RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-13-2019, 12:09 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
gwythion
Name: Oz (aka Mr. Ted aka Tristan Wentworth)
Metatype: Human
Archetype: Magic Decker
Current Job: Teacher

What are you doing? He came upstairs to shop for a new suit.

Last edited by gwythion; 04-13-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:06 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12277
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
GM: I have a question about 'gear'. So... if we spend a bunch of Nuyen on a nova-hot car and a great downtown apartment, then what are the chances that those get blown up in the first scene? Is it only worth having what gear the characters are carrying on their person?
Old 04-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2182
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
No, I won't wipe out your gear in the opening narration.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:49 AM
Crazy Cat Lady

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 580
auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayNinja View Post
I prefer Chummer. It's just generally the best way to create a character.
Lucky me, I originally built this character on Chummer. I made some nips and tucks for this setting, but it was way easier to put them in than calculate it all from scratch.

At some later appropriate time, if accepted, I'll need to know how to get it to you.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:52 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
TheFenrir TheFenrir TheFenrir
This seems like it could be rather fun.

Pretty much a clean slate idea wise on my end. So, what 5e sources are open? Or, perhaps more on point, are there things you do not want to see?
Old 04-14-2019, 11:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFenrir View Post
This seems like it could be rather fun.

Pretty much a clean slate idea wise on my end. So, what 5e sources are open? Or, perhaps more on point, are there things you do not want to see?
I don't have anything in mind that's strictly forbidden, but cheese and snowflakes will be a tougher sell (e.g. Restricted Gear for heavy milspec armor, or an A.I. or Metasapient character).
Old 04-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
I have a couple of ideas rattling around in my head... not sure which one I'll settle on. Either it's going to be a Troll who is mostly just an urban survivalist. Or it's going to be a Human (maybe Russian) mafia enforcer kind of character. I waffle back and forth between the 2 ideas. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a version of the SR Troll that's like a D&D troll - more gangly and inhuman in appearance. The Troll has the benefit of definitely being an outsider who doesn't fit in so well, which brings up many existential questions and awkward situations, which might prove interesting. The mafia enforcer has definite utilitarian skills and involves NPCs and other personalities better. So... I'm still torn. I should have something together before the deadline, however.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:12 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
insertnamehere insertnamehere
GM are you still looking for players?
Old 04-15-2019, 07:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by insertnamehere View Post
GM are you still looking for players?
Absolutely. Applications are open for another week.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, thanks. Also, clarifying question, do you need our sheet, or just a concept?
Old 04-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Just the concept for now, but if you have a sheet ready, it can't hurt, and I could offer some tips.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:35 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ApplicationName: Liao "Metal" Chun
Fake SIN: Tsu Xiulan
Metatype: Human
Archetype: Rigger
Current Job: Runner that specializes in package delivery.

Physical Description: A medium height human, Metal has dark brown eyes, and jet black hair. He is always wearing a trenchcoat, and usually has a gun and drone on him.

Personality/Background: Liao has always been a tinkerer. During one of his years at the local corp school, Liao accidentally juryrigged a bomb, with it detonating in his class. Due to this, his father was severely reprimanded, leading to his banishment from his family, who now believe he is dead. Eventually, he paid off a fixer to get him a fake SIN, and make him SINless, but his past still haunts him.

Liao is constantly vigilant, worried that his past will come back to haunt him. He seems to be rough to most people, but does care about those he considers to be "his people".

Qualities: Gearhead, Juryrigger, Mild Grass Allergy

What are you doing?: All players will start out at Lordstrung's Department Store, one of the public entrances to the Ork Underground, when the invasion hits. What are you doing there?
Liao would be dropping off some kind of shipment, whether it be drugs, ware, or other drek.

Role-play Sample:
Liao: "Got any work for me, Freight?"
Freight: "Milk run if you're interested, local Stuffer Shack needs a resupply." Freight points towards a few crates of soymilk. "Some BTLs in there as well. 200 upfront. 800 if you get back."
Liao: "That it?" Liao raises an eyebrow "Well, beggars can't be choosers. Better be good for the money."
Freight tosses him a credstick
Freight "Should know this by now. Always am."

Liao interfaces with his Bulldog Step-Van through his Rigger Interface, seamlessly navigating with the vehicle. He tosses out one of his MCT Fly-Spys to scout the area for any signs of trouble, setting it to use an Autosoft he has loaded on his Proteus Poseidon RCC. During this time, he secures an Ares Alpha to his Doberman drone. After he checks the Fly-Spy, he walks out, concealed Ares Predator V under his coat. He picks up the crates and sends them off for delivery.

Last edited by insertnamehere; 04-16-2019 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Formatting
Old 04-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
This what you're looking for? Anything I should add, beyond this?
Old 04-15-2019, 08:53 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Klara Werner

Metatype: Troll (f)

Archetype: urban survivalist / street sam

Current job: odd jobs, mainly as a dock or warehouse worker

Physical description: They don't make clothing for Trolls, so Klara makes her own - usually by cannibalizing other outfits for their cloth. Dresses are easier to make, so that's usually what she's wearing - separates including a skirt and complimentary top. She knits hats and scarves for warmth. Otherwise, her personal possessions are pretty scant. Her hair style could be classified as late 60, German dreadlocks and she prefers to wear some kind of eye makeup when she can afford to splurge on it. Shoes are a problem; currently, she wearing a pair of sandals that have tire-treads as their soles. She large... that's for sure. And nobody would mistake her for a man. She has a habit of snarling at people that she doesn't know when in pubic, so that they'll leave her alone. On the job, she tried to be as gentle and socially acceptable as she can manage.

Personality and background: Klara grew up on the streets of Hamburg. Found in a trash can by some Orks, she never knew here parents and later figured that whoever they were, they weren't worth knowing. Anybody who abandoned their baby were obviously not good people. She left Germany when she was pretty young and worked on various ocean-going vessels whenever she could convince the captain to hire her on - for not much more than the large amounts of food and water she required. She liked the solidarity of the ocean, where few people were around to pester or bully her. Yes, a Troll can get bullied. Over the next decade or so, she visited ports all around the world and finally ended up in Seattle, where she took a liking some people she met on the docks who were oddly accepting of her.

Qualities:
  • Positive: bilingual (German and English), quick healer, natural athlete
  • Negative: distinctive style, bi-polar, in debt.

What are you doing in Lundstrung's? Working. Klara has a temporary job working in the on-sight warehouse - taking heavy purchases out to people's vehicles and otherwise moving stuff around. There's a new display being setup that she's been carting stuff around for.

Last edited by girlplay; 04-16-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Also, is this game action oriented, or more of a stealth focused game?

Edit: Completed sheet, if you want me to send it to you.

Last edited by insertnamehere; 04-15-2019 at 11:01 PM.