Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
JaegerZero JaegerZero
Name: Fenrir (926318)
Race: Warforged (Juggernaut)
Class: Fighter (Champion)
Personality
Simple, Moral, Just, Childs understanding of right and wrong. New to emotion so they are strong but he doesn't know how to process the or understand them. very black and white struggles with grey.
Background (Soldier. closest I could get without homebrewing)
Darkness, Combat, Darkness, Combat, Enemy, Kill, Enemy, Kill, No Mercy, No Mercy. That is all I knew for the first three years in service to the Craven Empire. I was told my enemy, I was told to protect those with the Craven Emblem like the one on my chest plate. we fought a town with a powerful arcanist. just before the killing blow he let out a surge of magic. then he was dead.

Darkness, a question... Why? why did you kill him? why was he the enemy? why do I serve the craven empire? water leaks from my eye. I feel it. what is this?

Combat, Mission parameters, enemy, Kill. Deploy. I fight, I kill, I question, I find a child. water leaks from her eyes, she looks at me and I feel. I don't know but I feel, this is not an enemy. this is innocent. this is wrong. I must protect her. I must save her. I grab her and run. I run till I cannot run anymore. I Stop. I put her down.

She asks me why did I save her? I say "you are not my enemy" we talk, she tells me she is hungry. I don't understand. she teaches me. she sleeps.

The next day we move on. we talk. I learn.

we encounter my companions and a general. he tells me to kill the enemy. I refuse. he orders me. I refuse. I tell him he is wrong, she is innocent. she is my friend. she is not my enemy. you are the enemy. I will not kill her for you. I will Kill you to protect her. I kill the Craven general and I disable my brethren. we run.

A week goes by. we talk, I learn. She calls me Fenrir after her dog, he protected her. now I protect her. we find a town. people are... afraid... I think they are afraid. she tells them I will not hurt them. she tells them what I did. they take the Craven emblem from my Chest plate and change it to a wolf. I am there a day.

more brothers come to kill her and destroy me. I fight as do the town and they are destroyed. they will keep coming for me. she may be safe here but not if I stay. I must leave Katarina. she is not safe with me. I must run from the craven empire. they are my enemy. I must learn I must grow. I must find out who I am and what I am. I search for answers. I search for me.

writing sample in the first post I made in this thread

Last edited by JaegerZero; 04-10-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1739
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
The Mystic was a playtest from the website.
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unea...a/mystic-class
Old 04-11-2019, 01:50 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
gwythion
Zilfin Zago

Gnome Wizard (Evoker)

He ran down the alley as fast as he could, holding his hat on with one hand. Why did they always assume every mishap was a gnome’s fault? He rounded the corner just as the thundering group of armored guardsman came into view behind him. He ran on, toward the docks. He was so tired...almost there...almost there… Around the last corner, the little gnome flew - between the wheels of a wagon, under a loading ramp… There! The black ship, with red sails… already moving… “WAIT!!!” he shouted. The sailor at the aft, coiling up the mooring rope, grinned, and dropped it back down the side. “Hurry up, little buddy! We gotta get outta here quick!” Zilfin grabbed the rope, just barely getting his fingertips around it, and with a jolt that felt like his arm might come off, he pulled himself - the rope pulled him - and he had it. Two hands in a death grip on the rope, his boots just barely dipping their toes in the sea. He scrambled up the rope, and reached the rail just in time to see the guardsmen come thundering out of the alley, spilling around the cart he’d slipped underneath. He grinned at them, waving goodbye as they hurled orders and verbal threats at him, the other sailor, the ship, the captain.

The sailor looked down. “Zilfin, what did you do???”

The gnome, winded from his run, sat down on a coil of rope. “Nothing, believe it or not. Anytime anything goes wrong, it’s always the nearest gnome, playing tricks.” He rolled his eyes. “These guard types never believe that anything is a coincidence. I’m not even sure what happened, but there was some kind of explosion back there.”

“Hah!!” said the sailor, “Well...I’ll take your word for it...I never see you pull any of the normal gnomish shenanigans. Anyway, you’re lucky the captain doesn’t want to come back here for a while.”

The little gnome sat, his breath recovered, putting his enormous moustache back into order with a mirror and a bit of wax. “See? That’s what I’m talking about. Gnomish shenanigans… there’s no such thing! It’s just that people always want to find something to blame for the randomness that’s part of the universe, when something happens that they don't like. Ah well. Where are we headed to this time? I’d best get to work.” His moustache restored to glorious perfection, he got up and walked forward and into the map room, brushing off his bootsoles and climbing up the little steps onto the table as the captain came in from his cabin.

A tiny gnome with immaculate grooming. Red hair, slicked back, and a moustache that would be big on someone twice his size. A dandyish suit of black and silver, and a hat with a broad brim and a peacock’s feather. A navigator and ship’s wizard, out for treasure, glory, and hedonistic delights. Accepting of anyone who accepts him, who prefers to defuse or avoid confrontation, but able and willing to wreak havoc when there is no other option.

His aspirations are nothing too grandiose - see the world and have fun doing it. He'd write a guidebook, but Volo already did, so he got lazy. But when he finds out about the spelljammer and the crystal spheres, he will be thrilled for the opportunity to make a name for himself by exploring and publishing guidebooks and atlases on a much larger scale. He wants to be an archmage someday, but in his mind, that's just part of being a wizard.

Last edited by gwythion; 04-11-2019 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added motivations
Old 04-11-2019, 07:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I'm going to be out for a few days, and will have limited ability at best to log in. I will do my application now. I can withdraw if you don't want to deal with a mystic character.

Character Name: Blex Snowfall
Race: Human
Class: Mystic, or possibly fiend warlock if you want me in game, but don't want to use the playtest mystic.
Background: Criminal (but will need to form contacts in game.)
Alignment: Neutral, in the sense that alignment means making an effort.
Personal Trait: Secretive; does not talk about past.
Ideal: Self-Improvement.
Bond: Will form one in play, possibly with the party.
Flaw: Hides his failures and won't admit his faults.
Quirk: Speaks in a monotone sing-song voice. (This is to avoid stuttering.)
Aspiration: The future is blank; his long-term goals with be formed in play.
Fear: Regardless of if he has the fiend pact or not, he fears he may have sold his soul to gain his powers.
Appearance: Rather bland. Pale eyes, hair, and skin. A bit short and fat, but not extremely so. No visible scars or birthmarks. Wears simple brown or grey clothing and does not stand out much.
Backstory: He was a member of a small group trying forbidden experiments, which were more alchemical than magical (although a tiny amount of magic was required for them to work.) The other members of the group are dead, arrested, or in hiding after the guards raided the hideout, looking for evidence of a conspiracy against the crown. (The group was not actually plotting against the crown, but a member who had been expelled for stealing from the group reported them.) Blex managed to escape, but has lost his criminal contacts. His time with the group was good training for adventuring (taking him to level 3.) He is seeking this 'lost ship' in the hopes that it will take him to another world, where he can start fresh. The purpose of the experiments was never explained to him, but he thinks that the general idea was to make a person who was the 'sum of all men.' What this means, he cannot say.
His childhood was rather mundane, except that his parents with rather isolated from the rest of the village, despite living in the middle of the village. They were retired adventurers, who distilled rare spirits-too expensive for the locals, so they had little contact with any but visiting stewards of distant nobles. He never learned how to work the distillery apparatus himself, because he was far more interested in trying to make friends with the locals, which is how we was drawn into this group as their test subject. His parents died of a strange illness shortly before the experiment in which he gained his powers....would he have gone along with it if they were alive? Who can say...
Old 04-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Level 74 Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 464
Rastl74 Rastl74 Rastl74 Rastl74 Rastl74
Application Status: – Closed. Those on this list, please complete your applications. I will choose 1 or two more. The ones not chosen will be kept as replacements for (sadly inevitable) player drops.

see latest post

5e spell sorter tool: http://salty-ridge-7989.herokuapp.com/

Last edited by Rastl74; 04-11-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Update
Old 04-11-2019, 05:18 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10123
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
With a gnome wizard in my Sorceresss is a bit unnecessary. Ah well maybe another time.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
gwythion
Added motivations.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Level 74 Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks!

