Story Chapter 002 - The Raid - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Goblins of Goblinton (Evil)
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3108
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Chapter 002 - The Raid

The Raid
A large group of goblins gathered outside BigDeath's house. Each wanting an opportunity to improve their situation: Be it with shinnies or new weapons from the plunder, approval from the BugBears or the other gobbos. Spears were in the hands of most of the goblins, some had short bows and a few even had steel swords and armour (Those more experienced). As the Raggles approached a few goblins moved out of your way, the respect from the killing of the big pig still fresh in everyone's memory. The closer you got to the front the harder it was to push your way through. You were able to get an idea of where you now fit in the peeking order in Goblinton. The giant pig had moved you up the totem pole of respect but not all the way to the top. Other goblins, more experienced in raids and attacking things other than animals, would not move and would not allow you passed. Tempting to push a little too far saw a group of four goblins turn at you with steel drawn. Each one of them with steel in their hands. They called themselves the Blue Hoods. Not much older than yourselves but they did go on the last raid which turned out to be very profitable for all involved.

left-aligned image
The pushing and jostling for position ended before blows could be exchanged when BigDeath pushed through the animal hide door of his House. The large BugBear who always looked angry looked out over the group of gobbos with his last two handed maul over one shoulder. Behind him walked MetalFang
right-aligned image
Metalfang, named because he had Soot's father Soot tip molten metal onto his teeth. The late Soot was killed for causing Metalfang pain. Now it is easy to tell which Goblin's around Goblinton he has bitten because one tooth leaves a much nastier scar.
MetalFang and Bigshred
right-aligned image
The oldest of the Bugbear leaders but is also the smallest.
BigShred Behind them walked BigDeath's personal goblins: One held a handful of javelins for BigDeath, the other carried a shortsword.

"Our scouts found a bunch of pathetic half-man wagons. Easy to kill them and take them all. I lead main raid party. MetalFang lead the other. I will crush them and stop their escape, MetalFang will attack their head and stop them." BigDeath looked pointed to a dozen gobbos including the Blue Hoods. "You mine."
MetalFang then stepped forward he looked at a number of gobbos before his eyes fell on the Raggles. "Let's see if you as strong as you say Raggles."

With that BigDeath began barking orders for gobbos to fetch food of the journey and water. BigShred began kicking goblins away sending them on their duties or just clearing them away. MetalFang approached you all. "You never done raid before. You do what I say or da Half-men not be your worry it be me." Without waiting for a reply he stormed off in the direction of his hut leaving you standing their.

Last edited by Xalnaga; 12-15-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3701
Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco
Iggy, Female Forest-Goblin Druid
left-aligned image

Iggy was out of her element for most of that pre-raid briefing of sorts. A loner who loved the large, free spaces of the woods, the young druid found the throng of high-strung gobbos very disconcerting. As she and her brothers pushed their way near the front of the masses, she could feel hands copping a feel of her behind. By the time they'd stopped behind the Blue Hoods, her face, usually greenish-gray, had become nearly as red as her coppery hair.

Now there they were, standing right outside Metalfang's big hut like a disorganized mob. "What we do now?" she asked aloud, turning to her brothers and some of the more experienced goblins in the group. "We just wait here for 'Fang?"

While she loathed the bugbears and their brash, violent ways, Iggy respected their strength. If the gobbos were to rise against them, they'd need to be organized and driven. The young druid figured that if she and her brothers managed to get a raid or two under their belt, they'd get enough respect among the gobbos to form a rebel group, or at least begin a secret group that would eventually grow strong enough to topple the bugbears' rule.

OOC

Old 12-16-2016, 04:11 AM
Dustman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 157
Spellthief Spellthief
MorbidMoving through a crowd of other goblins Morbid felt that he finally came to a point in his short life where his existence meant something. No more stupid fetch jobs, no more tolerating the abuse of others. Now he is equal to the most. And if someone disagrees, he has his magic to back his word. I will show them what my magics worth!

Morbid's train of self important thoughts was interrupted by a gang of steel toothing goblins, that didn't reacted well to his siblings pushing. Knowing Blue Hoods reputation, he moved closer expecting the confrontation. Luckily, the BigDeath decided to present himself in front of the mob of goblins, explaining the plans for the raid, thus ending possible fight. "Ah, his royal ugliness appeared!" He whispered so that only Iggy and his brothers could hear. While doing so, he noticed that her face had slightly different color. "What's with you, Iggy? Did those Blue Morons hurt you?" Not that he cared that much, but they still were the family.

