RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-07-2019, 11:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7763
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
..."Picah 'Jinxed' Verossa...
Nice job Oddyssy - I know you have some odds and ends to finish but you close enough to be marked COMPLETED!

Feel free to finish up odds and ends, and to tweak or changes whatever you like right up to first pick day.

Thanks again for the app!

- Savy
Old 04-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torack View Post
...Rivondir......
Hi there Torack! Very nicely done application. I know you still have a few things but you are close enough to mark Rivondir COMPLETED!

Please feel free to tweak or make changes to whatever you like right up to first pick day.

Thanks again for the app!

- Savy
Old 04-08-2019, 12:15 AM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 886
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
I had to make an app, the premise was really unique and I was struggling for a day and a half trying to figure out the best concept for a character. I was stuck on an Achilles-type of guy for most of it, but went with my current guy instead.

For the gear, I wanted to ask, do we roll for our class's specific funds?

Last edited by Torack; 04-08-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torack View Post
...For the gear, I wanted to ask, do we roll for our class's specific funds?
Your ranger concept turned out cool, so struggles aside - congrats on that!

I think it's PHB143... its variable so you'll need to roll. Don't forget you also get your class and background granted gear which you can sell back at 50% if you wish.

I hope that helps! - Savy
Old 04-08-2019, 02:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2551
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
I believe Ysara is complete
Family emergency, think i have PM'ed all the games i am in but just in case i will put it here as well. I am currently in a medical center with a family member. Posting will be slow to nonexistent for the near future.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylus View Post
I believe Ysara is complete
Awesome, thanks for the app. You've need marked COMPLETED!

Please feel free to tweak or make changes to whatever you like right up to first pick day.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Drachenspirit - Looks like your just about there so I went ahead and marked your application COMPLETED!

Feel free to continue to finish up the little details or make any changes you like all the way up to first selection day. Cesheria is looking GREAT.

- Savy
Old 04-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2520
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Complete - still tweaking

Constance Edgewater
right-aligned image
Str 17 Dex 15 Con 16 Int 13 Wis 16 Cha 15
Stat Rolls found here
Might drop strength down to something more how I want this character to play.

left-aligned image

Level Source Feature
1 Human + 1 to all abilities
1 Human Speed 30ft
1 Human Language Common, Dwarvish
3 Cleric Level 113, Level 28, Level 36 = 27hp (MAX) - Hit Dice D8 3/3
3 Cleric Armour Pro: Light, medium, shields
3 Cleric Weapon Pro: Simple
3 Cleric Save: WIS, CHA
3 Cleric Skill Proficiencies: Medicine & History
1 Acolyte Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Religion
1 Acolyte Language: Elvish, Sylvan
1 Nature Domain Skills: Animal Friendship, Nature & Survival
1 Nature Domain Prof: Heavy Armour
1 Nature Domain Druid Cantrip: Whispering to the spirits o f nature, you create one o f the following effects within range: • You create a tiny, harmless sensory effect that predicts what the weather will be at your location for the next 24 hours. The effect might manifest as a golden orb for clear skies, a cloud for rain, falling snowflakes for snow, and so on. This effect persists for 1 round. • You instantly make a flower blossom, a seed pod open, or a leaf bud bloom. • You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as falling leaves, a puff of wind, the sound o f a small animal, or the faint odor of skunk. The effect must fit in a 5-foot cube. • You instantly light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.Druid Craft
2 Nature Domain Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to charm animals and plants. As an action, you present your holy symbol and invoke the name o f your deity. Each beast or plant creature that can see you within 30 feet of you must make a W isdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is charmed by you for 1 minute or until it takes damage. While it is charmed by you, it is friendly to you and other creatures you designate.Channel Divinity: Charm Animals and Plants - As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet o f you must make a W isdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can’t willingly move to a space within 30 feet o f you. It also can’t take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there’s nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action. Channel Divinity: Turn Undead
3 Nature Domain 3 Cantrips, 4x level 1 spells slots, 2x level 2 spells slots
3 Nature Domain 6 spells max - Spell Save DC 13

Coming into Land and a Strong HoldBack story:
right-aligned image

Uncle Turrolf was an adventurer. He left the family seeking glory and honour but he always wrote home to his nieces and nephews. Every two months a letter would arrive with enough coin to send a return letter. All 9 nieces and nephews received letters but only those who replied got more in return. It was only Constance who continued penning letters over the last decade. She enjoyed the letters so much that they were what inspired her to do a little adventuring himself. For two years she wasn’t able to send letters, but he settled down in a temple to Chauntea and sent a letter away. Another 7 letters were sent until the final word was delivered by a human man in House Turrolf colours.
“Mistress Edgewater.” His face down cast, the man continued “It is with great sadness that I must inform you of your Uncle's passing.”
Constance nodded grimly but her manners were not forgotten. “Please come in, sit and tell me of my uncle.”
“I’m afraid we cannot. We must be off.”
“We?”
“Mistress Edgewater your uncle named you as his heir. I, like all those in house Turrolf will swear their loyalty to you as soon as you arrive.”
Constance took a step back. Her uncle had married, she knew he had inherited the lands of his father in law and that his first child was due any day. “The baby?”
“Healthy though his mother passed after the grueling birth. Your uncle named you heir of his lands and guardian over his son.”
Constance nearly fell over, she had thought she’d like to be a mother one day but she hadn’t found a man to love her and now she was skipping that part. “Aunty Constance.” She mumbled to herself. Regardless of the lands the boy needed family to raise him, to love him. She could do that for him at least. The rest would have to been addressed when she got there.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	House Turrolf small.png
Views:	249
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	79721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Constance Edgewater.png
Views:	248
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	79722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chauntea.png
Views:	226
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	79723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ackley.png
Views:	196
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	79730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mother Turrolf.png
Views:	173
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	79742  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chancellor Gresham.png
Views:	183
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	79743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Head of the Guards - Sir Drampic.png
Views:	175
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	79744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bishop Morley - Tempus Preist.png
Views:	175
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	79745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mistress Elizabeth Turrolf.png
Views:	178
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	79746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Majordomo Everleigh - Head of the House.png
Views:	173
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	79747  

Last edited by Xalnaga; 04-22-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
SargntSprinkles
I'm new to pbp and I'm not super experienced with 5e. I mostly play Pathfinder, but this sounds really cool! This is my concept so far. I'm very open to any feedback

Zang
right-aligned image

Name: "Zang" Zangim Horzu Wrewin Mertix Waryur Orumorn
Race: Rock Gnome
Class: Ranger
Background: Soldier
Alignment: LG

How I acquired my stronghold:
The Silverhawk Corps isn't your regular rag-tag group of bloodthirsty, greedy mercenaries. We're professionals, and we follow a strict code of honor. We have guild halls all across the land. We're the ones you send for when the treasury vaults are emptied without a trace, or when your city is stuck under the heel of an unjust ruler. So, nobody was more surprised than me when I caught our local guild leader in the act. It seemed like a routine bust. We followed the leads to a barn on the outskirts of town. We approached the rotting building carefully. Once got close enough to hear the awful sounds pouring out, we were horrified. We gathered our wits as quick as we could and bashed the door in. I'll never forget the look on her face when she spun around to greet us. Her twisted grin, splattered with blood, reached from ear to ear. To this day, we don't know what drove her to that madness. I just hope I don't let my men down.

Banner/Sigil: A royal blue and black checkered background with a silver hawk in diving position in the middle
Words: For honor and valor

Stats: link to rolls

Lvl 3 Build:

Last edited by SargntSprinkles; 04-16-2019 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Added stats and picture
Old 04-08-2019, 10:41 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 330
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Application StatusComplete

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Ronin Buckman

Race: Half Elf
Class: Rogue, Inquisitive
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Property Type: Noble Estate with Manor

Physical Description: If not for my well groomed facial hair, I could easily pass as a hearty wood elf. Although muscular, my 5'9" frame is not what any human would call "large." I also have long dark brown hair and hazel eyes.

My armor is typically some variation of leather, as I enjoy moving freely and quietly. For my clothing, I prefer shades of green and brown, as those are the colors of my house.

Background/History: My father was a powerful (Human) Knight with his own estate, in the forest south of The Sword Lands. He was awarded that title and property after leading several successful incursions as an officer in his Lord's Army. My father met my mother, a Wood Elf hunter, in the forest near our estate. By then, he was nearing 40 years of age. Although they were tecnically very close in age, my mother always seemed much younger than him.

My parents loved each other, and me, very much. However, they never hid the fact that none of us would ever be fully welcome among the Human or Elven community. Despite that, the Noble status of my Mother and I was never challenged (not openly anyway).

