RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 10-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5974
tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert tilbert
Good Luck to everyone
Old 10-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4832
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
First of all, I want to thank everyone for his/her contribution and the invested time.

Second, I decided about the apps. Like always, it was very hard and there are far more good apps than player I can deal with and care about each char.
I thought a lot of about each application, about the player, ...pro, cons of the concept ... if the concept was tailor-made to my adventure or an copy-paste-version of another application...
The result was still the same: many very good applications, few places in the game. At least, I've decided that I use the full maximum of 7 players.

All players will be informed by PM. For everyone else, I thank you all and wish you all the best!
Old 10-01-2017, 02:06 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56093
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmInChaos View Post
Meh, children's birthday parties...you know they grow up too fast. Just tell them,"Do you think if I just hoped and wished really, really hard, this might actually work?Nope, you're going to be seven a little while longer."
Perhaps if you start them on coffee and cigars at age 5 or so, they'll stay young longer.

or at least, shorter/stunted for longer. What do I know, I don't have kids. Probably a good thing, eh?
Old 10-02-2017, 07:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3175
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Best of luck to all who were accepted. Sounds like you will need it
Old 03-30-2019, 05:04 PM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Reinforcement needed!

Game NameThe tomb of Xhancar Ckancil

Game systemPathfinder

ThemeGood heroes fight the undead evil

FlavourDark fantasy with horror elements

Plot SummaryA millennium ago, the forces of the great necromancer Xhancer Ckancil was defeat by a joint army of humans, elves and angels. The battles lasted for weeks and both sides suffered heavy losses. Xhancar Ckancil and most of his undead followers were slain, their corpses destroyed and the remains buried in a vast unground tomb. The tomb was sealed with divine magic and for some centuries, it was even guarded by an holy order of Torag.
But the war had devastated the country and left back nothing more than poisoned soil and burnt nature. Some peasants tried to settle in the wastelands again and rebuilt the ruins, but all failed and most of them died. Supporting the guards of the tomb became more and more difficult each year and after centuries without any incident, the troops were withdrawn.

In the meantime, more centuries have passed and the legends of the war have been long forgotten. The wasteland is still a burnt land with a poisoned nature. A land avoided even by the orcs and the goblins. A land where desperate adventures seek for wealth and fortune and never return.

But now, within the last months, the contact to the few villages and guard towers along the border has been lost.

A brief description of the gameHalf a mile away from the rotten river of Norgrar, Sergeant Cellac Gladstane looked through a small arrow slit into the darkness outside. It was late afternoon, but the black clouds already covered all sunlight and the land around and below seemed to be even darker than the wasteland on the other shore. Something was moving between trees, but he could say what and how of them were there.
He walked slowly through the small corridor of the guard tower. In the faint light of a single oil lamp, three dozen peasants cowered frighten on the floor. Men, women and children. So many children. A baby cried and the mother tried to calm it quickly as if the sound would lure the evil outside. He touched the symbol of Erastil and and faces of his wife and his sons appeared in his mind's eye. He would never see them again. A voice interrupted his thoughts. "Yes, private?" he turned around to the young man. "Sergeant, the reinforcement does not come anymore, do they?" The eyes of the private begged for contradiction. "No private. They will not come." Sergeant Gladstane had no clue that the reinforcement was already close. And that they would meet them soon. But different than expected. Very different. The private nodded sadly. The baby cried again. Gladstane fled upwards the small staircase to the top of the tower.
Corporal Milley was awaiting him with two other soldiers. The three men looked with tired, blood-shot eyes to their superior.
"Glad, they will attack. Soon. Maybe two or three hour or so. When the moon is rising."
"I know, Milley. And we have a job to do before." Sergeant Galdstane was not able to look to his friends. He leaned with his hands on the walls and tried to spot a miracle somewhere in the darkness. He took a deep breath. "Corporal, take five men and go down to the civilians... Kill them. Kill them all. Start with the men. Then the women. Then the children. Behead all dead. They must not become food or whatever for them."
Gladstane stared still into the darkness. No sign of a miracle. Just darkness and strange sounds from them. He could hear the other soldiers breathing. He waited for them to say something. An idea how to avoid this. Any idea.
"Yes. Sir."
The soldiers left slowly without looking at each other or at Gladstane. The following silence was unbearable. But the screaming was worse. The screams of pain and fear. The desperation, the cries. Once again, Gladstane fled on the small walkway around the top of the tower. The cold wind blew away the dreadful screams and noises from the lower floors. Gladstane clung to a wooden beam and whispered a prayer to Erastil. They were as good as undead. And he knew it.

