RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4521
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
I got my contracts and application done, I think.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2219
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Are we allowed to buy iron ingots and things like that?
Old 04-03-2019, 12:34 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4342
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@Rylus: If you wish and there are stats in the books. In the case of Iron it is 1 sp per pound. For other types look under Trade Goods.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Yea i found it, just wanted to make sure it was ok
Old 04-03-2019, 02:28 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
If anyone want's to have materials ready at the game start you are perfectly welcome to do so.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2142
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Application
BackstoryKovSmyth and Osmaplite clans have been friendly for years. The KovSmyths were a somewhat wandering clan and thus would travel in the late spring, summer and early fall months to the ocean shores. In the late fall the KovSmyth’s would return and spend the winter and early spring months in the caverns populated by the Osmaplites clan. The Osmaplites would spend the year mining and working the metals they dug up into armor and weapons. The KovSmyths would help in the winter months and then when late spring arrived they would leave in their custom wagons. The Osmaplites would load them up with many of their creations for the KovSmyths to sell. In the fall the KovSmyths would return with the coin and various goods that the Osmaplites did not have.

Marius and Onin met while very young and became the best for friends. Onin and Marius would go exploring above and below together. Marius teaching Onin about the natural world above while Onin shared his knowledge of underneath. In the spring Marius learned to fish and sail while Onin spent time learning the workings of Metal and Stone within the caverns. As they got older Onin and Marius would go mining; Onin looking for precious metals while Marius looked for gems.

Marius reached age first and did not return that winter. The following winter he returned. He spent the winter months telling adventure tales to Onin and the young of both clans. Onin reach age that spring and Marius convinced Onin to go adventuring with him. The two spent a few years adventuring together. Marius and Onin between them had earn/found many coins. They decided to settle in The Maw and purchased a stronghold at Marius suggestion. Marius hired employees and setup his fishing and fish-boat building business. As the business settled Marius and Onin returned home for the winter months. As they rested over the winter months in the caverns they planned for the spring and their tales earned them some followers. Well... Marius did; as he was the more charismatic of the two and did the majority of the talking.

Once spring arrived Marius, Onin and the followers head back to The Maw to try their hand at starting a mining company.

Stronghold
KovSmyth and Osmaplite Marina

Companies, Followers and Teams
Precious Metal Mining
Followers

Time N Tide Fish N Ships
Managers

Teams

Last edited by Kshnik; 04-11-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:06 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Just doing an initial read through everyone's apps. I'll have comments and questions soon after I'm finished.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14169
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Application
The Rovers of the New Horizon
The Rovers of the New Horizon arrived in Krakenmaw a little more than a season ago, but have already made a place for themselves. Both on the lips of those who've misplaced their cut, and in the Undershell's decaying harbor edges. Preferring to keep to legal work, the Rovers obtained a privateer's license from The Lash to collect un submitted dues in The Cullin's name, by force if necessary. While earning them many enemies, it has also allowed them to curry favor and fill their coffers all while their leader Cale sleeps soundly at night.

The Ultima is equally adept at hunting debtors as it is hauling fright, surveying surrounding islands, and guarding ships into and out of the maw from less savory residents. Anything to fill the coffers and keep her close to the port.

The Rovers have recently moved into the outskirts building piers and housing blocks. Several locals will gather any time the strange mouselike creatures challenge each other to a race. They claim to be training to race the wind and the sea itself. Plans are already in place to monetize these voyeurs as well. Though what they intended to do with the gathered coin and favor is a tightly held secret.

No one likes a brownnoser, however, and several past clients, as well as those who fear becoming one, plot against the group. Their managers are often head repeating, "If everyone likes you, you're doing your job wrong. If everyone hates you, you're doing your job wrong."

Captain'
right-aligned image

left-aligned image

~~Cale Reis~~
TN Swif Male, 35
Bolt Ace 5/ Noble Scion 3
"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."
~~~~~~~~~Lv 8 + Stat 8 + Stronghold 2 + Trait 1Leadership: 19~~~~~~~~~

Dramatis Personae

Last edited by Imveros; 04-07-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Better late than never!

Every time I sat down to write, I would fall down the rabbit hole that is the Downtime Section on the Pathfinder SRD!

Looking back at the other applicants, it looks like Gunslinger is the catch of the day. Though that shouldn't be too shocking for a pirate game!

Good luck everyone, I hope Cale gets a chance to show you what he's made of!

PS: I'm more than game to share review services with any other applicants. You can never have too many eyes on a page!
Old 04-04-2019, 08:59 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4521
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
I could use a commentary, Imveros, though I stated that my app is done, it is more of that I hit a wall and I do not know what to add to my Napoleon-complex necromancer pirate captain.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:16 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8166
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Imveros you sly devil, throwing in decemberists references likme that.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
I could use a commentary, Imveros, though I stated that my app is done, it is more of that I hit a wall and I do not know what to add to my Napoleon-complex necromancer pirate captain.
Same here, I've been tweaking it for a week now. Formatting here, a small change there, and extra character there. It was publish it or never be done time!

I've read yours over, but I'll go over it with a fine tooth comb this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MundayKnight View Post
Imveros you sly devil, throwing in decemberists references likme that.

Honestly, it was the very first thing that came to mind while reading the advert. I'd almost forgotten!
Old 04-04-2019, 10:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2142
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Ok got the details done now just need to write up the fluff pieces.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I do belive my app is complete...might tweak it a bit but overall i think its done.

Last edited by Rylus; 04-05-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:53 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ Rylus: You have my permission.