RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 05:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8007
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Strongholds and Kingdoms: Laerakond

Applications are closed. Selection Process Has Finished.

Game NameStrongholds and Kingdoms: Laerakond
Game SystemDnD 5e

Team and PaceTeam is selected based on "Best Fit". Posting rate is 1/3 (One post every three days).

ThemeSurvive, Thrive and Protect-Expand Your Lands
FlavourHigh Fantasy Adventures in Laerakond with Strongholds and Followers

Plot Summary
Flavour Spotlight
How did you ever end up here? A boy from the streets of Lusken who happened to have a long-lost uncle that left him a lone keep in this very foreign land. The journey here had been long and adventurous.

The plan was simple - travel to the keep, sell it quickly for a little profit and then go home. It turned out that the people still in this place were strong, determined and dedicated to the family name. How could you just sell these lands out from under the generations of people that pledged themselves to this land and your family? It was harder than expected - much harder.

It would take hard work to restore the Keep.
A lot of it.

It would take defending the Lands for the family name.
There would be blood.

It would take venturing out to the surrounding dark and deep forests, and yielding from its ancient crypts and dungeons bounty to fill the coffers to fund the restoration.
As well as the expansion.

Dungeons, Dragons and the creatures of the dark, be damned.
This is your home now.

Game Concept: You play a character as usual. - but here is the twist. Due to your special circumstance, you have a Stronghold; either a Keep, a Tower, a Temple or a Establishment. In the future any of these could be come a Castle! Along with it comes followers that are either individuals or groups (units) of people that you are responsible for - both the care and feeding 'in-game' but also narratively.

Each player in this game has a relationship with another player due to proximity of their stronghold to each other or due to relationships. Yes, its true: Not all neighbors, friends and family get along - at least not all the time.

Why This Game?
I'm a huge fan of the player narrative. Recently I've come to appreciate the stories that can be told best in the PbP format. I have another game called Descent: A Dragon's Tale that really helped me see what can happen when you give one player more narrative real estate then a OTB game can usually handle - like the internal dialogue between a dragon and his person in Descent or between the character and his followers in this game.

I recently reviewed Strongholds and Followers and really liked how the system simplifies the old school concept of keeps and followers and realized that these could be yet another way to see the PbP format shine.

THIS IS NOT a strategic warfare game and you do not need Strongholds and Followers to play this game. Yes, there will be epic battles but this a narrative/thematic approach that doesn't require that you track unit movements, etc. etc. If you love stories - most likely you'll appreciate this approach. If you like detailed, tactical war games - you may not be happy with how we handle this.

How to apply
Your application starts from the Person's perspective. The layout format is yours to decide but I'm going to require a bit more than my usual (flavor only) approach. I hope you understand that this type of game is not for everyone so please bear with me if it takes a little longer to select players for this campaign and that I'm asking a bit more from an application.

1. Please read this before you apply: Its my gaming Foundational Principle and FAQ. If you have a problem with what you read there, please stop at this point and don't apply.

2. Character Concept: Tell us the story; how did you come by your stronghold? I'll leave you a few prompts below but please let this be a good example of what to expect from your writing. Tip: Go high on feeling and low on details.

* Did the chief of the Barbarian Camp suddenly die in battle and leave you - his heir in charge?
* Did you win this Bard's Theatre in a luckey game of Dragon Dice?
* Did your god announce that you'd be taking over an obscure Church in the wild frontier?
* Did you happen unto the ruins of an ancient Fighter's Fortress and claim it as your own?
* Did you win your way through mental and physical contest, entrance to the secret Monk's Monastery just to find it mysteriously abandoned?
* Did you receive a quest from your god to reclaim a previously forsaken Paladin's Chapel?
* Did your widowed mother have the dream of building her late husband's Ranger Lodge before she passed-on to her next life?
* Were you mistaken for the returned prodigal son of the village Rogue Tavern owner?
* Did the remote Sorcerer's Sanctum call to you after its master failed to return from the Pits of Lost Places?
* Did you sign a pact with the great creature to gain access to an ancient Warlock's Fane?
* Were you the last apprentice of the wonderous mage who not only gifted you your first arcane tome but also left you his Wizard's Tower and library?

3. A 3rd Level Character BUILD. Please don't do a full character sheet unless you REALLY want to - I know some of you like this part the most. I'm more interested in the build sheet. You may roll for your stats if you are feeling lucky! Use our character workshop and roller room for that purpose using the roll "4d6 drop 1 method."

