RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 08:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torack View Post
Finalized my character and made some edits.

Also added equipments with his remaining gold!
Awesome - thanks!
I'll mark you COMPLETED
Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
OK folks... I'm on the road until Monday.
Thanks for helping each other out when you can - take care! - Savy
Old 04-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6510
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
ApplicationName: Thorvald of the Rising Sun

Race: Scourge Aasimar

Class: Barbarian of the Ancestral Guardians

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Background: Theme Song
right-aligned image
The hill people of the Shrouded Peaks had once known glory, they had once known dominion. That was many ages ago and in the intervening years, the Cloud Warriors had fallen to petty tribalism and in-fighting. Standing strong and defiant as always in the harsh mountains was the temple of the king. The impressive structure seemed to grow out of the stones of the precipice is stood on. Tombs to the great kings of old sat cold and empty in the bowels of the structure tended to by the dwindling number of monks who protected the sanctuary of sovereigns. Year after year they rang the great black bell, its tolling echoing off the peaks calling for a new king. Year after year the call went unanswered.

Thorvald had made a name for himself as one of the youngest berserkers of the Cloud Warriors, leading the Rising Sun Clan in victory over not only other tribes but also enemies from below the peaks. When the bell had rung out across the misty mountains, Thorvald Hrafnkelsson, journeyed the Three Peaks Path to answer the tolling of the great black bell.

With Thorvald standing in the center of the sacred circle, surrounded by the temple's monks, the bell began to sing. A loud and strong vibration rang out from the dark metal and when it had ceased, Thorvald was gone. For three long years, the Jarl of the Rising Sun Clan was absent until it was time came for the bell to be rung again. When its first notes sounded out across the peaks, Thorvald rematerialized in the circle a changed man. His eyes glowed with a divine radiance and all who stood before him knew, a new king had been named.

RP Sample: Quiet finally descended back upon the central hall in the Temple of the King. Representatives of two separate clans had come to pledge their allegiance to Thorvald but many others had refused the summons from the Keepers of the Bell, the monks who protected the holy sanctum and the black bell it held. There were many clans of Cloud Warriors in the Shrouded Peaks and Thorvald was not going to convince them all to bend their knee to him simply by completing a ritual atop an isolated mountain. He would have to prove his worth to them. Prove he was a true king by action and not merely by ceremony.

Pushing open the double stone doors that led to a balcony overlooking the snowy peaks below, Thorvald could just barely see the ribbons of green through the mists that curved their way through the mountains. Strings of life wound their way through the bluffs hugging the contours of streams which led to rivers which fed larger and flatter valleys where the seats of the clans were. The rivers then led out to the Forgotten Coast and the ocean beyond. To rule within the mountains, he would have to venture beyond them to gain renown, fame and fortune. Some clans could be bought with gold and treasure. Others could be swayed by acts of valor and deeds of courage. Some would never relent and would only be brought into the fold through violence. For that, Thorvald would need to consolidate his power, hone his skills in battle and build an army of his own.

Passing back through the meeting hall, he opened a set of doors set into the opposite wall. These led to yet another balcony. This one faced the lands beyond the mountains. There were other holds out there. Other lords and ladies. Thorvald would have to pursue relations with these foreigners if he was ever to fully secure his rule of the Cloud Warriors.

Just a story Snorri and the Boots of the Winterlands

In ages past when dragons were a common sight in the sky and the remorhaz stalked every mountain pass was the great Cloud Warrior hero, Snorri. Hero may be a bit of a misnomer as he was rather a scoundrel who would spend time in nearly every clan of the Shrouded Peaks and subsequently be outlawed and banished several times. But his interactions with the various clans of the mountains was not where he gained his fame but his confrontation with the ice wyrm, Hjertefryser which in the old tongue meant Heart Freezer. This great white dragon had claimed dominion over all the Shrouded Peaks and demanded sacrifices of sheep and goats to the point the clansmen who fell under its purview were not permitted to eat the meat of those animals for fear of having less than the wyrm demanded. It is believed that this the killing and eating of goats and sheep in modern Cloud Warrior society demands a lavish ceremony, prayers to the gods, and thanks to Snorri the Rover.

