RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 03:26 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4600
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Life Within the Maw (Custom World Pirate Sandbox with Political and Town/Nation Build

Game SystemPathfinder
ThemePirate Sandbox with Political Intrigue and Town/Nation Building Dynamics
FlavourPirates and Trade, Roleplay and Political Heavy, Downtime, Custom (Work in Progress) World
Life Within The Maw
Table of Contents
-----1-----Introduction
-----2-----Applications and Characters
-----3-----Posting Requirements and Rules
-----4-----World Information
-----5-----FAQ and Applications
-1-Introduction
. Located within the Savage Isles, Krakenmaw is an independent port frequented by pirates, smugglers, and other villains of the sea. Located within an island cove where a Monstrous turtle like creature once beached itself to die, the majority of the port is located inside the dead creature’s giant shell while other homes and buildings have been built on the land surrounding it. This shell, along with natural reefs and dangers in the surrounding area, has made Krakenmaw a nearly impenetrable fortress for many generations. It even once fought off a dragon attack from Illondiaa, a nearby country ruled by the likes, years ago; the Dragon’s breathe not even singeing the old shell.

Being a Free Port, with no allegiances to any country, and given that it was first built by a pirate captain, many outlaws and pirates either call this place home or frequently visit it to resupply. The only law here is that handed out by the Cullin, a notable pirate who’s either taken the position from another or who was chosen as successor by the previous Cullin. Other then the decrees of the Cullin, of which there are very few, Krakenmaw does follow a code of its own; the Pirates Code, and woe be too he who breaks the code.

As notable residences of The Maw, your characters will be interacting with each other and NPC’s to (hopefully) create an epic narrative that revolves around all the plotting, pillaging, and skullduggery pirates are known for. Although players can and will form alliances with each other they should not feel as if this is required. Each player will have their own group to lead and will be given their own individual story that will sometimes cross with that of other players. You could be a pirate captain sailing the sea, a ruthless villain with a nefarious plan, a merchant looking to make it big, or even just a simple barmaid or sailor trying to survive. Whatever your choice, your character and the group they lead/follows will help to shape the overarching story that is the Maw.

left-aligned image
. I’m running this game for two reasons. First is because I’ve been designing a game world in my spare time and wanted to use it in at least one game on this site. The world is still a work in progress but I’ve found the more I play with it the more I’m motivated to fill out all the little details that will make it really come alive. Not to mention how the ideas players can have are just the sort of puzzle pieces I’ve been missing to flesh out the world. The second is because of an unfortunate pattern with the site. Although popular, faction based games utilizing downtime actions seem to putter out after an initial time period, sometime not even getting past a week once the players are decided on. Now there could be many reasons for this but I suspect this is mostly due to GM’s realizing just how much a monumental task they’ve taken on. Hopefully I won’t fall into this category, the amount of information posted here showing how much work I’m willing to put into this game. Another reason I believe is a general level of disorganization which, again, should be solved with all the rules I’ve posted for this game.

. So why pirates? Why the Maw? Well first, I like pirates. Ya, ninja’s could totally kick their a$$ and all that but I still like the romanticism of it all. Second, I started watching Black Flags and I got a little inspired. Finally, trying to run a faction campaign in a larger city (Which I already have in the way of Breenland’s Goldenrise (see World Information) has the problem of needing to fully outline the powerbases of the city and then try and fit the characters into it. Krakenmaw is not only a smaller city, making it much easier to build and manage, with enough wealth passing through it to make it interesting, it also is a blank slate that the player designed factions will fill. The only faction I’ll be designing is that of the Cullin, his support, and some basic amenities that the settlement would need. Everything else is going to be filled in by the players joining the game. This way if a player want’s some in depth background with one of the people living in the Maw, they can create it. Players can still be new arrivals who plan on shaking up the status quo but they won’t have to if they want a more integrated experience.

. Hopefully people will enjoy this game and the world it’s being placed in. Initially I’ll want no more then 6 player’s/factions at the start but if it seems like I’m able to handle the workload I’ll increase the player base later. Initial player choices will be made by April 13, 2019 with the forum being made available the same day. First Downtime will be due April 27, 2019 which will also act as the soft opening of the game with all necessary story/RP threads being open by May 4, 2019. The earlier you get your downtime in the earlier I can know what you need for roleplay and the earlier a thread will be created. Although character sheets do not need to be done by April 13, those who do finish the work first will be prioritized before others.

