twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 02:35 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Dratoul
Yeah Rifts character creation can be a little unforgiving at times, I'll look it over when I get home and help finish it.

In the rifts world there are lots of psionic users, you never know when or where you maybe mentally attacked and as for alter aura? Both, anyone or anything that can see your aura would get a different reading than you truly are, it won't hide you but could be used to make you appear like a normal human. In the Rifts world EVERYONE has ISP/PPE, just that normal people have so low points. It would be like hiding in plain sight, one more tree in the forest.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
I'll help no problem..

Pick 2 languages RUE pg 304
Pick 2 types of vehicles to drive, no military vehicles or robots/PA RUE pg 303
Pick 1 weapon proficiencies RUE pg 303

You can change your hand to hand basic to expert at the cost of 1 OCC related skill or martial arts at the cost of 2 OCC related skills.

You get a total of 6 OCC related skills at level 1 and they can be chosen from the following categories with the following bonuses,restrictions. Or a couple can be sacrificed to upgrade your hand to hand fighting skill. Rifts Ultimate Edition Page 302 & 303 has the list to make it easier.

Communications: Any.
Cowboy: None.
Domestic: Any.
Electrical : Basic only.
Espionage: Any (+5%).
Horsemanship: General and Exotic Animals only.
Mechanical : Basic and Automotive only.
Medical : First Aid, Animal Husbandry, and Brewing only.
Military: Any.
Physical : Any, except Acrobatics and Wrestling.
Piloting: Any (+5%).
Pilot Related: Any.
Rogue: Any (+2%; +10% to Seduction and Streetwise).
Science: Advanced Math only (+1 5%).
Technical : Any (+ 1 0%).
W.P. : Any.
Wilderness: Any.

After that you get secondary skills. The difference is like OCC skills is your major studies in school and secondary skills is your minor. You learn them but they aren't as in depth as in you use the same list above with the same restrictions but you don't get the bonuses.

You choose 6 skills that will have the +x% bonuses for a level 3 skill and then 2 more that start at level 1.

Let me know those and I will finish the skills on the sheet.

Mind block auto defense can be more useful than you think. Remember in the rifts world there are a lot more psychik than you realize and not everyone has your best interest at heart. It comes down to protecting yourself rather than the group.

Alter aura adjusts your aura but doesn't conceal it. Just about EVERYONE has some degree of psychik ability and those that do not still have ISP points, just not many. In a sense it will conceal you by adjusting your aura to match those of the dozens of non-psychiks around you. Basically hiding in plain site. It could be changed to look stronger than it really is to intimidate someone or to make them underestimate you.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:00 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
System told me the first version of this didn't post so I retyped it LOL. Also whatever you choose to pilot, will be what you drive in the game. For instance if you choose automobile I'll give you a Big Boss ATV which is a good vehicle to travel in, good storage and can easily have weapons added.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 288
Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cealdran Tethon.pdf (1.10 MB, 5 views)
File Type: txt Cealdran Tethon numbers and stuff.txt (3.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-16-2019, 10:02 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Hey,

Let me answer your questions.

You were correct in regards to the Atlanteans being fluent in 3 languages and also literate in them. In the rifts world just because you speak it doesn't mean you can write it.

Yes the bonuses that HtHMA gives you is basically physical actions only and does not apply to using weapons just as the WP bonuses are used for weapons only and not hand to hand.

WP Sword is last WP on page 327 of the ultimate edition rule book.

Pre-rifts SDC weapons are in the Rifts original core book on page 243, for more modern non-energy weapons you have to look through the books unfortunately. The mercenaries books, the world books all have non-energy weapons but best is the merc books. Or page 200 on the Heroes Unlimited revised rulebook.

Our you could use the info under the WP's themselves as a basic rule for damage.

Any other questions? Just ask, no stupid question.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:57 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Popestar Popestar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratoul View Post
Yes the bonuses that HtHMA gives you is basically physical actions only and does not apply to using weapons just as the WP bonuses are used for weapons only and not hand to hand.
Just a note that some OCC's override this. Wired Gunslinger is a good example where the bonuses apply to both.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Yep. Oh any more messages, please post them in the OOC thread in the game. I forget to check here sometimes.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:14 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egeslean View Post
It's not done (any help finishing it would be appreciated, I'm a little overwhelmed XD but it seems like an interesting system).

I'm not exactly sure about the mind block auto defense, I don't know how useful it would actually be. If not that then I think I'd grab the Group Mind Block. (The current ISP doesn't reflect the auto-defense's ISP cost yet, since I'm not set in that choice.)

Also, does Alter Aura only work against those that can use See Aura? Or would using it also conceal the psionic from those using Detect Psionics?
Ok,

For your OCC skills, I have added 3 literacy skills as per the True Atlantean RCC. On your charactersheet you have to choose from the list below 2 languages you speak and 3 you are literate in

These are the major languages in Rifts America

American (English)
Techno-Can
Spanish
Japanese
Chinese
Euro
Dragonese/Eleven -Universal magic tongue
Gobblery -Universal monster
Faire Speak
Demongogian - Universal demon/Devil

In the Rifts Ultimate book page 151 you will see a list of categories with restrictions. You get to choose a total of 6 skills from that list. These are your OCC Related skills.

In the Rifts Ultimate book page 300 you will see a list of secondary skills categories with restrictions. You get to choose a total of 6 skills from that list then an addition 2. These are your OCC Related skills. You can decide which ones you want or if you prefer I can finish your character for you (choose skills, etc). Let me know, I'd be happy to do it.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:10 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Foam Gnome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egeslean View Post
It's not done (any help finishing it would be appreciated, I'm a little overwhelmed XD but it seems like an interesting system).

I'm not exactly sure about the mind block auto defense, I don't know how useful it would actually be. If not that then I think I'd grab the Group Mind Block. (The current ISP doesn't reflect the auto-defense's ISP cost yet, since I'm not set in that choice.)

Also, does Alter Aura only work against those that can use See Aura? Or would using it also conceal the psionic from those using Detect Psionics?
There is a sensitive psionic called Mask I.S.P and Psionics that while active will block the detection of Psionics but will also block your own detection abilities while it is active.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 253
Alyfox Alyfox Alyfox
Please put me on the wait list!
Old 05-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyfox View Post
Please put me on the wait list!
Hey Alyfox,

Thanks for the interest. I can do one better, two of the people who said they wanted to play I think has disappeared on me so... If you have an idea for a character, let me know what it is. Also, have you played Rifts before?

Drat.