Story Chapter 002 - The Raid - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Goblins of Goblinton (Evil)
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 01-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Spellthief's Avatar
Spellthief Spellthief is offline
Dustman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 157
Spellthief Spellthief
Posts: 433
MorbidUnimpressed by bugbear's plan Morbid thought about the possible opportunities in the upcoming battle. They were supposed to lock half-men on the bridge, which was decent enough of a plan assuming they won't be spotted in the first place. And apparently no one had any back up plan in case things will go bad.

Besides that, there was definitely an opportunity to get rid of MetalFang and blame half-men. After all, there were four Raggles and only one bugbear. But Zorb could be stupid enough to side with MetalFang. Their poor "loyal" brother apparently even took the beating as a sign of favor.

Suddenly, the idea struck him: "Iggy, your plan is good. But BigDeath will take all the glory for the battle... I think we can play a better role here." He turned to address their bugbear leader. "MetalFang deserves all the glory! You are truly the strongest of the tribe and could easily get rid of puny half-men yourself. So everyone will know who is the best, as it supposed to be!" He carefully chose the intonation playing on bugbear's possible desire of power... "Just imagine if you will be the one who brings the victory! Surely even BigDeath will have to mind that when dealing with you... And maybe, just maybe... it is the time for the real, most powerful Bugbear to rise to power..." Taking a long pause, he decided to deliver the finishing part: "When Half-men will run to our side of the bridge, face them yourself and kill as many as you can, that will show everyone who is really in charge! We will be at your side, if you'll need any aid. And seeing the mighty bugbear you are, you won't need it most likely." He did his best to bow, trembling before the bugbear. For some reason he felt familiar trembling in his body. One that he usually experienced in his dream.

The chances for MetalFang suicidally charge at half-men and die trying to kill them all by himself were slim. That and the chances of any half-men even be alive after BigDeath's attack. But if he will, there is a chance that MetalFang will be hurt enough, so that Morbid can finish him safely with his magic. There were some holes in his quickly devised plan though. Zorb could cause some problems and none of his siblings had any idea of what he is trying to achieve. And even if they would, he wasn't sure if they will help.
OOC
 

 
__________________
Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Last edited by Spellthief; 01-07-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is offline
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-31-2020
RPXP: 3108
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 5,096
Narrative
right-aligned image
Metalfang listens to Morbid. At first he seems disinterested but something said grabs the bugbears attention. He looks at Morbid without disgust, he listens and seems to ponder the words of the goblin. "BigDeath will claim the glory for the victory... But if I slaughter more half-men, if I stop the half-men then I have glory. bigdeath treatment me like same." He puffs out his chest and grips his Great Axe in both hands then hides behind the closest tree to the road on the south side.


OOC
Let's see if Morbid's deception pays off. But I will give the others time to post.

note: The picture of MetalFang is just a representation of him. He carries a great axe and has hide armour along with some javelins.


Last edited by Xalnaga; 01-07-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-08-2017, 02:43 AM
TiesKnots's Avatar
TiesKnots TiesKnots is offline
Insert clever title here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-22-2020
RPXP: 519
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Posts: 884
Ties Knots, Male Forest-Goblin Rogue
right-aligned image

Ties listens to the plans described by his siblings, as what MetalFang gave them could hardly be called a plan at all. He liked the sound of Iggy's plan because an ambush played to his strengths. Plus she had something in mind to slow the half-men, which was more than Ties could manage on short notice. Hearing her mention Swagz shooting at range, Ties remembered that he possessed all of their arrows, so he reaches into his stash, pulls a dozen arrows out, and hands them to Swagz.

Ties then listened to Morbid's plan with confusion plastered on his face. Morbid wasn't the loyal brother, so what was he playing at? Ties could only guess. He was certain, however, that whatever Morbid was up to meant mischief; and Ties was willing to bet that if Morbid's plan works out it won't end well for the Bugbears. This was a pleasing thought.