Will this all be a lot of work? He<k ya, but I’m willing to put it in if you are.

Finally, if you miss one of these dates don’t fret. As stated it’s very possible additional players will be added to the game as I find myself being able to handle more and as some players drop out (Hopefully not but it does happen). Feel free to post an app and you never know, your faction might be called up eventually.

Good Luck everyone and let’s have some fun.

-2 - Applications and Character
right-aligned image

. I am not providing you with a general application outline since I plan on using how you make such an application to help judge who will be included in the game. Organization, originality, detail and many other qualities will be looked at but I do have some restrictions. Any large pictures (ones that would take up near an entire screen when looked at) should be hidden with a Spoiler Button. Such tools should also be considered when creating lengthy backgrounds or other ‘Word Walls’. You should also look at the information presented below to understand just what your faction and character is starting with, along with the type of information that should be included. I will also ask that you include an idea of what you enjoy about roleplaying and what you hope to achieve with the game. This is as much for me to be able to understand how you wish to play this game as it is to know you as a player better. I'm perfectly happy to customize a few play experiences to what a player is more interested in but it does still need to work within the theme of the game. If your looking for a lot of tactical turn based combat this might not be the best fit (Although there will still be some) but a number of other possibilities are still possible

-3- Posting Requirements and Rules
Posting Rates When controlling the group as a whole the player will post an overview of actions once every 2 months for their group using the Dowmtime rules from Ultimate Campaign and the outline listed below. These 2 months will be considered a Role Playing Cycle. Both the Group’s Leader and their Cohort will be allowed to take individual actions and roles while Followers are expected to be grouped into teams or used as Managers for ease of use. As a Rule of Thumb Followers of Level 3 and lower will be used as part of Teams while those of Level 4 or Higher can be used as Managers of businesses which the Faction Leader or Cohort are too busy to care for. Such Managers can have their own Stats, as discussed in character creation, and rolls for Downtime but unlike the Leader or Cohort such rolls can only be done on a weekly basis rather then daily, which can be seen in the Downtime Post Outline below. Each such overview will cover an in game time frame of 1 week and will be discussed further in 3 - Posting Requirements and Rules - Posting Rules. If a player elects to roleplay as one of the Factions followers in the group they will act as part of a Follower Team as mentioned above but they will also receive a Profession or Craft check for that week which will represent the money that character personally makes that week.

Players are expected to post the Downtime Actions (a single post) of their Faction and their character during the week before the last weekend of each RP Cycle. This will represent the groups/individual’s plans for one week in game. If there is an event or events occurring during this ‘in game week’ that a player wishes to roleplay or if the event involves another player character who wishes to Role Play in said event, such a wish should be indicated in the Downtime Post and will be dealt with during the following RP Cycle. This will be done so in a Private Thread which those involved in said event will have access to. It is up to the individual player to decide how much they wish to post in any given story line but all storylines will be finished by the end of the Cycle in which they started. If this is not possible the GM will summarize the remainder of the exchange by the end of the last weekend of the Cycle.

If one player wishes to roleplay their character in an event that involves a character controlled by a separate player, who does not wish to roleplay, the GM will roleplay the event as the missing player’s character if given special permission to do so by the missing player. If the missing player wishes to neither roleplay the event themselves nor allow the GM to do so on their behalf, it will be resolved as a summarization which will take consideration of the First players plans and wishes over that of the missing player’s.

Special rewards will be given to those who post above and beyond the single required Downtime Post. This will usually involve bonus XP but can also include bonus money or items involved with the event the character is interacting in. If a player misses one of the required Downtime Posts they can still interact with other posts that could involve their character in the following month but it will be assumed some unforeseen problem prevented any major actions from that players group for that in game week. If TWO CYCLES are missed in a row, without explanation, it will be assumed that the absent player has left the game. If they wish to rejoin later they can do so with a new character or their previous one if they are still alive but this will require permission from the GM.

