twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-13-2019, 11:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 153
Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posting interest for season 5. Will have a character up this weekend.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 153
Silent Rain Silent Rain
Mialee Nailo
right-aligned image
Name: Mialee Nailo
Race: Elf
Class: Warlock
Season: 5

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: The Emerald Enclave

Trait: I am haunted by memories of the glade fire. I will never get those images of violence out of my head.
Ideal: In life, as in war, the strongest survive. I have learned that lesson the hard way and have vowed never to be the weaker again.
Bond: Titania has given me a renewed purpose. While I still draw breath, I will defend those that cannot defend themselves
Flaw: I have no respect for laws of men, only what I deem right

Description/Personality: Mialee stands over five feet tall and is lithe and fair-skinned. Her blonde hair flows just below her shoulders and is usually laced with vines and flowers. She carries a curved sword on her back, but not much more in the way of provisions, hunting or foraging as the need arrives. She is pretty by human standards with violet eyes and an easy smile, but her mood can quickly swing to anger if provoked.

History: Mailee had been training to be a ranger for over a decade. The forest she and her master protected was small by any standard, but it was her home and she loved every inch. A druid had also come to call the small forest his home and plants and animals there flourished under his care.

A band of orcs came into the forest one night. The ranger and druid knew of their coming long before they arrived, but there were many of them. Mialee's master bade that they be allowed to pass in peace, so long as they did not disturb the forest. Unfortunately, the orcs decided to set an outpost there and began cutting down trees almost immediately. The protectors of the forest along with a pack of wolves and numerous other animals set upon the orcs in the night.

The battle raged for over an hour, but in the end, the orc numbers won the battle. Mialee watched as her master was cut down and then she two was struck by an orc axe and the world became dark.

A woman appeared before her. She appeared to be an elf, but Mialee knew her to be a fey: Titania. The fey's presence was both terrifying and beautiful, but the elf knew her to be an ally. Titania offered to grant her the ability to protect the forest and those that would threaten its children in a way that she had never known, so long as she gave her life to her. Mialee agreed without hesitation.

She woke on a ridge overlooking the forest, or what was left of it. The orcs had burnt much of it to the ground. She set out from there to become the justice of the fey.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 04-13-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 76
Dreamer
Hey! Can I apply for season 5?
Old 04-15-2019, 12:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5704
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
I'm going to give Simandl and Dreamer a chance to apply to season 5 - it will mean starting with 6 players instead of 5, but that is doable
Old 04-15-2019, 12:42 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75
Simandl
Here's my bard application for Season 5. All set!

Would it be OK to swap the rapier starting item and proficiency that bards get with a scimitar? To give a bit more of that Bedine flavour.
Darab’at

Character name: Darab’at
Character Sheet: Click Here
Race: Half-elf (Male)
Class: Bard
Passive Wisdom (Perception): 13
Background Archetype: Entertainer (with a sprinkle of Far Wanderer flavor)
Faction: None (but is Harper-curious)
Alignment: NG

Personality Traits: I know a story relevant to almost every situation. I have a strong code of honor or sense of propriety that others don't understand.
Ideals: When I perform, I make the world better than it was. Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn.
Bonds: My music and song is my connection to the way of life and tribe I was forced to leave behind, I hope to see them again some day. It is also my connection to present and future, providing opportunity for new experience and knowledge.
Flaw: I am secretly convinced of the superiority of my own culture over this foreign land.

Description: A slender man with bronzed, sun-leathered skin stands before you. His brown eyes are alight and lively, expressing great interest in the details of his surrounding, but also warmly inviting contact and interaction. His fine features - including a narrow jaw, thin lips, and slightly peaked ears - are somewhat obscured by his wiry, black beard and the patterned scarf wrapped casually, but deliberately, around his head. While not particularly muscular, he stands with a confident posture and moves with ease and grace. Under a colored and patterned robe of light fabric he wears a set of weathered, leather armors. Slung over his shoulder via a leather strap is a simple frame drum, consisting of a wooden hoop about a cubit in diameter with a mottled animal skin forming the head on one side, and the having a crossbar of wood for a grip on the other. A simple flute carved from a small, curved goat horn hangs from his neck by a loop of twine. He speaks with a strong Bedine accent and the timbre of his voice, whether spoken or sung, is a rich and buttery-smooth baritone that seems to originate from deep within his chest.

Personality:

Origin Story/History:

Last edited by Simandl; 04-17-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:00 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 76
Dreamer
Ok, all done and ready to go, I think!
---------------------------

Season 5 - Brook

Character name: Babbling Brook "Brook"
Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=80191
Race : Kenku
Class: Druid

Passive Wisdom (Perception) 12
Background: Outlander
The faction your character is part of (if any): none
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

2 Personality Traits
- I'm always picking things up, fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.
- Far more comfortable around animals than people.
Ideal: Life is like the seasons, in constant change and we must change with it.
Bond: I am loyal those who teach me things.
Flaw: I have no sense of sarcasm, and take directions literally.

Appearance: This is a rather small, lean figure, even despite the bulk of being covered in black feathers with an iridescent hue over her full body. Eyes are dark like beads positioned on either side of a blunt, straight, grey beak. The bird-creature stands bi-pedal, and rather than having a full set of wings, her feathers end at the elbow leading into taloned, spindly fingers. Her dress is simple leather armor, with a hooded cape of moss color. For all intents and purposes, she appears as a somewhat small, standing at just over five feet, humanoid corvid.

Personality: Brook can be skittish, not trusting of most humanoids, although the smaller races are more palatable than larger ones. When someone towers over her in size or mass her instinct is to feel threatened. However, she is curious and does not like being alone and so she is always looking for a master or group to follow for instruction. When there are no humanoids to follow, she has learned from animals and beasts and will emulate their survival tactics. Her body posture if often fidgety, looking around, not standing still, or playing with the little collection of stones that she keeps in her pockets. She has an affinity towards new or eye-catching objects; shiny things or notable objects that stand out from their surroundings will tend to attract her curiosity. Her interest is in learning about these things, not in keeping them however; she enjoys the hunt more than the prize.

History: Born into a small flock, Brook and her family were travelers, never staying put in one place as they ran tasks, often in the form of being message deliverers between shady factions. On one of these occasions, traveling through a thick wood, she slipped down a ravine, injuring a leg. Unable to climb back to the others, and the flock unable to cleverly figure out a way of rescue, she was left behind.

Her injury kept her from going too far, and so she found a place near a stream where she could at least find water and began to watch other creatures and how they gathered and foraged for food, copying their tactics. After several days on her own, she was found by a Halfling woman, a hermit who had a cabin not far from there. The Halfling healed the bird's injury, and then tried to shoo the intruder away, however the Kenku kept following. Eventually, the Halfling got used to her presence, especially since the bird didn't speak and only emulated the noises of the forest, her favorite seeming to be the noise of the stream, to which she was named after, becoming Babbling Brook.

The woman taught Brook many secrets of the forest and about nature's magic. She was taught that they were not just the protectors of nature, but part of it. While the Halfling woman always stayed behind, she would send Brook on tasks, sometimes these would be selling wares, or purchasing supplies or just to wander near the town to listen for gossip or news that could be reported back. After returning from one of these trips however, Brook found her master dead in her home, slain by invaders, the small already ramshackle hut where they lived torn asunder, looted of any meager goods it had contained.

Rather than remain and be alone, she strayed from the forest, becoming the extension of her home and nature by way of her voice.

Last edited by Dreamer; 04-15-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Say what now?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3513
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Not an app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
[...]can anyone tell me how to do that? Sorry, newbie! Thanks!
No need to apologize, we've all been newbies at one point or another. I shot you a PM with some info that I hope helps

For any of our other wonderful new folk to rpgx, if you've introduced yourself in the new member board there is a chance I posted a reference list on that thread. Be sure to save those threads as they are incredibly helpful.

For all coding info you can refer to the Wandering Bard for tips on how to format. Please note: It does take some playing around to get use to so please dont be discouraged.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:43 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 336
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Welcome to all the brave Season 5 newcomers. While I sort of miss the "Alcoholics Anonymous with an annoyingly positive group leader" vibe we started with, the party should be more well rounded and interesting this way. Let's get em!
Old 04-17-2019, 11:00 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75
Simandl
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
Welcome to all the brave Season 5 newcomers. While I sort of miss the "Alcoholics Anonymous with an annoyingly positive group leader" vibe we started with, the party should be more well rounded and interesting this way. Let's get em!
A interesting crew for sure!

Haha, a fun not-too-serious campaign idea would be a bunch of barbarians doing a pub crawl down the Sword Coast. One mug of ale (at least) a every inn and tavern passed on the way.