All of the for Morbid sudden BigDeath appeared in front of them with motivational speech. "We sure will!" He shouted, but the big bugbear was already gone. Slightly confused he turned to his brothers and sister: "So, anyone heard when exactly is the raid?"

Stats

Last edited by Spellthief; 12-16-2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:11 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 419
bratr bratr bratr bratr bratr
ZorbZorb marched at the head of the raggles, or as much at the head as he could as their group pushed and flowed their way toward the front. Zorb wanted to stand right before Bigdeath. He would show the demons that he was worthy to stand in their shadow. His family would be elevated above the disloyal goblins. Zorb spat as he thought about any goblin being disloyal. Who could dare not serve such power.

With each step they took, Zorb’s side ached, but with each step closer to glory, he felt the pain less. Zorb could see the front of the mob, and made a move for it, but the goblins he tried to push aside, did not move, they only turned. Blue Hoods. They drew their steel and looked at Zorb intimidatingly.

Zorb raised his hammer in preparation for a fight. He would prove himself, these blue faced rats would not stop that. All their attention was however drawn away by the entrance of Bigdeath. Zorb dropped to one knee and bowed his head. He had seen a picture of a knight is heavy armor, kneeling like this before a God, it seemed only appropriate when in an audience with Bigdeath. His face contorted in disgust when he realized none of the other goblins had the same reverence. He peeked between the legs of the front goblins. He looked jealously at the honour guard of Bigdeath. That was where he wanted to be. This raid would be a chance to prove himself.

"You never done raid before. You do what I say or da Half-men not be your worry it be me."

“I obey.”

Being selected by Metalfang was certainly an honour, but that didn't stop Zorb from getting angry that the Blue Hoods would go with Bigdeath. When the demons retreated back into their huts, Zorb straightened.

“We wait til he says. We follow orders. A raid is where we regain lost honor, Morbid. I make our family first servants of Bigdeath, then all the gobos will do what we say. All we gotta do is kill all the half-men.”

Zorb swung his hammer in demonstration. In his head he entertained the thought of smashing a Blue Hood's head. Zorb served the demons, and the best service would be replacing the Blue Hoods with themselves.

OOC

Old 12-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Certified Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1451
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf
Swagz the Bard
right-aligned image

Taking the rear of the Raggles' procession, young Swagz had a definite pride in his swagger, with his chin up and his chest forward. He could hear the murmurs and whispers of awe and adoration from many of those gathered as he passed by. He'd even gotten a high five from a couple of his old buddies, Crard and Plegot. Truly, it was magnificent to be Swagz the Magnificent.

But then they came up to the Blue Hoods, and the young bard had an immediate and shocking revelation - that his fame and magnificence weren't all that great after all. Casually but carefully, the sly and cunning goblin positioned himself behind Zorb and Morbid, making sure that there were solid bodies between himself and the Hoods.

Just as he was about to hurl the first of a long string of the filthiest and nastiest insults he could fathom, BigDeath practically called everyone to order. Lucky Hoods, Swagz thought as both the Raggles and the Blue Hoods silently called off their confrontation and turned toward their fearsome leader. I could have called ye so many snot names ye'd have all crawled back yer Mumzee's belly!

When the bugbear leader finally began barking orders in that intimidating voice of his, Zorb fell to one knee like a worshiper. Swagz turned to meet Morbid's gaze, and rolled his heterochromatic eyes with incredulity, mouthing to his brother, Get a load a this.

To make matters more incredulous, Zorb continued his fan-boy antics even after the bugbears had departed for their huts in preparation for the raid. Swagz knew better than to kill his brother's only mojo, and so went along with it, knowing fully well that the rest of his siblings knew what he was trying to do.

"Ye arr so right, Zorb, me brother," Swagz said in a proud tone. "If we can show these lowly scum how goodsies we arr, we sure be top gobbos in Goblinton! An' with ye leadin' us from the front, us Raggles cannot go wrong." He clapped his burly brother on his broad back, which to the young bard felt like chiseled stone. "Ye keep to that hammer, and keep on bashin' half-men heads in. We sure to get on BigDeath's good side!"

OOC

Old 12-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Narrative
Goblins ran left and right, into and out of Mums, visiting Zroom or Mush & Mush as well as into Soots place. Weapons were gathered and sharpened. Prayers were said in front of the various shrines about the town ship. BigDeath's roaring could be heard ordering goblins about urging them to hurry. It sounded like there was a small window of opportunity that BigDeath did not want to miss.

OODM
Just a wee note to give you all something to play off. I am ready to move forward when and how you all are.

Last edited by Xalnaga; 12-18-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco
left-aligned image

With the others falling into a mad scramble to prepare for the upcoming raid, Iggy took the time to make some more meaningful preparations of her own. She made her way casually to the edge of the woods, and squatted on a particularly large and smooth boulder, facing in the direction of the woods. She closed her amber eyes, and after finding her center and her focus, reached out with her mind and spirit toward the heart of the forest.

A few moments more, and several paces before her appeared a floating mote of brilliant, amber light. At the same time, Iggy felt warmth spread throughout her body, as if she were in a warm, loving embrace. Soon enough, she felt the familiar, gentle probing of her consciousness. Lowering her guard, she allowed the entity into her mind.

'Allo, Iggy, child, came the entity's greeting in Iggy's mind, the voice much like an elderly female goblin's. 'Tis been a while since you've been to see me, hasn't it?

Smiling warmly, the young druid projected her thoughts back toward the entity. Yea, 'tis been a while, she replied. Sorry 'bout that. Ran into some trouble while out hunting. Me brothers such dum-dums. They needs me to keep 'em in line.

Ah, and you have done splendidly well, the entity said, its well-constructed speech patterns quite out of place for the goblin voice that it chose to use. They are your family. Keep them close, and keep them well.

Yes, yes, Iggy responded, eager to get to the crux of her issue. Well, y'see, Forest Spirit, last night me have very strange dream. Me reflection was changing shape. One time, me was bear. Then, me was wolf. Then, me was tiger. Over an' over, diff'rent beastie each time. Know anythin' abouts it?

Iggy felt rather than heard the entity give a warm, sympathetic laugh. 'Tis alright, child. 'Tis simply the power within you awakening. Don't fear it, Iggy dear. You must embrace it, channel it, let it flow through you. You will see. When your need is great, that power will let itself be known. Unleash it then, and see for yourself the power that Nature herself has blessed you with.

Before Iggy can respond, the single mote of glowing light split apart into three separate motes, which then sped in different paths back into the woods. The young druid felt the spiritual and psychic connection become severed, and immediately understood that the Forest Spirit had retreated into the forest once more. She hadn't had the chance to ask for clarifications. Me guess me will have to find out laters what she means.

The young goblin stood from her seated position, and looked to the sky. It was a clear morning, with few clouds to hide the glaring sun. She wondered why the bugbears wanted a raid in daylight. Naturally gifted with the ability to see in darkness, goblins typically have advantage over the half-men at night. There was something special about this raid, and the young druid could feel it.

She turned around then, and hopped off the boulder - and discovered that there were three younger goblins gathered there. It would seem that they had been watching her commune with the Forest Spirit, and had been awestruck by the magical sight. Looking to bring their minds back to reality, Iggy gestured toward a plant that was close to withering, and caused that plant to spring back to vibrant life, with flowers springing forth from it. The goblin druid picked the flowers, and handed one to each of the younger ones.

"If ye'll wait for me here in town, me can teach yous how to do that," she said with a warm smile, gently tapping each child on the chin. Each of the goblin children nodded excitedly, their eyes wide, still speechless from the very strange experience.

With that, Iggy waved to the children, and moved to regroup with her siblings in front of Metalfang's hut.

OOC

Old 12-19-2016, 12:19 AM
Insert clever title here

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 519
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Ties Knots, Male Forest-Goblin Rogue
right-aligned image

Watching his fellow goblins scurry about as if struck by a slaver's whiplash amused Ties Knots. He was ready for the raid the moment he arrived, and was slightly irritated that he would have to wait for the unprepared. He made is way to the nearest shrine of Khurgorbaeyag, making sure to pick a spot outside the press but within sight of the shrine. Unlike the usual followers such as his brother Zorb, Ties didn't worship The Overseer because he wanted to maintain the current hierarchy. Instead, Ties wanted to carve a hierarchy of his own; with the Raggle clan on top. Witnessing Zorb kneeling and swearing loyalty during BigDeath's speech; Ties saw an entirely different speech in his head. Zorb was front and center, to show the strength of the clan. Swagz was doing the speaking, driving the Gobbos into a fever with his word tricks. Morbid stood to the right, with the might of Goblin magics. Iggy stood to the left, with the backing of the elders and shamen. And Ties himself was not seen, though the Gobbos present knew he was there, watching for signs of treachery.

