazed his palms. The last thing he remembered was clouded moments. A bus. A stinging relief in his nostrils followed by obeying a ghost's strange command.

Anthony! He clawed his pockets for his phone, scanned the foreign surfaces for proof that his memories weren't really memories but a dream, for evidence that he had taken the party too far once again, but it was eerily quiet. Almost as quiet was the pain in his head, which felt heavy and slow. He turned his head and waited for his vision to catch up. Definitely not a hotel room, unless... a suite? His stomach lurched as he slipped off the bed. Not a dream, then.

His head was too heavy to carry. Andrew let the wall support it while all of his senses haphazardly aligned. His body needed several things -- a cigarette, for starters. His mind's needs were stronger. Where was he, how much time had passed, and how much danger remained surrounding his twin?

He found a door but was hesitant to open it, asking the air instead, his voice soft like the smoke of the incense. "Art?"

Last edited by Cleokatrah; Nov 16th, 2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old Nov 27th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
When Andrew started to feel through his pockets he suddenly realized they weren't familiar, the were... SILK! Looking down he suddenly felt like a stranger in his body as he looked at a pair of pajamas that he could only previously have dreamed about owning. The silk fabric was shiny and had a fancy embroidered A on one side and a pocket on the other. Handing up against closet on a hanger was a fresh suit and his old clothes.

As he called for his new ghost friend the spirit seemed to pass through the door to the room.

"Oh your awake. I was waiting outside, I figured it might be creepy to wake up with me staring at you and all that."he explained. "So check the dresser, I secured us some funds!"he said proudly. "So how do you like my humble abode. Welcome to the City of Brotherly Love!!"
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 03:47 PM
and Corey Hart sings...

Tools
User Statistics
"Holy sh-" It had begun as exclamation but faded to a mumbled protest as Andrew jumped back, startled by Artemis's sudden appearance inches away. He turned to follow the ghost's path, the silk shifting in an unfamiliar (but not unwelcome) manner against his skin. "You didn't have any problem with it before," he quipped, in honor of their first meeting.

Approaching the window, he pushed aside drapes - no cheesy apartment blinds, here - that probably had cost more than the entirety of his wardrobe. Believing Art's words had much less an impact as seeing it for himself. Gazing out at the Philadelphia skyline wearing the pajamas of a rich, magic ghost - and who had changed him, anyway? - seemed to arrest his senses completely. He stared out for a long moment of awe.

Tapping an imaginary cigarette - that was another thing; he craved one badly but not for the nicotine. Artemis had done something to his body that left it...feeling good. Besides the somewhat disturbing, floating sensation of being someplace your mind thought you ought not to be, he felt surprisingly healthy. Vibrant, even. "What exactly did you do to me?" He slowly asked, and for the first time since the endeavor had begun, he felt an honest sliver of fear. Not for Art but for his brother.

"This is real. right?"

Last edited by Cleokatrah; Nov 29th, 2017 at 12:52 AM.
Old Nov 29th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
"Yes that is true." Artemetis considered. "But not entirely unwarranted, I mean you were sleeping ALL THE TIME. Someone had to get you out of be and I couldn't simply be expected to wait until....." he stopped. "Well you know..."

When asked about exactly what had transpired he rubbed his phantasmal beard again. "Well I possessed you." he explained. "I thought that much was obvious by the whole SAY AHHH thing?"

The former mage considered for a second. "Oh you mean after that? Well first we took the bus, but then I stopped and secured us some funds from a private account. After that it was a quick matter of a flight and getting you here. By that time the vessel... well YOU were starting to break down a bit, due to the addiction. So much show that when I showed up here they almost took you for a begger." he explained.

"Well one of my good friends a fellow by the name Occulus specializes in anatomical elements and well... he got in there and got rid of all the stuff that SHOULDN'T be there. Of course then there was the matter of putting back the stuff that SHOULD be there." Artemitis gave him a concerning look. "You really did a number on yourself trying to avoid the tower."he said.

"Be glad you were asleep, it was INCREDIBLY painful. Trust me, I felt every last bit of it for the last three weeks. Definitely no walk in the park."he explained. "After I got you setup here you slept for about three days and I didn't have the heart to wake you after all that you had been through. Now that you're awake and yourself again there are some things we need to talk about..."