RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Ashardalon Series
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Graknar's Avatar
Graknar Graknar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2017
RPXP: 1268
Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar
Posts: 2,587
"Before we set forth ... " begins Olfactra haltingly. "Many cattle from this village have been slain recently in the night. I have learned that they were slaughtered by shrubs and plants that walk in darkness."

"I know you may think it odd, but ... a little bird told me. A thrush, in fact. Had it been a sparrow, or a wren, I might doubt it. They are rather ... flighty. But thrushes are quite reliable. And I know, from other means, that the forces of nature here are greatly imbalanced. That is what drew me - the need to restore balance. And walking shrubs, though most unusual, would fit with what I know."
  #17  
Old 10-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
Archibald raises an eyebrow as he listened to Olfactra speak. He started to say something, but then looked a little puzzled. "A what told you? And they saw what?"

"This lady fell out of a high nest or something. She looks sincere though."

Having little experience with the crazy forest folk during his lifetime of living in a castle, he looked for advice from the new 'friends' he just made. "uhmmm. What do you guys think?"
__________________
Caelynn Archibald Nightwell III
  #18  
Old 10-04-2015, 07:37 PM
sageheart's Avatar
sageheart sageheart is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-21-2019
RPXP: 4326
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Posts: 5,621
Akon gives a concerned look to the unusual elf. He had no love for that side of his heritage. He had been born in violence, and knew all too well that those of nature were just as easily swayed by hate and cruelty. Balancing required being able to work with both sides, something difficult to maintain.

A thrush. Always thought that it sounded too similar to a plant than a bird but no matter. Speaking g to animals is an unusual talent, useful though to be sure. Fighting plants... He chuckled slightly. Goblins with magic apples, plants killing cows, this has been unusual, seems to be more the start of a comedy than a glorified adventure.
  #19  
Old 10-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-20-2019
RPXP: 5542
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,901
Day 1, morningAs the party continues to refresh their memory of the night before and question the trustworthiness of druids and thrushes, they begin to make their way out of town. As they leave, the roosters of the nearby farms can be heard crowing. The village is beginning to wake up and people can be seen milling about as the group turns onto the seldom used Old Road. The Old Road had gone out of favor almost half a century ago. It was little more than a dirt path now, the edges of the road overgrown with grass and weeds. The land was flat, and farms still dotted the landscape as you leave Oakhurst. As you continue though, the farms become less and less frequent and many show the signs of not having been lived in for some time. None seem to have been attacked, only ravaged by time. Doors and window shutters are in disrepair, barely hanging on their hinges. On one farmhouses, the roof had collapsed.

oocI would like a general walking order (anyone inparticular in front or back). If you would like to stop and investigate anything (or still had anything in town you wanted to do before leaving) let me know, otherwise you can continue your conversation on the road.
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera

Last edited by Giot; 10-05-2015 at 01:13 PM.
  #20  
Old 10-05-2015, 12:02 AM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
"Thank you, Akon! I'm happy you enjoyed it." Libitia replied in gratitude when the half-elf complimented her music from the night before. "I would be more than happy to play more for all of you after we next have our rest."

Shortly after the journey begins, the aasimar suggested that stopping by one or more of the farms that are still populated might be a good idea, seeking to ask the farmers if they had seen or heard anything out of the ordinary last night. "You never know; we could find an important clue if something DID happen particularly recently" she rationalized to the others. "I've no doubt that recent events have caused no shortage of trouble for the farmers that are still here, and if they suffer, the town's health could suffer as well. Surely we are doing all this for them as much as for the rest of the town?"
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
  #21  
Old 10-05-2015, 11:49 AM
EttinWill's Avatar
EttinWill EttinWill is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Posts: 608
Zintara keeps silent while walking in the middle of the group, near the other unarmored party members like Libitia.

The orphaned rogue
Dice Perception:
1d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20
keeps her eyes open, searching for any signs of movement or read: trapshazards.

She seems a bit skeptical with the idea that these abandoned farms would stay abandoned for long.
  #22  
Old 10-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Graknar's Avatar
Graknar Graknar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2017
RPXP: 1268
Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar
Posts: 2,587
Olfactra wanders blissfully in the countryside, happy to see nature retaking the abandoned farms. She constantly falls behind the others as she stops to smell a wildflower, look at a mushroom, examine a curious stump, or pick up a shiny pebble.

When Archie rudely points out that her dawdling is delaying the party, she starts, smiles distractedly, and hurries back up to the others. But she soon falls behind again -- "Ooh, a daisy!" -- and at any given moment is 25-30 feet behind the main group.
  #23  
Old 10-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,826
Kalvin is walking along with the others down the road near the front laughing quietly to himself at Olfactra's antics and at Archie's annoyance at it.
  #24  
Old 10-05-2015, 05:39 PM
sageheart's Avatar
sageheart sageheart is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-21-2019
RPXP: 4326
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Posts: 5,621
Akon nods at Libitia's response, his mind becoming absorbed by the surrounding landscape. He takes up the front of the line, keeping his hand by his sword. While the worry of walking plants seemed comical, the road showed only decay, and it wouldn't surprise the half-elf if some evil was afoot.
  #25  
Old 10-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
"You want to check all these ruined farmhouses?" Archie asks with a raised eyebrow."These 'houses' look like they have this way for a while. But I think you can run towards one, check it out, and come back and we still would be waiting for that one." he says as he points over his shoulder with his thumb.