Ysolde, Don't count yourself out so soon. Please complete your application if you are interested. I'm going to choose one or two more players from the remaining applications. Also, if someone drops or is killed I will pull from those who were still interested. The game is fluid enough to easily inject players later in the event there is an opening.

If you want to withdraw, I also understand. ;-)

Old 04-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Level 74 Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
Application Status: This advertisement is currently closed. Thank you all for applying! Here is the final list and below is the list of the runners up. Please don't be upset if you didn't get it and let me now if you have any questions about that via private message.

Current accepted players list: Congratulations!
JaegerZero: Accepted/Approved - Please proceed to the Game Thread
Gwythion: Accepted/Approved - Please proceed to the Game Thread
WhovianBeast: Accepted/Approved - Please proceed to the Game Thread
Torack: Accepted/Approved - Please proceed to the Game Thread
IrishViking25: Accepted/Approved - Please proceed to the Game Thread
Jab Burrwalky: Accepted/Approved - Please proceed to the Game Thread
Swagbag: Accepted/Approved - Please proceed to the Game Thread

Players who are still eligbile if a spot opens up:
Ericg1s: Received
Delpinator: Received
Ysolde: Received - Pending writing sample

Old 04-13-2019, 11:18 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 114
thawizkid thawizkid
Darn, just saw this - Spelljammer is my favorite setting. If you ever need a War Mage, let me know.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I'm sorry that I couldn't give a good writing sample. I will watch the story to see how it goes.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:00 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 161
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
wow- how i did an entire post in a thread other than the one it was intended for boggles my mind...sorry.

Last edited by Gualdarrama; 04-15-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:41 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 505
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Ryess "DoC" DalGwysor
right-aligned image
Name: Ryess "DoC" Dal'Gwyzor
Race: Human (Variant)
Class:
1-Rogue (repentant of his Dark Past life... )
2-Cleric (Arcana) ( don't know if it can control a Magic Hull later... if in need of a pilot like if the Captain is knockout)
Background: Blackfist Double Agent
Alignment: LN
Ideal: People are only as trustworthy as you are valuable to them. Always strive to be the most valuable person around.
I am prepared for any eventuality; including the day my usefulness as a spy comes to an end.
Personality Trait: I was framed for a crime I did not commit, and seek to bring the true culprit to justice.
Bond: I am loyal to leaders, and see my role as a solemn duty and necessary evil to prevent anarchy.
Flaw: I am spendthrift, and share my wealth with the patrons of my favorite tavern.
Picture : "Picture of a fig I made online for the ocasion"
A description of your character's personality : Ryess is now a methodic man but with the questionable way of doing thing. He seems to always hesitate to break the law, even if he seems to know exactly how to do it. When he does, he writes all the detail in a Purple book with the date. On the other side, when the book is turned over, it's a red book, he writes every life he saves or cures somebody. He didn't have a split personality, but his mind seems to be mixed up by that 2 sides of his life
A description of your character's past : In his childhood, Ryess was the one who was doing thing for everybody due to his lack of Physical fitness ..you know .. bullying... So he was always the one in trouble because of the bully request of his accommodation "friend". Soon he got skill and be caught, again, but this time by the local thief guild to do thing way better. While year past, he learns incredibly quick and gains status in the bigger league. But one day, on strike that has gone wrong and he has been caught and too strongly and wrongly accused of all planning and responsibility of it and the judge relies upon him with many other crimes ... Even with that little health, Ryess didn't "flinch" and stool no one... thanks to his incredible will.
That resilience brings him two things. Confidence and respect from the Balck Fist. But he was Strongly reformed by the clergy of Arcana... now Ryess has difficulty to not take all note of all his doing, mumbling some word about a $%?# Justice Calculator'S .. or something like that.