Old Jan 14th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
NightDreamer09 NightDreamer09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
Nightwish and Within Temptation are my two poisons of choice at the moment.
That are not bad poisons... apart from the last 2 WT albums... that might be poisonous yes... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcbane View Post
Tarja, Anette, or Floor-era Nightwish?
Personally Anette and Tarja era are my favorites, you know the "the right music at the right time", I didn't listen much to the Floor era; I know Floor more with her After Forever and the Ayreon.
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Demandredd Demandredd
I'm going to buck the trend of popular opinion here and say that my preference is Anette-era, followed by Floor-era and finally Tarja. I didn't feel their output as was good when Tarja was fronting the band.

Again, with WT I'm a little strange, I tend to prefer their later stuff to earlier. I guess I'm just weird like that

Last edited by Demandredd; Jan 14th, 2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 07:30 PM
Unkillable Rock

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2691
Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder
Just watched the second Avatar "Ages" concert; it was awesome, and I've testified to my neighbors! And this time, I stretched my neck...

They played Feathers and Flesh, which was the album that introduced me to them. I absolutely love it for its amazing and baroque guitar work. Then they played Avatar Country...and Feathers and Flesh suddenly felt like a warm-up. What a show!

Two to go, and frankly, almost no one has heard of the stuff they'll be playing in two weeks, so if you're at all inclined toward Avatar, get in on the next one.

So can't wait for live shows to come back!
Old Yesterday, 03:17 AM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1677
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
I set up a new playlist on Spotify. The concept was "happy" songs, songs to put you in a good mood. Some of the ones that came out beyond 2000...I'm not so sure they fit the category, and I've taken one of them back off. Not that it wasn't a song I liked, it just didn't fit the mood I was going for. [Vanilla Twilight by Owl City].

Some of the songs have been pointed out by other reviewers as "bad" songs, or annoyingly catchy. "Mickey" by Toni Basil, "Physical" by Olivia Newton John, and "We Built This City" by Starship. But they all give off a positive vibe, and sometimes that's what I want.j
Old Yesterday, 04:29 AM
Sic itur ad astra

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1090
InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam InMemoriam
Oooooh I love Feel Good songs as well and I find that Monkey Majik's, Sheppard's, and American Authors' music really gives me that sort of whimsical, 'love of life' vibe.

Last edited by InMemoriam; Yesterday at 04:31 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6527
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
Waking up with Kanye West's 2013 album Yeezus. I haven't listened to it in a few years now, and it's made me remember that this was the last album I purchased as a physical object. Weird!
Do you love the challenge of creating a new, exciting character in response to a game prompt, but don't necessarily want to commit to playing that character over the course of an actual campaign? Then you should try the Monthly Character Application Contest!
Old Today, 12:17 AM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4861
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
I've been listening to a mix of things, namely:
A cup of Demon Dice (Content Warning: Strong Language)
A little bit of Infected Mushrooms
A pinch of Alestorm (Content Warning: Strong Language & Pirates)
A Smidgem of Glory Hammer
Sprinkle with some Billie Eilish (Content Warning: Girlboss)
Can't forget about Town in Chaos, always a classic!
And for when I'm writing up a Witcher TTRPG post, I always have the Lullaby of Woe on hand.