RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 07:24 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7527
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Something that may be of interest to gwythion I guess: Since it sounds like all of the above ships are allowed I went for having a transport.

I've also focused more on the maintenance and operation of a Ship than the abilities of a trader. He's alright at that too, but really the character loves to fly around more than making a profit.

A few things have been added to the application, and I may tinker some more with it as time goes on. I'm also thinking about a name for the ship and taking suggestions for that. Based on the shape of the transport I was thinking something something crescent or sickle - or something about daring exploration as the character romanticises trading on the fringe of the galaxy.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 288
Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean
Old 04-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10689
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Character Name: Freya Syndara
Species: Twi'lek/Humanoid mix
Profession: Jedi Knight
Bonus Choice: (Jedi)

Quote:
Miss Syndara how do you view the Clone Wars now that they’ve been taking place for a year and counting?
Her blue Leku quiver a little as she looks at the reporter. "It is unfortunate that we have not been able to establish some form of peace. So many lives and livelyhoods have been destroyed and yet it seems we are no closer to an end than when we began. If I am to be truly honest I see it as a galactic tragedy. One that I hope we can, someday, learn from."

Quote:
Miss Syndara how do you view both the Galactic Republic and the Separatists?
She shrugs a little bit looking at the reporter, "Each of them has done wrong in their own way. As a Jedi I work for the Galactic Republic, but it is my duty to serve all sentient beings. The Separatists have important points and if we could all sit down perhaps instead of fighting about our views we could negotiate. Sadly, I doubt that will happen."

Quote:
Miss Syndara what is your view on the Force?
She smiles and her leku wiggle a little bit. "Where are you getting these questions from?" The smile on her face is wide as she looks off into the distance. "Life creates the Force, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. It is between you and I, between I and that building, it is everywhere trying to guide us to a better galaxy."

Quote:
What about the Jedi Order Miss Syndara? How do you view what they have done so far?
She shrugs a little, "Once we were hundreds of thousands. Once we were great enough to fight against the Sith Imperium and now we are less. The ways of the Order have stayed the same for all that time while the galaxy has changed around us. Perhaps we need to change with the times."

Quote:
"Miss Syndara, how did you decide that you would Aid the republic instead of say the Sepratists? It sounds like you would rather not fight?"
She raises her hands in a bit of a shrug, "True, I would rather not fight, but I was not given that choice. Everyday there is a battle happening, people are dying and being hurt. Pain and suffering need to be stopped as best as one can stop them. Sometimes that means fighting against the Sepratists and other times it means delivering needed supplies to their people. I aid the Republic because it is the best hope for galactic peace. If that ever changes then my support would change as well."

Quote:
How do you see yourself Miss Syndara? Would you say you are a leader, advisor, something else?
She looks off again, "Sometimes it is a Jedi Knight's duty to lead others. Othertimes it is our duty to advise and follow. It takes wisdom to know when it is time to do each duty and when it might be time to do something else. I can only hope that my wisdom is up to the task."

Jedi Order Biography
- Freya Syndara taken in at age 8 parent was single mother acting as a pleasure servant. Father suspected to be humanoid and not Twi'lek.
- Age 12 shows great skill in healing and meditation arts. Lightsaber form needs more training
- Age 14 Disagreement with major tenets of Jedi Code. Argumes that Emotions can be useful and that all Jedi must have empathy. Counseling sessions given throughout year.
- Age 15 Freya agrees out loud with teachings, but often seems a little annoyed with main Jedi Code. Questioning her gives the standard respose.
- Age 18 Freya becomes Padawan to Akari Syndaro.
- Age 20 Akari Syndaro recommends Freya as Jedi Knight. Some concern remains about young arguments against main Jedi Code, but the Knight seems to have changed. Accepted as Jedi Knight.

Last edited by Ysolde; 04-10-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:37 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 531
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroyama View Post

No droid characters at this time, unfortunately. You've pretty well elaborated upon the complications of creating one, and getting around that would require a homebrew race.
I was mainly using the rules from page 236, but fair's fair.

I withdraw my interest, all the other concepts I had in mind were weirder as in requiring some customization one way or the other.

Good luck and happy gaming, y'all!
Old 04-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
With apologies to all, I'm going to be putting this idea on hold for the time being. I will try to revisit it at another time, hopefully when I'm in the mindset to present a more polished campaign and advertisement. There hasn't been a great deal of interest shown, but quite a bit of nostalgia for the system, so there's hope at some point in the future!

To the few who applied, I do apologize for the full stop, but I'm also grateful for your interest.