RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begon Ugo View Post
Also are we using 4d6 drop the lowest for rolls?...
Thanks for the app... you are already looking great! (As usual buddy)
Yes, if you are rolling its 4d6 drop lowest.

- Savy
Old 04-06-2019, 09:58 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6823
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Okay! So I updated the character build. I can't seem to fix the formatting on 2 rows? I'll keep trying
Old 04-06-2019, 10:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 566
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Posting a placeholder to be filled in ASAP. Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard with stereotypical tower choice is on its way!

Last edited by Kuroyama; 04-06-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Okay! So I updated the character build. I can't seem to fix the formatting on 2 rows? I'll keep trying
No worries... I'll clean that up for you. Tip: If your table gets crazy on you, you can use a "pike" ( | ) to declare the column breaks.
I hope that helps. (Use the "quote" option below to see the edited version and use if you wish.)

Your doing AWESOME work btw, I can't to see how you finish up.

Final Ability Scores: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 17,Int 11, Wis 17, Cha15 (16,16,14,14,10,9)
Level Source Feature
1 Human Ability Scores each increase by +1
1 Human Speed 30
1 Human Language +Human, +Elvish
1 Druid +11 HP (MAX)
1 Druid Armor Pro: light armor, medium armor, shields, no metal
1 Druid Weapon Pro: clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
1 Druid Save: Int Wis
1 Druid Tools: Herbalism kit
1 Druid +Perception, +Arcana
1 Noble + History, +Persuasion
1 Noble Language +Orc
1 Druid +Druidic Language
1 Druid + 2 Cantrips, +2 1st level spell slots
2 Moon + 2x Combat Wild Shape 1CR / Short Rest
2 Moon +1 1st level spell slots: 3 total
3 Moon +1 1st level spell slots: 4 total, +2 2nd level spell slots: 2 total

I'm going to edit the original post to show this method since it will be the most stable approach.

I hope that helps, Savy

Last edited by savoylen; 04-06-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroyama View Post
Posting a placeholder to be filled in ASAP. Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard with stereotypical tower choice is on its way!
Nice choice... who doesn't love a classic like the wizards tower? Can't wait to see what you do with the place!

- Savy
Old 04-07-2019, 12:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I've updated the OP to include some more resources (due to a lot of PMs!).
- Savoy
Old 04-07-2019, 01:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator

Last edited by delpinator; 04-07-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:04 AM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2063
Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen
Using this as a WIP/placeholder:

Baralin, the Mirage
right-aligned image
Name: Baralin, the Mirage
Race: Half-elf
Class: Rogue (Swashbuckler)
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Character Concept: So, this was the place they were exiling her to? It wasn't as shabby as she had expected all way out here in the boondocks. No, the shambling vessel called out to Baralin in a way. Her motto had always been to make the best of any situation and this would be no different. What would she call it? Her superiors seemed to hold no interest in that matter. The memory of receiving her orders still managed to summon a wry grin to her lips. They had called the group she was leading a 'special expedition force', but she saw it for what it was: banishment for everyone they had branded trouble makers. And she was the head rabble-rouser.

There would be no half-measures on her part. If they wanted her to get this excuse for a mobile fortress back in tip-top shape, then that's exactly what she would do. There were few things that pleased Baralin more than when she defied expectations. And here they expected her to rot away into oblivion; forgotten forever. No. She would seize this challenge by the horns and drive it into prosperity. Boldly going, as they say...

Baralin has led an unorthodox life to say the least. From the half-elf's unusual tactics in battle to her insistence on wearing male clothing, no one has ever accused her of being boring. More than once she has been accused of breaking the rules of engagement, but she would say it was just 'thinking outside the box'. Growing up in Baldur's Gate she had to learn quickly that those without imagination were the first to die. She would carry that lesson with her the rest of her life as she traveled the world including into her military career. Never a firm believer in the concept of honor, she would often indulge in methods similar to those of the bandits and pirates she was supposed to be catching. Eventually, however, that reputation would lead Baralin to her current predicament in Laerakond. Building up some abandoned outpost in the ass-end of nowhere.

Build:

Banner and Words: Baralin's banner comes from the nickname for her military unit, the Harpies. Originally meant to be belittling, they were named so for all the "noise" they made during what was supposed to be rather simple task. Baralin embraced the name, claiming their racket was the most beautiful music you could ever hope to hear.

'Boldly going...'

Last edited by Raizen; 04-09-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:42 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1396
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Interesting game concept. I'll have a think about what kind of character would fit.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:28 AM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Quick question: Starting money is the amount from the players handbook? so in lieu of equipment we can roll for money? or we get equipment and money? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2019, 08:40 AM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
I do believe I am complete. Added Motto explanation and Bannerman cry. Will update equipment and such soon.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 295
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Posting interest, and getting to work on an app right away!
Old 04-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 295
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Valerie

FluffName: Valerie.
Race: Human.
Class: Sorcerer.
Alignment: NG.
Sigil: A white flower in front of a sunset with beautiful hues of orange and pink. Many think it was the family crest of Valerie's father, however the flower represented a stronger, older, and more corrupted house that was controlling them until their destruction.
Words: "For the destruction of evil and the preservation of life!"
Background: Valerie's story doesn't start with her. Some families have left legacies for their children to live up to- but sometimes the legacies are within their blood. Valerie was adopted at birth- she doesn't know who her birth parents were. Her adoptive parents were merchants, and she had five siblings, that now have children of their own. They all lived in one big house that just kept getting bigger. But her upbringing can't hide what she was born to become, obvious or otherwise.
On her birth father's side she found her sorcerous blood- powers that are as a part of her as her freckles. On her birth mother's side she is descended from a long line of tyrants, murderers, and general horrible evildoing people. Of course, she knows nothing of this, and hates hurting people without reason. Sometimes corruption can become so ingrained in a family's bloodline that it becomes just as natural as sorcerous powers. When the stress of leadership takes its toll, will she be able to handle the pressure?
Valerie is married to a half-elf named Casmir (sometimes referred to as Casmir the Horrible when he teases his nieces and nephews,) and they have a 16 month old daughter named Gretel. Valerie is also 1 month pregnant with their second child. Her adopted sister's husband's best friend is an accomplished cleric that was able to tell right away. The young family is excited for another member of their family.
Thankfully the small castle she inherited was from her (relatively normal,) father, but evil lurks around every corner- unaware that the darkness inside her may eclipse it entirely.

RP Sample "Goodbye! We'll see you soon! Don't forget to write!" Shouted Valerie, waving her extended family goodbye. The cart was already pretty far away and they had all but shrunken to mere spots on the horizon. She settled into the hay beside her husband Casmir who wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Gretel was sitting down too, babbling and gesturing wildly. She didn't know too many words yet- she was a walker, not a talker.
Just a week earlier on Tuesday the first surprise had come. They had found out that she was pregnant again, hopefully with a boy. Valerie had always wanted a girl and a boy. Then on Thursday, Valerie had received news that she had inherited a keep from her birth father. Next on Sunday, Gretel became able to walk without holding onto something. It is more of a waddle really, but her parents were very proud.
"Honey, why don't you tell Gretel the big news?" Asked Valerie.
"What news?" Asked Casmir, who was already eating an apple. She could tell that he knew very well what she was referring to, he always pulled jokes like this.
"THE news?"
"Oh yes! This morning on the road I found a lucky copper!" Valerie sighed and grabbed the apple out of his hand, while Gretel laughed. "Gretel, you're getting a little brother or sister!"
"Diaper!" Exclaimed Gretel. Her parents laughed and got ready for a long journey.

CrunchStarting stats: 18, 10, 11, 16, 12, 13.
Level Source Feature
1 Human +1 to all ability scores.
1 Human 30ft speed.
1 Human Languages +common +orc
1 Sorcerer Weapon pro- Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
1 Sorcerer Saves: CON, CHA
1 Sorcerer Persuasion, Insight
1 Sovereign Bonus Cantrip
1 Sovereign Divine Resistances
1 Sage Arcana, History
1 Sage Celestial, Sylvan
2 Sorcerer Font of Magic (3pts)
3 Sorcerer Metamagic Subtle Spell and Extended Spell

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 04-17-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Quick question: Starting money is the amount from the players handbook? so in lieu of equipment we can roll for money? or we get equipment and money? Thanks!
Equipement AND the Money.

Should decide to Sell Back Equipment so you use the funds for buying even better gear, do so at 50%.

You can use the money to by any common items found in the resources I listed.

If you want magic items you may have also buy (if you can) up to 1 uncommon magic item and up to 2 common magic items.

Bank any unused funds for latter.

I hope that helps!
Old 04-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I do believe I am complete. Added Motto explanation and Bannerman cry. Will update equipment and such soon.
WOW... you get the quickest out of the chute award!! Thanks for you hard work on this - it looks fantastic!

I've marked your app COMPLETED on my tracking sheet (post one) but feel free to tweak, change, etc. as you wish - all the way up to selection days.

I guessed a bit on your shield/banner. I'm calling it Blind Justice for the moment based on the art in your submission. I'll update my chart if you make any changes there.

Thanks again - awesome job!

- Savy

Last edited by savoylen; 04-07-2019 at 01:34 PM.