Doing his best to play along, he says, "Yes, good, we wait in trees and when dumb half-men come we stop them at bridge." Waiting for MetalFang to pick a spot, Ties is relieved to see him pick one on the southernthat side of the road. He wanted to keep MetalFang on the opposite side of the road from himself, and the other side was better for seeing the half-men approach. He picks a tall enough tree and climbs up to a point where he can see the road ahead before the bridge, the cliffside where BigDeath and company are hiding, and MetalFang's position across the road. He was especially keen on observing the Blue Hoods; so he would know what to expect when their two groups eventually came to blows in the struggle for Goblin leadership.

OOC
 

 
__________________
INACTIVE
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-09-2017, 01:36 AM
TheGreyWulf's Avatar
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf is offline
Certified Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2017
RPXP: 1451
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf
Posts: 494
Swagz the Bard
right-aligned image

Having tired his muscles from all the enthusiastic drumming through the entirety of their march to the ambush point, Swagz rubbed his shoulders and wrists as Bigdeath and Metalfang discussed their 'tactics', if it could be called that. I mean, Iggy not so smart, but she makes plans better than 'em beef-heads!

Finding a large rock with a fairly-smooth surface, the young bard sat himself down, and continued massaging his wrists and shoulders as he listened to his siblings discuss plans. "Me also got magicks," he piped in after Iggy explained the use of her magical vines. "Me can throw glowy dust on 'em, makes them much easier to see, much easier to hit!"

Taking the arrows from Ties without a show of gratitude - for such was the way of goblins - Swagz climbed up the tree where Iggy was hiding under, and found himself a sturdy branch that afforded him a clear view of the bridge. This be nice spot. Having no quiver to keep arrows in, the young bard began stuffing them into the back of his belt. But he already had the hand drums strapped to his belt, and that made the action rather clumsy. About half of the arrows fell on Iggy's head.

The young bard could only smile sheepishly in apology as his sister looked up at him with an angry glare.

OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-10-2017, 04:34 PM
bratr's Avatar
bratr bratr is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-11-2018
RPXP: 419
bratr bratr bratr bratr bratr
Posts: 452
ZorbSome of Zorb’s eagerness and fury petered out during the march, but when the bridge was identified as the battleground, Zorb got excited again. Soon he would be able to swing his hammer in honour of his god and show his strength. Zorb thought the bridge would be a good place to trap the half-men, they would be crushed between Metalfang and Bigdeath. Zorb even liked Iggy’s plan.

Half-men will run across bridge, Iggy will catch them. Then Metalfang and I will kill any who get by, and Bigdeath would kill slow half-men. And slow men will only watch.


“Iggy, don’t make plants too early, else all half-men will turn and fight only Bigdeath half of attack.”


Zorb pictured the two different ways the ambush could go, it made Zorb think back to working in the hot smithy with Soot. The red heated metal resting on the anvil, the blur of the hammer, the sound of ringing metal. If the trap sprang right, it half-men would be crushed into dust, but if the half-men all turned too early, it would be like trying to make a sword without an anvil.

“Not too early.” Zorb emphasized again and then headed to where Metalfang was positioning himself. He bent at the waist, bowing to the demon.

“It is honour to fight with you. The half-men will fall.”

Zorb then
Dice Stealth:
1d20+4 (18)+4 Total = 22
took up a position near the bridge, across the road from Metalfang, so that he could easily support his leader, when he attacked. He looked back toward where Morbid had positioned. He had spoken a lot of words, though he didn’t seem to be suggesting a tactical battle plan, more just encouraging Metalfang. What was Morbid’s game? Zorb
Dice Insight:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
mulled the words over in his head. He seemed to be suggesting Metalfang was greater than Bigdeath, that sounded treasonous to Zorb, yet Metalfang had silenced Morbid or given him a blow that Zorb thought his brother deserved. It is my job to serve, not know the minds of demons. I will kill the half-men and show my strength to Metalfang and Bigdeath. Zorb was eager to charge in as soon as the trap was sprung, he did not want to miss his chance.


