RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-26-2019, 01:26 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4342
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@ SSlotts:As far as I'm concerned paladins should always be lawful but if you want a neutral or evil one that's fine. Some of the abilities would just be changed according to the alignment.

As for Smuggling, if it's into the Maw it's only to avoid the Cullin's Cut as there currently no items that are illegal. If it's to the mainland it depends on the city/country. Most places will have drugs as illegal while specific foods and magic items might be restricted on a case to case basis. For example a Dragon Bane weapon in Sai'tha will get you executed. Other places might have it so that certain foods are restricted to only be used by nobility. Even massive shipments of weapons are restricted even if individual weapons are not. Some items, like powerful artifacts and magic items, are also restricted from leaving a country

There is also smuggling meant to avoid the taxes of a county levied against restricted items. If you plan on going into it deeply then we'll have more detailed information.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:09 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4521
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Speaking of the Cullin, not that this has much to do with immediate character goals, how is the next Cullin decided? I imagine it isn't a very democratic process but are the fleets operating in the Maw at the time assigned as electors to choose a reputable leader?
Old 03-26-2019, 02:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2219
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Old 03-26-2019, 03:03 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@Vaerdis: Officially the Cullin is passed from the current Cullin to the one he/she believes should be the next. Hereditary passing's can occur but it's not a requirement. Of course the one that the current Cullin 'chooses' can sometimes be the one who pushes the current Cullin into a corner far enough that there isn't any other choice. There have even been times when someone is able to kill the current Cullin and claims the Maw as their own, becoming the new Cullin. Such deaths are usually only accepted by the populace when it's a one on one dual but honor isn't always a strong quality among pirates.

@ Rylus: That's fine

Last edited by taleteller50; 03-26-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Can someone link where i would find prices for buildings and such? i can't seem to find it and when i search all i get is kingdom maker stuff.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Downtime rules from Ultimate Campaign. Organizations, rooms and teams are found there.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:25 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by taleteller50; 03-26-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1493
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
I have some ideas and a question...

I know you mentioned that black powder has proprietary secrets in world. How does that work with the Gunsmithing feat?
Old 03-27-2019, 12:59 PM
We're All Mad Here

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20891
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Alright, I read through a great deal of this. First of, excellent job with the ground work. Very neat campaign. Now... my question:

Is it absolutely required we be part of a faction? I have a character in mind that would work well in this world solo, and has a great RP reason for being as such. Almost a roving PC as it were.

I only ask, as I honestly don't see me being able to keep up with all the upkeep of managing a faction and all the detail specific items you've outlined associated with it. If this concept doesn't fit, feel free to just say "Sorry Toba, not gonna happen." I take blunt honesty well.

Otherwise, sweet game and concept! Best of luck!
Old 03-27-2019, 01:45 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ MaximumUnicorn: Gunsmithing and anything to do with Blackpowder can only be taken by Dwarves and there are several restrictions that need to be met to be able to produce Black Powder. I will also be limiting this knowledge to ONE FACTION AT MOST. Even if 3 of the best apps from the best players are dwarves with access to Black Powder I will only accept 1.

@ Toba: I would have to see the character to know for sure. The game was designed to be played with characters of great influence rather then lone wanderers. However, this wish was also why I included the ability of a Player to have their Main Character as someone who is not the Faction Leader. For example the Faction Leader could be your character's father who owns a business while the actual character, the one exploring the Savage Isles, could not care anything about the business. This way you only have to make one initial Downtime action and copy paste it each cycle.

If this is too much then I'm sorry.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:54 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Understood. Will there then be an alternative feat given to Gunslingers and any archetype that normally would get Gunsmithing? Or do all those fall under the "Dwarven secrets" provision?
Old 03-27-2019, 07:49 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
No, in fact unless your a dwarf you shouldn't even be a gunslinger. Basically Guns, Cannons, and Black Powder are super rare other then the area around Rukdan. Now if you were from around there, Atanalis, or Talugan there would be at least a chance you would have had access to Black Powder enough to learn Gunsmithing or Gunslinging but only the Dwarves know the secret of Black Powder and they guard it fiercely; selling only at an extremely high cost. If you are from these areas though there should be a reason you are now in Krakenmaw. It's like a pirate from Asia moving to Europe; not impossible but there would have been a reason for such a long distance move.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:13 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
While giddly awaiting playing a pirate, is there a special pirate's code sworn upon those that find harbor under the Cullen? Or is each crew allowed their own rule out at sea?

What are the laws of Krakenmaw?
Old 03-28-2019, 08:22 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Buccaneer and Picaroon are both out then, okay. Constraints boost creativity. I'll have my duo up tonight.