There had once been no shortage of brave warriors who would defy Hjertefryser, for to kill the wyrm would mean freedom from his oppressive demands but with each dead challenger came a larger claim of livestock. The Cloud Warriors had been culled into submission by the beast. Except for Snorri the Rover. He roamed the mountains searching for the legendary sword, Brannhoste, said to hold the power of flame within its blade. He appealed to each clan he encountered for shelter from Hjertefryser, for the wyrm hunted the last usurper, and Snorri sought out the mystical sword.

His search proved fruitless and Snorri had visited every clan and every clan had banished him from their lands for fear of the wyrm's wrath. One clan remained for Snorri to visit, the secretive Varbjorn Clan, or Bear Men. They were followers of ancient magics who could change their shape and assume the fearsome form of the bear and who did not suffer intruders onto their land.

In their wisdom, they wished to see Hjertefryser destroyed and so laid out a series of tasks for Snorri to complete to prove he was brave enough to take up such a task and worthy of receiving their greatest gift. And so Snorri was sent out to defeat the great white bear, Isbjorn who was said to steal Varbjorn children in the night. Next Snorri had to steal an egg from the roc, Stororn. He rode the egg down the mountainside and hid in a cave for nine nights to escape the vengeance of the large eagle. The third and final task was to defeat the remorhaz matriarch, Firfirsle. It dwelt within the smoking cauldron of the mountain Katla.

Upon completing his trials, Snorri was granted the Boots of the Winterlands which granted him resistance to not only the chill of the mountain winds but also to the frozen breath of Hjertefryser, the great white wyrm. No one knows what happened to Snorri but it is certain he succeeded in his quest for never again was the white dragon seen in the Shrouded Peaks. The shaman's of the Cloud Warriors, the Volva, speak of a cave hidden in the highest peaks where only the brave could find Snorri's body still frozen in place over the dead body of Hjertefryser. The gift of the Varbjorn enough to allow him to kill the wyrm but not to save his life. They also speak of the vast horde of treasure surely to exist in the lair of such a fabled beast.

Character Build
Stats: STR 18 DEX 15 CON 16 INT 9 WIS 14 CHR 15

Level Source Feature
1 Aasimar +2 CHR
1 Aasimar Speed 30 ft.
1 Aasimar Darkvision 60 ft
1 Aasimar Celestial Resistance; necrotic & radiant
1 Aasimar Healing Hands; +hp equal to lvl
1 Aasimar Light Bearer; light cantrip
1 Aasimar Languages; Common & Celestial
1 Scourge Aasimar +1 CON
1 Barbarian +15 HP (max)
1 Barbarian Light armor, medium armor, shields
1 Barbarian Simple weapons, martial weapons
1 Barbarian SAVE: STR CON
1 Barbarian Skills: Perception & Survival
1 Barbarian Rage
1 Barbarian Unarmored Defense
1 Folk Hero Animal Handling & Survival Perception
1 Folk Hero Mason's Tools, Land Vehicles
1 Folk Hero Rustic Hospitality
2 Barbarian Reckless Attack
2 Barbarian Danger Sense
3 Scourge Aasimar Radiant Consumption
3 Path of the Ancestral Guardian Ancestral Protectors

THE CLOUD WARRIORS

A KING RETURNS

Last edited by tomplum; Yesterday at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@tomplum... Just hanging out in the airport in Houston and saw your app come thru.... Nice!! Looks awesome.
Looks like you're COMPLETED!! Thanks for coming down off the mountain for us, I really like what you've done here.
- Savy

Last edited by savoylen; 04-15-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6510
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Thanks! You've got a great game concept here that I couldn't pass up.

