Notices

Old Jun 15th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 486
The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag
Beautiful. Done

I'll complete the edited application tonight.

And you're okay with him being low on attack? Like I said, I'm ok with it. He's not really a fighter by my concept, but if it's going to be difficult to play as is, I can add some kind of attack to the mental array with those 4 pp. otherwise, I'll probably choose to spend them on advantages, maybe skills or wealth.

Last edited by The Firkraag; Jun 15th, 2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Still at Large

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9984
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Sucker Punch
Alting off of Thought Thief/

Close Damage 10. Feature: Attacks with Deception vs better of Perception or Insight (5pp), Affects Insubstantial 1 (1pp) Alternate Resistance (Will, 1/r), Reversible (1pp), Sense Dependent: Sight. Cost: 17pp (1pp as an alt)

Idea is thus: You punch with your normal strength, attempting to trick the target into believing they've been hit harder than they really have. Roll Deception (I will ACTUALLY make you roll instead of using Skill mastery, as compensation I'll give you a +2 bonus for this purpose only, total +22) vs the better of the targets Perception or Insight. If successful, target rolls their Will defense to resist DC 25 Damage, Mental Descriptor.

The focus required will force you to lose your current mimicked personality upon use. Target must be able to see the attack to be affected by the extra damage.

Tl Dr: It'll let you use deception (sans skill mastery) to make Damage 10 attack checks resisted by Will, at the cost of losing your current copied personality, and it only affects targets who can see the attack (surprise rounds can still work though, just gotta RP it).
Sound good? Still have 3pp to spend on whatever (but no more alts).

Last edited by WhovianBeast; Jun 15th, 2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good.
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 11:52 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22142
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Well summer storms and the power and internet outages aside, here is the roughdraft. I opted to go for more the martial artist route, it fits the character's experiences thus far much better. I still need to make some tweaks (particularly with skills which are incomplete) and I'm sure there are math errors, as there always are, but wanted to get this much up at least.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; Jun 16th, 2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 01:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
WIP

Name: Tom Sawyer
Abilities Defence Ranks
Strength
Stamina
Dexterity
Agility
Fighting
Intelligence
Awareness
Presence
DefenceAbilityRankTotalImp
Dodge3+912(0)
Parry0+1212(0)
Toughness0Defensive Roll+6 Undercover Shirt+28/0(0)
Fortitude0+89(0)
Will0+1212(0)

Total PPs24 Power Points spent on Abilities + 41 Power Points spent of Defences65
AdvantagesSkillsEquipment
Attractive 2
Alternate Identity
Benefit, Athletics based on Agility
Benefit, Wealth 1
Connected
Defensive Roll 6
Eidetic Memory
Hide in Plain Sight
Luck 2
Skill Mastery (Deception)
Skill Mastery (Stealth)
SkillAbilityBaseRankTotal
AcrobaticsAgility437
AthleticsAgility437
Close CombatFighting000
DeceptionPresence51015/ with Sucker Punch17
Expertise: HackingIntelligence257
Expertise: Document ForgeryIntelligence23[B]5/[B]
InsightAwareness01010
IntimidationPresence505
InvestigationIntelligence055
PerceptionAwareness077
PersuasionPresence549
Ranged CombatDexterity202
Sleight of HandDexterity268
StealthAgility4913
TechnologyIntelligence235
Total Power Points

Cell Phone (Smartphone)
Concealable Microphone
Flashlight
Hold-out Pistol
Lock Release Gun
Mini-tracer
Multitool
Parabolic Microphone
Toolkit (Basic)
Undercover Shirt

Last edited by The Firkraag; Jun 19th, 2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
By the way, I like the loss of mimicked personality part, on the sucker punch. Makes breaking character cost me something. He's a sneaker not a fighter. He considers it blowing it if he has to resort to violence. He'll be shaken.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; Jun 16th, 2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Still at Large

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
The first is perfectly fine. I can always sic the FBI on you later, it's much harder to do the same with the first.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Still at Large

Tools
User Statistics
Palladia, I'll be getting to your build in a bit.

Oh yeah, and you'll both be getting in. We put it to a vote. It was unanimous.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome! Thanks!

Regarding my coded sheet, I hope it's ok that's it's different. I enjoy coding. It took about four hours so far lol. When it's finished if anyone wants to steal the code feel free.

Last edited by The Firkraag; Jun 16th, 2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Still at Large

Tools
User Statistics

I think you still have 1pp after taking Skill Mastery: Stealth and Benefit: Wealth 1. And you need to list motivations and complications, including the obvious one(s).

