RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-10-2019, 12:16 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2175
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by creed View Post
Posting interest. Depending on the pace of posting and how heavy the RP is, it might be a good fit.
About once a week, and it's more RP then fighting. About 1 -3 paragraphs per post.

Last edited by TheDragonQueen; 02-10-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Meet thy maker, sinner!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5806
creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonQueen View Post
About once a week, and it's more RP then fighting. About 1 -3 paragraphs per post.
Might be a challenge to make my posts that small
Old 02-10-2019, 12:39 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Quote:
Longer isn't bad, just minimum is 1 - 3
Old 02-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14169
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Brevity is the soul of wit Creed

Anyone who's on the fence about this needs to pull the trigger and go for it!

I was in the beta version of this game and had a lot of fun until I failed a saving throw against life and had to duck out.

Everyone selected for this game is in for a wild ride
Old 02-10-2019, 01:26 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Imveros You're still welcome to join if you want.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:03 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2292
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
Posting the interest. What magics might be available for the wizard's apprentice? How advanced might the campaign go beyond the initial establishment of the village? Thanks.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2219
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Application

Name: Kora Felliron
Race: Elf
Job/Background: Druid's apprentice
Personality: Kora is a cheerful person, trying to always see the bright side of everything. Her mood never seems to darken even during what seems like horrid circumstances. She has kind words for everyone and sees everything that happens as fate or twists there of.

Flaws: She is a little to trusting, being as young as she is most people think its just inexperience and they would be right.

Fears: Losing touch with nature, more specifically the moon, and becoming something unknown.

Background: Kora was born in a small village that was not prosperous as some other villages
due to the fact that the closest trade route was miles away and so no one had
any reason to come to the village of Augth. Her parents had moved to Augth to
find a fresh start and raise there daughter away from what they called the evils
of city life. Her father a priest of the god of nature became a farmer and the
leader of the villages faithful. Her mother, a priest of the god of magic in the city
became a shop keep and although money was never in abundance her skill with magic
made sure her family and the other villagers never went hungry. When Kora was born her childhood
was that of a typical country child, she learned to live off the land and her knowledge
of her natural surroundings were amazing.

When she turned fourteen her parents began to teach her the arts the gods had granted to them.
She not only grasped the practical knowledge required but excelled in casting even spells that
should have been to complex for her young untrained mind. But the gods are cruel and in exchange
for the prodigal abilities her street smarts were nearly none existent. She was a very naive girl
and trusting as she had lived with good people her entire life and knew nothing of evil...
but she would learn.

The night of her seventeenth birthday she was out alone in the forest near a pool in a clearing
dancing as she always did on her birthdays. The spot glimmered in the moonlight and always made
her feel safe and secure but this night halfway through her dance she noticed an unusual flicker
of red light on the pool. The smell of smoke perfumed the air along with a sickening scent she had
never smelled. it frightened her and she ran home, unerring and barefoot she moved through the
night with the smells getting stronger. When she broke through the tree line to her village a
horrible sight assailed her.

Her village was burning, no screams echoed through the crackling of the fires and she knew in her
heart that no one had survived. She walked through the streets, her feet being burned by the coals
and embers produced by the flames, and saw that everyone had been killed. When she was about to
throw herself into the flames that engulfed her own house something stopped her... the sound of
someone sobbing.

Following the sound she found its source in the town center, there surrounded by bodies skewered
on spears and hung in a gruesome display in the very center of the village was a massive man on
his knees sobbing into blood soaked hands. She watched, knowing that this was the being behind the
murders, and heard him curse the gods for his affliction....his rage. She walked to him and placed
a hand on his muscular shoulder "The gods have not forsaken you..." she said as he spun and stood,
towering over her by at least three feet, his eyes blood shot and tears rolling down his face.
Without thinking she reached up and placed a hand on his cheek "They have sent you to me to help."

She could feel the white hot rage within him begin to rise. "Follow me." she stated and then without
looking back she ran back to the pool. She knew he was following her because she could hear the large
man crashing through the brush and breaking the small trees that tried to bar his path. She keeled
near the pools edge with her back to the man as he busted through the last of the foliage into the
clearing. She could hear his heavy foot steps stalking towards her and she began to whisper a prayer,
A soft blue glow began to shine on the pool and then gather on her hands and just as the man reached
her she stood and spinning around placing one hand on his heart and the other on his cheek. The man
was holding a large axe ready to cleave Kora in twain and his eyes had turned black but when she
touched him the blue energy entered his body and mind calming him, the color came back to his eyes
and he dropped the axe which made a heavy thud as its blade sank a few inches into the ground.

As moments passed the man fell to his knees allowing Kora better access to his face "Thank you." he
uttered as he looked upon Kora's smiling tear filled eyes. The sun rose before the energy completely
left Kora's hands. She doesn't know why she saved the butcher who killed her family but he pledged
himself to her from that point on and has served as her bodyguard, best friend and over time Lover and husband.

What would you provide as a member of the town?: Natures bounty, help with farms, possibly help with hunting, light healthcare and spiritual guidence
What would you want to see provided to the town?: Peace, security, growth

Spouse/Partner

Name: Bjorn Felliron
Race: Human
Job/Background: Mercenary/Guard
Personality: Quiet, brooding, always seems to be contemplating something.
Flaws: He is quick to anger, and if Kora is not around his anger quickly turns to rage and it comes to blows.
Fears: Losing himself and hurting Kora or worse.

RP SampleThe moon shined brightly on the small pond as Kora danced in the cool night breeze, Bjorn sat on the wagon sharpening his axe while watching. Kora's fluid movements suddenly stopped as a blast of wind kicked up and vanished just as suddenly, she turned to look at Bjorn who had stopped sharpening his axe and had it ready as soon as his wife had stopped dancing "Whats wrong, is something there?" his eyes trying to pierce the darkness but failing Kora smiled "No my love, i just had a thought." Bjorn sheathed his ax and joined his wife near the edge of the pond, his arms wrapping around her thin form as hers did the same to his large frame. "I think we should find a place to settle down and start a new life." the words his Bjorn like a brick smacking the side of his head. He had never thought about settling down, never thought of himself as settling down material especially to someone like Kora but the more he thought about it the more he liked the idea. If they settled down he would know where Kora was and could protect her better. "I think that's a good idea." he said as his lips pressed to hers in a moonlight illuminated kiss.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kora Felliron.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	79215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bjorn Felliron.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	79216  

Last edited by Rylus; 02-18-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:27 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Gamer View Post
Posting the interest. What magics might be available for the wizard's apprentice? How advanced might the campaign go beyond the initial establishment of the village? Thanks.
You start with three cantrips you can cast, and a spellbook with 4 random level 1 spells. On your journies you may have found some spells (to be determined).

As for advanced, that depends on the type of people that are accepted, how far the group wants to go, etc. I was thinking Water Deep type town was end goal but you guys could come up with ways to add extra stuff if you want.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2292
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
Thank you. I have a keen interest in using (and developing) spells that can be used for more mundane tasks such as farming and building.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Get Stung

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1763
Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez
Posting interest for a temple acolyte. You mentioned a linked site in your post, but didn't actually link a site. Also, is there a write-up for building rules? Or a list of what gods are available, make my own, etc?

RL Wizard
Aspiring Grey Gear
Old 02-10-2019, 04:50 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Gamer View Post
Thank you. I have a keen interest in using (and developing) spells that can be used for more mundane tasks such as farming and building.
That could be fun, though as a wizard you may be less likely to do some farming ones, but the building ones could work. We would have to work out the semantics.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1808
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Well mine is done. Not sure what Player class I'll give him when that happens. I was thinking either Alchemist artificer (If UA is allowed) or a ranger. He has means for either one. Constructive feedback is always welcome.

Last edited by mjb; 02-10-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:44 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb View Post
Well mine is done. Not sure what Player class I'll give him when that happens. I was thinking either Alchemist artificer (If UA is allowed) or a ranger. He has means for either one. Constructive feedback is always welcome.

Last edited by TheDragonQueen; 02-10-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:17 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1808
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb

Last edited by mjb; 02-10-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:22 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics