RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-07-2019, 10:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7763
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderInParidise View Post
Posting interest, and getting to work on an app right away!
Fantasti - Nice rolls bty. I'm a huge fan of rolling out stats... the highs are always cool to see (congrats) but I also like to see those flaws - lows; and how they play out in characters. Good job and stepping up and seeing what happens!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with from here. Nice to meet you,

- Savy
Old 04-07-2019, 10:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
left-aligned image
I've updated the OP to include a link to a resource page I made to help with Banners, Shields and Coats of Arms.

Turns out there is a lot of fun to be had out there on this topic!

- Savoy

Last edited by savoylen; 04-07-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 565
Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe
right-aligned image
Name: Jaarl Banstark A moniker given for the morbid way the mage-knight summons his sword."the Iron-Blooded"
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Eldritch Knight)
Background: Soldier (Infantry to Officer)
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Character Concept: An aged warrior-mage with a grim resolution to resurrect the phoenix that slew his sons, the rightful heirs to the keep he now rules once again, so that he might kill it and bring them back with its ashes. Jaarl is old though, and has grown romantic and crazed in his age. His depleted men are unsure if they should follow him still, though his cause is (reasonably) just and they remember him as a once wise leader.

normal image without text wrap
A Draft of the Banstark Sigil
Your Banner:
An Orange Feather wreathed in a Crimson Flame, with four Black Stars bordering it, on a Russet Plain. All banners, flags and tapestries with this symbol must be at least singed across the bottom, if not burnt.

The Banstarks have always revered Phoenixes. It was said that they were once born with the blessing of such creatures and that was what made them so long-lasting a family and so hard to kill. That has changed, but the feather and fire of their sigil has not. Jaarl does not know what the black stars represent, only that he'd been told by his father that he would know if and when it mattered. That was a secret his family took with them to their graves many years ago.

Your Words: "Fire Dies, Smoke Stays."
It can mean many things: to think before you act and to not overlook the obvious, to know your legacy lives on, to consider the past. And, more often than not, it is used as a warning to potential enemies that the Banstarks and their men shall remember what they might do and what they have done.

Last edited by Vathe; 04-25-2019 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for all the PMs about this game... I very flattered by the response!

On reflection and discussion with a couple of new interested players, I've updated the information on generating ability scores. Seems a few of your have been stung by the RPGxing Dice Gods!

Keep those questions and comments rolling... I appreciate the input!

- Savoy

Last edited by savoylen; 04-07-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vathe View Post
...Jaarl Banstark ("Iron-Blooded Jaarl")...
WOW... way to nail it, right out of the gate!! Thank you for the application - its so close that I'm going to go ahead mark it COMPLETED!!! Though please feel free to update, tweak and change it up to fit your vision as much you wish - all the up to first selection time.

Fantastic work!!

- Savy

Last edited by savoylen; 04-07-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Vathe

I think your Bankstark would look great in this! ...

House Banstark Seat
1st Level Fortification (Keep)
Attack +0
Defense +0
Power +0
Toughness 14
Morale +0
Size d4
Cost 250 GP
Traits Description
Fortification Units defending this structure gain +2 Morale
Commanded by Jaarl Banstark the "Iron-Blooded Jaarl"
Old 04-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 565
Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe
Sure. I still don't exactly get the S&F rules yet, just started reading the book. Looks good though!

The Keeps in the book are much more expensive. Is the cost reduced to make it possible to decide between having a better keep or better equipment?

EDIT: I don't think Jaarl can afford a Keep actually. He would have to sell everything he has to get enough for it.

Last edited by Vathe; 04-07-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:28 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1677
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
On reflection and discussion with a couple of new interested players, I've updated the information on generating ability scores. Seems a few of your have been stung by the RPGxing Dice Gods!
As someone bitten by the Dice Gods, I am going to keep my rolls. I had a different character in mind but this event, it has given me another idea I might want to try. It's kind of funny

Last edited by Odyssey; 04-07-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Critical threat!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 915
Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat Firecat
SubmissionWIP
right-aligned image

Name: Nitem Id Nil ("Rockhammer's Promise")
Race: Dwarf
Class: Paladin
Deity: Gorm Gulthyn
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Noble

Character Concept: Nitem is the fourth son of Thane Unol Id Nil. Born late in his father's reign, Nitem had no real chance at inheritance, a fact that his three older brothers reminded him of on a regular basis. Thane Unol also had little time for Nitem, preferring to focus most of his time on his two older sons. As fate would have it, Nitem was unsuited for the cut-throat politics of the royal court, and he had no interest in becoming a pawn in the succession. He was not as strong or hardy as his brothers, and several of his tutors remarked upon his limited mental abilities. Nitem had many positive qualities, but for those that mattered most to his father, he was, for all intents and purposes, common. On the advice of a trusted uncle, Nitem declared his intent to join the church of Gorm at the earliest opportunity, dedicating his life to the deity. That would bring honor to the Clan, to himself, and to his father.

