[OOC] The Tangled Vine Tavern - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Solo Games > New Gamers
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 186
tracman tracman
Hello everyone!

I too have been lurking for a little bit, but I thought I'd drop in and say hi! I like the idea of a solo game for new players, I haven't seen that anywhere else!
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Valfar666
Sitting here with a full tankard of brown ale, I am heartened to look around the tavern here and see others exchanging tales from rangings throughout the lands! Though a half-elf ranger with little experience beyond hunting game, I am eager to join the ranks of adventurers gathered round and recount adventures as well!
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Slider2288
Hello I am a real Green Horn when it comes to DnD and I am really interested in how things go and play out!! I put a App for the PF solo game, I am really new and was wonder if I am going the right way about this. I have some what started my Character sheet race class and what not but I don't know what the DM would want from me in the attributes and all. please HELP with tips.

p.s what would be a good way for a application on this site to get into a game?

Last edited by Slider2288; Aug 17th, 2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: to get a better understanding of the game
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46766
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Greetings, Slider.
You've posted an application in the proper thread, so you don't have to do anything further in regards to that. Once you have a DM, you'll get a new thread where you can take care of your attributes and such, no actual need to make a character sheet before then. But I'd suggest just coming up with a brief background for the character you do have in mind.

As for your P.S., do you mean how do you go about applying to other games on site?
Find the part of this site marked DM Seeking Players. Look through the different open threads until you find a game that sounds really appealing to you and is in need of players. You just follow the format that the DM of that game asks. Since you're new, I'd suggest finding a thread that's got several replies, and just read other applications from various players. You'll see what I mean once you read a few.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Hidden Assassin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 196
Rogue77 Rogue77
I cannot find anywhere where it is listed, I've searched for awhile, but is it possible to create more than one character. I mean I have one created, but If I play the solo game, and at the same time get pooled for another adventure what would happen in regards to characters? i guess my question simply is, can we create more than one character?
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
You will only be making one character for the solo game. Specifics in regards to PC creation will be in your solo thead.

Your NPSG will not be specifically tied to any other game you are fortunate enough to get in to on site.

Oh, you can make a character with the same race, class for your NPSG as a character you hope to play in another game, for sake of getting practice with that PC. If you want to play (for example) a thin, wiry, rapier wielding rogue in your solo game, and apply to any other game as a thin, wiry, rapier wielding rogue in your solo game, go right ahead. But they'd be completely different sheets.

Last edited by zevonian; Aug 22nd, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:27 PM
Hidden Assassin

Tools
User Statistics
Rogue77 Rogue77
I'm still not understanding fully. Lets say I have a rogue created and I'm playing one adventure with him, but I also get involved in another game, and I want a sorcerer. My character database>under tools says, "You may only create one character at a time". So, from what I have been reading on some posts, how do people have more than one character at any one time. Or do you simply just create another one? I'm scared I'll lose my current character that I just created if I try, so I was going to ask about first.

Forgive me if I'm unclear, or its a stupid question, but I just don't see it anywhere.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:39 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
You just create another character sheet, one for each character for each different game.

The part about "You may only create one character at a time" just means don't have open a bunch of browser tabs and try to generate multiple character forms simultaneously.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Hidden Assassin

Tools
User Statistics
Rogue77 Rogue77
Awesome! Ok, thanks. I just spent a lot of time on one and didn't want to lose it. This site is awesome so far, I'm definitely contributing to it.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:56 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah I have 3 character files/sheets just for NPSG samples. Never lost any when I made a new one for any other game. You should be fine if you make a new one, but I'll suggest you only work on 1 character at a time, and save regularly.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Hidden Assassin

Tools
User Statistics
Rogue77 Rogue77
Does anyone know of a good website to find the deities of Pathfinder? I've looked everywhere and the only one I came to was a wiki, just wondering?

It seems the main paizo.com site doesn't have any, or I'm not looking in the right spot. I swear Ive looked high and low.

I just found d20pfsrd? does most DM/GM's use this in their games or no?

Last edited by Rogue77; Aug 26th, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:41 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
The site linked PRD has no deities list, last I checked, but the main table of Pathfinder deities are within the Cleric class section of the actual Core Rulebook.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Hidden Assassin

Tools
User Statistics
Rogue77 Rogue77
Nevermind...I was on the wrong wiki page? there seems to be two of them, and one is virus ridden or ad ridden.
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54977
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
d20pfsrd.com is usually a good site, Rogue77, but be careful because they have included things from outside publishers, things that are not the standard Paizo material. Anything marked "3pp" is a third-party publisher, and all entries have citations/footnotes you can check. It can be easier to navigate d20pfsrd.com than the Paizo PRD, but you just have to keep your eyes open. Some DMs will allow third-party material, some won't. For the New Player Solo Game, stick to the core materials only.

As for deities, there is an unofficial Pathfinder wiki that you will find if you search for "golarion deities" (Golarion being the setting). I can't promise accuracy, but it does give a fairly good overview to point you in the right direction. I use it as a starting point when I look up deity information. Hope that helps!
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88207
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Hey Rogue, just ask RC what he allows for deities in his world. It will save you time hunting for Pathfinder gods.