App still feels a bit short. Think I might add an inner monologue about something to flesh the character out a bit more.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:37 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 161
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
Bibliotheca Azuth Laerakond
left-aligned image
Shield w/Holy Symbol of Azuth
right-aligned image
Percival Ambercrown
Name Percival Ambercrown
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Cleric (Arcana Domain)
Background: Sage
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Backstory/Concept: 3rd son of a minor nobleman. Too physically small and weak to be sent to a Knight Order, his father provides an endowment to a library owned by the Church of Azuth so that his son could take Holy Vows. Having spent 23 years as a scribe in Sembia, he has finally been sent to the library to replace the head librarian who has recently passed away. The library also has a small chapel dedicated to Azuth. As in keeping with the Church of Azuth, the Asst Librarian, Holly Goldbloom is a wizard. The scribes are about equal clerics, monks and wizards though there is one Knight (Swords of the High One). Unlike many other Azuthan clergy, Percival occasionally publicly expresses opinions on matters of morality leaning slightly towards good vs evil but for the most part remaining neutral.Though not a Loomwarden himself, Percival is still distrustful of sorcerers, warlocks and wild mages, believing that those who wield magic should study it so as not to misuse it.

Battle Cry: Do not hoard your knowledge, and encourage creativity in magic in all ways and at all times.
Not much of a battle cry but what do you expect from a librarian.

right-aligned image
Bibliotheca Laerakond

Final Ability Scores: Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 12
[
Level Source Feature
1 Half-Elf Charisma Score increase by +2
1 Half-Elf Two other Ability Scores of your choice by +1 (CON/WIS)
1 Half-Elf Speed 30
1 Half-Elf Darkvision 60ft
1 Half-Elf Language Common, Elvish +Draconic
1 Half-Elf Advantage on saving throws against being charmed and cannot be put to sleep
1 Half-Elf You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice +Persuasion +Perception
1 Sage Skills +Arcana +History
1 Sage Language +Undercommon, +Celestial
1 Sage Feature: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place. or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign. RESEARCHER
1 Cleric +10 HP (MAX)
1 Cleric Armor Pro: Light, Medium, Shields
1 Cleric Weapon Pro: Simple Weapons
1 Cleric Save: Wis Cha
1 Cleric Tools: None
1 Cleric Skills +Religion +Insight
1 Cleric Spellcasting +2 1st Level Slots
1 Cleric Ritual Casting
1 Cleric Spellcasting Focus: Holy Symbol
1 Cleric Divine Domain: Arcana
1 Arcana Domain Domain Spells: Detect Magic, Magic Missile
1 Arcana Domain When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain proficiency in the Arcana skill, and you gain two cantrips of your choice from the wizard spell list. For you, these cantrips count as cleric cantrips. note: Arcana is duplicated so replaced w/ +Medicine. Cantrips: Toll the Dead, Green Flame BladeARCANE INITIATE
2 Cleric Chanel Divinity: Turn Undead
2 Arcana Domain Chanel Divinity: Arcane Abjuration
2 Cleric +1 1st lvl spell slot
3 Cleric +1 1st lvl spell slot, + 2 2nd lvl spell slots

House Ambercrown main source of revenue is the production of oil- hence it gets gold from stuff that does not glitter.

The library displays the holy symbol of Azuth, not the Ambercrown family arms.

Song: The Wizard

Last edited by Gualdarrama; Yesterday at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:49 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 714
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel View Post
Noooooo! After being literally lost for a week on what to play I finally had an idea uncomfortably similar to yours last night and had started working on it. Granted, I was going for Shadows and more of a 'ninja' feel, but it's eerily similar. Now I don't know if I should scrap it and find something else or post something uncomfortably similar.
Sorry dude, just bad luck on the timing. Write a better back story to beat me out; I didn't put as much effort in the backstory as I could have.

May the better monk win!

- I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Old 04-11-2019, 04:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1898
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Hello all, I am really loving the feel of this game. Please consider this a placeholder until I can get an app together. Hopefully I am not too late for this. I will aim to have a glorious app up and completed by the time the weekend is done!
Old 04-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaon View Post
Hello all, I am really loving the feel of this game. Please consider this a placeholder until I can get an app together. Hopefully I am not too late for this. I will aim to have a glorious app up and completed by the time the weekend is done!
Sounds awesome!! No worries on bring too late... I'll take apps all the way up to first pick day on around April 26th ish.

Nice to meet you! Savy
Old 04-11-2019, 11:20 AM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6823
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
DM: Would it be okay to add a little bit of RP of Roem's entrance into his keep, possibly meeting some NPC's, or would you like us to hold off on that for now?
Old 04-11-2019, 09:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begon Ugo View Post
DM: Would it be okay to add a little bit of RP of Roem's entrance into his keep, possibly meeting some NPC's, or would you like us to hold off on that for now?
That's cool with me.... Just add it as a section to your app now and after selection we will copy it to your domain. It will be neat to some of work. Have fun with it!

- Savy
Old 04-13-2019, 02:28 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3224
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Application
1. Read: Done and agreed.

2. Character Concept:

"Read this." I grunt as I hand you a note and turn back to the window, my breath steaming as it mixes with the smoke in the cool twilight air.

MissiveUmbrus Fenmire,

This letter is written in the utmost secrecy and desperation. Please return with all possible urgency. Your people need you!

Your father was assassinated in a plot by your brother, Celsus and the general. After slaughtering your father at a feast celebrating the news of your latest victories, General Elijah turned on Celsus and left him in the swamps to die.
Elijah has become a tyrant in the vacuum of power with no one to oppose him.

My nails have worked deep scores in the sill as I wait for you to finish reading. The second you look up from the paper, I round on you with anger aimed at an invisible target leagues away. "Now do you see why I must go?"

3. Character Build:

Character Build
Level Source Feature
1 Halforc +2 STR +1 CON
1 Halforc Speed 30
1 Halforc 60 ftDarkvision
1 Halforc +IntimidationMenacing
1 Halforc When dropped to 0 hit points but not killed outright, have 1 hit point instead (once per long rest)Relentless Endurence
1 Halforc On a melee critical, roll one additional damage die and add to totalSavage Attacks
1 Halforc Language +Human, +Orc
1 Barbarian +12 HP (MAX)
1 Barbarian Armor Prof: Light, medium, shields
1 Barbarian Weapon Prof: Simple, martial
1 Barbarian Save: STR CON
1 Barbarian +Survival, +Nature
1 Barbarian Rage
1 Barbarian Unarmored Defense
1 Folk Hero + Animal Handling, +Stealth
1 Folk Hero +Land Vehicles, +Smith's Tools
1 Folk Hero Rustic Hospitality
2 Barbarian Danger Sense
2 Barbarian Reckless Attacks
3 Totem Warrior Totem Spirit Bear

4. Stronghold Banner and Words:

right-aligned image
Your Banner/Sigil: Vari Fenmire was the first of his line and the first lord of his lands. He settled a formerly wild swamp inhabited only by kobalds, bullywugs, and an occasional tortle. They used the fear of the swamp to keep outsiders from attacking while they built their strength, and their motto reflects it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JoinTheRealm_sigil.png
Views:	90
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	79763  
Old 04-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1396
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Since my application for another game with a high post rate got accepted it wouldn't be right to apply to this one as well. Have fun!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel View Post
Since my application for another game with a high post rate got accepted it wouldn't be right to apply to this one as well. Have fun!
Congratulations on your new game! Thank you for considering Strongholds.
It was nice meeting you.
- Savoy
Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@gaurdaramma, numen_wealth
Nice applications!! Thanks for all the hard work that obviously went into them!
- Savoy

Ps: I'm still on the road so i will got the status board caught up on Monday.