Otherwise, use the 27-point buy system which includes the standard array.

If you'd like to coordinate with other interested player candidates (we all can't be Tabaxi Rogues with taverns can we?), you are welcome to chat each other up in the Character Workshop and Roller Room as well.

It's considered good form to link to your rolls if that is the option you take.
Also, once you decide the method (roll or take the average listed in the PHB) you are locked in to that method. We don't mix and match or decide after we see the rolls. Just pick a method and keep to it. That's all there is to that.

* Allowed Races/Classes/etc.?
Yes, if its PHB/Aarakocra are excluded.EEPC/SCAG/VGtM/MRoF.
No, if its UA/TTP/WGtE/GGrT.
* Human Variant? No.
* Optional Feat Rule? Not now; but will be available latter with some feats never allowed.
* Starting Gear: You get the items from your class and background AND the starting funds from the PHB. You may use the "buy back" at 50% and use your resources for any common items. You may also buy (if you can) up to 1 uncommon magic item and up to 2 common magic items. Include this in your build notes for simplicity.

On A Side Note

Here is an example of a first level (starting character) build:

Starting Stats: 15 12 13 8 17 16

The code I used to generate this is here (using the table feature):
Level Source Feature
1 Human Ability Scores each increase by +1
1 Human Speed 30
1 Human Language +Human, +Elvish
1 Cleric +10 HP (MAX)
1 Cleric Armor Pro: Light, medium, shields
1 Cleric Weapon Pro: Simple
1 Cleric Save: WIS CHA
1 Cleric +Persuasion, +History
1 Acolyte + Insight, +Religion
1 Acolyte Language +Dwarf, +Draconic
1 War Domain +War Priest
1 War Domain +Bonus Domain Spells (2)
1 War Domain +Heavy Armor Prof., +Martial Weapon Prof.

... You keep going to level three. You can also include your gear purchases/trades in the same build notes or in a separate table - your preference.

Here is a copy of the BB code I used to make the table above. You are welcome to copy/paste it if it helps.

[TABLE]Level | Source | Feature
1| Human | Ability Scores each increase by +1
1 | Human | Speed 30
1 | Human | Language +Human, +Elvish
1 | Cleric | +10 HP (MAX)
1 | Cleric | Armor Pro: Light, medium, shields
1 | Cleric | Weapon Pro: Simple
1 | Cleric | Save: WIS CHA
1 | Cleric | +Persuasion, +History
1 | Acolyte | + Insight, +Religion
1 | Acolyte | Language +Dwarf, +Draconic
1 | War Domain | +War Priest
1 | War Domain | +Bonus Domain Spells (2)
1| War Domain | +Heavy Armor Prof., +Martial Weapon Prof.
[/TABLE]

4. Your Stronghold banner or Sigil and Words:

right-aligned image
Your Banner/Sigil: You can describe it or even better - show us!
What does it mean? Where did it come from? Does it belong to your forefathers, your patrons, or is it personal to you?

Iconography of your character's brand could be the Sigil of your house if you are focusing on your family roots or if your character is focusing on their martial might, perhaps it's a full Coat of Arms. To the cleric or druid types out there, it might your personal version of your god's symbol - your holy item. Again, this is totally up to you but it will be the symbol that establishes your presence in an area and is used for treaty, trade, your follower's and unit's banners, and so on. Be sure it's something you won't get tired of seeing!

Your Words: "Winter Is Coming", "The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway" - just kidding with that last one.
What is your bannerman's cry? What oath do you swear by as your sally forth into battle?

If you need help with your Coat of Arms, Banner or Sigil, see my resource page for easy to use generators - I esp. like the new GOT Sigil/Banner generator.

That's all there is to it!!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with and as always, if you have questions or would like more details, please post them below.