While he fantasized about this new order, which is what passed for worship from Ties, he was tying teeth into his hair as a fetish of sorts. The biggest tooth was one of the boar's molars. Ties needed to spend some time carving a hole through it in order to be able to anchor it properly. The other two teeth belonged to the Pixies, and were more precious. The boar tooth represented strength of family and the Pixie teeth represented his skill. Both would be needed if his fantasy was to become a reality.

As he tied the Pixie teeth, he thought back to BigDeath's speech. He mentioned half-men wagons. It occurred to Ties that in the commotion that followed their arrival at Goblinton, the wagons he saw were not mentioned. This was good. If it were the same wagons and the Raggles were found to have known about them and fled... That would be bad. Best not to mention it.

When he finished his fetish, Ties headed over to MetalFang's hut to join the rest of the raiding party. Surely they must be ready to go by now.

OOC

Old 12-19-2016, 03:51 PM
Dustman

Tools
User Statistics
Spellthief Spellthief
MorbidWhile Morbid did his best pretending to be a loyal goblin in front of their bugbear master, he noticed that Zorb apparently truthfully followed every BigDeath's word to the best of his ability. It would have been amusing for him if it was not entirely stupid in his opinion. Moments later Iggy disappeared from their sight running off to do whatever tree-loving druids do somewhere and Ties was nowhere to be found.

Not entirely sure what to do with himself until raid, Morbid thought for a second if he should pay his old master. He could use some of the C's tools to make one of his special toys. It always helped him to focus, not to mention it was fun to set it in motion. Besides, every goblin could use a torch while raiding. Especially since he still didn't had a way to do it with his magics. He turned to the rest of his siblings and with a quick nod said: "I'll come back before we leave." Then he walked towards C's home.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:39 PM
Certified Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1451
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf
Swagz the Bard
right-aligned image

Noticing that even his own siblings had gone along with the scattering of the gobbos, Swagz was inspired to go skipping along to Mumz's hut. He'd served as apprentice to the old gobbo for until just days ago, and the young bard had been eyeing a particular item in that hut.

"Mornin', Mumzees!" Swagz hollered in greeting over the din being raised by the other goblins looking for Mumz's approval and blessing for the raid. "Me is joinin' raid with Metalfang! Me borrows yer drums, yes?"

Without really bothering with a reply from the old goblin who was steadily being swamped by a wave of excited, young goblins out on their first raid, Swagz weaved and shoved his way to the far end of the hut. Lifting the lid of an old, battered chest, his mismatched eyes laid upon a pair of wooden hand drums with animal-hide drum heads. With much reverence, he lifted the hand drums, which were as old and battered as the chest that contained them.

After admiring them for a few more moments, the young bard exited the hut, carrying the drums over his head. "Thanks, Mumz!" he called out as he passed her. "Me brings them back after raid!" Of course, he had no intention of ever giving it back. If the old gobbo ever replied to him, the young bard hadn't heard it.

Once in the greater freedom of movement allowed by the outside, Swagz strapped the drums onto the broad belt around his waist. After giving them a series of trial thumps, he began beating a more upbeat rhythm, maintaining it as he made his way back to rejoin his brothers outside of Metalfang's hut.

OOC

Old 12-20-2016, 02:03 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 419
bratr bratr bratr bratr bratr
ZorbZorb felt buoyed by Swagz speech. His strange wrong-eyed brother did have a way with words that Zorb could appreciate. If Swagz was interested in appeasing the demons as well, that would make it easier to keep them all motivated.

As Iggy, Swagz, and Morbid scattered to prepare, Zorb turned his own mind to getting himself ready. The hammer in his hand felt good and armor covered his small red form. His body was ready, it was time to prepare his soul. Zorb walked towards the shrine of Khurgorbaeyag.

Zorb was surprised to see his brother Ties standing and looking towards the shrine. He did not realize Ties also followed the Overseer. He touched his brother on the shoulder, nodding as a sign of acknowledgement of their shared reverence. He moved forward towards the shrine. He understood why others stood back, the Overseer was oppressive and fear-inspiring. However Zorb had surrendered completely. Khurgorbaeyag’s whip was a welcome sting on his shoulders. Zorb pushed his way to the front and fell on his knees and bent to the ground. He began praying feverishly.

“I call on da great Overseer, come order us, drive us, gobos, so we can crush the half-men. We’re gonna step on the backs of the “free” races ‘coz they seek to kill us and stop us from serving you! Show us oh-preh-shin so we may thus oh-press our enemies. Allow us to serve as your tool. Use us to enslave the stupid half-pigs. Let your cracking whip be at our heels and drive us to VICTORY!!”

Zorb started quiet, praying for himself, but quickly his voice spread to the goblins gathered at the shrine and his final words were delivered in a near shout. Zorb felt a strange burning sensation within his chest; like the sharp lash of a whip, but on his heart. Zorb felt a sense of awe, he had never actually felt Khurgorbaeyag. Had his god actually taken a moment to consider a worm? Zorb somehow knew, I have been given a curse to share with the half-men.

Zorb walked back to the front of Metalfang’s hut. Glorious hatred burning inside, a confident sneer on his face, he said with conviction, “Half-men are as gud as dead”

OOC

Old 12-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Narrative
SwagzMumz called out after Swagz You mangy half-rotted dog if you die out there and don't bring me drums back I'll talk to Spirit Gob and we'll trap your ghost in BigDeath's toilet!" Swags knew that if she didn't min him taking it she would have stopped him, she would have whipped him like she did when he first started his apprenticeship.

Zorb & TiesTies felt the hand of his brother then watched the performance/prayer. From the back Ties could see a couple of gobbos move out the way of Zorb. As he yells 'drive us to VICTORY' Ties can see from the back multiple gobbos cower in fear. One in particular lies prostrate face down in ground. Once Zorb leaves the others stand and go about their business.

MetalFang's hut
Standing outside MetalFang's hut you can continue to hear the hustle and bustle of Goblinton. You can make out a soft low grumbly murmur coming from inside the hut.

OODM
If you wish you can make a perception check DC18 to listen in.

Last edited by Xalnaga; 12-20-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:11 AM
Insert clever title here

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 519
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Ties Knots, Male Forest-Goblin Rogue
right-aligned image

As much as Zorb annoyingly reminded him of their father, Ties was impressed by the display he saw at the shrine of Khurgorbaeyag. Ties himself felt a brief impulse to cower. This was good.

But that's the long plan. Today Ties needed to focus on the current mission. Success here meant more trust and favors from the Bugbears. Failure means...well, Ties wasn't planning to fail. As he thought about the human wagons he saw, and how best to attack them, he realized he had already arrived at MetalFang's hut.
Dice Perception check, 6 Million Dollar Man Style:
1d20+5sh18 (10)+5 Total = 15
Hearing something going on inside, he pulls some of his greasy hair over his right ear to leave it exposed in order to hear better.

OOC

Old 12-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

In reaching the bugbears' huts, Iggy saw that her brothers had already gathered there - well, with the exception of the spell-slinging Morbid. Ties and Zorb were approaching from the direction of the temple, while Swagz was approaching from Mumz's hut, a pair of old, beaten drums strapped to his belt.

Zorb had announced something about the half-men being dead, and Iggy was about to get back with a snappy retort when her ears caught low murmuring coming from within Metalfang's hut. "Sssh!" The young druid raised a hand to signal quiet - well, at least to her brothers. She saw Ties taking the initiative to listen in. Pressing her good, left ear against the wooden wall of the hut,
Dice Wisdom (Perception) check:
1d20+6sch18 (7)+6 Total = 13
Iggy tried to likewise listen in on the conversation within.

OOC

Old 12-21-2016, 05:36 PM
Dustman

Tools
User Statistics
Spellthief Spellthief
OOCIt didn't took much time for Morbid to find his former master's hut. He was busy as always, doing what he did best: candles and torches. Watching silently C's work, he thought that even though he spent plenty of time helping him, he never had a chance to actually know him. Not that he wanted anyway. Trying not to disturb him, he just took several torches from the pile. "Just came for the torches C. Good chances to burn some half-men." He considered just stealing the torches, but decided against that. There is a chance C could be useful in the future. "Five coins for five torches. Should be fair C, right?" With that he dropped five copper pieces on the nearest table and went back.

When Morbid came back he saw his siblings desperately trying to hear what is going on inside MetalFang's hut. "Here, I brought everyone a torch. Good for burning half-mens houses. Use it smart." He dropped four of them on the ground for everyone to pick. "What's going on there? Did you heard anything? Let me try!" Being impatient goblin he just couldn't resist. He found the biggest hole in the doorway and
Dice Perception (Wisdom):
d20 12
pressed his ear hard next to it.