RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-11-2019, 05:19 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27756
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Good stuff. I am fairly new to 5.0 but have some great tools. Will get my app posted when it is complete.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:02 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8726
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Started my character Kaira, a former investigator with a local federal agency office.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:15 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5776
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Very cool, Drachen

I am looking forward to your character, Digorig
Old 04-11-2019, 10:25 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
My App is posted, 90% complete here. I was going to make my RP sample about my character being turned into a vampire. Is that OK? Are there any certain aspects that should be included, or excluded?
Old 04-11-2019, 10:50 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1457
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
oooh what's this? A non-WoD Vampire game? I like it already! Time to put something together!
Old 04-11-2019, 10:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2551
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Name:
Marek Falls

Class:
Fast Hero going Gunslinger
Nationality:
American
Background:
Dilettante
Personality trait:
I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal:
Independence. When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny.
Bond:
Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw:
I have little respect for anyone who is not proven.

Appearance: Marek stands six foot six and weighed around three hundred pounds when he was alive now its more like two fifty but none of the muscular tone has diminished during the change. His skin was tan but not overly so which gave him a California surfer look but now he is paler with splotches of black across his abs and upper arms. His hair is black and while he tries to keep it crew cut like he did when in the military it has grown out to around shoulder length, if you ask him he needs a hair cut. His eyes were a warm brown in color but now are an ice blue, almost glowing with color but devoid of the kindness they held before.

His typical cloths are like the old western type like the old western shows he watched with his dad when he was a kid, but instead of brown they are black with a modern flair in silver zippers and buttons. The black leather trench coat has several inner pockets but is use to conceal the two pistols in holsters at his sides. His leather boots clash with his outfit and look very out of place but he is never seen without them. The tan colored work boots with brown leather laces are worn and well loved, a last gift from his father before he passed.

Personality: In life Marek was a spoiled brat with a chip on his shoulder, he never had to really work for anything when he was young because his mother gave him everything he wanted. While he got nearly all of his mothers negative traits she did pass on one that he has put to good use, a stubbornness and refusal to accept fear and that has let him survive many encounters he should probably not have. His mothers wild spirit was born again in Marek and he hates taking orders but his time in the military gave him a point of view that sometimes following orders was for the best, just understand what your following. After his mother passed when he was fourteen and her brother tried to take everything from Marek and his father, Marek had to learn about hard work....something his father was used to before he married into money. At eighteen Marek joined the military and it taught him that those who prove themselves are worth protecting because most people can't prove themselves. After his death his views have not really changed, he still only sees a point in protecting those who can prove themselves but now the weak look like food.

Backstory: Marek was born to a wealthy mother and a steel-mill working father, an unlikely couple but they loved each other all the same. Marek's mother doted on him hand and foot when he was born, showering him with anything and everything he could ever want and as he grew he thought this was the norm for everyone until his father insisted he go to a public school. It was during this time that Marek found out that he was not the same as other kids, in fact he was hated almost universally by the others due to the money his family had. Fights were common place for Marek in school and that's where his want to be the best at anything first came to light and while he tried and learned many different things he didn't find his calling while in school. His mother died when he was fourteen but no one would tell him why or how, he later learned his mother was the head of one of the new york crime families and was assassinated by a rival. No longer able to draw on his mothers financial means Marek and his father moved into a dumpy little apartment and had to scrounge for everything. With his father working nearly eighty hours a week Marek was left on his own most of the time and the loneliness ate at him for years. It wasn't until his senior year in high school when a recruiter from the marines came to the school to talk to the students about there future. Marek drank in the information the man handed out like a sponge and he decided to join even before the man left.

With his father's blessing Marek set out for training on graduation day. Finding that this life was great and kept his mind off problems that seemed so distant now. It was during these eight years that he found out that he had a knack for firearms, beating many of the previous records held for sharpshooting, distance shooting, and even trick shooting. Marek also found a physical release in a women who joined the same time he had named Vennessa Glower, while she fell in love he didn't see her in that way and so they remained friends with occasional nights of passion. He also met George who served as his spotter during the distance shooting tests and they became fast friends, even managing to get into the same unit when shipped overseas to the fight. Four tours of duty taught Marek a lot, like true friends who had your back were few and very far between. Marek's father died due to heart failure while he was overseas which caused him to snap and beat a man to death, fortunately George was there and lied to protect Marek. Marek was released from service with an honorable discharge and he had no idea what he was going to do after that. When he landed back home in New York he was greeted by a man in a black suit and tie who explained that he was Marek's driver and he was instructed to take Marek to his mother's lawyer. The lawyer told Marek that he has a substantial amount of money his mother had left him but his father wouldn't let him have but now that his father was gone the lawyer was completing his mothers wishes.