Num Sigil Words: Battle Cry Stronghold Character Race Class Alignment Player Status
1Skull fress point, Ar Lead To Light Or Blood Temple Picah Verossa Half-Elf Paladin, Oath of Vengeance Lawful Neutral Odyssey COMPLETED
2Sable stylized geometric fess point, purple dexter, gules sinister Strength, Knowledge, Planning Chapel Ysara Darcmantle Yuan-ti Pureblood Forge Cleric Neutral Rylus COMPLETED
3Serpent head cabossed Az, Two inverted sickles in saltire sable, Chevron sable, Honour point Or, dexter and sinister gules Aim once, strike true Keep Lumarth Half-orc Eldritch Knight Fighter Chaotic Neutral Retry SELECTED
4Sigil Words Stronghold Character Race Class Alignment Olympia incomplete
5Sable, Purpure chevron, argent Griffin passant Who Dares, wins Keep Cesheria Human Hexblade Warlock Neutral Drachenspirit COMPLETED
6Harp fess point, vert Boldly going Keep Baralin, the Mirage Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) Chaotic Good Raizen SELECTED
7Gules Sable Dancy, Lion passant Honour point, Argent Gorget navel point Night has fallen: WE SHALL RISE Keep Roem Terengath Human Moon Druid Chaotic Good Begon Ugo SELECTED
8Sigil Words Tower Character Human Wizard Chaotic Neutral Kuroyama withdrawn
9Sigil Words Stronghold Balkas Ethanasath Race Class Alignment delpinator incomplete
10Sigil Words Stronghold Character Race Class Alignment kymrel Withdrawn
11Argent flower fess point, pales Or For the destruction of evil and the preservation of life Tower Valerie Human Sorcerer Alignment MurderInParidise COMPLETED
12Stylized Crimson Feather, Ball of Flame, all fess point, 4 sable Stars in orle, Or Fire Dies, Smoke Stays Keep Jaarl Banstark Human Eldritch Knight Fighter Chaotic Good Vathe SELECTED
13Sigil Strength of the mountain: Forward the clan! Stronghold Nitem Id Nil Dwarf Paladin Lawful Good Firecat withdrawn
14Or Rising Sun Fess point, Ar Crescent navel point, Vert We are ever Vigil Keep Rivondir High Elf Monster Slayer Ranger Lawful Neutral Torack COMPLETED
15Sable rampant Griffin, per bend sinister, Or dexter, gules sinister No Glory without survival Keep Constance Edgewater Human Cleric Neutral Good Xalnaga SELECTED
16A royal blue and black checkered background with a silver hawk in diving position in the middle For honor and valor Keep Zangim Horzu Wrewin Mertix Waryur Orumorn Rock Gnome Ranger Lawful Good SargntSprinkles COMPLETED
17Twany stag rampant fess point, Vert. Deeds, Not Words Keep Ronin Buckman Half-Elf Druid Chaotic Good Treble83 COMPLETED
18Mark: A small sphinx, branded in a discreet place on the body In everything, opportunity Establishment Three Coins Kenku Rogue/Monk Neutral Berith SELECTED
196-sided lantern displaying a flam In service, we light the beacon for the people Keep Ornan Savan Human Way of the Open Hand Neutral Good Solitaire64 COMPLETED
20Purpure, Six Bells argent (3,2,1) A King Returns Keep Thorvald Aasimar Barbarian None tomplum SELECTED
21Azure flame fess point, Pointing Hand inset fess point azure, Or Not all that is gold does glitter; Do not hoard your knowledge, and encourage creativity in magic in all ways and at all times Tower (or Temple) Percival Half-Elf Cleric Lawful Neutral Gualdarrama COMPLETED
22Azure dragon head sinister chief, Azure six eye castle dexter chief, Honor point argent, navel point sable, dead tree middle base Fear Pools in the Swamp Keep (Barbarian Camp) Umbrus Fenmire Half-Orc Barbarian None Numen Wraith Withdrawn
23Argent piles, Azure Ever we defend; Froth the waves, churn the sea! Tower Kadulin Kadulin Sorcerer Lawful Good PopCultureBard SELECTED
24Argent peacock fess point, Sable pale, Ar Words: Battle Cry Tower Ritter Quillen Human Warlock Chaotic Good Stadiumite COMPLETED
25Phoenix fess point, a sun emblazoned Light Shines Eternal Tower Jewel of the Mountain Tabaxi Illusionist Wizard Chaotic Good Lazer SELECTED
26Per bend sinister argent and vert, in dexter chief a thistle in its proper colors, in sinister base an open book or Sow seeds, reap words Tower Ryn Khaled Half-elf Rogue 2 / Archfey Warlock 1 Undeclared oztk COMPLETED
27Sable dragon head dexter chief, Sable dragon head honor point. per bend sinister. Dexter Vert, Sinister sable The brighter the light that shines, the deeper the shadow that falls. Tower Balinach High Elf Warlock Lawful Evil Arkaon COMPLETED
28Vert, a fox salient sinister argent, on a Quarter a lotus flower vert. Bloom through Adversity Establishment Leslenna Half-Eladrin Bard Alignment RainbowMagicPen SELECTED
29Rules, Honour point phoenix argent, Navel point flame ball argent We Shall Rise Tower Sumashya Human Wizard Lawful Evil Tydorei COMPLETED
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Forgotten Lands.png
Views:	499
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	79703  