Players may also post in Open Threads which represent common areas like bars, the port, or other unrestricted areas. These Treads will be available to all and open when the game starts.
Posting RulesMonthly Downtime Post
As mentioned, Downtime Action Posts are expected to be handed in once a Cycle and will detail the actions of your Faction as a whole as well as what the character you are controlling is doing. These will be accepted during the last 7 days of a Cycle, will be placed in the individual players Folder under the thread Downtime – ‘Faction Name’, and be due before the end of the last weekend of each Cycle. The necessary Roleplay threads will be opened by the end of the next weekend but the earlier you submit your Downtime the sooner I’ll be able to create and start these threads.

The Schedule for each Cycle will also be posted regularly by the GM.

These Downtime posts should follow a specific outline as detailed below.

I would suggest that players fill out a 'default' Downtime Post that would represent a normal week for the faction and use this as base that can be copied/used for each cycle, altering small parts deepening on the changing game environment. This will make it so you do not have to be overwhelmed by mechanics at the beginning of each cycle.
-4 - World Information
The World
As mentioned before, the world we will be playing in is a completely home brewed version which is still being worked on. I don’t even have a name for the world as a whole but I’m up to suggestions. Despite this I have filled it out quite a bit and the information below is just a ‘quick’ overview of some of the information available. If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or in a PM and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

-5 - FAQ and Applications

PlayerFactionCharacterDescriptionStatus
MurderInParidiseThe Black JackalsDruse SilmorPirates from ElengaWIP
OneDarknessChurch of PlatinusAssanaChurch of PlatinusWIP
VaerdisHMS White MawCaptain Shuran Gresso of the Winter MawWerewolf PirateWIP
WhiteLadyTBDCortha BloodfootDampire PirateWIP
RylusSavage Waves GuildKirik 'The Builder'Dwarven Weapon/ShipsmithWIP
TheGoodDoctorThe Brotherhood of BronzeCaptain TibbitDelivery & TradeWIP
KuroyamaTanaka's EmporiumLADY TANAKAExotic Magic EmporiumWIP
Fwalin McFundinThe Fireheart ClanBalen FireheartNeighboring Dwarf ClanWIP
MaximumUnicornWyrmbaneIllya WindwalkerMaw Loyal PiratesWIP
SSlotsThe Grudge BearersGrathfire Firebeard???WIP
MundayKnightFlotsamKonOutcast SchoolWIP
Kshnik???????????WIP
ImverosRovers of the New HorizonCale ReisPirate who's Captain Seeks RevengeWIP

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-05-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:11 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
The Black Jackals
The Black Jackals

Elenga isn't the ideal place to raise a child, but many people don't have that choice. Those children of Elenga live and die there, typically very short lives, but there are exceptions. Some of those exceptions happened to leave their island home, amid the chaos and attacks. Led by the eldest and bravest, Druse Silmor, the Black Jackals intend to travel the world and see everything there is to see. Kept in check by the wisest and cruelest, Prakkom, the Black Jackals intend to take what they want and make no apologies. Made up of the children of Elenga, the Black Jackals intend to find the happiness they were never handed growing up. Their morals may be questionable, but they grew up on an awful prison colony that often claimed most lives created there. They, like most people are merely a product of their upbringing. Fiercely roaming the seas with their ship Chawton, they may become a force to be reckoned with. Outside of Elenga they may perish quick, but until the last of them has perished, the rest of the world had better watch out.

Leader
Druse Silmor

"We're here for the adventure, but that doesn't mean you're getting a share of the loot."
Name: Druse Silmor.
Race: Aasimar.
Class: Fighter.
Alignment: CN.
Leadership: Base/16 Follower/17 Cohort/16
Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79908

Personality/Appearance The leader of the Black Jackals is a fierce Aasimar woman named Druse Silmor. She has long metallic brunette hair, that hasn't had a proper cut in a long time. Her face is angelic in nature, it is clear that she is more than human. Almond shaped golden eyes scan wherever she is for danger, one can tell from her eyes that danger is the only thing she's ever known. Her teeth are crooked and jagged and many scars adorn her muscular body.
Druse is a conflicted young woman. Upon meeting her, most find her intimidating. It would be very hard for anyone to befriend her that hasn't already. Quite frankly, she has horrible manners. She is quick to apologize for speaking improperly, seeing as she never learned normal social graces. She is also quick to judge others based on their appearance, because in Elenga you are what you are. Nothing more and nothing less. However, she does have a soft side for her fellow Black Jackals, and for any poor children.

