RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 10:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3361
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Bump. We've got a group of 3 lvl 1s ready to go, they just need a fourth to set out. Would you like that to be you?
Old 10-16-2017, 01:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts

-Race, class, background, etc.
Human Variant, Rogue, Criminal
-A link to your completed character sheet.
Luk Shek Kee
-What about this game concept appeals to you?
Post rate in most games are rather low- so hopefully this is as advertised with a high post rate.
Being a wargamer also, a more combat centered thread is more my steed.
-Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
Not necessarily.
-Any questions you might have?
Any of the newer stuff allowed or is it still as in original thread (by newer stuff I mean backgrounds/Tortles for Tomb of Annihilation and races from Volo... also background from Strahd's... not that any of it is a necessary, just wondering)
-Experience with 5e.
DM'd three games and played in about a dozen others... as I was a teenager playing Chainmail, DND and I go way back.
-Expected post rate.
I can post 7 days a week, usually multiple times per day.

Last edited by Landsknechts; 10-16-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 749
SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad
I would like to join. Please accept this application.

Aedric
right-aligned image

Name: Aedric
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Monk
Character Sheet

What about this game concept appeals to you?
High post rates and popularity. Accepting every applicant and can jump into the game quickly

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
Appears to be lacking rules and control for fair play.

Any questions you might have?
Lot, but learning through reading other posts.

Experience with 5e
Relatively new, but played other versions of D&D before. Currently, going through 5e adventures.

Expected post rate
Every day multiple times per day; in the early mornings and evenings.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 298
Nai Nai Nai
Malaki
right-aligned image

Name: Malaki
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

I have the dungeon delve book would like to try it out!

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
No.

What are the connections to the book?

Experience with 5e?
Very new to 5e..

Expected post rate?
I can post each day.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=72426

Last edited by Nai; 10-26-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:44 PM
has done stuff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: -10244
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Brand Kuryente

Race - Dragonborn (Bronze) and unaware of this fact. Human as far as he knows.

Class - Sorcerer.

Background - Ever since Ofelya, the Duke's prettiest daughter, jilted me, there is just no point going on living. I might as well die in a dungeon. I'm a fountain of ideas, and rather outgoing--until lately, now that Ofelya has literally destroyed my heart and soul. I'm also mortally terrified of small, skittery animals like mice, rats, frogs, large insects, "teacup" pet dogs, pine martens, some birds, cats, chipmunks, weasels, hedgehogs, stoats, and others that I'll know if I see. I'll let you know too.

Hopefully completed character sheet - is here. Need to add an illustration. Imagine a tall lad in his late teens with coppery robes, a quarterstaff, bronzed hair and somewhat metallic brown eyes.

What about this game concept appeals to you? - I'd like to learn the mechanics of this edition without a ton of roleplay, and this game is really a public service to the community. Well done Agrudez.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you? - Not really. Brand expects to die. I expect to learn.

Any questions you might have? - Not yet...

Experience with 5e - You're my first. (Don't worry about being gentle with me.)

Expected post rate - 1x / day or slightly less. I travel a lot.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:23 AM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1453
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin gaijin View Post
Race - Dragonborn (Bronze) and unaware of this fact. Human as far as he knows.
Ridin Gaijin, from what I understand, 5e Dragonborn are born very different. You're not born human, then turn dragonborn...you're actually hatched from an egg.

"Growth
Young dragonborn, who hatched from eggs like their draconic relatives, grew at an impressively rapid rate, much faster than most other races, reaching the equivalent maturity of a human child of 10 by age 3. Dragonborn nursed their hatchlings for several months before teeth began to come in. A dragonborn would then slowly introduce soft food and then move towards normal dragonborn eating habits, which contained more meat than was typical of most other races.

Their rate of maturation slowed dramatically within a few short years and they were not considered physically mature until the age 12, when their bodies reached their adult height and appearance. Not all dragonborn developed a breath weapon but those that did usually obtained it during these years of growth.

Psychologically, dragonborn were considered mature as a human adult by age 12, and when they reached age 15 they were considered legally adults in dragonborn society. Once they did reach adulthood, dragonborn could expect a lifespan identical to that of humans."