CharactersWhat kind of characters I'm are looking for?
  • I favour role-play over roll-play, e.g. I aim at a combat-to-roleplay-ratio of 30:70. Thus, I like the game being fast and simple without extra-rules and special-extra-rules, focusing on the plot and the roleplay, not on rule-playing.

• The characters will enter the wastelands to find the tomb of Xhancar Ckancil and to find out, what has happened there - and stop it! You will meet many people and things - good, evil, neutral, alive, undead and have different kind of adventures, quests and encounters. Please make steady and flexible characters, no one-trick-ponies and chars with 16-20-18-8-8-10 or so. I’ll support you in-game with suitable items and several extras.

• There won’t be XPs, you’ll gain levels after finishing the quests. This makes it easier for me and rewards non-combat roleplay. If you need XPs for items or spells, then I’ll calculate your XPs.

• Gods and religions will take an important role in the game because I think they are often neglected – just thinks about all the good and bad things which were done in our world where we just believe in gods. In the world of Pathfinder, people know about their existence.
    Characters may pray together or alone to his/her/their god(s) by using knowledge religion. Middle results may give you temporary hitpoints or re-rolls, while good results give you bonuses or even a mysterious hint for the quest. This doesn't mean that you need to play a divine spellcaster! It's valid for all classes.

• Please make the background in a way that your character find himself in the dungeon under the ancient ruins of a formerly huge but now long forgotten fortress, which was destroyed centuries ago. The ruins are close to the border to the wastelands but still in the Kingdom Darakya. Old legends say, the chambers in the ruins are filled with gold. They forgot to mention, that the ruins are guarded by an undead dragon.
    About a day trip away, at Fir Hillside, there is a watchtower with royal guards. No-one knows their fate. Maybe they are still alive, maybe their are already undead.
    The soldiers are under the command of Sir Rhonar "Iron Fist" Browhun who lives in Whiteridge Castle, a half rotten fortified temple with a moth in a small and dirty hamlet called Whiteridge, about six day trips away.

• This is no fantasy-zombie-setting although you may encounter some zombies. Pathfinder offers so many kind of undeads, it would be a pity to fight only zombies.

How to create the character
  • we play with the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and the Advanced Players Guide, i.e. only races, classes, skills, feats , weapons, items etc. of these books.

• use the 20 point buy character system, no attribute above 16 without race benefits, no attribute below 8 without race handicap.

• You can swap one +2 Ability racial modifier to another unmodified ability of the same group (physical or mental).

• Traits: Max. 2 racial (incl. alternative race traits) and 2 additional traits

• start with level 8

• Hit points: as normal you get the maximum hit points for level 1. All other levels, you get at least half of the possible hit points e.g. if you throw with D10 = 3, you get 5 HP (plus bonus from CON if any).
    In addition, you get hit points at the amount of your total CON attribute (not the bonus!), at the end.

• 33,000 gold pieces, no item worth more than 17,500 gold pieces; items only from the books named above.

• at level 1, you gain 1 extra feat + for your char-creation, you get 15 extra skill points which you may spend as you like (I prefer if you split it on more than two skills).

• feel free to speak more than “standard common”, like Gnome, Goblin, Orc,...

• alignment: the adventures favors good characters in both items and divine benefits. Being neutral or evil is an disadvantages in the application.

• Paladins may have an alignment of both lawful-good and neutral-good. In these times, only the results are important.

• The group consists of one paladin, one oracle and one ranger as PCs.

What kind of players I'm looking for
  • 2 adult players. It's a dark fantasy game and will contain descriptions of horror, cruelties and violence.

• Beginners and experienced players are welcome.

• Please be able post about 2 to 3 times a week.

Application deadlineI hope to finish the application process at Sunday, April 14th.

Application requirements:
Name:
Race:
Class(es):
Deity (incl. the times you pray): you can choose a deity from the Core Rulebook or Advanced Players Guide or make your own basing on a deity these books by changing name, background, favored weapon and alignment. Don't change the domains.
Description: (5-10 lines are sufficient)
Background: (8-10 lines are sufficient)
Example of your posting style: (5-10 lines are sufficient or just add the link to a good post in one of your games)

Players who were not chosen the last time are encouraged to apply again! (Copy+paste of the application is allowed.)

Running list of important questions/answers/comments/additions:

Thanks for your interest and for reading! Please post questions, comments, concerns, and applications here (no dice rolling yet, please).

Last edited by LeDragon; 04-02-2019 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:11 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Sellus
Posting interest. Will have something in the next few days.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2219
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus

Name:
Balmung 'Sword of light'
Race:
Chain Fighter, Acute DarkvisionHalf-orc
Class(es):
Crossblooded: Solar PhoenixSorcerer
Alignment:
Neutral Good
Deity:
Sarenrae; Dawn, and to a lesser extent dusk

Description:
Balmung stands at an impressive six foot ten which is on the taller side for his kind but he is not nearly as beefy, weighing in at only two hundred pounds which makes him thin and without the muscle definition of other half-orcs. His onyx black hair is very well kept and slicked back where he keeps it in a pony tail that hangs just below his shoulders. His bright orange eyes catch most people by surprise because of the stark contrast to his dark grey skin and the fact that they hold an inner light that promises forgiveness and compassion. Balmung has a few scars from previous battles but nothing overtly noteworthy. He wears bright reds, oranges, and whites when he has a choice with stylized suns and holy symbols of Sarenrae embroidered into them.

Background: Balmung was raised by the church of Sarenrae after he was found with a slight glow around him during a stormy night and they took it as a sign that he was blessed despite being a half-beast. His youth was filled with learning, text, holy and arcane once he showed signs of an arcane nature. His favorite thing to learn about was history and that's what he specialized in when he was grown. Balmung adopted a nomadic life, preaching and searching for relics of the past which is what lead him to the predicament he is in now. While exploring near the mountains Balmung found a very interesting set of glyphs from an age long gone. He set up a small camp and had been studying the glyphs and other relics such as broken pottery and even bones. He had discovered a small village that was seemingly forgotten for some reason and he wanted to know why but while studying some runes on a half collapsed wall the ground fell out from under him and everything went dark.

Example of your posting style: 2 year old game that I've been in since the beginning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Balmung.png
Views:	96
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	79614  

Last edited by Rylus; 04-01-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3308
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Highly intrigued by the bleak aspect of the game, I could do with some horror actually. I'll get to writing an application, probably a dwarf monk displaced before contact was lost. He'd come with a built in motivation to return and I'd greatly like any undead encounter if there's a chance of there being anyone afflicted my dude knows, has to be fun to roleplay such a shocked character. I'mma start some research into dwarfdom and treat ya'll to a fantastic characterCharacter fantasticness is not guaranteed and heavily based on oppinion, your own evaluations may vary*.

Important question, is there some place where we can see more background info to flesh out our characters and streamline our stories a bit?

If you think that's an insane plan, we don't hang out enough.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 04-01-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Name: Troggun Strumholt
Race: Dwarf (+2 Con to Dex) Thinking of narrating it as a half-dwarf, but I'm not sure if dwarves and humans can interbreed and I can't really look it up
Class(es): Monk
Alignment: LG
Deity (incl. the times you pray): Grundinnar (and to a lesser extent Torag) The dwarf will pray to Grundinnar twice a day at least, once at waking up and once at going to sleep though he'll pray to Grundinnar as well after any hardship like combat, or before making tough choices to guide him. He's likely to thank grundinnar for anything going exceptionally well. He used to worship Torag before he left the village of his birth and still does so, though mostly because out of habit, his true loyalty lies with Grundinnar.
Description: Rather tall for a dwarf, but still too short and stocky to be taken for a human Troggun often jokes that he's a half-dwarf the same way there exist half-elves and half-orcs. Despite this common joke he still ticks in much the same way as one would expect a dwarf to function. He'll often talk about honour, which he describes as taking care of the weak, respecting elders, family and friends, working diligently, and stopping cruelty where it exists. He quite likely to share tales of glory over tankards of ale. He's quite a quick talker, sharing details of his life no one's asked for and breaking stigma whereever possible.