"Hey! Flowergirl!" he shouts as he turns around towards Olfactra. "If you talk to every freaking flower on the road we'll reach the citadel when we are 150 years old! While that isn't a problem for your kind, I will probably be rotting in the ground. So could you please keep up?!" he says, clearly annoyed.

"But if we want to check those farmhouses we can better do it now, Libitia." he says with a sigh.

OOC: Archibald would walk somewhere in the middle/front. Being bossy and used to people following him.
__________________
Caelynn Archibald Nightwell III

Last edited by Magpie Manny; 10-06-2015 at 09:09 AM.
  #26  
Old 10-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Libitia frowned slightly at Archibald as the hot-blooded sorcerer seemed to object a bit to her suggestion. "There ARE still inhabited farms left here, are there not? I wasn't suggesting that we look through every one" the aasimar clarified. I only meant that it might be to our benefit to check in with one of the ones that still had people in them...ask a couple questions and such. I assure you, Archibald, I'm well aware that time is something we don't have in abundance."

Letting out a quiet sigh of patience, Libitia then turned to look at whatever Olfactra was doing at the time, and called over to her. Miss Olfactra? Please don't stray too far behind. It would be better for us to stay together when we arrive at our destination, and I'm afraid our sorcerer is getting a little...antsy."

She finished this statement with an apologetic and understanding smile, before having a look around her surroundings for herself.

Dice Perception::
1d20+1 (3)+1 Total = 4


(( Libitia will be hanging near the back of the group to stay at range as much as possible ))
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.

Last edited by Clockwerk66; 10-06-2015 at 09:50 AM.
  #27  
Old 10-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
While they walked down the road towards the Citadel Archie pointed to one the farmhouses that seemed inhabited. "Check that one out then?" he said, a bit calmer now that a little time had passed.

Before anyone could answer him he stepped towards the Farmhouse, not looking back to see if any one would follow him.
__________________
Caelynn Archibald Nightwell III
  #28  
Old 10-06-2015, 01:17 PM
EttinWill's Avatar
EttinWill EttinWill is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Posts: 608
Suddenly Zintara rushed over to Archibald and grabbed his lapels of his fine coat with white-knuckled fists, pulling his face down to hers. "Are you through? Because if you are just going to whine about the elf looking at flowers or about us taking too long and you getting bored or about the celestial wanting to scout, you can go on ahead and we’ll meet you at the citadel. We won’t keep you.

I know your type. You think you own this world. You think the rules don’t apply to you. You keep this up and I swear I will--
"
Zintara pauses and looks down. Then, shaking her head she meets Archibald's gaze again.

"Look. You are either a member of this party or you can go your own way for your adventure. Go get drunk again for all I care. But this is serious. What we are doing has purpose. No more games. You want to gamble with your own life? Be my guest. But if you want to be part of this group, you work with the team. You want to be part of this group, you show respect. You want to be part of this group, you save the insults for our enemies, you got that? "Zintara’s eyes flashed as she shoved the other human back, letting him go, "You got that, Your Majesty?"

The rogue then spun on her heel and stalked back toward Olfactra. With shaking hands, Zintara, started loading her crossbow while still keeping her eyes on the fields. She whispered some sort of litany in a harsh language none of them understood and the others could see her gradually relax as her flushed face returned to its normal tan. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and exhaled slowly.

With some effort, Zintara made a wan smile when she approached the druid. "Hello, Olfactra! These are beautiful daisies, aren’t they? Believe it or not, I think I saw some wild poppies farther up the road. Shall we go look? You can tell me more about these ‘shrubs and plants that walk in darkness.’"


OOCSorry Manny, you posted while I was writing, I guess.

Last edited by EttinWill; 10-06-2015 at 02:46 PM.
  #29  
Old 10-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Graknar's Avatar
Graknar Graknar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2017
RPXP: 1268
Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar
Posts: 2,587
"Ooh, poppies!," says Olfactra excitedly. "Where!" She seizes Zintara by the hand, and drags the young woman up the road as she skips excitedly along with the party. The poor rogue gets a steady dose of the druid's musky aroma as she struggles to keep up with the easily distracted elf.

Olfactra, still wondering where the poppies are, lets Zintara go when Archie steps off the road towards one of the inhabited farmhouses. "All right," she says somewhat petulantly. "But if you get to go look at this one, I want to go look at that one," pointing at an abandoned-looking structure about half a mile further on. The question seeming settled to her mind, she follows Archie towards his goal.

Last edited by Graknar; 10-06-2015 at 01:28 PM.
  #30  
Old 10-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Taken aback by Zintara's actions, Libitia stared, completely speechless, as the rogue proceeded to chew out Archibald in front of everyone. As Zintara left, the aasimar raised her hand and opened her mouth as if to say something, but quickly thought better of it.

"SO...uhm..."

Libitia was still a little startled from the sorcerer being chewed out so suddenly, but the quickly cleared her throat and tried again.

"Alright then....I believe I saw one of the inhabited farms earlier down the road. Let's....visit them first, if that's alright with the rest of you."

The young wizard then began leading the others, Archibald included, to the farm she had mentioned.
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB