RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2219
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Old 04-05-2019, 01:44 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4342
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@ Rylus: Understood
Old 04-06-2019, 03:51 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Sorry for the wait all. I had this all ready Friday but then the computer I had the notes on crashed and lost everything I had written down. Each of you will have some private notes below but there are some more common issues I'll address here first.

These don't apply to everyone but if they do apply to you please make note of them.

1) Personal Wishes: I did ask in the Ad that everyone made notes about what they were hoping to get out of this game. Goals for the characters, player preferences in gameplay; that sort of stuff. please remember this as it will help me see what kind of a game you expect from this and where I might have to focus to keep it fun for everyone.
2) Cohorts: Please remeber to read the rules for Leadership, especially the rules about how your Cohort can not be higher then 2 levels below your Leader. There are ways to counter this limit a little but if you are using such a case please note it near your Leadership score.
3) NPC Contacts: Do not forget your ability to suggest NPC's which will populate the Game word. These people and the Favors they owe you can be very important and are a perfect way to gain a bonus through hard work even before the game starts. I need these before the 16th as I will be doing final designs on the Maw as you all make your first Downtime and finish your sheets. They are also one of the things I consider when deciding who will make the game.

Now on to the main show.

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-06-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:56 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4521
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Thanks for the feedback. Completely forgot about posting some personal wishes stuff.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for the info, i will make those changes as they make a lot of sense

Last edited by Rylus; 04-06-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2032
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Thanks. Will respond in due course. The location is great and will not be in issue for me if I am chosen. It will add to the fun!
Old 04-06-2019, 10:28 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Old 04-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Old 04-07-2019, 02:04 AM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8166
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight

Last edited by MundayKnight; 04-07-2019 at 02:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1075
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
ApplicationA little late in the Game but I hope I might still be considered.
Leader
Sir Tauro Flora

Neutral Human Male, Age 40
<Secret>
----------Leadership: 19/21----------

Background: Few know of where Tauro came from before his arrival in Krakenmaw, appearing on a ship laden with materials, treasure, and soldiers. Many believe him to be exiled nobility from Valand or some other area near the Perromesan Sea but neither Tauro nor his followers have been willing to say as such and those who know of the area have heard no mention of him. He also brought with him a single daughter that many have claimed is a beauty without equal who is rarely far from her father's side.

Wasting little time Tauro soon paid the Cullin his cut and set about buying and fixing various properties within the Maw. The first was an old flop house near the port which he soon turned into the Flying Coin, a successful Tavern and Gambling Den. Next was the purchase of one of the few grander mansions near the Cullin's own residence which he converted into a higher class brothel with personal accommodations upon it's upper floors. Soon he even built a Brewery upon a farmstead outside the shell and a large Tenement to house many of said farm's workers. It was almost like the aging man had money to burn but unlike some Tauro did not appear to be wasteful in his spending. Every building was an investment, every show of generosity a calculated expense to gather workers, and before too long this mysterious man was a name to be noted among the Maw.

Of course in such a lawless area as the Maw many believed Tauro was nothing more then a plump target ready to be plucked but time and again he has shown that not only is he well protected with his small army of soldier's and archers but that he is no fool; many of those trying to take advantage of him or his daughter discovered later dead by mysterious means

Notable Figures

Actually Played Character - NPC Follower

NPC's

Rival NPC's

Last edited by swordplay82; 04-12-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2142
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Storyline coming along slowly.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:43 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
So I'm designing some of the possible random effects that might effect the Maw during Downtime and I thought I'd see if anyone has an idea on stuff to fill the list. These are suppose to be events that originate from outside of the Maw or which are uncontrollable acts of nature. This is the list I have so far.

Krakenmaw Random EventsBad Weather|||
Monster Attack|||
Fire|||
Ill Omens|||
Discovery (Negative)|||
Infestation|||
Plague|||
Crop Issues|||
Naval Interference|||
Criminal Activity|||
Food Shortage|||
Infiltration|||
Vandals|||

Diplomatic Overture|||
Nothing Happens|||
Discovery (Mixed)|||

Wealth Immigrant|||
Pilgramage|||
Immigrants|||
Good Omens|||
Discovery (Positive)|||
Economic Boon|||
Good Weather|||

So.. Any ideas?
Old 04-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Shipwreck and good and bad cargo brought in by the tidesfloatsam-based events, maybe economic mismanagement or rebel uprising. I dunno if undead are naturally occurring so those might fall under the umbrella of monster attacks. I think everything there is quite the wide umbrella you have laid out.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Old 04-08-2019, 11:31 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Just to be clear, these are events that will effect the Maw as a whole. There will be separate tables for buildings and ships which individual factions control.

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-08-2019 at 11:33 PM.