RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4932
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
I think I'm the only one with no spellcasting ability at all.

I expanded my background a bit, wasn't happy with the first one (a bit too vanilla) but I like this one much more.
Both is fine for me. I give you a flaming greatsword +5 for compensation.

Last edited by LeDragon; 09-20-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4707
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDragon View Post
Both is fine for me. I give you a flaming greatsword +5 for compensation. ;-)
What is he, Berric Dondarrion? Is one of the party a drunk guy with the ability to raise the dead with a prayer as well?
Old 09-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Name: Danilaria "Dani" Fyremayn
Race: Elf
Class(es): Stormborn Sorcerer
Alignment: Chaotic Nuetral
Deity (incl. the times you pray): Findeladlara
Description: (5-10 lines are sufficient)WIP
Background: (8-10 lines are sufficient)
Example of your posting style: (5-10 lines are sufficient or just add the link to a good post in one of your games)
Old 09-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3223
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Quote:
Both is fine for me. I give you a flaming greatsword +5 for compensation. ;-)
He's definitely a warhammer type guy from how I'm envisioning him. Smashing right into the crowd, hammer swinging, knocking people over on their duffs, and laughing like a maniac. I love the sound of it.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Lurker at the Threshold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 868
Balazar99 Balazar99 Balazar99 Balazar99 Balazar99 Balazar99 Balazar99
Name: Kith Kussek

Race: Human

Class: Wizard

Alignment: Neutral

Deity: Nethys, god of magic and the arcane. Kith offers prayers to Nethys whilst he is studying or preparing new spells.

Description: Tall and thin, Kith has sandy brown hair and his green eyes hide behind a pair of half moon spectacles that perch on his hawkish nose. He wears practical traveling robes which are lined with a variety of pockets for carrying various odds and ends. Kith is a man of logic and rational thought, often preferring to analyze complex magical phenomena rather than interact with other sentient beings which he often finds confusing and erratic.

Background: Raised in a small village by parents who were farmers by trade, Kith's propensity to tinker with magic at a young age eventually caused enough problems that his parents brought him to the temple of Nethys. This was both to allow him to study in an environment that encouraged him, and to keep their barn from burning down yet another time. Kith thrived at the Temple, his innate curiosity absorbing magical knowledge like a sponge, but often found his fellow mages to be too invested in particular ideologies. Unable to understand why others could not simply study these wondrous natural processes without applying to some kind agenda, Kith ultimately left the Temple to pursue independent studies, traveling to all manner of places to study different magical methods. In particular, Kith became fascinated with the undead, the effect of undeath on the host's body and mind seemed inexplicable to the young wizard. Upon hearing vague rumors of undead being spotted out in the Wasteland, Kith set off to discover what more could be learned.

Example of your posting style:
Old 09-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Note4all: I see a lack of diversity, thus, I adjusted the rules for the char-creation a little by copying the good idea of another DM. See my first post.

Of course, it's only up to you to change or change not your char/application.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
RustyCthulhu
What do you mean about the
Traits: Max. 2 racial and 2 additional
part?

Do you mean we can potentially take a total of 4 traits (presumably with drawbacks)? Or is this in regards to alternative race traits?

I reconsidered my cavalier (cavalier/paladin actually) as it wasn't quite working for me - and a slew of paladins cropped up, of course. I think I've got an idea for a halfling alchemist build, but I'm still playing around with it.

Last edited by RustyCthulhu; 09-20-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12041
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
While working on my alchemist I have a question about the 15 skill points at 1st level, since each skill can only be 1 rank at level 1 does that mean we 15 skills at 1 rank, or is that 15 skill points used at any time during character creation or am i missing something obvious?
Old 09-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12041
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
character application
left-aligned image

Humzar Peeck
Gnome, Male, Late Seventies, Neutral Goodish
Master of Alchemical Processes, brewing and sampler of fine foods

“The secrets of alchemy exist to transform mortals from a state of suffering and ignorance to a state of enlightenment and bliss.”

Appearence
Humzar is small and lithe as far as even gnomes go being but an inch or two over three feet, but what he lacks in physical size he makes up for in his list of eccentricities. Some of these are more pronounced than others like his curly beard patch and his lanky gold blond hair that goes a little past his shoulders, they lack the often crazy look that many gnome tend to sport and the color is definitely more muted. His nose is long and comes to a rounded point, over a small mouth that looks undersized compared to other facial features like is his large expressive eyes and bushy eyebrows, making him capable of some interesting and odd looking facial expressions that he seems to delight in making. He tends towards loose fitting pants with a multitude of pockets and clips for his knick knacks, but his shirt and vest are most definitely sleeveless and tight to give him maximum mobility for when something might possibly need throwing. He has a penchant for rings or various settings and materials, from inlaid golds to a simple wooded with carved pigs, and likes a good and interesting belt buckle when he can find one that suits his current style. While he has a sheath for a small dagger, not much more than a knife really by tall folk standards he doesn't have much else in the way of obvious weaponry when hanging about though has been known to carry a crossbow when off adventuring that can only be described as possibly a bit garish. Light on his feet he practically dances about and even when standing still is often rocking on his heels with some fidgeting energy that he is looking to expend, watching him long enough is bound to make some people motion sick if they aren't careful.

Religious Beliefs
Humzar associated most closely with Cayden Cailean for many reasons but mostly because he likes the idea of someone average with a bit of luck becoming a good, and the fact that Cayden loves to drink just seals the deal for him, for he has enough seriousness in his life and would much rather be having a bit of lucky fun than getting all serious like some of the others gods seem to be. He toasts Cayden at every meal of the day with some minor concoction of his devising, hoping that Cayden will see fit to grant him luck and fortune in all his endeavors, and in return Humzar will do his best to ensure that everybody has a little bit of fun along the way.

Personality
Humzar can be a bit of an assault upon the senses in some ways but there are few better travelling companions that one could hope to have, he is loyal, friendly, brave and has an energy about him that is bound to make people chuckle. He feels people spend too much time dwelling on all the things that can horribly wrong and does his best to lighten the mood of such talks in hopes that his friends and companions might enjoy a few moments of respite from the darkness and seriousness in the world. He is most definitely a bit of a people pleaser for he likes nothing more than to make some body smile, laugh or introduce them to some new culinary delight that dazzles the taste buds and makes for a memorable meal. Despite his positive attitude there are definitely a few things the irk him such as water downed spirits, lousy cooking, overbearing bullies and he is not afraid to make his opinions known on these matters when they come up regardless of their position or the situation they find themselves in.

Background
Humzar's parents own a small restaurant in some major city that is often frequented by foodies, nobility and well off merchants looking for something a little different, where the menu repeats infrequently and they are well known for having a wide assortment of spirits and wines. They do well enough for themselves and Humzar and his elder sister Maza were never want for much if anything during their younger years, instead they spent many a day and night toiling along side their mother and father as they created the culinary delights that kept their patrons coming back time after time. Truth be told they were possibly a bit spoiled for few could say they had been treated to such fine fare as they had had the pleasure of tasting growing up, so the fact that they became cooks and vintners in their own rights is far from surprising, the more than once Humzar's boundless energy got him into some hot water and he really didn't have the temperament yet be settling down, instead he tended to take after his Uncle Tutles.

Uncle Tutles was a bit of a prankster, which is saying something for a gnome, and his ventures had led him deep into the art of lets say flashy explosive vials of fun which he in turn made useful by offering his services to parties of adventurers that were more than happy to put up with his pranks in exchange for the explosive vials of fun and his other talents when needed. His parents ever supportive allowed him to apprentice under Uncle Tutles and needless to say Humzar found himself right at home in short order, not that he still didn't enjoy cooking and drinking, but now he could do so with some flashy fun and see all manner of new and exciting places and things that restaurant life just didn't allow one to do. he has spent probably the past decade or so in the life of adventuring mixed with periods of discovery within Uncle Tutles cave of mysteries, and has made a bit of a name for himself in adventuring circles as the type that can be trusted to get the job done and more than enough coins to have a few interesting items tucked away about his person, but there was always something else he had his eye upon. So when he received an invite to travel to Whiteridge with the promise of coins and some things of interest, it took very little convincing to pack a few things in his trusty sack and work his way to Whiteridge in hopes of adventure mixed in with a little bit of fun.

Example Posts
Sample Post 1
Sample Post 2
Sample Post 3

Last edited by OneDarkness; 09-24-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2786
LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara
Quote:
Note4all: I see a lack of diversity, thus, I adjusted the rules for the char-creation a little by copying the good idea of another DM. See my first post.

Of course, it's only up to you to change or change not your char/application.
I also have a fighter that I would be just as happy to apply with if there is a need for something other than a divine caster.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2786
LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara
RP sample added to app.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:57 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDarkness View Post
While working on my alchemist I have a question about the 15 skill points at 1st level, since each skill can only be 1 rank at level 1 does that mean we 15 skills at 1 rank, or is that 15 skill points used at any time during character creation or am i missing something obvious?
You're right, the wording is misleading and I'll correct it. I mean: at the char-creation. You're free how to place it, but I prefer if you spread it over more than 2 skills.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:08 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCthulhu View Post
What do you mean about the
Traits: Max. 2 racial and 2 additional
part?
Do you mean we can potentially take a total of 4 traits (presumably with drawbacks)? Or is this in regards to alternative race traits?
A total of 4 traits. The 2 racial treats including also the alternative racial traits (each race has only 2 "pure" race traits but a couple of alternative race traits).

Quote:
I reconsidered my cavalier (cavalier/paladin actually) as it wasn't quite working for me - and a slew of paladins cropped up, of course. I think I've got an idea for a halfling alchemist build, but I'm still playing around with it.
Feel free to change although I think the cavalier gave you a USP.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:24 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4707
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Not that I have any alternates selected for my character, but why would alternate racials (which are exchanged with baseline traits) have an artificial limit?

Edit: Since we start at level seven, here is the unavoidable question...is leadership a banned feat?

Last edited by Vaerdis; 09-21-2017 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:29 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
For the same reason I artificially limited the amount of books allowed: to keep it quick and simple. Especially for me, because I have a job, two little children and a wife who also wants to spend time with me. Checking rules is no value-adding resp. fun-adding time for me.

Take leadership if you like, but there won't be much more than undead in the wasteland.