Last edited by savoylen; 05-12-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1925
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
So, with the rolls I got, I’m going to go with a ‘King Arthur’-esk origin here. The ‘ordinary, nobody pulls the sword from the stone,’ except Picah touched an ancient artifact and it called him to rebuild an old (perhaps forgotten?) order. Picah might pull it off even if he isn't so...Smart...And has no experience. Dedicated, though. Maybe that'll make up for it! Quick! Get an alliance? I also like the contrast that some sweet kid is now apart of some crazy Oath (and a creepy emblem)

Picah 'Jinxed' Verossa

left-aligned image

Name Picah ‘Jinxed’ Verossa
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Paladin, Oath of Vengence
Background: Urchin
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Backstory/Concept: The Black Watch. Warriors of Vengence. Dark Knights. They once had many names-- the order now long forgotten and lost beneath the mountains. The empty temples’ halls and streets whisper the past of these great Oath takers of retribution. Prevalent at their hight of power and at great cost to themselves, these Paladin stood between those who would do harm to those who were weak.

At least, that’s what Picha had heard in the stories. These very mountains home to something as grand as that! And now he had found it...By a happy accident! Finally! He was due some good fortune for once in his life! A temple had called to him specifically, like a tug on his soul. Bounding up countless steps, he reached the vast hall where birds called home. Perched in the crevices of the gigantic carved status of warriors past. Picha found a pool of crystal clear water turned blood-red by a deep glow resting at the bottom of the shallow well.

He was moved more by curiosity, and the resonance within him. It was like it called to him. It was only when he reached his hand in that a searing, hot pain flashed his sight to brilliant white. A voice boomed inside his head, echoing words that were neither man nor woman.

“No mercy for the wicked! Lead those to light or lead them to blood. Picha, Oath-taker of Vengeance. Conquer those who should stand against you, and stand for those who cannot. Bring those who are low up beside you, bring them power. Crush those who should be against you, bring them death.”

This is what purpose was. Meaning. This was it. He had been lead here for a reason, certainly, this was no accident. Other’s must have the same calling-- the need for a purpose beyond simply existence, right!? Plus, he could help people too. He would find others like him...He could make this place somewhere safe, a place for people nowhere else to go, and people who wanted to fight for more than themselves.

Words: LEAD TO LIGHT OR BLOOD: Make a stand no matter the cost to yourself. Fight the powerful who would be wicked. Make battle against the violent slaughtering of innocence. Dark knights will show no mercy in making right the grievous deed.

Battle Cry: LIVE GREAT. DIE BETTER.

Final Ability Scores: Str 12, Dex 13, Con 11, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 13 (12,12,11,6,10,10)
right-aligned image

Level Source Feature
1 Half-Elf Charisma Score increase by +2
1 Half-Elf Two other Ability Scores of your choice by +1
1 Half-Elf Speed 30
1 Half-Elf Darkvision 60ft
1 Half-Elf Language Common, Elvish +Celestial
1 Half-Elf Advantage on saving throws against being charmed and cannot be put to sleep
1 Half-Elf You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice
1 Paladin +11 HP (MAX)
1 Paladin Armor Pro: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, Shields
1 Paladin Weapon Pro: Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons
1 Paladin Save: Wis Cha
1 Paladin Tools: None
1 Paladin +Persuasion +Medicine
1 Urchin + Sleight of Hand, +Stealth
1 Urchin Tool Pro: Disguise kit, thieves’ tools
1 Paladin Devine Sense, Lay on Hands
2 Paladin +2 1st level spell slots
2 Paladin Fighting Style, Spellcasting, Devine Smite
3 Paladin Devine Health, +1 1st level spell slots: 3 total
3 Vengeance Oath Spells expanded
3 Vengeance Channel Divinity

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 04-10-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Woah! This is a REALLY COOL idea! I might throw my hat into the ring! (ノ°▽°)ノ
Cool beans! Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be updating post #1 about regional information (I already have a PM on that one).