Now with money again and no idea what he was going to do with the rest of his life he did what any rich man would do....he went to a bar. The night was a blur with everything he drank but he does remember a beautiful red headed women with a revealing dress asking to take him home but as they left the darkness consumed his vision and now he is awake in an odd room with people he does not know.

Connections:
George Bakerson- Friend who served in Marek's unit, became a druggie due to depression after getting out of the military.
Vennessa Glower- Friend/Lover she was the medic assigned to Marek's unit when it was needed.
'Banner'- Marek killed his brother during his final deployment and he followed Marek back to the states to get his revenge.
'Moose'- old rival from old money that still has a problem with Marek though Marek has no clue why.

RP sample:
Marek walked into the barely lit room of one of the many hidden bars in New York. It wasn't crowded but at least half the seats were taken by older men except for three younger guys towards the very back and they were acting half-lit and raising hell. A bottle flew past Marek and smashed against the door that he had just came in, glass shards and beer splattered against his left pantleg. The night was cold and getting colder as it did this close to winter but Marek enjoyed the cold. He straightened his hat and patted the side of his coat where his gun was holstered underneath just to reassure himself, he was meeting a criminal with information after all so precautions were normal. As he entered the bottle smashed against the wall covering his pant leg and part of his coat in the frothing liquid which drew a groan from him, that smell was so hard to get out of cloths. His eyes went to the barkeep who only smiled and shook his head and then to the punks in the back. He knew they were causing problems and that could alert the police which would shut down his meeting before it began which would be bad for his health, he did owe someone very powerful the information. Making his way towards the young men with a fake smile on his face "Gentlemen it appears you seem to have misplaced a bottle, might i suggest you leave and go find it..." the threat hung in the air for a moment before the three stood, puffing out there chests and the leader reached forward and grabbed Marek by the front of his coat "Oh i think you should go get us another bottle as an apology fer interrupting our evening out, what you think lads?" the other two just chuckled. Marek lost his smile then and the icy look gave the main youth pause and the feeling that maybe he shouldn't have touched this guy. "You misunderstand your position, i was not asking you to leave....i am telling you to." with lighting reflexes Marek reached up and grabbed the hand that was on his coat twisting it into a painful thumb lock and bringing the thug to his knees while his other hand went to the side of his coat and pulled it back revealing the weapon he had there. His eyes going back and forth between the other two before breaking the thumb with a sick crunching sound "Now take this trash with you and leave before you really get hurt and the bartender has to call an ambulance to pick up your corpses." The color had drained form both of the others and they dragged there screaming friend out of the bar. Marek took a seat where they had been "Barkeep, one pint over here." the barmen smiled "First one's on the house for taking the garbage out, and i'll let Marcus know your here."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marek.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	79803  
Family emergency, think i have PM'ed all the games i am in but just in case i will put it here as well. I am currently in a medical center with a family member. Posting will be slow to nonexistent for the near future.

Last edited by Rylus; 04-22-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:25 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
@Digorig: You may do your RP sample as an in and out version since he would have been knocked unconscious 'mostly' before he was turned.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1058
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posting Interest. Should have something posted this weekend.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:18 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8726
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
RP Sample completed. At this point, I think I'm done, though I may add some more after I sleep on it.
I welcome any feedback, questions, comments, concerns, and critiques.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
@Arthilian01 Can you give us a general feel on a deadline, please? A week, A Month? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:04 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
A deadline: Soft two-three weeks
Old 04-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
A deadline: Soft two-three weeks
That works, thank you.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:45 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5675
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Heinrick Lichter
left-aligned image
Name: Heinrick Lichter
Class: Fast Hero
Nationality: German
Background: Adventurer

Last edited by Totentanzen; 04-18-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:33 AM
The Dawnwarden

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Cobalt XIV Cobalt XIV Cobalt XIV
I'm going to be working on a Dedicated Hero/Potential Negotiator character for this. It seems pretty interesting.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3854
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
With regret I am withdrawing my interest. RL and all. Game sounds like great fun, though. Have fun guys and lots of luck!!