twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 12:14 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 308
Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky
Magnanimon is after glorious deeds but also a new home for his family. So it seems that Group 1 would be where he would fit. Great deeds to be done defending the settlement, but also working to build the new homeland.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4374
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Finnelis has been updated. He is definitely Option 1
Posting Status (June):June 1-7: Multiple times per workday (M-F); Maybe once to none on weekends; June 10-17: Next to none. Baby time!; June 18-24: From time to time, but also baby time; June 24-on: Multiple times per workday (M-F); Maybe once to none on weekends.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Wreathed in Flame

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3717
MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast
I'm going to close applications at this point. Thank you to everyone who has applied.

The two groups have been created, but I need to do a little more prep work before I announce them and get the game rolling. I hope to put up the party rosters later tonight. Thanks for your patience.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:20 PM
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2595
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
Best of luck everyone!

Interested in Round-Robin GMing? PM me.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1058
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Old 04-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2247
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky

Regardless of outcome, it was fun to create a character in 5e that wasn't level 1, hahaha.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:00 PM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 423
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
@ManicMonky yea flexing my not starter character muscles was great! Hope to see everybody on the other side!
Current Game:Troubles in Tarn & Running Storm King's Thunder
Old 04-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3543
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Everyone has such amazing characters, it's been a pleasure to be able to read all of them and I still owe several of you RPXP ^.^ Good luck to all of us

@MemoryBeast, thanks so much for taking the time to answer all of our questions and giving us all the opportunity to apply.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1696
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Exciting times!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:55 PM
Wreathed in Flame

Tools
User Statistics
MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast
Thank you to everyone who applied. There were quite a few excellent applications, and narrowing them down to a number that I could manage proved a very difficult process. The game will begin with two groups of four PCs, and in order to dive right into the action, each group will be starting in a different area of the region around Ghol Varad, pursuing a different adventure. The two groups are:

Secret of the Blighted Vale:

The vast forest to the west of Ghol Varad has always been an eldritch and uncanny place, but in recent months, the darkness in the woods has grown and spread, threatening the approaches to Ghol Varad. Gerduun, Vogul, Krumir, and Amaiya now delve into the forest’s shadowed depths, seeking the source of corruption.

The Ruins of Koron Ghan:

To the east of Ghol Varad, the Koron River plunges over a vertiginous waterfall into a black and churning lake. On the shores of this lake stand the ruins of Koron Ghan, once a mighty city of Old Karredral. Devis, Rosa, Devon, and Travish are the latest adventurers to press beyond Varad’s territories and seek the ruined city’s secrets.

If your PC is among the brave or foolhardy souls here named, follow the link to the relevant Introduction thread. There, I’ll post a more detailed description of what’s going on as we begin each game, and what events or decisions have led each PC there. Once we’ve discussed that to everyone’s satisfaction, we will proceed to the games themselves.

Thank you once again to all who applied, and happy gaming.

Last edited by MemoryBeast; 04-12-2019 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:46 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 201
Sejik Sejik Sejik
So two questions.

One, do you have any feedback about the application so that I can improve it for next time? (You can send me a PM if you want.) I'm just looking for the next time so that I can not make any mistakes.

Two, are you going to be keeping anyone in reserve, either for if someone else withdraws from the active game or if you find that you're looking for a 3rd group perhaps?
Old 04-13-2019, 01:39 AM
Wreathed in Flame

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejik View Post
So two questions.

One, do you have any feedback about the application so that I can improve it for next time? (You can send me a PM if you want.) I'm just looking for the next time so that I can not make any mistakes.

Two, are you going to be keeping anyone in reserve, either for if someone else withdraws from the active game or if you find that you're looking for a 3rd group perhaps?
I don't think I'll be doing a third group - two is probably going to be maxing out what I can keep up with at the pace I want to run. Because of the West Marches style of the game, when the initial adventures are over, it's entirely possible that the groups will merge, split, find new members, etc. - but PbP being what it is, that's most likely weeks or months in the future, even in a fast-paced game. Should we get to a place where we need additional PCs, I'll reopen this thread.

I'll PM you about the other thing.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:45 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4374
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Congratulations, adventurers! Have fun!
Posting Status (June):June 1-7: Multiple times per workday (M-F); Maybe once to none on weekends; June 10-17: Next to none. Baby time!; June 18-24: From time to time, but also baby time; June 24-on: Multiple times per workday (M-F); Maybe once to none on weekends.