Old 04-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 566
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Another question: Would a cheap Transport also be possible instead of a Starfighter?
Yes, I would allow up to a YT-1300 light freighter (same type of ship as the Millennium Falcon, less Han's modifications) or another freighter of equivalent value.

Last edited by Kuroyama; 04-07-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6489
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
That particular ship may be a bit too recognisable for me personally - so I scouted the books and d6holocron for ships that were interesting but not so iconic, so my character (and by extension the whole group) could make them more their own. As much as the Yt series is great, it feels a bit too much like stepping into Solos shoes for me. Apart from ships that cost the same or less I was also specifically looking for ships that had a floorplan available somewhere, because that helps make it come alive for me more so than a description alone.

One ship I came across was the Kazellis Light Freighter, which I found had quite an interesting look. But I'm not entirely sure if that would have been out yet at the time. The holocron lists no era, but Star Wars Stock ships (p.29) says something about the production being stopped when the empire took over. So maybe a little too new, your call.

Same problem I have with the Ghtroc 720 Freighter. It also has a cool look, and at least the same era as the YT-1300 is listed in the holocron. It is also in the core book right after the Yt-1300, but wookiepedia does not clearly state a time of production.

My backup ideas would be either the Lantillian Short Hauler or the Barloz Medium Freighter. Both sound like they were before the 1300, and tick the rest of the boxes as well.

I'm not looking to get the best mechanically. I'm really more after a certain feel when it comes to the ship. If I wanted more bang for my buck I would simply opt for the 3-Z Light Freighter, the knockoff YT-1200 that does everything the 1300 does but for a lower price, and was clearly produced at the same time.

So anyway, tell me if any of these would work, or which wouldn't. Even if I don't end up making a ships captain the ruling may help somebody else who might want to.

Last edited by Phettberg; 04-10-2019 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:33 AM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1239
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
I have fond memories of the WEG books. I love that one of the classes is - Kid -
Old 04-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
ApplicationCharacter Name: Bote (Bow-the) Chaba
right-aligned image

Species: Baragwin
Profession: Ship Captain, Pilot, Trader
Bonus Choice: 1 - acquiring a Kazellis Light Freighter.

Detailing the Character:

Campaign Questions:

Last edited by Phettberg; 04-10-2019 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 188
Egeslean Egeslean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroyama View Post
Game SystemStar Wars D6 Revised, by West End Games. This is WEG40120, with the Millennium Falcon on the cover, not the fanmade update.
Do you happen to have a link to this, on any site? I've searched and found a few different versions, all with Millennium Falcon images on the cover and under the 'WEG40120' tag, but I couldn't find it on DriveThruRPG.com.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egeslean View Post
Do you happen to have a link to this, on any site? I've searched and found a few different versions, all with Millennium Falcon images on the cover and under the 'WEG40120' tag, but I couldn't find it on DriveThruRPG.com.
This link may help if you can't find the book anywhere! It's also on the D6 Holocron Wiki, which is a very handy site. http://www.d6holocron.com/downloads/books/WEG40120.pdf
Old 04-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 188
Egeslean Egeslean
Ahh, so that's the one. I found that one and one that seemed like a newer version also with the Millennium Falcon on the cover, so I wasn't sure which it was. (There was a third with an entirely different ship on the cover, so I dismissed that one.)
Old 04-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
gwythion
Piping up to express interest and see what roles people are interested in... App will be coming soon.

I was thinking of a starship thief, but if we have good chance of a ship-owner in the group this may not be the right game for that character...

It looks like nobody's actually lining up to play a Jedi, so maybe that...
Old 04-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwythion View Post
if we have good chance of a ship-owner in the group this may not be the right game for that character...
Since my character could also very very much do with more skills I may not be taking the ship anyway, just for your information. It depends a bit on the answer to my question about which ship the character could even have - but in general I can take it or leave it altogether for the starting character. One can acquire a ship during play, after all.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 969
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Kuro, any idea on an app deadline for this game?
Old 04-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 414
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Posting interest for sure.

Could I play a medical droid? I gave a glance to the manual and the classical 2-1B has like 36D from stock so I guess that's not allowed (also Move:4 ..yuk..).

I was thinking of an Imperial Medical Droid found by chance by the Republic forces and reactivated as they were in a pinch, so it would have less skill dice as it is an older model. (also, they probably added a vocal system to make it more versatile as a battle-medic).

yay or nay?
Old 04-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 969
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
For an interesting take on bots, I recommend reading the Murderbot Diaries if you haven't already. They're told from the standpoint of a nicer HK-47 type of bot.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
At this time, there is no set end date for recruitment. There's been a lot of interest expressed but only one actual application, so the game may be pulled if that doesn't change at some reasonable point in time.

Regarding ships, as I said, YT-1300 or a freighter or starfighter of equivalent value per the official rules. Anything from this particular era goes.

No droid characters at this time, unfortunately. You've pretty well elaborated upon the complications of creating one, and getting around that would require a homebrew race. I'd rather not do that with droids, because there are a million different types of droids and it opens the door to a lot of homebrewin' in the future.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:17 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1379
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Posting Interest here! Not too sure what kind of character I'll make for this, but I'll throw something together!
Old 04-09-2019, 11:20 PM
Wizards Only, Fools

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier
I'm working on an Ithorian Jedi.

When it comes to Stars Wars characters, I have to research the lore so I pinpoint what has and hasn't happened yet. Time permitting, I may even rewatch Attack of the Clones to refresh my memory. So you know, may the Force be with me.

Dim the Drowned|Dredethahal Tiasah|Mutant Crew
Tribulations of the Stag: King of Meads