Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Dratoul
After the fall of Stone Haven

Game NameAfter the fall of Stone Haven
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemePost apocalyptic Earth where magic and technology collide
FlavourAliens, magic, supernatural, high tech and supers.
Plot Summary A Rifts RPG

It is May 5th in the 99th year of P.A. Almost 300 years after the ley lines of Earth erupted and brought ruin and death to Earth on a scale never thought possible. The world as you know it is long dead, remembered only by ruins and antiques.

In the old U.S. state of Oklahoma, the town of stone haven had risen form a small mining town into a prosperous city based around newly discovered oil reserves, a ley line nexus leading to a world of resources coveted by a race of psionic aliens and the weapons manufacturing company Stone Haven Armaments that supported it's own mercenary group called the "Gryphon Claw Mercenaries". The company recreated pre-rifts weapons and vehicles but with modern materials and weapons.

The town had drawn the attention of the Coalition in April 97 P.A., who offered the town protectorate status but the conditions of removal of all non-human elements including alien D-bees and magical/psychic humans and the closing of S.H.A. was unacceptable. A small skirmish war erupted and after a year a cease fire was drawn. This was only a ploy by the Coalition to build up it's forces and 4 months later, the Coalition launched a major offensive and the town fell within a matter of days.

The survivors are scattered and are now trying to recover from the attack and find a way to survive in this apocalyptic world where danger lurks around the next corner and adventure could take you around the twisted world.

Applications for my Rifts RPG game are nolonger being accepted, currently all 5 spaces are filled. Still message me to be put on the waiting list.

I am pretty open to anything from any of the Rifts books but I do have a few restrictions for the players.

1. No Gods, God-lings, adult dragons, alien intelligence's, etc.
2. Players wanting to play a character with MDC is restricted to 750 MDC.
3. Power pairing an already powerful racial class with a powerful O.C.C. will not be allowed.
4. Characters start at level 3.
5. If your character is in possession of a very powerful artifact/weapon/item at level 3, you may not be allowed to have it depending on what it is. It is highly unlikely a low leveled toon will be able to get something of the sort.

Please note that before you can post in the game your character must be approved by me first. If you have a pre-existing character or an idea for a character, PM me and we can discuss it first. Once completed, post your character in the application thread in full. I will have my main NPC character there as an example of a Rifts sheet, you can copy it and edit it in as needed.

If you are new to the game and do not have any books, I am also willing to help you in your character creation. Rifts characters can take a bit of time to those unfamiliar with the system.

Last edited by Dratoul; 04-22-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:47 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Popestar Popestar
Posting my interest for this. Thinking about some kind of quick draw gunslinger...just not sure on race. Will try to stick to core and maybe the new west.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Hey that sounds good, let me know what race you're thinking of.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 188
Egeslean Egeslean
I've never played a Rifts game. What books would I need for the basics?
Old 04-14-2019, 01:35 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Hey Egeslean, that would depend on what you want to do/be. The Ultimate edition rule book would be the best to start with to get your feet wet before you dive into the full spectrum of possibilities. If you know nothing about rifts, imagine every fantasy movie, sci-fi movie and post apocalyptic movie all rolled into one. We have elves and dwarfs to aliens and spaceship. In my game we have a dwarf in power armor (a glitterboy, basically a 10ft laser reflective coated body armor with a 8ft rail gun by a 4 ft pilot. He's definitely compensating for something.)
Old 04-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Popestar Popestar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratoul View Post
Hey that sounds good, let me know what race you're thinking of.
I'm going to keep things simple with race and just be Human. I could go something weird or wacky, but I'm not looking for that out of a character at the moment.

For OCC, I'm thinking the Wired Gunslinger (New West, Pages 107-110). The concept I've got going is this paranoid former ranch-hand who found himself unemployed after the farm he worked on got destroyed. Not sure on how the farm was destroyed; I'm leaning towards a land blight of some kind, or perhaps a massive dust storm that just choked the life out of the crops and/or the animals, but any natural disaster would work. Anyhow, he becomes unemployed and has to look outside the box to find cash/creds. He enlists in some corporate program to become security at another farm or ranch, and voila! He finds himself with an itchy trigger finger and the paranoia to get him to use it.

The only things I'd have to ask you about are:
  • On page 109, standard equipment lists MDC body armor of choice. Are there any restrictions to this? I'll probably pull something from one of the Northern Gun supplements (the entry says that NG is a popular choice), but I want to make sure that there isn't something off-limits or overpowered and get all set on it only to find out it isn't viable.
  • On page 110, standard equipment lists a robot horse or a brand new hover vehicle. I'm good with either, but I'd like to know which is the better option thematically for your world/version of America. I don't want to be riding around on a robotic horse if cities don't allow it, or riding around in a hover vehicle if the terrain isn't suitable for it.

I'm not expecting answers at this point; this is, after all, a planning thread. I assume questions will be answered if/once the game threads get created.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Hey,

Sounds great so far, as for NG body armor as long as it's regular body armor and not power armor or enhanced in anything out of the ordinary. Let me know what you're thinking and as for the robotic horse or hover vehicle? That is you're choice,whatever happens happens but you won't lose it. Horse maybe better although you'll be a head turning site if we go to any "civilized" major cities or where those types of things aren't common.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Popestar Popestar
Yeah, it's just MDC body armor, not powered or enhanced. Stock right out of the book with no mods, but I'll be sure to make sure before selecting it.

I like the horse; it goes with the concept I've got going. Now I just can't wait for your game thread(s) to get created so we can roll bones and get to creating characters!
Old 04-14-2019, 08:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Egeslean Egeslean
So I grabbed a copy of the Ultimate Edition you mentioned. I was just giving it a bit of a scan through and I didn't see much that really caught my eye until I came across the Mind Melter. I don't play many magic type characters (in fact the last time I played one was not long after D&D 3.5 came out), but something about it just..struck me.

I saw mention that psychics can have a hard time of things (I haven't read a lot of the background of the world/setting yet), is it a difficult 'class' to play/work with (how noob friendly is it basically)?
Old 04-15-2019, 08:41 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
gwythion
Expressing interest - It's been a while since I played Rifts, doesn't seem to pop up very often - but it was my first RPG way back when it was new.

Just to confirm - we're all basically going to be refugees from Stone Haven, so we should have been members of that community, right?
Old 04-15-2019, 09:35 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popestar View Post
Yeah, it's just MDC body armor, not powered or enhanced. Stock right out of the book with no mods, but I'll be sure to make sure before selecting it.

I like the horse; it goes with the concept I've got going. Now I just can't wait for your game thread(s) to get created so we can roll bones and get to creating characters!
Roll away, We can fit you into the game at Black Hawk where the characters are going. You can be an independent looking for work or a survivor from the Claw mercenaries who made it there after the fall.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:45 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egeslean View Post
So I grabbed a copy of the Ultimate Edition you mentioned. I was just giving it a bit of a scan through and I didn't see much that really caught my eye until I came across the Mind Melter. I don't play many magic type characters (in fact the last time I played one was not long after D&D 3.5 came out), but something about it just..struck me.

I saw mention that psychics can have a hard time of things (I haven't read a lot of the background of the world/setting yet), is it a difficult 'class' to play/work with (how noob friendly is it basically)?
The melter is one of the more powerful of the psi-classes and one of the more distrusted because of it. It can be a difficult class to play because of their reputation, once you're found out no one will really trust you. I'm usually up in the air on letting someone play but if you want you can give it a shot. Create your list of psionics and post it, you'll start at level 3. I just want to make sure it won't unbalance the game.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:49 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwythion View Post
Expressing interest - It's been a while since I played Rifts, doesn't seem to pop up very often - but it was my first RPG way back when it was new.

Just to confirm - we're all basically going to be refugees from Stone Haven, so we should have been members of that community, right?
You can be, like I told another prospect, you can either be a survivor or an independent. My NPC is, and the other posted in the Red River thread is an independent. If you want to be an independent or survivor, we can fit you in at the town of Black Hawk.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:12 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dratoul
Well well well, so far we have 4 prospects and one member already playing. So right now 1 of the spots have been accounted for and 4 more reserved. I still have one spot available and 5 days before applicants go to the waiting list.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Egeslean Egeslean
It's not done (any help finishing it would be appreciated, I'm a little overwhelmed XD but it seems like an interesting system).

I'm not exactly sure about the mind block auto defense, I don't know how useful it would actually be. If not that then I think I'd grab the Group Mind Block. (The current ISP doesn't reflect the auto-defense's ISP cost yet, since I'm not set in that choice.)

Also, does Alter Aura only work against those that can use See Aura? Or would using it also conceal the psionic from those using Detect Psionics?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cealdran Tethon.pdf (1.05 MB, 5 views)