Things were wonderful for my first 20 years. I learned how to handle a sword and the basics of bureaucracy from my father. From my mother, I learned to appreciate nature, how to move silently, and how to properly use a bow. Finally, from watching them with each other, and in their dealings with others, I learned to be humble and to never judge another by their race alone.

Shortly after my twentieth name day, my father passed of natural causes. My mother was left in charge of the estate and I foolishly left her, to seek adventure and to make a name for myself. I hid my true identity and found work on a merchant fishing vessel, where I spent days (sometimes weeks) gone to sea. Instead of adventure, I got long days of back breaking labor. Still, it felt good to earn my wages and I learned a lot about surviving (Thieves' Cant, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, etc..)

About six months ago, a new guy joined our crew. He was a young, shifty looking human that looked like he had never spent a day on a ship. I could relate and even felt badly for him That was until he tried to pull a dagger on me for seemingly no reason. In the struggle, I managed to turn the dagger back on him. I didn't intend to kill him but the Captain and crew agreed that it was self defense.

After the attack, I was shaken up pretty badly. Despite having trained for combat, most of my life, this was different. As far as this man knew, I was nobody and nothing was to be gained by attacking me...When we returned to shore, I went straight to the tavern. I was shocked to see our estate's butler waiting for me at one of the tables. When I was sure that we would not be overheard, I smiled at him and shook his hand. I recall thinking how good it was to see a friendly face. I also recall the solemn expression on his face as he told me that my mother was very ill. The healers believed it to be some sort of poison but for reasons beyond their knowledge, they could do nothing to heal her.

Suddenly, the "random" attack on me made more sense. Someone knew exactly who and where I was. Whomever it was meant to destroy my family. What I could not (and have not) discovered was who or why. We rushed back to my family's estate, barely taking time to rest. I made it in time to spend one helpless week with her. Through tear filled eyes, I vowed to her that I would take care of the estate and that I would seek vengeance on those that brought this pain upon our family.

Last edited by Treble83; 04-12-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Xalnaga - very nice start, and its awesome to have you here.

Quote:
Savoy, how much room do we have to play with NPCs and the like?
Well, within your domain (the area around your Keep) you have A LOT of liberty with your own followers and units (which you can write in whatever way makes story sense for you). A follower can be the traditional idea of people that 'work' for you in some capacity or you can write them up as important family members or friends. A follower will have the ability to impact the game in some important way and/or grant you abilities or traits you'll be able to use when they are around.

Units and your stronghold work in a similar way.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if that did answer your OQ.

- Savoy
Old 04-09-2019, 12:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargntSprinkles View Post
I'm new to pbp and I'm not super experienced with 5e. I mostly play Pathfinder, but this sounds really cool! This is my concept so far. I'm very open to any feedback
Nice! I think its great to have a variety of experience and background in a game so your are more than welcome. Please don't be shy about needed help - we are happy to help! You will find the gaming community on RPGxing VERY friendly to new folks, experienced or not.

I'm excited to see what you will bring!

- Savy
Old 04-09-2019, 12:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble83 View Post
... Ronin Buckman...
Hi Treble... "Ronin" COOL name. I really like what you laying down. Good job!

Lets put your previous home just south of "The Sword Lands". Laerakond is the name of the continent. The only thing south of it would be Evermeet and I'm not sure a human would be welcome there

Let me know if I can help in any way but you look like you have things very well under hand.

- Savy
Old 04-09-2019, 12:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 330
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
Hi Treble... "Ronin" COOL name. I really like what you laying down. Good job!

Lets put your previous home just south of "The Sword Lands". Laerakond is the name of the continent. The only thing south of it would be Evermeet and I'm not sure a human would be welcome there

Let me know if I can help in any way but you look like you have things very well under hand.

- Savy
Awesome, thank you so much for the feedback!
Old 04-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargntSprinkles View Post
Stats: need to roll - could someone please explain how this works? I've seen the results of some peoples' rolls, but I don't know how to do it
We need to get rid of that gold name of yours so head over to my roller room ( and roll about 5 times to get you post count up ) . Then we can start to send you Private messages if we need to.

This is the code you need [dice]6x4d6kh3[/dice] Also, [dice]rstat2[/dice] will accomplish the same thing. As always, ask any questions you have, especially the dumb ones.

A good way to 'see' what codes people are using when you see something you like, is to use the "quote" reply button at the bottom of the post. That will show you all be BB code that was used.

There are a lot of things you can do with the dice roller!

From a recent issue of our sites Ezine:

Last edited by savoylen; 04-09-2019 at 02:38 AM.