OOC
 


 


Last edited by bratr; 01-10-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Adding lines as a result of low insight check
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is offline
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-31-2020
RPXP: 3108
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 5,096
Narrative
For Goblins the wait is long, Long enough that you can hear something above the small cliff where the rest of the army is waiting. A laugh then a scuffle followed by a scrunching noise, then nothing. Ties is able to see BigDeath looking at his weapon, blood dripping from it. He kneels down again under him is the mangle corpse of a goblin. Red and green skin and a blue hood can be seen from the tree top.

minutes later clopping and creaking can be heard with a bit of talking. Around the bend in the road comes a large four legged beast, then another, behind follow another two. All four a pulling a wagon, as they clomp down the road another group of horses emerge from behind the tree and hill. The lead wagon has one Halfling driver, next to him are two small children, one in a pretty floral dress. Behind them a woman sits quietly knitting something. Behind the lead wagon four half-orcs stroll with axes slung over their shoulders talking to a well dressed halfling man.


OOC
I'm just giving you a chance to respond to what you see here. Maybe ask any questions that you'd like to know the answer to and even open up an attack before the bridge... if you want to do that. If you could also put in your post your action for a surprise round and roll initiative that means my next post can cover greater length of time and get us straight into the fight.

So what I need.
1) What ever you'd like to do now
2) Your first action in the surprise round - with the rolls to go with
3) An initiative roll.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Halfling Merchant Train - 1.png
Views:	13
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	71538  
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-10-2017, 11:20 PM
TheGreyWulf's Avatar
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf is offline
Certified Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2017
RPXP: 1451
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf
Posts: 494
Swagz the Bard
right-aligned image

Witnessing his brother Zorb's display of bugbear ass-kissery, Swagz decided to lift the burly goblin's heart a little higher. He is the strongest, the young bard reasoned. Longer he stands in front, longer we gets to keep half-men on bridge!

"Very smarts, Zorb," Swagz called out from his spot among the tree branches, afraid to climb down lest Iggy gets to him. "Ye put that hammer to work, bash 'em half-men skulls in! Show the bosses what's what!" His words laced with subtle, arcane magic, Swagz filled his brother's heart with a magical energy that the burly gobbo can then summon forth in his time of need.

Just then, the lead wagon came into view, traversing the bend around the hill ahead, past the bridge. It was not the time to strike just yet. He looked down to meet Iggy's eyes, and nodded to her sister, his afro bobbing on his head. He would wait for her signal, for her to put up her magical vines, before letting loose his first arrow. Pulling out an arrow from his belt, he nocked it onto his bow, and pulled on the string to give it some tension, preparing it for the inevitable attack.

OOC
 

 

Last edited by TheGreyWulf; 01-10-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-11-2017, 01:03 AM
TiesKnots's Avatar
TiesKnots TiesKnots is offline
Insert clever title here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-22-2020
RPXP: 519
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Posts: 884
Ties Knots, Male Forest-Goblin Rogue
right-aligned image

Seeing the horses coming around the bend, Ties ducked low beneath the thinned branches of the top of his tree. This was the worst time. Ties prides himself on having more patience than the next Goblin; but that doesn't mean it comes easy. The urge to shout and throw something at the cause of his stress was a natural Goblin response. Ties is just able to ignore it. Somewhat.

He worried, however, about his siblings. They, like most Goblins, are not known for their patience. Even now, Ties can see his siblings in their hiding places coping with nervous anticipation of the battle to come.

Raising his own bow, as Swags has done, Ties says, "Steady..." Though if the comment was meant to calm himself or his sibling, Ties wasn't sure.

OOC
 

 
__________________
INACTIVE

Last edited by TiesKnots; 01-11-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-11-2017, 01:31 AM
Peachyco Peachyco is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2017
RPXP: 3701
Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco
Posts: 1,860
Iggy, Female Forest-Goblin Druid
left-aligned image

Iggy had been so intent on spotting the incoming caravan that she was very put-off by Swagz's arrows falling on her head. She cast an angry glare at her brother who was seated on the branches above her, grinning stupidly at her. Sighing in resignation to the fact that they had more important things to do, Iggy let the matter drop, and merely collected the scattered arrows, placing them nearby. She also had a bow, which she'd selected for their first hunt the day before, but had never gotten the chance to use it, what with Ties hoarding all of the arrows that day. Well, nows is good a time as any.

Having calmed herself, the young druid focused once more on timing her spell and considering their options. The caravan had been spotted, and Iggy noted the armed half-orcs, which she'd figured to be caravan guards. That meant that the well-dressed half-man was likely an important person. She thought it'd be interesting to catch that man; the bugbears and the Blue Hoods would probably go for the half-orcs first anyway, single-minded warmongers that they were.

Her mouth widened into a malicious smile as she regarded the half-men children. The adults always hesitated when the children were threatened, and so grabbing one might be to the gobbos' advantage. Also, the young ones were the sweet and tender ones. The young goblin salivated at the thought of nibbling on the small girl's thigh bone after having her for dinner.

As she leaned against the tree, Iggy felt a thrumming within her. There was no specific body part involved - more like minute vibrations crawling all over her body. Then, there were flashes of fur, claws and fangs in her mind. The young druid broke out into a cold sweat, confused as she was by these visions and sensations. Thankfully, the strange feelings were gone as quickly as they'd come.

OOC
 

 
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-11-2017, 06:58 AM
Spellthief's Avatar
Spellthief Spellthief is offline
Dustman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 157
Spellthief Spellthief
Posts: 433
MorbidPatience wasn't Morbid's strongest side, but he made his best effort encouraged by what happened to the goblin in the BigDeath's crew. By the time he saw carts approaching he already went through the list of possible ways a bugbear could be killed without anyone noticing, counted the number of times he was made fun of and almost figured out a recipe for Space's disgusting mush.

All of the sudden he heard Swagz shouting words of encouragement to Zorb. Not understanding exactly how it worked, he thought that it was a useless effort. How is that going to help? Silly Swagz... Then he saw four horses pulling the first cart and was quite impressed by their size and strength. He heard about those, but never actually saw them before. They looked dangerous and thinking that spooking them off would be a great idea he waited for the first sign of BigDeaths team to strike released three matching Casting Magic Missilemagical darts towards the cart. They flew fast towards the designated targets splitting when closing in. Two of the darts struck two of the closest horses and the third one hitting the Or is it called trace?tug that connected them to the cart. He expected that they would be scared enough to run away and he tried to make sure they would be able to.

As his spell hit, Morbid felt a magical surge emanating from within, he quickly moved behind the tree trunk to get some cover between himself and the caravan and feeling the familiar tingling concentrated for a moment and tapped in that raw magic pool, swirling through his body.


OOC
 

 
__________________
Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.

Last edited by Spellthief; 01-11-2017 at 07:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-12-2017, 04:05 PM
bratr's Avatar
bratr bratr is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-11-2018
RPXP: 419
bratr bratr bratr bratr bratr
Posts: 452
ZorbZorb stayed alert throughout the wait. Now that the victims were approaching, Zorb felt like quivering bowstring, drawn and ready. He visualized slamming his hammer into the little men. So many things were bigger, it would be good to have a small thing to break. He hoped they captured a few of them alive, Zorb would teach them their place. They would wail in worship to the Overseer as he carved the marks of ownership into their flesh.

His daydreaming was interrupted by a laugh up on the hill. Blue hoods should shud up! Maybe they get stabbed by halfman baby. Zorb snickered to himself. He hoped that the crunching that came after the laugh was Bigdeath putting the goblins in their place. Our job is to serve, stupid gobos.

Zorb was just getting back into his fantasy of training half-men slaves when the wagons came into view. Treasure, food, maybe even armor! The half-men didn’t look like much, Zorb thought he could probably take the wagons on his own. Then the half-orcs came into view. Abominations upon abominations, two-faced sneaks, they try n’ hide their unnatural form by loving men. The goblin gods did not look kindly upon the orcish race, and what the gods dislike, Zorb hated with zeal.

Zorb breathed deep, feeling the throbbing pulse in his chest. He prepared to fight. He waited for the wagons to begin crossing the bridge, then quietly mumbled words of worship. “Let your lash harden my skin so that it turns their blades.” The words seemed to make the throb stronger, and a slight shimmer seemed to Cast Shield of Faithsurround then sink into his exposed flesh. Zorb felt elated, the gods were here, the gods were with him.

Zorb vibrated with anticipation, waiting for their trap to spring. As soon as Iggy’s spell was cast, Zorb rushed forward, stumbling slightly, but pushing on through the plants. His goal was the group of four half-orcs, but he paused at the lead wagon to
Dice Attack:
1d20+4 (2)+4 Total = 6
Dice Damage if hit:
1d8+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
swing his hammer at the half-man.

"Fang and Death!"




OOC
 


 

Last edited by bratr; 01-12-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is offline
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-31-2020
RPXP: 3108
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 5,096
Surprise round
The creaking of the wagons continued to sound under the noise of the Half-Orcs laughing and joking with the Halfling man walking behind the lead wagon. The creaking turned into a heavier clip clop of noise as the horse shoes smacked down on the stone bridge. Waiting, Iggy patiently sat watching for the most opportune moment. Even MetalFang waited for the spell to take. Once the wagon was off the bridge the roots and vines grew from the earth, Wagon and 2 out of 4 horses restrained (The front two are not in the entangled area)they grew up and through the spokes of the four wagon wheels and grabbed the eight hooves belonging to the two rear most horses. Seeing the spell take effect Swagz loosed his arrow at the Halfling driver of the lead wagon, hitting him in the left shoulder. Morbid then shot forth three force darts. Two of the darts struck The front right and rear right horses.two of the closest horses The darts hit them easily in the ribs sending them into a panicking. The front horse reared up and tugged at its harness. The third dart hit the tug that connected them to the cart. The iron pin fell free detaching the four horses from the lead wagon.
MetalFang jumped from behind his tree and using Attack lead horse dealing 14 points of damageGreat Axe he swung at the front left horse He grabbed the horse by the rein and starred it in the eye screaming at it. As MetalFang begins his battle with the four legged creature Ties' arrow flies from his bow at the closest Half-Orc, in surprise he drops his axe and 15 Piercing Damagegrips his abdomen where the arrow is protruding from. Zorb rushed forward, stumbling slightly, but pushing on through the plants. His goal was the group of four half-orcs, but he paused at the lead wagon to swing his hammer at the half-man. "Fang and Death!" he rushes into the fray swinging his hammer at the Assuming the one talking with the half-orcs not the driver.Halfling man but in his stumbling he misses his attack...

Two humans stand up on the back wagon, chain mail jiggling, who had been asleep.


OOCThus ends the surprise round. The wagons are stationary and going nowhere. The horses are injured and scared. The driver and one half-orc are in pain

The Halflings and Half-Orcs both rolled a 10 on the initiative and BigDeath with the Goblin army rolled a 6. So you guys and MetalFang get to go again. Have at it, you are at the top of the order first to post goes first.

Apart from the Human's in chain mail the rest of them have an AC of 10 and aren't wearing any armour You must be an 11 to hit.

The Half-Orcs and the fancy dressed Halfling are congregated right behind the wagon on the bridge.

I must apologize I can't get the map up on time but here is the post to see you through the weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Halfling Merchant Train - 2.png
Views:	14
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	71568  

Last edited by Xalnaga; 01-12-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-14-2017, 12:00 AM
TiesKnots's Avatar
TiesKnots TiesKnots is offline
Insert clever title here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-22-2020
RPXP: 519
TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots TiesKnots
Posts: 884
Ties Knots, Male Forest-Goblin Rogue
right-aligned image

As Ties heard the sounds of battle begin around him, he was pleased that his siblings were able to band together and pull off the start of an ambush. He was surprised to see that even MetalFang was able to hold back his iron teeth long enough for Iggy's vines to wrap around the lead wagon and horses. He was most impressed by Morbid's spell freeing the lead horses from the cart and startling them. His pranks are annoying, but he was always a clever Gobbo.

Watching his own arrow hit the mark filled Ties with excitement and frustration. It was well that he hit the Half-Orc; but he hit it in the belly, where any amount of armor would have deflected it. Unhappy with his own skill, Ties took aim from his tree branch and let another arrow loose at the same target. This time he aimed to do better. As he fired, he shouted, "RAGGLES!" It was best to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies with a warcry, and that was the best he could think of. He wasn't sure if they could see him up here through the foliage, but he was intent to keep moving in case they had some way he couldn't see to return fire.

Ever since the wagons first rounded the corner, Ties has had a wicked grin plastered across his face. Ties was savoring every delicious moment, even if they had to fight alongside the Bugbears. Seeing the armored Humans emerge from the rear wagon caused him to chuckle. BigDeath and the Blue Hoods are about to have some trouble, if they can be bothered to show up and fight. They're awful slow for expert fighters.

OOC
 

 
__________________
INACTIVE
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-14-2017, 01:00 AM
TheGreyWulf's Avatar
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf is offline
Certified Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2017
RPXP: 1451
TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf TheGreyWulf
Posts: 494
Swagz the Bard
right-aligned image

"WHEEE!" Squealing in glee from the apparent success of their ambush attack, Swagz pulled out another arrow from his belt. The halfling driver was still alive, albeit sporting one of Swagz's arrows in his shoulder. "Now let's add to that sum more!"

Nocking the arrow into place, the young bard pulled on the bowstring, took aim, and let loose. The arrow whistled thru the air, and found purchase in the halfling driver's other shoulder. The man yelped in pain, but it were the children beside him that shrieked even louder.

"Somebody oughta shut 'em up," Swagz said, then turned to Iggy, some feet below him. "Oy! Iggy! Shut 'em babes up, will ya!"

OOC
 

 

Last edited by TheGreyWulf; 01-14-2017 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-14-2017, 01:58 AM
Peachyco Peachyco is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2017
RPXP: 3701
Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco
Posts: 1,860
Iggy, Female Forest-Goblin Druid
left-aligned image

Quite possibly the most disciplined of the bunch, Iggy was able to keep herself from yipping and yapping like her brother was doing in the branches above her, sending twigs and leaves to come tumbling down onto her coppery locks. To add to her irritation, Swagz shouted orders at her to do something that she was already planning on doing!

"Ah, shut yer yap, bone-head!" Iggy snapped, but even as she flung the insults, her large, amber eyes were already scanning the wagon, looking past the frenzied horses to fixate on her target - the young, halfling girl in the flowery dress. "I gots that covered!"

Breaking cover, the young druid darted across the road, looking to take cover behind another tree on the other side. As soon as she had the young girl perfectly in sight, she uttered the words, and raised her wooden staff into the air with a spinning motion. "Thorn WhipTalahiv tinnic!" She then pointed the staff in the direction of the girl, and a long, thorny tendril extended from the tip of the staff with blinding speed, to lash toward the girl. The vine wrapped around the girl's slender ankle, its thorns biting deep and drawing blood. Seeing her spell taking hold, Iggy continued toward the other tree, making a yanking motion with her staff. In turn, the vine yanked at the child, pulling her off the wagon, and dragging her several paces away and toward the maliciously-grinning druid.

"Comes to me, li'l girl," the young druid cooed in the Common Tongue. "Wagons not safe, y'know. Arrows an' axes an' swords. Cuts an' stabs an' pokes!" She wasn't sure what she was trying to do with her little line, but she felt powerful saying it to the young, wide-eyed halfling.

OOC
 

 

Last edited by Peachyco; 01-14-2017 at 02:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB