RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-24-2017, 03:41 PM
Evil inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4832
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Half-time. 1 week till the end. A summary of current applications:

PlayerCharacterRaceClass(es)DeityComment
CalmInChaosBrygid OakenwrathDwarfInquisitorToragGood app
dirkothRayne „Badger“ FeineHalf-elfRangerErastil Good app
tilbertAyla FrostdawnHalf-ElfPaladin (Archetype pending)Iomedae Good app
VaerdisM'nan "Serena" KortaHalf-ElfInquisitorSaerenae Good app
TyaelTybros EndithasHalf-ElfOracle(Dark Tapestry)Black ButterflyI don't understand the Dark Tapestry/Black butterfly-thing...
KeylusWendell HoldfastHalf-orcPaladinIomedaeGood app
GrouchySigald ForgeguardDwarfFighterToragGood app
dbaqueValens of DavenholdHumanOracle of Life (-> Holy Vindicator)PharasmaGood app
LdyZamaraRaina ‘Ashton’ Scarland AKA ‘Ash’HumanCleric of SirrionSirrionVery long app, but no connection to Whiteridge
RacesWildDanilaria "Dani" FyremaynElfStormborn SorcererFindeladlaraApp in draft version, yet.
Balazar99 Kith KussekHumanWizardNethysGood app (although char is neutral)
OneDarkness Humaz PeeckGnomeAlchemistCayden CaileanGood app
Old 09-24-2017, 03:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5974
tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert
hew... was just preparing to update my table with application.

my application is complete now.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4168
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
In regard to Tybros:

I chose Black Butterfly as she is also referred to as 'Desna's Shadow'. She believes the space between the stars is 'the worst kind of evil' and she had rule over the Void domain. I didn't want to leave Tybros' backstory too bloated with information, wanting to keep it a relatively light read. So he followed Black Butterfly in the hopes of learning more about his shadow powers and if there is a way to combat them should the mysterious force granting him said powers turn on him. Or full-on possess him so his possible allies know how to deal with him.

It's to gather knowledge and have a back-up plan in the worst-case scenario that he follows Black Butterfly.

Last edited by Tyeal; 09-24-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8166
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Name: Vincenzo Trask
Race: Human
Class(es): Fighter (roughrider) 2/druid 1/cavalier 4
Alignment: Neutral
Deity (incl. the times you pray): Pharasma, prays at the death of the moon/birth of the sun at dawn and the death of the sun/birth of the moon at dusk.
Description: (5-10 lines are sufficient)
Background: (8-10 lines are sufficient)
Example of your posting style: (5-10 lines are sufficient or just add the link to a good post in one of your games)

Last edited by MundayKnight; 09-26-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6244
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Caleb Wickery Application
right-aligned image

Race: Halfling

Class(es): Sorcerer Verdant Bloodline

Alignment: Goodish sometimes, most times his actions might seem somewhat chaotic.Neutral

Deity (incl. the times you pray): Obad-Hai; god of nature, freedom, hunting, and beasts. He doesn't pray as much as he curses the things that go against the natural order. But it may be a good time to start.

Description: (Note: Although Caleb is in fact a Sorcerer, he will come across as very druid like.) He looks like a rather wild creature at first glance. Caleb is short, very short even for a halfling. His build is stout, more like that of a dwarf than your average halfling. With his extra short stature this pudginess is even more exaggerated. Most of the time Caleb carries a wand or two tucked into his belt. He also wears earth-tone garments with bits of fur and bone adorning his hair and outerwear. On his forehead rests a simple copper band set with a pristine yellow gemstone.

Background: Caleb comes from a prolific halfling clan. He has more relations than he can shake a stick at. Many who were and are eccentrics much like himself. Caleb's own great uncle, twice removed, shared a similar gift according to his mum. She also informed him about rumors of dryad blood in the Wickery line though it was at least ten great grandad's ago. His mum is named Fili and she works at the old Whiteridge Castle.

Caleb's always spent more time away from the fortress out in the wilds. He's always felt at home out in nature and he will try and leave as small a 'footprint' as possible when or wherever he travels. Caleb's extensive time out in nature has skewed and shaped his view and use of the arcane. He's learned to draw his power and sustenance from the world around him. He's also developed a unique perspective on the subjects of life, death and the natural order. He'd had plenty of encounters with undead over the years and it had shaped his innate use of his magic. Caleb has learned to tap into the life source of plants as well as the powers of entropy. In Caleb's view there was little difference between the two at the most basic levels.

Caleb's main goal in life is to restore a modicum of life to these so called wastelands. He wants to either control or destroy these undead creatures that plague the wild lands. It is his earnest belief that even the most addled fool could see that this world was out of balance. Entropy was forming like a storm and building in strength, it was his responsibility to at least try and quell that storm. All of his personal experiences and gods gifted talent, his soul searching arcane epiphanies had been molded and shaped toward that end.

Example of your posting style:
Caleb's return to the old Fortress
The night sky was darker than normal, Caleb detests when he can't see the stars properly. Yes of course the ground could use the extra watering, and it is part of the natural cycle, but that didn't improve the halfling's demeanor one iota. First off, if you travel at night you generally needed the stars to guide you. Secondly, the storms made for some very unpleasant travel conditions. Thirdly it made little to no difference when so many dead were walking the lands like they were. He had to keep moving or he would surely die.

Concern for his and his mother's safety was foremost in the man's thoughts. That and sleep. He was tired and cold, and soaked to the bone. A loud grumble from his stomach reminded him how long it had been since he'd seen any daylight. He would need to He gains sustenance from photosynthesis. As per sustenance spell.actually eat something soon if there was no sunlight. What he wouldn't give for a warm mug of his mum's tea and a couple of her tasty biscuits.

Caleb had to put those kind of thoughts out of his mind. It was a distraction and now more than ever his life depended on his ability to stay focused. He had stumbled and fallen so many times he was cut and bruised from his head to his toes. It had been several days since he's dared to stop long enough to actually rest for more than an hour. He needed to sleep and restore balance to his own magical energies.

There was a burst of lightening that lit up the night sky and there in the distance was a silhouette of the old fortress. Just the sight of the place was enough to put a bit of pep back into his faltering steps. With his destination in sight he cast a spell to light his way the last half mile or so. It was one of the few abilities he had enough magical energy to sustain. Caleb stumbled the last few paces and landed with a heavy thud against the heavy wooden gate. "Hello the gate!"

A gruff voice called back moments later; "Who goes there? Waddaye' want at this ungodly hour?"

"Caleb Wickery here! A weary traveler seeks shelter from the storm. My sweet little mum Fili lives and works in the mess here. And more than that I bring word of an undead uprising in the wastes." It took nearly all of the man's strength to shout over the sounds of the storm. When at last the gate was opened, little Caleb was leaning so hard against the door he fell through the opening as soon as it was wide enough for him and his gear. He landed in a heap and was drifting in and out of consciousness as they carried his small body inside out of the weather. He kept mumbling in a whisper as he was carried. "Everywhere... They're everywhere... everywhere..."

Last edited by ricktur63; 09-30-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
If you get a few minutes, I'd love some feedback on how we could tie him into the story better.

I'm thinking his mum could work at the castle in the kitchens? This way he would be known around the castle but not exactly a resident.

Thanks!

Rick

Last edited by ricktur63; 09-27-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:13 PM
Evil inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktur63 View Post
If you get a few minutes, I'd love some feedback on how we could tie him into the story better.

I'm thinking his mum could work at the castle in the kitchens? This way he would be known around the castle but not exactly a resident.
I think your description fits better to a kind of lonely ranger who returns - in the late evening *rain & storm outside* - nearly killed and beaten up by the undead at the castle to deliver the bad news with an over-dramatic, semi-hysteric "They are everywhere! EVERYWHERE! *loud thunder* Or so.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:02 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
I like it! I will work on that either tonight or perhaps tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5972
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Halfling Champion of Iomedae
left-aligned image
Name: Mara
Race: Halfling
Class: Paladin (Undead Scourge)
Alignment: Lawful Good

Diety and Time of Prayer: Like so many other halfling paladins, Mara pledged fealty of the church of Iomedae. The Lady of Valor represents justice, which small folk embrace, in response to historic oppression by tallies. An early riser, Mara prays at dawn, when Iomedae bestows divine power upon our small holy warrior for the crusade of the day.

Description: A three-foot tall holy warrior, with a penchant for divine magic.

Clad in a magical breastplate, Mara wields Bral Blade, the magical greatsword of her forefathers. Black hair, long and straight, braided into a ponytail - like other half-sized champions have worn, before her.

right-aligned image
Her warpony, Majestica, appears at her side...summoned forth, to aid the halfling paladin in her charge against undead evil!

left-aligned image
Background: Hailing from the halfling city-state Alathendale, Mara pledges fealty to the goddess Iomedae. She is the latest in a short line of halflings, going back three generations, deemed a champion of the faith. Having grown up all three of her feet in the temple, Mara practiced wearing half-sized armor as but a wee child. Her parents, clerics in Iomedae's service, trained the youngster in divine magic, readying their child from a young age, in service to her diety.

Understanding how denizens from the wasteland threaten halfling lands, the Alathendalian clergy have dispatched their holy champion to come forth. Mara understands that other Iomedaean knights may gather in the fight as well, and she looks forward to representing the Lady of Valor's halfling flock.

And so, the latest tale in Mara's heralded story begins.

Link to Game PostHere's a recent one, of which I'm particularly proud. Adrik Axenbeard, a dwarf that has established himself Castellan of an ancient castle, at the edge of North Sword Coast coming under Orcus' domination; good times lol. He has a trinket, a (seemingly) lump of coal, that he believes is a valuable gemstone. A case of people seeing what they want to see, etc.

LdyZamara is also a part of this game, and provides us with unbelievably good posts; would be remiss to not give a shout-out thereto! All that said...here's the post.

Cheers, and good luck to all our fine applicants!

Last edited by Geldar; 09-29-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:16 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
I suppose today is the day! Good luck to everyone....
Old 09-30-2017, 12:43 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4471
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Best of luck to you all, I await to see everyone slaying undead in the near future.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Evil inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
Hello all, due to a children birthday party, I couldn't finish my decision. There are so many great applications that this is quite difficult. Please be patient for one day. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:28 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 499
Keylus Keylus Keylus Keylus Keylus
Good luck all!
Old 09-30-2017, 06:17 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8166
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Wasn't able to put my app up due to horrible case of writers block but congrats and good luck to all who get in!
Old 09-30-2017, 07:29 PM
Geek Chic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 464
CalmInChaos CalmInChaos CalmInChaos CalmInChaos CalmInChaos
Meh, children's birthday parties...you know they grow up too fast. Just tell them,"Do you think if I just hoped and wished really, really hard, this might actually work?Nope, you're going to be seven a little while longer."