twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 04:00 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8066
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Rori looks like he's actually all ready. I missed that little guy.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9683
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Great. This is a good time to bring up that we should be discussing characters more. Going through new recruit apps right now to figure out what fits.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
What kind of input, if any are you looking for from us? Also how are you deciding groups?
Old 04-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
I'm trying to balance groups and sort of work with what fits for the character backstories. So I'll look through yours and what everyone else has done to see where I'm at for motivations and goals, and then whatever groupings I can make that balance classes with RP comparability with tensions is going to work out the groups for me.

So, all the SoW folks may not be together in the same group, fair warning. But I've got a rough idea of the groups right now. Just want to figure out the first arc for each of the groups. You're all playing in Ab'Cal for the first arc, but each group is going to have a very different game. It's going to feel like an MMORPG a little in the sense that you guys will be running around the same place but not running into o each other. But you'll notice things that are a result of the other groups.

This may very well blow up in my face. We'll see. I can either have 2 very large groups, or 3 comfortable groups.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
If there's anyone you notice in the apps though that you think you may have issue with, send me a pm or secret it to me here.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Destroyer of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 844
MasterMind007 MasterMind007 MasterMind007 MasterMind007 MasterMind007 MasterMind007 MasterMind007
I'll finish my writeup tomorrow, but basically my character is a simple wood elf hunter who has a potential for "rift magic" stuff from the Horizon Walker tree, and Samon's character notices and trains him. He'll be friendly, optimistic, a bit naive and generally cheerful. That's the gist of it, so you can get a better idea of where he'd fit before I finish.

Also sorry once again, it's been a busy few weeks.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:57 AM
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2005
Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky
Sorry I haven't had a moment free to update my stuff. It has been busy.

Also, I may need a hand figuring things out, Montage.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
Sure thing. Let me know what questions you have!
Old 04-03-2017, 06:06 PM
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2005
Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky
It is mostly just about how the world at large would treat her, and what route she would be most likely to take. I think that she may be a bit of an outlaw in terms of her magic ability... if that is possible. She studied in secret as long as she could, but is perhaps joining this group as part of her effort to become legitimate?

Also, you asked for someone in the app that is not a friend, I was thinking of someone that is actively hunting her, but I would rather have your help making that kind of npc than trying to do it on my own.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 833
Stupideddard3120 Stupideddard3120 Stupideddard3120 Stupideddard3120 Stupideddard3120 Stupideddard3120 Stupideddard3120
I was actually wondering if you could suggest an appropriate city for Darren to be from. As you mentioned before​, it doesn't really make sense for him to be from Ab'Cal as he would be wanted by both the watch and the criminal underground but I didnt know where to say he was from otherwise. That said, I like a lot of the apps and would be happy to play with most any of them.
Also from a mechanical standpoint, if I am planning on being a dex fighter, do you think dual rapiers be worth the feat to dual wield? And am I able to sell the chainmail to get a chain shirt or some form of medium armor instead?
Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, both good questions. I'll start a private thread for both of your characters to discuss these points. I'll msg you here once it's done.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:13 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, threads created for your characters. Let's ask questions in there! haha. When others are ready let me know and we'll get threads up for you guys too.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
I'm ready for a character thread too.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:01 PM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
I'll be good for one as well, although I'll need to think of some important questions to ask ;;
Old 04-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1438
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
Hey Montage,

I've kinda been a bit away with the faeries for the last coupla weeks, but I'm back up to speed now. Was wondering if there's still scope to put in a character, or If I've somewhat missed that boat?
Closed Thread