Last edited by WhovianBeast; Jun 17th, 2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Still at Large

Tools
User Statistics
Palladia:

I'm getting 15pp as the Skill total.
Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Athletics 0 (+2)
CC Sword 9 (+13)
CC Unarmed 9 (+13)
Deception 3 (+5)
Insight 6 (+8)
Intimidation 0(+2)
Perception 6 (+8)
Persuasion 0 (+2)
Stealth 6 (+10)

6+9+9+3+6+6+6=45. 45/3=15pp.

You need Defensive roll 2 to get to 6 toughness, not defensive roll 1.

Define physical traits for Weaken purposes.

In the Aura array, Damage costs 21, Weaken costs 26, and the Feature costs 1, for a total of 48pp. You may have missed that Damage effects require three ranks of Increased Duration to reach continuous (1 is concentration, 2 is sustained, 3 is continuous).

By normal vermin, I presume you mean "not Plague's", which is fine, but I'll let Enoch/Graven have the option to protect normal vermin under your normal influence, k?

Rather than phrase the Limited Regeneration like that, how about you heal (Total Degrees of Failure)/10 damage conditions, rounded to the nearest whole number, for the same cost?

I won't make you need immunity to your own powers, you can just have that (so long as they aren't be mimicked).

Trying to figure out how you got Equipment 2, with only a 4 EP sword.

Assuming Equipment 2 and free Immunity to Own Powers, your build is still 157pp. Skills cost 3 more than anticipated, Damage cost 5 more than anticipated, and -1 from the free Immunity.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22142
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Well like I said, WiP. There are still other changes that need to be made.

She doesn't have Defensive Roll at all, that was a copy/paste error from the sheet I copied this one's format from. I forgot to list the equipment as well. In addition to the sword she has an undercover shirt (the equivalent anyway), that's where the other 2 points of toughness come from and where the equipment points went. There will be a couple minor items to round out the 10 EP but I haven't picked them yet.

Physical traits would include strength, stamina, agility, and dexterity. Beyond that the power would hit certain powers on a case-by-case basis. Some forms of regeneration most likely, flight that is the result of wings, and leaping come to mind. "Broad" as an advantage is pretty vague as far as what it can hit so I'm not sure how much would be too much. I don't want to go all power-gamey and say "durr it hits everything!" but I want it to be thorough as well. The basic idea is that if starving to death and being deprived of all biological fuel would mess this ability or power up, it hits it. Sorry about the vagueness, it's an odd power so it's a little hard to define. If it needs to just hit the stats to make it simple (as I think it's pretty easy to justify those four stats getting hit) that's fine too.

Whatever is easiest to define the regeneration is fine. The effect is that she's devouring the energy she siphons off and that's the best way I could think to define it.

By "vermin" I mean ordinary rats, bugs, basically small, trivial things that wouldn't survive a rank 5 damage effect anyway. It's really just a means of "yeah let's not roll for that, it's just dead". Graven's power would by definition not count as "ordinary".

One question I have - it may be that I actually want sustained rather than continuous anyway, I've never been entirely clear on the finer differences between the two.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; Jun 16th, 2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Still at Large

Tools
User Statistics
1. Fine
2. Okay, we'll go with that, I may define it more clearly later.
3. Fine.
4. What about babies?

Sustained requires a free action to maintain, and ends if a character is unable to perform the free action. Like a human holding a brick. You can hold the brick as long as you please, but you need to intend to do so.

A continuous action is one that requires no effort, just off/on. Human sight, for example, could be considered a continuous action, with 'off' being closing your eyes and 'on' opening them.
Old Jun 17th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Would it be more useful for me to take (benefit: Use Agility for athletics) or another level of wealth? The level of wealth he has is not really that important to me, since he's a criminal. Easy come, easy go.

I'm dropping alternate identities to 1, since he doesn't really need them to get by. He's got his real secret identity and one that I'll define clearly, that he uses for all non-criminal activities. Then he's got the myriad of whatever one offs that he uses for work. If anything, I think I'll take another expertise in document forgery. Does that sound appropriate?

Also, you have me at Defensive roll 8, but it's at six. The other two toughness points come from his Undercover shirt and only apply to ballistic damage.

Last edited by The Firkraag; Jun 17th, 2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old Jun 17th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Still at Large

Tools
User Statistics
Right now, Expertise: Document Forgery is at +5 (+2 base, +3 from presumably the point you spent in it). It sounds good to me.

Between those two, probably agility for athletics.

Think I'm waiting on consolidated motivations and complications before getting you started, then. And deciding between wealth 2 and benefit: agility for athletics.