RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 09:31 PM
The walking dad!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1472
ProfPaulBlemma ProfPaulBlemma ProfPaulBlemma ProfPaulBlemma ProfPaulBlemma ProfPaulBlemma ProfPaulBlemma ProfPaulBlemma ProfPaulBlemma ProfPaulBlemma
Almost done.

Only the roleplay sample now between me and "done".
Old 02-19-2019, 06:21 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2488
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
I have made my final decisions and will message you all to let you know the location of the chat:

mjb, OneDarkness, Drachenspirit, Rylus, ProfPaulBlemma, and Outmind, welcome to the team

PlayerRaceJobSpouse's RaceSpouse's Job 
mjbElfAlchemist ApprenticeHumanHunter/Trapper 
OneDarknessHumanGuild Artisan (Carpenter)HumanGuild Artisan (Woodcarver) 
DrachenspiritMinotaurBlacksmithMinotaurBaker 
RylusElfDruid's ApprenticeHumanMercenary/Guard 
ProfPaulBlemmaHumanEngineerHumanArtist/Judge 
OutmindDwarfMinerDwarfHerbalist 
Old 02-20-2019, 08:27 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2292
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
Sorry I missed the deadline on this one. I don't think I remember seeing it.

Oh well. Happy Gaming to all!
Old 03-30-2019, 05:21 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
We are making room for a replacement. Please let me know if you are still interested if you already put in an application, or file out an application. Will make a decision in 1 week from today.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1038
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Just saw this pop up. I'd be interested in a role if you need any substitutions. I'll get something written in the next day or two. Mind if we give the game thread a read too?
Old 03-30-2019, 11:19 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Go for it, look at the link in my signature
Old 03-31-2019, 08:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sent you a pm asking about classes and things.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:48 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 330
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Application StatusReady for consideration

Name: Milo Goodbarrel
right-aligned image

Race: Halfling

Job/Background: Farmer

Personality: Milo tries to remain positive, even when times are hard. He does his best to spread this positive attitude. It's not that he's in denial of the current nature of things... He simply doesn't see how things will ever get better if all anyone does is to get angry or sad.

Flaws: Sometimes his efforts to appear optimistic lead to him lying to friends and family about how he is really feeling. He doesn't want to share it but he often feels that he's carrying more weight than he can bear on his shoulders.

Fears: Aside from what he considers to be natural/reasonable fears (Orcs, Ogre's, Goliath's, or any other giant angry humanoids); Milo constantly worries that he won't be able to meet expectations and/or needs of others.

Background: Milo grew up in a rather upbeat Halfling village, near a human town that they often did business with. He can't quite remember when he started but he was always told that he began working the land the day he learned to walk. Although he always dreamed of exploring far away lands, he never actually believed that he would or could leave his home. However, as the land grew more and more barren, he was forced to move on. Milo knew that this was no place to raise a family and that if he and his young wife were going to make it than they would have to pack up and start over somewhere new.

What would you provide as a member of the town? Providing renewable food sources (crops, eggs, and occasional animals to the butcher).

What would you want to see provided to the town?: Some sort of social hall, a market, and basic defenses (walls and roaming guards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Spouse/Partner
Name: Bree Goodbarell
right-aligned image

Race: Gnome

Job/Background: Farmer/Healer (Animals and Humanoids)

Personality: Bree has a big heart. She's far more shy than her husband Milo but she is every bit as kind hearted. She has always been drawn to help others.

Flaws: Her compassion will not allow her to bring harm to others (people or animals) unless she is absolutely forced to.

Fears: Given that she's been forced to leave the home that she's always known (and assumed that she always would), basically everything has her nervous. Ironically, she is able to set all of that aside when she is helping to bring healing to something or someone. Although she has heard of others being able to "magically heal" others, she has always had to do things the "old fashioned way."

Last edited by Treble83; 04-03-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application - The Atterbury's
Bishop
left-aligned image

Name Bishop Atterbury
Race Human
Gender Male
Job/Background Tavern Owner / Brewer
Personality I'm well known for my work, and I want to make sure everyone appreciates it. I'm always taken aback when people haven't heard of me.
Flaws I'm never satisfied with what I have - I always want more.
Fears Bishop shares his wife's fear. His greatest fear is losing her, and he would give anything (and has) to make sure it doesn't happen.

Background
The son of a tavern owner, Bishop grew to fill his father's shoes, but Bishop has greater aspirations. As the sole owner of Atterbury's Alehouse after his father died, Bishop started experimenting with new recipes for his ale. He wasn't happy to continue serving the same slog that his father had to the same slogs that'd been drinking it for ages. He wanted to be known far and wide for his offerings. He wanted people to come to his tavern specifically for his brews, for his name.

Unfortunately, businesses typically don't fair well in the seas of change. The Alehouse's patronage wasn't fond of Bishop's new brews, so eventually the rough and tumble crowd that frequented the tavern found a new home. Fortunately for Bishop, change was good for him, twofold. His ales were good. Good enough that a higher class of customer heard the grumblings of the old guard, and curiosity being what it is, decided to try Atterbury's. Eventually, as the tide went out, a new tide soon returned. A new clientele started to frequent the tavern. They were quieter, or maybe that's the wrong word. While they were far less rowdy than the previous crowd, they couldn't tell enough people about Bishop's brews. Change was good for the Alehouse.