Nice to meet you!!

- Savoy
Old 04-06-2019, 06:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2551
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
I have wanted to play with the strongholds and follower rules since i was a kickstarter member...still waiting on my hard copy but i have the PDF.

Name:
Ysara Darcmantle

Race:
Yuan-ti Pureblood
Class:
ForgeCleric
Alignment:
Neutral
Crest

Words:
'Strength, Knowledge, Planning.'

Backstory: Ysara was born in the western jungles of Laerakond to a strong tribe of yuan-ti, her father was the leader of the tribe and for a long time it peaceful coexisted with the tribes around them. When Ysara was born her father wanted to give his daughter the world and so he started to conquer the tribes nearest him with ease. After each tribe was assimilated her father took time to allow them to fit in before taking the next which gave great stability to the tribe as it grew. All of this changed when Ysara turned eight and started to tinker with things and watching the few blacksmiths the tribe had. within four years Ysara began creating weapons and armor of great craftsmanship. Emboldened by his daughter's success her father sped up the campaign to take over Laerakond to give to her as a birthright.

Everything went very well for the tribe for the first six years but soon after that the tribe ran into the dwarves of the mountains and the advance was halted by the stubborn sturdy dwarves. Ysara was told by the god of the forge that her people were destined to be destroyed, that in order to survive she would have to have a place of faith. Ysara told her father that Gond had commanded her to build a chapel at the base of the mountains near the rivers. Her father didn't like that his daughter was taking orders form anyone except him but with pledging she convinced him and he had it built.

After it was built she wanted it to be forgotten by her tribe in order to keep it save through what she new was coming. Through deception and diplomacy she convinced her father to take everyone and leave. She followed and fought side by side with her tribesmen for six more years and in the end the conquest was a stalemate, the tribes won some and the dwarves won some which angered her father. Ysara stopped giving her father advice as was requested by Gond as well as starting to distance herself over the next few weeks. Soon Ysara was at the back-lines of the conquest preaching to everyone who listened and that's where she started to establish herself as a leader.

The conquest ended as many dwarven clans descended from the mountains and just rolled over the tribes without much trouble, killing the tribe leader, his guard, and his most aggressive soldiers and sending most of the rest running back to their old lands. As the dust settled the dwarven army came against one finale group of Yuan-ti but this one was different, this one was lead by a calm and level headed. She and those who followed her held out against three separate attacks without losing a single warrior, which gave them pause. Ysara used that pause to negotiate with the dwarven leaders, and she was able to garner a safe place for herself and her followers on the condition that the dwarves could send people to check in on them whenever they choose. Ysara agreed and took her followers, followed by several units of dwarves, back to the chapel she had her father built the craftsmanship astounded the dwarves who started to regret giving her the land but it was already an agreement that was made.

Level Source Feature
1 Yuan-ti Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 2, and your Intelligence score increases by 1.
1 Yuan-ti Speed 30
1 Yuan-ti Darkvision 60ft
1 Yuan-ti Innate Spellcasting: You know the poison spray cantrip. You can cast animal friendship an unlimited number of times with this trait, but you can target only snakes with it. Starting at 3rd level, you can also cast suggestion with this trait. Once you cast it, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
1 Yuan-ti Magic Resistance. You have advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
1 Yuan-ti Poison Immunity. You are immune to poison damage and the poisoned condition.
1 Yuan-ti Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Abyssal, and Draconic
1 Noble Skill Proficiencies: History, Persuasion
1 Noble Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set
1 Noble Languages: One of your choice
1 Noble Equipment: A set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, and a purse containing 25 gp
1 Noble Feature: Position of Privilege Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.
1 Cleric Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
1 Cleric Weapons: All simple weapons
1 Cleric Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
1 Cleric Skills: Choose two: Insight, Religion.
1 Cleric Spellcasting, Divine Domain
1 Cleric Cantrips Known: 3, 1st: 2
1 Forge Domain Domain Spells: 1st Identify, Searing Smite
1 Forge Domain Bonus Proficiencies When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain proficiency with heavy armor and smith's tools.
1 Forge Domain Blessing of the Forge At 1st level, you gain the ability to imbue magic into a weapon or armor. At the end of a long rest, you can touch one nonmagical object that is a suit of armor or a simple or martial weapon. Until the end of your next long rest or until you die, the object becomes a magic item, granting a +1 bonus to AC if it’s armor or a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls if it’s a weapon. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
2 Cleric Channel Divinity (1/rest), Divine Domain feature
2 Cleric 1st: +1
2 Forge Domain Channel Divinity: Artisan's Blessing Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to create simple items. You conduct an hour-long ritual that crafts a nonmagical item that must include some metal: a simple or martial weapon, a suit of armor, ten pieces of ammunition, a set of tools, or another metal object. The creation is completed at the end of the hour, coalescing in an unoccupied space of your choice on a surface within 5 feet of you. The thing you create can be something that is worth no more than 100 gp. As part of this ritual, you must lay out metal, which can include coins, with a value equal to the creation. The metal irretrievably coalesces and transforms into the creation at the ritual’s end, magically forming even nonmetal parts of the creation. The ritual can create a duplicate of a nonmagical item that contains metal, such as a key, if you possess the original during the ritual.
3 Cleric 1st: +1, 2nd: +2
3 Forge Domain 3rd: Heat Metal, Magic Weapon
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ysara Darcmantle.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	79711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Darcmantle crest.png
Views:	396
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	79712  
Family emergency, think i have PM'ed all the games i am in but just in case i will put it here as well. I am currently in a medical center with a family member. Posting will be slow to nonexistent for the near future.

Last edited by Rylus; 04-08-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylus View Post
I have wanted to play with the strongholds and follower rules since i was a kickstarter member...still waiting on my hard copy but i have the PDF.
Nice! If we can survive long enough, perhaps we can even work in the sequel, Kingdoms & Warfare.

I hope you'll consider applying!

Please let me know if you have questions.

- Savy
Old 04-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4942
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
This looks pretty darn fun!
Going to put a place holder here and should have something fleshed out come Monday.
What is the deadline for apps?

Application: Lumarth
right-aligned image
Name: Lumarth
Race:Half-orc
Class: Fighter, Eldritch Knight
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance: Not the tallest or most muscular among his tribal-kin. On the contrary, he's fairly small and lean in build. Just enough muscle to be considered average and handle typical tribal work but not enough to take down a wild boar on his own, no. Cloaking himself in dirty grey and tan wolf pelts to give the illusion of bulk to his body and hiding the numerous scars his weakness have earned him through the years. His salt and pepper hair is quickly starting the thin and recede on his slightly wrinkled scalp as the years are beginning to catch up and show on his light green half-orc skin. Both of his tusks snapped off at his jaw line causing his lip to puff out ever so slightly at both sides of the mouth encompassing the stub of where the tusks once were. One soft brown eye peers out from a face that seems to have a permanent scowl, the other eye coated in a cataract causing it have a murky brown hue about it, not seeing a thing in years.

Backstory/Concept:

Words:Aim once, strike true. - Everything has a tender point. Everything. Even the tallest mountain or most fortified keep. The key to victory is learning that point and striking before they knew what hit them. Just like a viper.

Banner:

Attribute: STR +2 from racial13, DEX 10, CON +1 from racial12, INT 16, WIS 15, CHA 12 {the rolls}
Build:

For fun!~Extra: Theme Song

Last edited by Retry; 04-10-2019 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Added a theme because I couldn't stop myself :p
Old 04-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 327
Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia
Whoa! Sounds awesome! Very intrigued...

Can I ask what the general posting expectations are? Both in terms of frequency and length?
Old 04-06-2019, 07:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
This looks pretty darn fun!
Going to put a place holder here and should have something fleshed out come Monday.
What is the deadline for apps?
Thanks - I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with this too!!

I'm going to Aim with have every one selected and tucked away in their new homes by April 26th. I'll update the first post with that info. - so thanks for bringing that up!

If it becomes obvious who the selectees are before then, we'll get started sooner... and if it gets crazy and hard in might be a bit latter.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated so there are no surprises for anyone.

- Savoy
Old 04-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Whoa! Sounds awesome! Very intrigued...

Can I ask what the general posting expectations are? Both in terms of frequency and length?
Good one! I'll be sure to update the first post. I like a fast-paced game (in PbP terms)... so that is 1/3 - one post by the end of the third day. Depending how that rolls out, that's two week day posts and one over the weekend - ish. Of course, if you've already posted 3 times that week - take the weekend off!

As for length... that's a hard one. Quality is paramount. I'm looking for people who like to tell stories. You are largely going to be writing about your stronghold even while we are adventuring elsewhere. That's going to take a few words - but your writing style is your own.

I'm find with breaks - so be sure to let the team know that your disappearing and we'll cover for you!

In the summer, there will be about a three week break - toward the end of July. I do humanitarian relief projects in various places. This year, I'll be in Asia (normally I'm in the USA).

I hope that got your question. I hope to see an app from you!

- Savy

Last edited by savoylen; 04-06-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:24 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9156
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Cesheria

Race: Human

Class: Warlock, Hexblade

Physical Description: Cesh is a bit hard to pin down on looks alone. At first glance some may think she's of the Shou ethnic group, but her larger build and height, combined with her dusky to olive skin tone suggests Tethyrian ethnicity. She has a warrior's athletic build at six foot tall, combined with a beautiful face, deep honey colored eyes, straight black long hair and a disarming smile. It is rather easy for most to follow her if they like what she's saying.
When about her business she wears decorative, but quite functional medium mixed plate armor and a helm, polished and adorned in purple. The look is topped off with an elaborate helm, and a deadly looking Glaive.

Words: Who Dares, wins

Tower/Keep: As described above

First Day on the Job: Cesh was taking a much needed bath, and to top it off it was a huge vat-tub filled with hot water. Soaps and perfumes were arrayed on a table next to the tub, along with a huge robe. Another older woman came in and placed a brush on the table, opening her mouth to say something. Cesh held her hand up and canted her head, looking away. This had been the upteenth time that someone had come in and disturbed her and she was getting testy.
The woman left without a word.

"Now that ought ta do it", she said aloud and began scrubbing herself.

She chuckled slightly, in disbelief of her luck, but knowing it could change in a moment. She glanced at her large crossbow, having freaked all of them out when her halberd disappeared with but a word from her. She tried to get them to leave her armor and garments be, but they took them to get cleaned and polished.
She smiled again, and sighed contentedly.
A song came to mind and she began to Signing Proficiency +6. No rolling in dice thread though.softly sing it. She changed the words to suit herself.

"Hail to the Queen we have chosen for the tower,
Hail to the Queen! We salute her, one and all.
Hail to the Queen, as she takes a bath, no shower
She slayed the mage while running from the squall.

Hers is the aim to make her life much grander,
This she will do, after scrubbing to be clean.
Hail to the one they selected as commander,
Hail to the Empress! Hail to the Queen!"

As she began the second stanza, she leaned back and closed her eyes. Finishing the last line, holding the note for a long time, she ended it abruptly. She took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Empress Cesheria. Do you have evening-"

Cesh jumped up and stood in the tub, showing her full nakedness as she yelled out, "CURSE A KOBOLD ON A KRAKEN! What in the nine hells... Are you trying to scare me, the first night of our freedom?"

The woman bowed and apologized profusely, as Cesh slipped back into the water. She finally spoke and said, "I think you were about to ask me what I wanted to wear for the evening and to sleep in? Surprise me. And something nice if you can find it. And please, feed and care for yourselves. I'll be fine."

The woman bowed and made to leave. As she reached the door, Cesh spoke with her eyes closed. "Oh. And I like the Empress thing. Spread the word."

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 04-25-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:44 PM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2083
Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen
This seems like a really cool game. I have a character concept in mind, but I'm not sure how detailed you need us to be. The character I'm thinking about is a marine whose led a successful career, but one full of controversies and run-ins with their superiors. She pretty much carries out her orders using tactics a pirate might favor and is rather controversial herself.

My idea for how she ended up with a keep is that she gets assigned to maintain it as a sort of pseudo-punishment and to keep her out of her superior officer's hair for a while. But she is not the sort to take to something with half-measure and dives into the assignment with full gusto.

Would you say this fits in with the theme you're going for? How much information are you looking for? I've been known to get a little zealous at times. >.>

Last edited by Raizen; 04-06-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
This seems like a really cool game....
Awesome... thanks!

Quote:
My idea for how she ended up with a keep is that she gets assigned to... Would you say this fits in with the theme you're going for?
Absolutely. The classical pirate ship is considered to be something like the Barbarian's Camp.. but unlike them, the ships get faster as they get larger!

There are so many options here (good job!). We should consider...
* Pirate ship assigned to the Forgotten Shores as a mobile base
* The Pirate Fortress
* The Inland Garrison
* The Hidden Keep

It really depends on how you'd like to interact with the others and how you see her struggling with her own internal conflicts.

