Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Name: Dreenmo “Stretch” Hilltopple
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Background: The lone survivor of a terrible raid upon a caravan of traveling merchants. Dreenmo was raised since infancy among the gentle halfling communities north of the Solin Empire. Raised around such carefree and gentle people, Stretch lived a happy and adventurous childhood. Even as a youth he was used to being the biggest and strongest around, And so took it upon himself to protect his loved ones and his community. Upon reaching adulthood, and against his adoptive communities wishes, he went out to the human lands to the south to learn more about his people, and find word of his human roots.
Personality: Happy, fun loving, carefree, with a voracious appetite for food, drink, and adventure. Dreenmo has none of the prejudices or biases of his human brethren, identifying as a halfling himself, instead he finds the xenophobia and nationalism of his race very alarming and disconcerting. So much so he is dedicated to improving relations between the races, especially for halflings like himself.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:57 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 243
BlackDouglas BlackDouglas BlackDouglas
DaltonThere arn't even any pretty girls here....
Dalton leaned aimlessly against the side of a building, glowering unhappily around the village of Atterton.

Sir Travers was not a bad knight, he had reached near enough thirty seasons, so he had to be some kind of competent for sure, and he seemed a fair and diligent man. He was just a bit....boring. Which may go some way to explaining why he had not yet found a lady. The usual rumours abounded, but Dalton had squired under Sir Travers for most of his teen years, and he knew that the man certainly liked women, they just found him utterly uninteresting and lacking in any charm or charisma whatsoever.

Sir Travers' solution to this seemed to be going on endless quests around the Duchy, hoping to earn enough glory to attract a fine woman.

Dalton suspected, just quietly, that he probably had enough glory, if he could just learn to tell a tale and make his adventures sound a little less dull. No one really wanted to hear about riding for six days, sleeping on reeds and mud, to try and execute a criminal, then riding six days back. They want to hear about dashing escapes, perilous battles with evil, and daring rescues of maidens.

Another one of Dalton's quiet suspicions was that all the other knights and squires' adventures were just as dull as his, but over a few bottles of wine and some music, the six day trudge somehow turns into a dramatic wyvern chase through the unspoiled wild forests....

Dalton had some loyalty to Sir Travers, after all the knight had kept him alive and fed for his adult life, and taught him a great deal about a great many things, unfortunately, he had taught him very nearly nothing about fun, or girls, or even wine and feasting when it comes down to it. If a more thrilling opportunity presented itself, Dalton really rather thought he might very well take it.

Dalton is a squire in service to Sir Travers, a knight who has been sent from the Duchy to ensure the peace and security of Atterton. It turns out squiring is a bit less exciting than the tales he grew up on led him to believe, and at this point he would happily trade relative comfort and safety for the excitement of facing a minotaur, better yet if it gave him a cool scar.

Last edited by BlackDouglas; 02-27-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:39 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I encourage anyone still thinking they might have an interest in playing to speak up, at the end of the coming weekend we'll see what characters have been put forth (why not submit a few if there's a couple of ideas you have?) and work out what would make a good party, then hopefully we can get the game approved and finalise the character sheets and get playing
Old 03-03-2019, 12:40 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Looks like anyone who wants to apply has,

I daresay you would be in the right of things to make up character sheets for Tandid, Rashima, Dalornor and Dreenmo. I was rather hoping to have the game thread up by now, but it seems not the case.

Make a new post when you are happy with your sheets and PM any questions.

Hopefully we are a go soon, at this rate the locals of Atterton will solve their own problems and not even need any adventurers by the time you arrive!
Old 03-03-2019, 09:57 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 372
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
If the game thread doesn't go up soon, Tandid will have a tantrum!
Currently playing as: [tt=Tandid]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79511[/tt] | [tt=Vias]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79978[/tt] |[tt=Ogeaglial ]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79803[/tt]
Running: Prejudice's Desperation.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21809
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
I like the name of this campaign!
Old 03-03-2019, 12:13 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17367
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
I'll be putting in an app today.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:17 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30734
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Before sheets, we're gonna need some deets.

What level, allowed sources, etc? Forgive me if you put it somewhere and I missed it.

And most game ads take a while for people to wander in, read it, mull it over, put together a character idea, etc. Ads are generally up for a couple of weeks and not everyone posts interest before applying. (Also some people might've been waiting to see what level, etc, before speaking up.)
Old 03-03-2019, 12:26 PM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13873
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
I am interested as well. Am I reading it correctly that only Core and Base classes are allowed, so no Hybrid or Occult classes?

In the midst of moving back overseas, so some delays!
Old 03-03-2019, 01:01 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17367
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Ooh, I have a question as well. How do you feel about feat tax fixes and background skills?

We'll love you forever if you allow them
Old 03-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18091
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I may submit an app as a bard
Old 03-03-2019, 01:10 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30734
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
*waves at Blue and Eli*
Old 03-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDouglas View Post
Looks like anyone who wants to apply has,

I daresay you would be in the right of things to make up character sheets for Tandid, Rashima, Dalornor and Dreenmo. I was rather hoping to have the game thread up by now, but it seems not the case.
Since you canít roll for stats in a request thread you want standard array or point buy? Level 1?
Old 03-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
Valornor Valornor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjoegangles View Post
Since you canít roll for stats in a request thread you want standard array or point buy? Level 1?
Yes, do tell!!!
Old 03-04-2019, 04:01 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sudden flurry of interest....

We more or less have a party at this point, however I won't stop you if you want to submit a short character bio, there might be spots later on, or if we find a serious weakness with the party's abilities we might be after reinforcements!

In case I didn't put it up already, or if it got lost in the thread -

Level 1
Standard Array or 4d6 drop lowest.
Core rules, generally Advanced players guide is okay too but hit me up to confirm "thematic" suitability.

The good news is the game thread is live - so you can do your rolls there, and get to know each other.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17749

Last edited by BlackDouglas; 03-04-2019 at 04:27 AM.