Here are some illustrations to show how...noticeable...dragonborn are, and a physical description:

"Standing on average around 6'2" – 6'8" (1.88–2.03 meters), dragonborn were impressively tall with a heavy weight to match, commonly possessing a mass of 220–320 lbs (100–145 kg). Dragonborn feet ended with three strong talon-like claws with a fourth claw in the back, while their hands were similar with three claws with a thumb replacing the rear claw. A dragonborn's head featured a blunt snout, a strong brow, and reptilian frills on the cheeks and ears. On the back of the head, a crest of hornlike scales formed what resembled a mess of ropy hair. Dragonborn eyes were usually red or gold in hue.["

Just search "dragonborn 5e" under Google Images to get a more complete idea.

Derya Blodwell - Ironborn, A Game of Thrones
Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Garceau Cho Terr - Golden Company

Last edited by Andor; 10-31-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:05 PM
Nutter Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1758
DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker
I do not think he means Dragonborn per-sae -- as he referenced the Sorcerer so I think he meant Dragon Bloodline -- but I am not sure about that since I am not him.

Last edited by DeJoker; 10-31-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:14 PM
One Track Mind

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10164
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Ttalkw Georj
left-aligned image

Ttalkw Georj
Human, Ranger

Character Sheet Coming

Background: Northern Hunter & Trapper
Class: Ranger
Role: Projectile Hurler, Hunter/Trapper

In a dungeon now and LOVE it!

Nope, I force in as much "Role" play as I can, but love that I can fall back to a bare minimum and it is all that's expected. I love that I can explore town in my downtime between dungeons.

Experience with 5e
Playing mostly 13th Age and 4th addition in the last two years, but have plenty of D&D experience. Currently in the Labyrinth now with my other character.

Expected post rate.
Once / day, sometimes more. Very occasional lapses (I sometimes travel pretty far up North to places with little or no internet/phone service).

Back Story
WIP

Ttalkw is a left-handed, albino, eskimo, ranger. Self sufficient and a loner. He's a strange duck all around but a good guy to have along in a scrape. He'll be focused on slightly more obscure but still useful skills. He will by no means be an optimized combatant but he'll certainly have flavor galore.

Last edited by Tongue; 10-31-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:47 PM
has done stuff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: -10244
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
Ridin Gaijin, from what I understand, 5e Dragonborn are born very different. You're not born human, then turn dragonborn...you're actually hatched from an egg.
Goodness! I had better do some more homework - thanks for the tip. I'm relying on a few different online SRDs, none of which mentioned all that egg business. Sounds slimy, but then again, so is mammal birth.

Back to the interwebs. I'm pretty sure the idea would be to just stick with the bloodline as DJ mentions. Thanks again.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:06 PM
Nutter Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1758
DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker
Hard to say Ridin Gaijin whether going human Dragon Bloodline would be better than Dragonborn Dragon Bloodline of course that is unless the whole concept of the character is to not know that they have a Dragon heritage. If you need any help with this let me know I have the 5e books and such and others in the game might be able to help you flesh this out as well. I do not think that Agrudez would object to you stopping by the game and chatting in the OCC Table Talk thread in order to finish sorting things out before officially posting your character and having them become an active PC

Last edited by DeJoker; 10-31-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3361
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin gaijin View Post
Back to the interwebs. I'm pretty sure the idea would be to just stick with the bloodline as DJ mentions. Thanks again.
Whenever you decide on your race just let me know. And feel free, as Joker suggested, to come on over to the game forum to start integrating into the community - we're glad to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongue View Post

[/FIELDSET]
Hey, Tongue, I'm glad you're enjoying the game! That said, there are already rules in place for obtaining a second character that you can find here. Luckily, what you discussed (and have already started) with the world map is likely something I'd consider a "tier 3 contribution", so once that is complete you can re-submit Ttalkw.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:08 PM
One Track Mind

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10164
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
@Agrudez
You know I saw that, then plum forgot. No problem though, I really just wanted to have a character with a different class ready in town in case he was a better fit for someone's party. I'll probably only play one at a time. Really just getting my brain storm on paper is good enough for now as I won't likely have time to finish the character sheet until after the map is made anyway.

Last edited by Tongue; 11-01-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 969
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
I think this goes here?

Amaru
right-aligned image

Amaru
Half-Elf
Rogue

Quirks
Can't leave a bar without buying a drink, yet doesn't drink alcohol.
Geocaches.

Background Criminal

My very first D&D game was essentially a dungeon dive with a roguish character. I love to RP, but sometimes a murderous rampage, hack-n-slash, dungeon dive is great also!

Not that I've seen yet.

Not at this time!

Experience with 5e.
Not alot really. A few games that never got very far off the ground, but I'm pretty fluent in character creation!

Expected post rate.
Once per day, on average.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:57 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Application
left-aligned image
Danelli Driftwood
Race: Wood-Elf
Class: Ranger (Revised UA)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Outlander

Trait: I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home, still nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Trait: There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
Ideal: Life is about fun, adventure and excitement.
Bond: The people I adventure with are my friends and friends are worth fighting for.
Flaw: I am overconfident in my abilities. The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't

Appearance: Just over 4 feet tall with a youthful gate and expression Dani could almost be mistaken as a child. She wears supple leather armor in a myriad of muted colors.

Personality: Cheerful and energetic, Dani is an optimist and romantic. She views life as one great adventure and is happiest when there's action to be had. She rarely sits still tending to pace and fidget when bored. Although fearless and impulsive she can usually keep a level head to get a job done.

History: Dani grew up in an elven community of northern High Forest that enjoyed a peaceful existence with nature. Dani liked the woods but quickly got bored with the closed society. She wanted to see the world and adventure, so that's what she did. Also the elders had become rather annoyed with her light fingers and irrepressible nature. With little experience mainly traveled the forest surviving the way she had learned as a child, off the land mostly. Eventually she made her way to a town boasting a massive dungeon filled with loot...perfect

Last edited by JohnStone; 11-08-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3551
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
Eyesyk Bloodclot
left-aligned image

Eyesyk Bloodclot
Half orc Fighter

Character Sheet

Background: Outlander
Class: Fighter
Role: Damage

I like the idea of the mmorpg, players make their groups and go on quests, gain experience and have fun.

Not really, sounds fun.

Experience with 5e
I am in one 5e table top game that meets once a month, and 2 play by post games, one one rpgx and one through FB with some other guys.

Expected post rate.
I can commit to at least one per day, some days more but unless something comes up I can usually do more.

Back Story
The son of Orc warrior Gur'klec Bloodclot and his human slave Clair Bloodclot. Eyesyk was trained as an Orcish warrior by his father. His human blood never allowed him to fully integrate into Orcish society but he was treated the same by his father as he treated his other sons. His brothers did not like Eyesyk but tolerated him because his father viewed him as an equal and together they dominated the other young Orcs.

At 14 Eyesyk was send away to face the same trial all members of the members of the Bloodclot clan must face to ensure adulthood, enter the wilderness and kill a bear by yourself and wear the animals hide. With only his father's family great ax he went into the forest. It took Eyesyk many days to locate a bear. It was a viscous battle, one that almost killed him but his orcish heritage game him the will to continue and slay the bear. He skinned the bear and dried the hide which he wears as armor.

When he returned to his village all he could see was smoke and fire, there had been a great battle. When the smoke cleared Eyesyk searched the village, every orc had been slain, looks like the work of humans. All slaves seemed to be rescued so he knew his mother was safe which provided him some comfort. Eyesyk shrugged his shoulders, clearly these Orcs were not as mighty as they claimed and Gruumsh punished them. He found himself alone, the last member of the Bloodclot clan, he would not be dishonored as his family was.

Over the next 4 years Eyesyk survived in the outskirts of society, selling skin and meat to local humans. One day Eyesyk came across a campfire, there were 4 well equipped adventurers, they did not seemed frightened by Eyesyk at all they invited him to share a meal and told him many stories of adventure and glory, dungeon trials and quests. This encounter encouraged Eyesyk to seek glory for himself.