Several weeks ago, Nitem received word that his father and brothers were killed in an ambush set by a massive force of goblins. Somehow, the creatures had evaded the outer defenses and set a trap in one of the lower valleys near the Western Gate of the realm. The goblins were eventually driven off, but not before the Thane and his three sons were dead. The Council of Stone declared that they would abide by ancient dwarven law and petition the church of Gorm to release Nitem from his vows. Though initially unwilling to return, Nitem knew he could not ignore the call of his Clan. After a night spent in solitary prayer, Nitem emerged the next morning and agreed to wear the Crown of Rockhammer.

Banner:

Words: Strength of the mountain
The dwarven clan of Ironhammer is small, but strong. They have endured for centuries beneath their mountain home. It has given them resources, protection, and a place to live. But it is not an easy life. It tests those who call it home, and it abides no weakness. Dwarves of clan Rockhammer are strong of arm, stout of heart, and brave enough to face any challenge without flinching.

Battle Cry: Rur thedak! ("Forward the clan!") Generally only used when officially designated units enter battle. When individuals or small groups join a fight, they sometimes use the similar 'Dural thedak!' which means 'Honor the clan'. If battle is joined alongside the Lord of the Clan, forces may also add 'Rur Ilal!' after the first cry, which means 'Forward the Thane!'

Character Build: TBD

Last edited by Firecat; 04-21-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7859
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Update for Roem: Changed words to "Night has Fallen", and Bannerman cry to "We shall rise!"
Old 04-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1677
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Okay, so...Here is my idea based on the rolls I got XD. You know what? Kind of a hilarious idea even if it might not fit? FEED BACK is very welcome at this point.

Last edited by Odyssey; 04-07-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vathe View Post

The Keeps in the book are much more expensive. Is the cost reduced to make it possible to decide between having a better keep or better equipment?

EDIT: I don't think Jaarl can afford a Keep actually. He would have to sell everything he has to get enough for it.
LOL... nope, the price listed there is the Upkeep case. Don't worry too much about all that... I'll help out when I comes time. The mechanics will come up in the narrative as story elements. No need to look underneath the hood unless you really like that kind of thing.

You are right though... its going to take A LOT of cheddar to keep these strongholds going and those followers happy.

Last edited by savoylen; 04-07-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Firecat: It fantastic to see you throw down with us. Good work so far!!

@Begon Ugo: GREAT, I've updated your entry. Like I said though, feel free to change up anything you wish!

@Odyssy: nice... that's the way I roll too.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'm seeing a lot of new folks rolling stats! Remember, you have the option to to do a point buy... crappy rolls? Take the standard array.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help!

- Savy
Old 04-07-2019, 11:08 PM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 886
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Rivondir
right-aligned image

Name: Rivondir
Race: High Elf
Class: Monster SlayerRanger
Background: Cloistered Scholar

Character Concept: A scholar forced out into the world to defend himself against both nature and creatures beyond the borders of civilization. One would not think Rivondir, as he is now, began his life in a household that lauded ancestors who produced works that were constantly referenced and revered by the world's scholars. But circumstances drove him away from civilization, forced his hand to fend for himself or die, and he's not one to give up easily. Chaos erupted around him. His world shattered. Before him, only two choices: flee with nothing but a bow or stay behind and fall like the rest.

He fled. And survived.

Every day a struggle against hunger, beasts, and the unforgiving wilderness. In order to live, he stripped away his propriety and civil decorum and instead embraced the world as it was. His accrued knowledge over the past centuries the only thing keeping him from going feral, Rivondir slowly learned to survive and eventually make a living off the land. When he found civilization again, it was strange. He was like an outsider brought into a new world, and so he decided to leave it all behind and wander the wildlands.

While travelling to the coast, he stumbled upon an abandoned conclave taken over by orcs. Upon recognizing it for what it was, he drove the orcs away and decided to take the conclave as his own to guide new, fresh rangers and those that dared against the wilderness, to teach them what he wished he'd been taught when disaster struck. And to also build a force against whatever lurks and amasses beyond the borders of civilization.

left-aligned image
Words: "Ours Is The Vigill"
Rivondir found the banner within the enclave with the words, written in elvish upon the front gates. Whoever the place belonged to before he found it, he believes they were protectors of the surrounding lands, keeping at bay the creatures that would encroach upon civilization, seeking to destroy and terrorize. He adopted the words for himself and the new enclave, deciding it was fitting for his new home.

Build:

Last edited by Torack; 04-10-2019 at 04:33 AM.