BackgroundBackground: Druse was born and raised in Elenga, her grandparents being accused wrongfully of murder and imprisoned there. Elenga was by no means an easy place to grow up, and her angelic heritage made her a target for many of the more unsavoury residents of the island. Her harsh upbringing definitely had a hand in her behaviour today.

Cohort
Prakkom.

"The vultures will not starve today. Not thanks to your sacrifice."
Name: Prakkom.
Race: Pummar
Class: Cleric.
Alignment: CN.
Personality/Appearance The brains of the operation is a tawny Pummar known mostly as Prakkom. His friends call him Prak. He has a light brown tabby coat that is groomed to perfection. He has tired blue eyes and an almost perpetual scowl. Prakkom is quite skinny seeing as he has rarely had enough food. Many people would describe him as adorable, and to be honest he has to agree.
His personality however is anything but adorable. Prakkom doesn't see himself as cruel, he just happens to enjoy what he does. What he does is ensure that Druse's plans never fail, and if a few heads have to roll- he'll make sure they squirm. His horrid morals may just be a product of his harsh upbringing, but regardless they sometimes get out of hand. He likes shiny things and fish, preferably shiny fish. He became a cleric of Dotare for a reason, and he understands the horrors of famine and disease in a controlled area. He firmly believes that one can only truly understand something until they have suffered it.

BackgroundBackground: Prakkom's family has been on Elenga for the last few generations, nobody can quite remember why at this point. Regardless, they did not appreciate his worship of Dotare. When they didn't accept the food that he garnered through taking it from others, he found someone else to give it to. They were never thankful for him anyways. He found solace in his best friend Druse who encouraged him to embrace his fanatic religious love for the god.

FollowersJust making this to keep track of followers. Just for kicks I decided to give them names and personalities, and also to make it easier to keep track of the purchases in the bank. Also, when I have the ability to gain a higher level follower- then I can make one of the others gain a level rather than just saying "Hello random level 3, welcome to our group!" Because I am keeping all of these original Black Jackals/Children of Elenga around for as long as I can before they inevitably get killed and I have to find npcs willing to replace them. Because continuity is key. Because I say so. Because because. So far I am only going to be fleshing out notable ones, seeing as most of them will be used in teams.
30 level 1, 3 level 2, 1 level 3, 1 Level 4

Fun Stuff.

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 04-12-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12326
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
character app for Life Within the Maw
The Prophet
left-aligned image
Assana
Human, Female, 25
Oracle of Goddess of Wealth and SecretsPlatinus

"We all have secrets, some secrets are just more dangerous than others."

The Prophet
Not surprisingly for one whose serves the Goddess of Secrets, Assana has many secrets of her own. Little is known about her before her arrival in Krakenmaw, or even how she arrived, but the name spread wide and fast shortly after her arrival. She is possessed of an ethereal beauty and is by all appearances young in years, despite her long white hair that descends past her shoulders. She is small in stature, being no more than five feet in height, and dresses in expensive cloths and silks, accompanied by numerous rings and other trappings of wealth. A bold move in a town of pirates but she has made allies quickly enough, attracting an almost cult following among those that are devote believers, and is now rarely seen without bodyguards in tow, if she is seen at all as she has a penchant for moving about unseen.

Artemis Avery
right-aligned image
Artemis Avery (Human, Male, 27)
If little is known about Assana even less is known of Artemis, and his role in the church, for he seems to be able to come and go as he pleases without question and even High Priestess Melindra follows his direction when its given. He is one of the few that Assana listens brooks interruption from, but while he follows no orders of others when Assana wants something done he is the one to take care of it for her. He often acts as an intermediary when needed but otherwise when not in Assana presence he can found in the busiest spots in the Maw pursuing some conquest or another, and there have been many, and appears to have friends everywhere.

Notables within the ChurchHigh Priestess Klenara (Human, Female, 41, Adept 6th): One of the first to pledge herself to Assana upon her arrival in Krakenmaw. Before joining church she had run a successful trade shop down by the docks that while small always seemed to have what was needed, and if she didn't have she knew where you could get it, making her a popular stop for those looking for something unique. Now that she effectively runs the day to day operations of the church more than a few old friends still seek her out when they need some advice, and that influence has helped the church keeps it coffers full and spawned the implementation of the Bounty that serves the community.

Priest Thomas (Human, Male, 38, Adept 4th): While many an old friend call him Tommy Bones, back from his days as one of the luckiest dice and card gamblers to grace the Krakenmaw, he has done his best to take to a more formal name among new comers and those he doesn't know well since he joined the order. Thomas got him self in a bit of trouble, by winning a bit more than he should from the wrong folks and said folks roughed him up something fierce and broke almost every bone in his left hand in the process. If Artmeis hadn't come along at just that moment who knows what might have happened, in the end Assana patched him up and convinced him to put his skill at reading people to better use. Now he heads up Platinus's Ledger, one of the only banks in the the Krakenmaw, where one can leave something of value and trust it will be there when they return, that and he has the final say on all loans the bank is willing to make for those who have a need for some extra coin. As long you remember the Ledger always collects.

Priestess Diana (Half-Elf, Female, 26, Adept 4th): Diana is among one of the youngest to hold a position of power within the church, and more than a few remember when the fiery red head tended bar down by the docks. She had a way with people but always wanted to be part of something more, so when Assana started up the church she was there from the beginning, helping out and asking about the faith. She asked to be an acolyte and took to the faith as one born to it, and rose quickly through the ranks to become the face of Platinus's Bounty, a premiere and trusted source for minor magical items and religious artifacts related to Platinus in the Krakenmaw.

The ChurchThe Church of Platinus
Not surprisingly many were inclined to listen to her when she spoke of Platinus, for the Goddess spoke of wealth which all pirates crave, and secrets which every living soul possesses. The Church provided many services for those that sought them out, including the financing of profitable enterprises, divine guidance and healing, and even absolution for those whose secrets were weighing upon their souls. Before long Assana attracted those of the devoted who sought to further serve Platinus, and taught them teachings of the Goddess to further serve the growing needs of the community and free Assana to deal with more important matters. Most powerful among them is the High Priestess Klenara, who has for a few years now handled many of the day to day operations of the Church, and in Assana's and Artemis's absence has the final say in all matters dealing with the church. She has never sided against Assana and is fiercely protective of the prophet, and none have been successful in driving a wedge between the two, and those that try are quick to find out the level of devotion Klenara has for Assana.

With the help of her followers Assana has built a large compound in the Undershell that while primarily is a proper cathedral devoted to the worship of Platinus, also contains her Ledger, a sort of financial institution that deals in the lending of funds, the storage of prized possessions and a place where contracts might be struck. Also across from the Ledger is the Bounty, a shop that has all manner of magical trinkets and items of the faith for those who have the coins or are need of an extra advantage that mundane items are insufficient. Between Cathedral, Ledger and Bounty is Assana's prime domain but as of late she has been branching out even further as growth of her faith continues and is eyeing new opportunities for financial gain. The Church and its holdings and followers respects the laws and powers of the Cullin, and the Cullin had not made any moves against the church, nor given them any reason to do such. If anything the Church supports the rule of the Cullin as it provides a semblance of order and the relative peace necessary for wealth to be earned.

ContactsIt is impossible to grow and prosper as Assana without making a few friends and enemies along the way, and here are a few to keep in mind.

Tamara Docks(Freindly, Half-Elf, Female, 32, Bard 3): Proprieter and owner of the Seven Sisters, where one can satisfy their need for food, drink, gambling and women. A well known hot spot in the Undershell, and one of Artemis's favourite locations when not occupied with Church business. Tamara started the seven sisters with the golds she made running high stakes card games that you had to be invited to play in, and it's even said the last Cullen even played in them often. She kept her tips and a small cut of the pot till she had enough to buy something bigger and while she stayed true to her roots with the gambling, her other services are as much a moneymaker if not more. She borrowed some from Platinus's Ledger to fund the latest expansion, and she has made use of the Church's other services from time to time or when there is an issue that she could use some discreet assistance with, and to date has been a valued client of the Church.

Hulking Hairy (Friendly, Half-Orc, Male, 38, Brawler 5 ): If there was ever somebody you didn't want to run into a back alley it was most definitely Hulking Hairy, who made his name as a ring fighter in various parts including the Maw, before deciding that he couldn't spend his whole life fighting. So as he got older he went and set up a meeting with Thomas at Platinus's Ledger, who he knew when Thomas was still Tommy Bones, and started putting away some his funds in hopes of finding a way out of things when the time came. As new up and comers made their appearance in the pits, and Hairy started slowing down he knew it was time to get out while he still had most of his senses. So talking with Thomas and including Assana in the discussions for one of their longest and valued customers they came up with a plan to keep Hulking Hairy growing his tidy little nest egg. Having recognized a need for reliable transport around town and seeing as Hairy still had much of his strength they encouraged him to set up a sort of teamsters operation where him and a few of his older buddies could still put their strength to good use hauling and delivering goods about the Maw. It was a natural fit for the retiring brawler and so far business has been good, and he has formed a small but dependable service that is making him some coin and keeping him busy.

Krosz (Friendly, Gek, Male, Adjust age as appropriate for a Gek17, Alchemist 3): While the Church is fairly self sufficient in many ways there are still some things that are better left in the care of others, and growing medicinal plants and specialty herbs is something Krosz has always been good at. He has been doing it for a few years before Assana arrived and when she asked around on arrival she eventually wound up on his tree step as it were, he lived near the outskirts of the jungle in a tree house spanning a few trees in the area. Festooned with planter boxes up high and draping plants he has quickly become the supplier of choice for the Chruch and its herb needs, he is considered a bit odd and eccentric, but for the most part harmless unless he thinks your a Cli-tsu or working with them in which case he more than a few tricks up his sleeve to drive you off.

Edvin Bech (Unfriendly, Human, Male, 41, Cleric of Dibit 3 ): Edvin had been here before Assana arrival, but his less than charismatic demeanor hadn't seen him gaining much traction with the locals, and any headway he had been making quickly evaporated when Assana arrived on the scene and started building her Church of Platinus. he feels that she stole what few followers he had been gathering with her youth and beauty, and her new Church all but shut him out with only a few faithful followers to assuage his ego. He has been unhappy about it ever since and if he can find a way to make life difficult for Assana in any way you can be sure he would jump at the opportunity to do so, for now though he tends to his small flock out of a small one floor temple in the Undershell.

Last edited by OneDarkness; 04-12-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:32 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4707
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis

Last edited by Vaerdis; 04-20-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:20 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
WhiteLady WhiteLady WhiteLady

Last edited by WhiteLady; 04-17-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:42 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Happy to see someone already using one of my custom races already.

And yes WL, Hello. I'm doing fine.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:17 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Happy to see someone already using one of my custom races already.

And yes WL, Hello. I'm doing fine.
Using, or abusing? I had this werewolf-cleric mental tick running for the past week and this made for a most excellent opportunity to make thought run on paper.

Though character and stat creation are of little importance at this stage, I must ask. What, if any, are your current houserules for this campaign? For example, traits at the start, usage of background skills or feat tax removal, etc etc.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2543
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
What no goblins? No matter posting interest.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:30 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ Vardis: Traits are mentioned in the character creation and I do like Background Skills but they will only be allowed for the Leader. As for Feat Tax.. what the heck, I'll allow it. I'll be trying to focus more on roleplaying rather then combat so it shouldn't create to much imbalance.

@ Kshnik: There are 'Goblins' in the world. They're one of the lower forms of the 'Children of Sin'; Monsters that erupted from the heart of the Cylic Empire centuries ago to create the 'Great Flood' which led to the Savage Lands. These 'Children' are not available as player races as they typically attack other races on sight. They're not like the typical Goblins of Pathfinder who have a degree of comical relief to them. Instead they're savage and deadly, happily feasting on the sentient races that they kill.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 673
MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee
Wow, now that's a game ad! *slow clap *

Looking at the SRD for inspiration and i see that good ships are quite costly. Will selected players be given a ship, or a ship allowance, or discounts?

If not, and we have to put on our big boy pantaloons and pay full retail, can we ignore the common rule of no more than half your wealth spent on one item?

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2019, 12:00 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 673
MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee
Id also like to share this handy list of pirate options

Last edited by MattLovesCoffee; 03-24-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:55 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattLovesCoffee View Post
Wow, now that's a game ad! *slow clap *

Looking at the SRD for inspiration and i see that good ships are quite costly. Will selected players be given a ship, or a ship allowance, or discounts?

If not, and we have to put on our big boy pantaloons and pay full retail, can we ignore the common rule of no more than half your wealth spent on one item?

Thanks!
Sorry but ships will be at full cost but yes you are not restricted to how much you can spend on one item. That said, Sailing Ships are only 10,000 G which is less then half. Yes, upgrades for the ship would put you above the half make but you could consider them separate purchases.

However, don't forget that ships have crew requirements and if you don't have enough Followers to pilot a ship that you will have to hire additional Teams to fill in the gaps.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2551
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus

Leader of the Savage waves guild
The basics
Name:
Kirik 'The Builder'

Race:
ART: Craftsman,Industrious UrbaniteDwarf
Class:
Wizard 5/Siege gunnerGunslinger 1/Noble Scion 2
Alignment:
Neutral
Traits:
Benefits: All cohorts, followers, or summoned creatures under your leadership gain a +1 morale bonus on Will saves to avoid mind-affecting effects. If you ever take the Leadership feat, you gain a +1 trait bonus to your Leadership score.Natural-Born Leader
Benefit(s): You gain a +1 trait bonus on Craft checks, and the cost of creating magic items is reduced by 5%.Spark of Creation
Greater Leadership: At 2nd level, a noble scion gains the Leadership feat as a bonus feat. He can recruit a cohort up to one level lower than himself. At 10th level, he can recruit a cohort of the same level as himself.Leadership:

The personal
Personality:

Appearance:

The past
Background:

Second of the Savage waves guild
The basics
Name:
Jennik Ironfist

Race:
ART: Craftsman,Industrious UrbaniteDwarf
Class:
Pack LordDruid 6/ Alchemist 1
Alignment:
Neutral

The personal
Personality:

Appearance:

Savage waves guild
Custom weapons, Repairs, and Ships
A small business built from the ground up by its founder and current owner Kirik. Within the Maw it has flourished due to being one of the rare places that can mass produce and repair even custom weapons and build cannons and hand held guns. Kirik has made many contacts within the town as well as under it, employing several of the denizens of the deep to help with the creation of Kiriks passion....ships. The respect required to obtain the building the guild sits in comes from the fact that the guild always delivers what it promises and Kirik is known to be a man of his word. With a large building between the Craftsmen area and the trade area while still being along the docks, a prime location that took Kirik several years to acquire.

Alchemy Lab, Animal Pen x2 (One special, one for horses), Bedroom x7, Lodging x3, Dock, Forge x3, Lavatory, Storage x2, Storefront, Workstation x4Building contains

Employees:
Level 1:
30 (15 5 Adept, 10 ExpertDwarves, 5 5 WarriorTaloo, 10 10 ExpertSahuagin)
Level 2:
Vedren: Expert sun dwarf weaponsmith; Leslin: Expert Sahuagin ship wright; Borgun: Warrior Kiiyaa The shop guard3
Level 3:
Maddoc the Sun dwarf Adept Merchant1
Level 4:
Benwin the Taloo Warrior head of security1
Followers

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kirik.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	79568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reed Cutter.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	79702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aurora Cutter.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	79705  

Last edited by Rylus; 04-12-2019 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:53 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Are our character's wealth and leadership scores based off of effective level, or levels after adjustment. I.e. my situation, is this level 7 Galladan werewolf treated as level 8 for the purpose of WBL?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2249
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
I would like to run a small clan of Dwarves who serve as weaponsmith and armourers to Krakenmaw. They can make cannon and seek the ability to create powder. Is that a workable idea to get on with?

Last edited by Fwalin McFundin; 03-24-2019 at 06:04 PM.