Twofold. Change was also good for Bishop. As word spread about his unique take on ale, new clientele came to his tavern. Instead of sailors and adventurers, they were nobles and scholars. One such scholar was no other than Bishop's future wife, Geillis. She had come in, nose buried in a book, ordered Bishop's recommendation, and quietly read. There had been mutual glances, over the pages of the book, and in a few weeks time, Geillis had tried the entire menu at Atterbury's. She was quite taken with the place, the ale, and the man, and he was also quite taken by the woman.

What would you provide as a member of the town? A communal hub. A reason for travelers to stop and stay awhile.
What would you want to see provided to the town? An Inn, to make the town a proper hub.

Geillis
right-aligned image

Name Geillis Atterbury
Race Elf
Gender Female
Job/Background Former Sage / Village Priestess / Seer
Personality I'm willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgement.
Flaws I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others.
Fears The vision of her own future coming true, nothing but darkness.

Background
Geillis was a scholar in a previous life, before they were forced to move. It was an uneventful life, pouring over page after page, book after book, but it was a life she loved. She was researching ancient religions of the lands when 'it' happened. There had been stories, accounts, of people researching religions and being contacted by demons, angels, devils, and gods. That wasn't her fate.

She was busy reading a particularly interesting account one day when leaving the library, nose in the binding of the pages when she stepped in front of a wagon barreling through to the village doctor. A local farmer's wife had been injured and the farmer was frantic. Geillis was first trampled by the horses, then the wagon. She was thought to be dead, or atleast dying. But after months of lying in bed, being tended to by Bishop and the nurse, she finally regained consciousness. As she came to, her first words were asking about the boy. Repeatedly and incessantly until she got her answer. Bishop was just as confused as the nurses, until Geillis asked about the farmer's boy, for the farmer's wife was pregnant. The wife died from her wounds, but the doctor was able to save the son. Geillis had no way of knowing any of this, except for the visions that her injuries had cursed her with.

She soon discovered that whomever she came into contact with, actual physical contact, she could see into their future. Her visions could be of tomorrow, or decades from now, she had no control over that, but nevertheless, they always came. Unfortunately, as she discovered her abilities, it wasn't long and others also learned of her curse. Soon, as her abilities became her curse, the other villagers considered her their curse.

What would you provide as a member of the town? Assurances of the future, and guidance into it.
What would you want to see provided to the town? A proper house for a doctor. A shelter for the downtrodden.

RP SampleYou can count on a gossiper to always gossip. Unfortunately, the same rumor mill that enabled the tavern to flourish years ago also brought it burning down around the couple. After Geillis' accident, the gossip surrounding her abilities quickly spread. At first, there was an influx in people visiting Atterbury, then people started leaving. Days had gone by without a single customer, and Bishop was at a loss of what to do. He knew that Geillis had an idea of what was happening, but he could see the pain on her face, and didn't have the heart to ask her.

It was the weekend, the second without customers. As they went to bed in the loft above their tavern, Bishop looked out the window to the street corner. Two men stood there, silhouetted by the moonlight. It was tough to see them, but he could see enough that they were two different men than the ones that were standing there the night before. Glancing to Geillis, his heart sank and his stomach knotted when he saw the pain and fear in her eyes. He knew that she knew, and she knew that he now understood their fate. "Shite," Bishop cursed under his breath. Geillis, more calm than he, simply replied as she pulled out bags she'd been stockpiling for this very occasion, "Where shall we go?" He looked at her then, the men outside disappearing from his mind momentarily. He took her in, he took in this moment. He loved that woman. She had changed alot since the accident, and while it scared others, it only made him love her more. He grabbed some things off his nightstand, and of course his book of recipes, ran around the bed and hugged her, "It doesn't matter. Let's go." It was then that he finally heard the yelling. Not the words, there was too much commotion to make out specific words at this point, but there were far more men outside than two now. They ran towards the back stairs that emptied into the back alleyways. These were less frequented by the upscale customers that had most recently visited the Alehouse, and as he followed her down the steps, he looked once more into their loft. The flames had caught fast and were licking the edges of the window he was just looking out of. A cringe, and a moment's hesitation was all he could afford at that point. Turning, he followed his wife into the alley, and they ran.

They ran away from death, and ran towards a new life.

Last edited by epelj1; 04-03-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Updated with an app. I'd be interested in a critique, even if the lovely couple isn't cut out for the new world.

Thanks!

Edit: The more I look over the game thread, the more excited i get. Just the sheer amount of information provided and tracked is crazy ambitious. It'll be an interesting game to watch, for sure.

Last edited by epelj1; 04-03-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:35 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics

Old 04-07-2019, 08:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 04-07-2019, 08:46 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Old 04-07-2019, 08:48 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 330
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83

Last edited by Treble83; 04-07-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: More accurate
Old 04-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by epelj1; 04-07-2019 at 11:11 PM.