RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > Ashardalon Series
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old 10-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is online now
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2019
RPXP: 5396
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,818
Day 1, The Sunless CitadelZintara takes several minutes searching over the door. She doesn't find any obvious traps or other oddities about the door, so she sets out attempting to unlock it. Try as she might however, it seems as though the lock was managing to foil the rogue's attempts. The door remained locked dispite her best efforts.
__________________
Status: Tentative travel July 21-25
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera
  #137  
Old 10-22-2015, 02:04 AM
EttinWill's Avatar
EttinWill EttinWill is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-01-2018
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Posts: 608
"Locks are some of the most interesting machines around, Libby—and each one has its creator’s special style and mark. And you’re right, Akron, I don’t know when I will get to try my hand on a lock that looks like a dragon, again. Isn’t it magnificent?" the rogue asks wistfully.

With a sigh she turns away. "Sadly, it is as I expected. This door won’t open without the proper key…or an earthquake of a battering ram."

Zintara then cocks her head to the side and whispers, "I wonder…could it be that simple?" In another rush of energy, the human woman sprints over to the room with the dead goblins and shines Kalvin’s lightstone at the word written in blood on the wall. She returns to the door and shouts, "Δράκος!"
  #138  
Old 10-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is online now
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2019
RPXP: 5396
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,818
As the rogue shouts in Draconic, the word reverberates through the hallway. The sound of a few rats squeaking and then scampering off deeper into the rubble can be heard. The word echos for a few moments before the air returns to being still. The door remains unchanged.
__________________
Status: Tentative travel July 21-25
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera
  #139  
Old 10-22-2015, 12:08 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2018
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Libitia looked at Zintara apologetically as the rogue tried and failed to open he door by shouting at it. "A good try, but I think you were right before. We need an actual key to open this door. I think there was another way to go from the tower we just left though. Who knows? It could very well be in that direction."
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
  #140  
Old 10-22-2015, 12:15 PM
EttinWill's Avatar
EttinWill EttinWill is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-01-2018
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Posts: 608
As the echo of her voice dies down she looks around abashed. "Thanks, Libby. It was a long shot, for sure. I guess we’ll just have to find the key somewhere or search for another way around. Sad really. I want to see what this beautiful door is guarding."

Zintara then shuffles off dejectedly to the other room with the goblins and
Dice Perception:
1d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14
begins examining the northwest doorway for anything odd, while listening at the door.


OOCIf she finds traps she will attempt to
Dice Disarm, Thieves’ Tools:
1d20+7 (7)+7 Total = 14
disarm. Then she will try the door to see if it is locked and attempt
Dice Thieves’ Tools:
1d20+7 (4)+7 Total = 11
to unlock it.
  #141  
Old 10-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is online now
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2019
RPXP: 5396
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,818
The door doesn't appear to be locked or trapped. It is weathered with age but otherwise looks like a normal thick wooden fortress door.
__________________
Status: Tentative travel July 21-25
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera
  #142  
Old 10-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2018
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Seeing that there was clearly nothing else to see in this particular hallway, Libitia closely followed Zibtara back into the foul-smelling tower room, quickly putting a hand over her mouth and nose as she did so. The young aasimar tensed for a moment as the rogue checked the remaining door for traps, but immediately relaxed when it became clear that it was just as safe as the door they just used.

"Another normal door. Good to know at least" Lbitia said, smiling at Zintara. She couldn't say for sure how she felt about the others, but she DID feel that she was starting to get along with Zintara rather well. At the very least, the rogue was clearly a valuable friend to have down here in this environment.

With a little bit of force, the half-celestial proceeded to open the thick door, and stepped through the threshold, bringing the light from her illuminated staff into the next area as she tried to observe what was there.

Dice Perception:
1d20+1 (14)+1 Total = 15
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
  #143  
Old 10-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is online now
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2019
RPXP: 5396
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,818
Day 1, The Sunless CitadelThe door creaks open revealing a long hallway. The dim light from Libitia's staff barely touches the far wall of the ten foot wide corridor. Two wooden doors can be seen at the far end of the hallway, one continuing further along the hall, the other exiting to the side. Opposite this second wooden door is a stone relieft-carved door, similar to what the party just left behind. In this case however, the carving portrays a dragonlike fish swimming under water.
__________________
Status: Tentative travel July 21-25
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera

Last edited by Giot; 10-27-2015 at 11:02 AM.
  #144  
Old 10-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,846
Kalvin stays with the rest of the group marveling at the architecture of the place.
  #145  
Old 10-23-2015, 05:22 PM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
After the skeletons were defeated Archibald felt odd. The hairs on his body were rising. The sorcerer had felt such a sensation before, and that was when the stuff was out of place. He remembered that he tried to push it during the fight, mold it his own design, and now it wanted to revert back. That almost never meant something positive. The sorcerer was quietly studying the stuff around him, but like always it meant very little to him.

The sorcerer stirred from his contemplations when Zintara yelled something in a guttural language. ”Wait. What?” he stammered. Apparently the rest of the group was already progressing to the other rooms. ”I need step up my game. They going to think you are a slacker.”

Archibald was sure they would face other adversaries. So he figures that some protection was not a waste of his arcane resources. With stretched out arms he claps his hands together. He utters some arcane nonsense as he makes a semicircle with his arms. In front of the sorcerer now floats a sheet of red see-through arcane energy. Archibald smirks as he takes a moment to appreciate his work. He then clenches his fists and jerks them to his side, pulling the arcane shield around his body. The sheet forms to Archibald’s body, pulses for a moment and then disappears. Those who pay close attention can see a soft red shimmer around the sorcerer.

The moment the sorcerer finalizes his spell he felt that the stuff was trying to correct what he changed. He felt it stretches and squeezing. Archibald wondered what would happen this time. Archibald, who was facing the party when he started his spell suddenly found himself facing the northern wall. It happened from one moment to the next. No movement. As if there was a glitch in the world.

”That,” he says pausing for a moment, ”was new.”

Slowly whatever happened to the party seeps into his brain. ”So we need to find some key, right? So let’s go!” he says as he walks into the other hallway with the two wooden and one stone relief-carved door. The sorcerer sees the fish and smiles, ”maybe this one opens when you gasp for air in front of it. Or, perhaps go ‘blub’ ‘blub’.”

He chuckles as he moves to the door opposite of the relief-carved door and lays his ear against it. Looking at the party he places one finger against his lips to shush them. He then
Dice perceptions:
1d20-1 (19)-1 Total = 18
strains to listen what is on the other side of the door.


 
__________________
Caelynn ¦ Archibald Nightwell III
  #146  
Old 10-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2018
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
"Hmm....this door is decorated just like the one we found before" Libitia mused out loud. "It's probably locked as well. If you ask me we should check the other doors before examining this...fish door any further."

The aasimar walked over to the wooden door directly opposite the fish door, and tested the handle carefully. Opening it slowly, Libitia would shine her illuminated staff into the next room.
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
  #147  
Old 10-24-2015, 06:24 PM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,846
As Libitia opened the door, Kalvin moved up behind her ready to spring into the room if danger immediately presented itself.
  #148  
Old 10-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is online now
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2019
RPXP: 5396
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,818
Day 1, The Sunless CitadelAs Archie presses his ears up to the door, he doesn't hear anything other than the scuffling of his own group. Convinced that the room beyond is safe enough to enter for now, he gives the nod to Libitia, who again leads the way with her staff. As the group enters the room, they each notice the most striking thing about the room... it is completely empty. There isn't even a few rotting crates or old sacks or bones or anything. There is just a few bits of dirt and debris, but everything else has long been removed from the chamber.
__________________
Status: Tentative travel July 21-25
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera

Last edited by Giot; 10-27-2015 at 11:03 AM.
  #149  
Old 10-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2018
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Libitia simply stood there and blinked as she looked at what appeared to be a completely empty room, save for a few bits of dirt and debris. "Huh....nothing there it seems" the aasimar stated matter-of-factly as she cast her eyes around the room's interior. "....unless the contents of this room are being magically hidden. That seems rather....unlikely, but I could use my magic to try and find magic in this room. It would be a shame if I ended up doing all that for nothing though...."
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.

Last edited by Clockwerk66; 10-25-2015 at 03:34 PM.
  #150  
Old 10-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,846
Looking through the doorway and seeing a completely bare room, Kalvin starts to move toward the end of the hall. Staying at least 25 feet away from doorAbout halfway, he stops and concentrates on the wooden door.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB