twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 02:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; 03-23-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:51 PM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
Thanks for review, made changes to the background, just the last bit. Cheers.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Reviews are up for all who asked for them. Applications look great so far, by all means though feel free to expand and build upon them, I’ll make sure to do a final re-read by application deadline.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 372
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
I'm going to have to withdraw from this App, due to me realizing how busy my life is about to get, and lack of inspiration. Best of luck to everyone, and try not to TPK in the first encounter!
Old 03-25-2019, 12:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Not a problem, I know how life gets. I’ll update you in the status board.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1058
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Old 03-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 03-26-2019, 12:20 PM
An apple a day...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 719
Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood
Name: Mídheas Rukh
Race: Feral Half-orc
Class: Wild Rager Barbarian
Alignment: True Neutral
Appearance: A lean, rangy looking half-orc. His skin is olive, trending towards the greenish side of the hue, but this could probably be dismissed if it weren't for the craggy tusks jutting from his lower jaw. His hair, black and flowing, though he often keeps it in a tight braid that falls below his shoulders. In some lights he could even be considered handsome and desirable, yet the wariness and mistrust in his eyes seems to drive home the point that he does not want others in his life.

Personality: Survive. Survive. Survive. Mídheas has always been told that he deserves nothing, as such anything meaningful he has gained over his short life has been by his hands alone. With little to rely on save his own strength and wits Mídheas often found himself taking what he needed without asking. He respects those who respect him.

Perhaps his one guarantee is that for any who are stripped of power and meaning like himself he automatically feels a deep kinship for. As such, he cannot abide the thought of others being made to serve against their will.

Background:
Orc raids have always been a problem for freeholders. Everyone knows that they take place. Nobody likes it. And yet, due to the cockroach like tenacity of the greenskins nobody seems to be able to figure out a what to do about them.

The steely gray waves of winter bore the raiders inland. Striking in the early morn, well before even the most resolute fishmonger was awake. The burning boats and huts lit the sky with a tawny glow which brought the sleepy guard from nearby Rill. Too late to stop anything they could only help salvage the wreckage that was left.

Mídheas’ grandparents counted themselves lucky when none of the family were dead. Beaten, and certainly worse for the wear they went about the process of rebuilding their lives. It was not until their daughter’s belly began to swell and she took sick each morning that they realized the extent of their curse. Knowing the root cause they could only wait. Each day her bump growing larger, looming in all their minds, a stark reminder of fate. For after all, the fishermen knew hunger, and they knew that the sea did not take back that which it chose to give.

Would that his birth have been uneventful Mídheas might have had a relatively normal life. His grandparents were not unreasonable people, and they had promised they would love the child regardless of his origin for he was of their blood too. Squalling with the force of beast Mídheas tore his way into this world, ripping apart his mother. With no money for a cleric the family was forced to use their knowledge of herbs and pray to their god for salvation. Prayers must have fallen on deaf ears however, for his mother closed her eyes and sighed, never waking again.

Despised. Loathed. Even his name was a reflection of that, spoke in the Old Tongue. Yet still, they could not bring themselves to kill him for he was the last remaining vestige of their daughter. Instead he was put to work, all the loathsome tasks that come with a day’s catch. Gutting fish not much longer after he could hold a knife, Mídheas grew up a virtual slave, each day a reminder that he was never meant to be. Teased by the other children for his brutish looks, ignored by his family for the reminder of what had been, forced to haul nets and recaulk their boat. Mídheas grew to despise himself, unleashing his hatred when it would threaten to drown him. Like the choppy seas from which he was sired, Mídheas was unpredictable, uncontrollable, unloved.

When the Hunter came his grandparents sobbed and wailed. But Mídheas knew the truth, they were merely trying to drive his price up. In his heart though he was glad, knowing that this meant escape. He was unsurprised when they snatched the coinpurse from the Hunter, the decision was never in question, traded from one master to Another. As he packed what few items he had, Mídheas found himself the subject of something he had never before seen. A look akin to sadness crossed his grandmother’s face, and Mídheas found himself disconcerted. Still, escape was escape and he gladly followed the Hunter out the door.

”Southward. We Hunt.” A grim smile spread across his face, made fierce by the uplifting of his tusks. Mídheas Hunted.

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood; 03-27-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
No problem with feral background or wild Rager archetype.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:50 PM
An apple a day...

Tools
User Statistics
Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood Doctor Feelgood
Great! If you're okay with those, then I'm not planning on making any major changes to what I have. Feel free to mark me as complete/ready to be reviewed (unless you're wanting a mocked sheet as well?).
Old 03-26-2019, 04:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2077
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Name: Corellis the Grey
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer (Celestial)
Alignment: NG
Appearance: Below average height, thin with Straight blonde hair and a short, well-trimmed beard.
Personality: Concerned, Conscientious and Curious. Very interested in learning more about his background. Asks lots of questions.
Background: Corellis started life as any other child in the village. The rumors surrounding the events during the time of his conception, were just that...rumors. Until the visions began and his powers started to manifest. Since that time, he's been an outcast from family and peers but welcomed by the local temple. Some folks call him preacher, 'goody-two-shoes' until the dark powers come to call.

Corellis has debated leaving home many times but always came back after a few days. When not helping the needy in his small flock, he is out in the forest meditating, praying and seeking answers to the many questions surrounding the circumstances of his Celestial heritage. The rumors around town seem to be conflicting and his family is very tight lipped about the whole situation. Possibly afraid of what may happen if the 'secret' gets out.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome to the thread, just give me a ring when you are ready for a quick review/critique, just got to make sure all applications will fit in the game world. As I’ve told the others feel free to do a little world building, I like to leave plenty of open space in the sandbox for others to create, I’ll give you a note if it is going to conflict with a storyline, if it’s a really great story I’ll steal it without any shame.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 831
Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri
Posting interest
Old 03-27-2019, 06:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 03-27-2019, 11:53 PM
An apple a day...

Tools
User Statistics
Updated a bit to reflect your notes.