I think any of those would be a blast - but don't limit yourself. If you have another idea, run with it!

- Savy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Girrrrrr.PNG
Views:	454
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	79704  

Last edited by savoylen; 04-06-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8299
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Roem
left-aligned image

Name, Race, Class: Roem Terengath, Human, Moon Druid

Alignment: Chaotic good

Backstory:The cracked grey cobblestone rambles on through twists and turns, the sagging structures on either side wilted and casting grasping shadows along the path. The stomach turning stench of rancid flesh hangs heavy in the air and you can hear the gentle lapping of brackish water splashing against the rotting dock obscured in the mist ahead. You pause in the middle of the broken path, and slowly turn around in an attempt to get your bearings. A loud creaking sound erupts in protest from beside you and you whip back around, startled. Before you is a decrepit, hunched over old man. His long greasy hair drapes over an impossibly curved back, while he wrenches open a partially collapsed rusted iron gate. He cackles at your evident discomfort and tosses a wooden bucket full of offal in your direction, the waste splashing on your weathered boots.

Welcome to Terengath...indeed, you think as you emphatically shake the filth from your legs. The once grand trading town on the coast of the sea is no longer. After the Tremors had catastrophically reformed the land, Terengath has become landlocked, now wasting away on the banks of a huge fetid swamp. In the years since the last tremor, the city has begun to be abandoned to the elements, all those with sense beginning to leave for more hospitable climes. As civilization and justice retreat headlong from Terengath, those of ill repute stay and try to set down deep roots of greed and bile that threaten to spread throughout the region.
right-aligned image

A slightly acidic mist fills the air of the city, drifting in from the depths of the Bogamir, irritating any exposed skin while making your chest reflexively heave in great rattling coughs. Your face covered, you continue walking down the rambling pathway, knowing that the deserted city before you is a charade. The rundown time worn buildings themselves look to be empty and devoid of life, but the underground labyrinth of flood pipes and sewage tunnels teem with activity. The scurrying sounds echo from below and are clearly audible on the streets above. Whatever it is that calls the moldy depths its home makes no attempt at subterfuge. There is no reason for it to do so...it belongs here...you do not. Your family, royal though they were, perished in the cataclysm. You did not belong then… what makes you think you belong now? The half sunken black stone tower, leaning as if gasping for air, lies ahead in the distance... your families seat of power. Will you... or can you claim it?

Words: Night has fallen. Nature does not lean towards life or death... She is neutral... the scales are balanced. If you wish to survive... do so... Act! To do nothing is to accept the inevitability that is death. The city of Terengath has recently accepted its fate. No more! Now we shall act... we shall bend no longer. We will survive.
Bannerman Cry WE SHALL RISE!"

Final Ability Scores: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 17,Int 11, Wis 17, Cha15 (16,16,14,14,10,9)
right-aligned image

Level Source Feature
1 Human Ability Scores each increase by +1
1 Human Speed 30
1 Human Language +Human, +Elvish
1 Druid +11 HP (MAX)
1 Druid Armor Pro: light armor, medium armor, shields, no metal
1 Druid Weapon Pro: clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
1 Druid Save: Int Wis
1 Druid Tools: Herbalism kit
1 Druid +Perception, +Arcana
1 Noble + History, +Persuasion
1 Noble Language +Orc
1 Druid +Druidic Language
1 Druid + 2 Cantrips, +2 1st level spell slots
2 Moon + 2x Combat Wild Shape 1CR / Short Rest
2 Moon +1 1st level spell slots: 3 total
3 Moon +1 1st level spell slots: 4 total, +2 2nd level spell slots: 2 total

Last edited by Begon Ugo; 04-25-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2083
Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen
Thanks for the quick feedback, Savy! What do you mean the application starts from the Person's perspective. Are we supposed to apply in character?
Old 04-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Thanks for the quick feedback, Savy! What do you mean the application starts from the Person's perspective. Are we supposed to apply in character?
No worries... that's what I here for!

You certainly can - I'm being very flexible with the format though Begon Ugo's off to a great start in the previous post if you'd like to see what I'm impressed by.

Use the prompts I gave as inspiration but feel free to go your own way on the presentation of your vision.

Truely, as long as the info is there, you can't make a mistake on formating.

If you are interested in selection criteria, I always go with story, then mechanics.

I hope that helps!

- Savy