The "half-dwarf" still grooms himself like a dwarf, taking great care of his blonde beard which is commonly braided and sporting bronze bands. His hair has grown long, and the dwarf chooses mostly to keep it bundled together one to three braids. Below his hair and two thick eyebrows lie two deep-set and steely eyes like pewter. Between them sits a squat and bolbous nose, hovering over a pair of thick lips which largely go obscured by his thick beard. Troggun's powerfully built frame goes clothed in a dark brown hooded cloak, with holes for the eyes, held together sometimes by a pair of bronze clasps, though most often simply left open. For clothing the man prefers earthy tones of brown, beige and similar.

Background: Troggun was born in a village near the firr hillside, and from a young age he knew he would be expected to smith steel for the guards of the wasteland. His apprenticeship was dull, forging weapons and armour seemed like a glorious task, but he was left only to do the menial brute force jobs rather than any actual metal shaping. He grew tired of nails and in time even swords over time, wanting to do more than make them. His master, a man named Dunmol, did little to help with his incessant singing: songs of war, tales of glory, legends, etc. Eventually the dwarf just had to cease his destiny and join the wardens of the wasteland. He tried out, but in the practice yard he was soon defeated. This grew into a ritual, he'd try out every few months and return bruised and dissapointed. Over the years he grew frustrated with his life, his inadequacy and even his smithing. The boy resolved to making his own swords and armour. Working more hours in the workshop than even his master until he was finished and left.

The city of Illecester was where he ended up. He got his money from selling some of his labours and using the money to find a trainer. The man was a total cheat. He'd praise Troggun on his acchievements where there were none, and required ever more payment. Eventually he sold his armour, but his trainer's greed wasn't sated. He sold his swords last and was left empty handed roaming the streets. It was this point where the Troggun met Tio Shao, who offered him a place at his monestary. And so he wet, and worked their land, understanding that this was what he earned for leaving his home and work. When Tio asked why he was so unhappy he told him the whole tale. The next day started early, and hard, he was set on a rough training regime from that day. After months he noticed the evolution.

In the last month of his training he forged his weapon and returned home ready to try out one last time to join the wardens of the wasteland. When he returned home however he found it abandoned.

Example of your posting style: My last post, though feel free to browse the game for more posts of mine to get a good feeling for an average.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 04-06-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:14 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
Important question, is there some place where we can see more background info to flesh out our characters and streamline our stories a bit?
There is no much more background than written down. But if you like, feel free to use the following map for your background:

Some hints for your motivation/background:
  • The Wastelands are completely abandoned. Even the guards from the tomb of Xhancar Ckancil were withdrawn centuries ago.
  • Kingdom Darakya: the realm is lead by King Harum VII, a chaotic-neutral despot, who cares much more about his wars in the South than about some lost villages at the border to the wastelands. Till now, neither he nor any of his nobles have played a role in the story.
  • Whiteridge: a small and dirty hamlet of with about one hundred inhabitants close to the border to the wasteland. Centuries ago, the hamlet was established around a moth which was guarding an old trade route. Unfortunately, few people travel this road today, and thus, the inhabitants are mainly poor peasants who live in simple huts of dried clay and wood. The only bigger buildings are the castle with the temple of Torag and an old inn, the "Golden Goose".
  • Whiteridge Castle: The castle is more a fortified temple than a small castle. The temple of Torag with the hall of prayers, the guests' rooms and the servants house includes most of the castle. The guard rooms, the stables and the watch tower belong only to the castle.
  • Sir Rhonar "Iron Fist" Browhun: the commander of the castle is an old human high priest who has been serving the order of Torag for many decades. In Whiteridge Castle, he spends his retirement.
  • The guard tower of Foxhill Meadow and the village adjacent were destroyed in the meantime, the guards are dead or fled. The players were the only survivors.
  • The ruins, where your characterss will meet the others, are close to the windmill between Foxhill Meadow and Fir Hillside.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
I see that the current applications are finished. I'll wait till this Sunday (April 7th) and then, I decide.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2540
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
Name: Elias Shadowborn
Race: Human
Classes: Ranger 6/Paladin2
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Iomadae. Prays at Dawn
Description: Elias' deep green eyes and sandy hair are not the first thing people notice. It is his smile. A sly, quirky smile of one who has found an infinite joy in life. The same smile can be eerily disheartening when it grows into an almost feral snarl when he wades into battle. Elias is a powerful 6' 180 lbs, with the kind of athletic build that one would expect of one of a celestial bloodline. He prefers simple clothes and leathers, that do not slow him in the wilds. He keeps his equipment in the best condition possible, knowing that it is his gear that can save or kill him in the wilds.

Background: Elias has a knack for getting himself into trouble. Standing up to those twice his size, challenging those who exploited others, or taking on foes most would flee if encountered alone, he always seems to be able to persevere through. Chalk it up to good luck with a significant helping of skill and determination.

The reality of the situation is likely somewhat simpler, though by no means less messy. Elias finds out what needs to be done and then does it by whatever means necessary. He has taken his share of bad hits and been left for dead a few times. But he always manages to fight his way back from the edge and take on the next challenge. Fiercly loyal to his friends and vicious towards his enemies, Elias has no illusions about what the future holds for him. A long string of desperate causes with increasingly insurmountable odds for him to barely scrape by, leading to the inevitable day when his luck runs out.

He faces his own mortality with stoicism that makes even the stout-hearted Dwarves look on in wonder. Perhaps because he has already faced his own demise so many times over.

Elias grew up among good people in the village of Shadowfall through his early years, learning to hunt and survive in the wilds. When the group of hunters he was learning from returned on one fateful day, they found their otherwise peaceful village, sacked and burned to the ground. The violated bodies of their loved ones lay strewn about the area, none had escaped the massacre. The tracks were clear, even to Elias' untrained eyes. Orcs, a lot of them.

The hunters took enough time to bury the dead and then set out after the raiders that had destroyed their home. Elias had helped his older brother Kaius bury their parents, three sisters and younger brother. They travelled light, carrying only their weapons and a few provisions. On they ran, for 4 days and nights without rest, before they sighted their quarry. The rested atop a small hill and ate a final meal together in silence. The eldest of the group were the only ones who spoke. Their orders were simple, strike hard and fast and then disappear into the woods. With the 20 hunters moving independently, they would be nearly impossible to track.

For 5 days they pestered and harassed the orcish horde that numbered well over 500. They fought small skirmishes and made single strikes that created mass confusion in the enemy ranks. When the last of the orcs fell, 8 hunters gathered from the woods. None knew the fate of any of the missing, but they all could guess. Kaius was not present at this meeting.

As they stood in the setting sun, surrounded by woods and fallen enemies, they agreed to scatter to the winds, to find new homes and new lives. With final nods of farewell and wishes of good luck, the last eight members of the village of Shadowfall, melted away into the woods. That was almost 30 years ago...

In the time since, Elias has made something of a name for himself as a wilderness tracker and guide taking on the surname Shadowborn.

Example of your posting style:
Sample post.Elias crested the small rise a few paces ahead of his fellows. The trail was easy enough to follow. Clear sign that their quarry either didn't care about pursuit, or are not intelligent enough to notice. Holding up a closed fist to signal his companions to hold, he slid back from the lip of the hip to the others.

The trail continues into the valley. They aren't masking their route. Which worries me. He looks around to the others. They are tired. Three days of force march will do that to the best conditioned soldier. But these are not soldiers. Capable enough to be sure, but not forged in the fires of war.

A low growl off to the side alerts him to the arrival of another figure. Their favorite thief arriving from the rear-guard. That's where I prefer him. Elias thought as far from me as possible. Another growl from the great wolf sounds almost a chuckle of understanding. Hush you. He chastises the beast.

Last edited by KevinFipps; 04-07-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:35 AM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
But I wasn't finished yet! Well, now I am... Okay then.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFipps View Post
Name: Elias Shadowborn
Race: Aasimar
Aasimar is not part of the core rules books, is it?
Old 04-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2540
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDragon View Post
Aasimar is not part of the core rules books, is it?
My bad. I saw Advanced Players and read Advanced Races.

He works just as well as a Human