RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Ashardalon Series
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 10-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2019
RPXP: 5442
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,880
Archie makes a hasty turn off the Old Road to one of the few remaining farmhouses that looks to be still in use. The building itself doesn't seem to be in better shape than some of the abandoned ones, but the field shows signs of being tended to and the fence around the field hasn't completely fallen apart. Other than a lone oak tree growing behind the house, the land around the farm is only inhabited by tall, dry grass typical of the summer season. The tended field is mostly wheat, grown to be sold to the bakers in town. There is a small vegetable garden to one side of the house, only big enough to feed the farmers themselves.

As Archie and Libitia approaches the house, a loud clear male voice can be heard coming from inside. "You'ld be best to stay off my land wanderers. Keep on going the way you been going."
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera

Last edited by Giot; 10-06-2015 at 12:44 PM.
  #32  
Old 10-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Graknar's Avatar
Graknar Graknar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2017
RPXP: 1268
Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar
Posts: 2,587
"Go on, talk to him!" whispers Olfactra loudly, casts Guidance on Archiewhacking Archie in the back of his head with a small bundle of twigs.

 
  #33  
Old 10-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-24-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Approaching the farmhouse, Libitia jumps slightly at the voice coming from inside the home, but quickly recovers, and walks up front to introduce herself with a small bow. "Oh! Please don't be alarmed, good sir. My name is Libitia Melandron, and I was hoping to ask you if perhaps you've seen anything it of the ordinary last night. My friends and I have come here to solve the mystery of what is happening to Oakhurst, and any clues you could offer would benefit us greatly."

The aasimar held her staff low and in front of her with both hands as she adopted an almost-pleading expression. "Would you....come out and talk to us? I promise not to take up too much of your time, and we will leave right after if you want us to go."


Dice Persuasion:
1d20+2 (11)+2 Total = 13
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.

Last edited by Clockwerk66; 10-06-2015 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Rolling for persuasion
  #34  
Old 10-06-2015, 03:48 PM
sageheart's Avatar
sageheart sageheart is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-20-2019
RPXP: 3916
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Posts: 5,761
Akon let loose another burst of laughter as he saw the rouge, Zintara, tell off the nobleman. This group was rubbing off on him well, he hadn't laughed this much in months. He did his best to control himself, stuffing the noise back down his throat. Despite his enjoyment of the rouge's thoughts, he knew better then to speak such a way to a man of rank. It could only end up bad, unless the noble was dead...something he wouldn't have thought twice about half a decade ago, now the thought of killing someone destined by the king for great tasks would be abhorrent.

Know your place. That is no way to speak to someone above your status, even if I do agree with you. He burst out at the rouge. Still a smug smile hid on his face. Before either of them could respond, he turned towards the nobleman. You as well, there are things we do not understand, and there is no reason to insult it. Already this elf has been more useful than yourself, I recommend you respect her abilities. He gave a sidelong glance at the unusual elf. Even if she is...strange.

He moved closer to silence afterwards, allowing the others to check out the farmhouse. They seemed interested in it, and it would be useful. They had moved quicker, and he felt no reason to follow them so closely. Instead he kept his eye on the road, making sure no one would sneak up on them unannounced. Plus he suspected they would be much better at getting some information out than himself. He wasn't much of a talker, more likely to give the guy a wack with the butt of his sword than be polite.

Last edited by sageheart; 10-06-2015 at 03:49 PM.
  #35  
Old 10-06-2015, 05:25 PM
EttinWill's Avatar
EttinWill EttinWill is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Posts: 608
Left alone on the Old Road, Zintara trained her crossbow on the fields around the farmhouse. Eyeing Akon a few paces in front of her, she says in a voice barely audible above the whistle of the wind on the dirt thoroughfare, "Why do you defer to him so readily? You just met him! If you want to put him on a pedestal just because of the random luck of parentage, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

Look. I am grateful you supported me. But no one—no one—had a better parent then I did. Even if we didn't have a palace, my father was the most noble man I ever knew. Make no mistake, paladin. I revere those who earn reverence."


Zintara continues to scan the area, occasionally looking behind her on the other side of the road from the farmhouse.

Last edited by EttinWill; 10-06-2015 at 05:25 PM.
  #36  
Old 10-06-2015, 06:28 PM
sageheart's Avatar
sageheart sageheart is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-20-2019
RPXP: 3916
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Posts: 5,761
The half-elf fighter didn't turn as the tall young woman spoke. His ears peaked, showing his active listening. As he watched her draw the crossbow out of the corner of his eye, his hand rested more firmly on the handle of his longsword. You are correct I have never met the man until today and his parentage will not equate to Reliance. Akon's voice mimicked the rouges soft tone, without its draconic accent. Still there is a value to noble birth that demands a particular outward respect, even if one does not feel it in their heart. But it is of no matter, I won't seek to alter your thoughts on the matter. I do hope that we both with prove our usefulness to each other, and, as you put it, earn our respect.
  #37  
Old 10-06-2015, 06:31 PM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
left-aligned image
Archibald's eyes flared ominously with arcane energy the moment the Zintara grabbed his robe. One those that were in front of him saw it happen, because when she pulled him face to face it was already gone. "Wow... That was close. I almost blasted that little on to smithereens!"

He was so fascinated with what just happened to him he barely heard the little lady scolding him. But from the whispering he understood that she was trying to make sort of point. As she pushed him away the newly formed sorcerer couldn't help but riposte. "My Lord, will suffice. But at least you tried," he said with a wink and a disarming smile.




Archibald listened to Libitia sort of begging the farmer for answers. "You don't ask farmers anything. You command them to. With some sort of reward of course. They always want some reward.".
He produced some coins from his purse played them a bit in hands before looking straight at the farmer .
Dice persuasion:
1d20+5 (10)+5 Total = 15
1d4 1
You could earn some easy cash of you tell us what the lady wants to know. If, of course, it is interesting enough and perhaps more importantly the truth. See that crazy woman of there?"
He points towards Olfactra and starts of in a sinister tone
Dice intimidation/deception (what you like best):
1d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
She's a witch from some who-knows-where-woods. And they know if you lie. And they don't like lies. So better to work along and earn some coin, right?
Archibald ends cheerfully, hoping this has the right effect on the farmer. He wasn't actually that sure.
__________________
Caelynn Archibald Nightwell III

Last edited by Magpie Manny; 10-06-2015 at 06:46 PM.
  #38  
Old 10-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2019
RPXP: 5442
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,880
The door to the farm cracks open and a man steps out with a loaded crossbow. The gruff farmer looks weathered, as the years of toiling in the hard soil and bright sun have taken a toll on the man. His plain clothes appear to be mended in several places, and falling completely apart in the places where mending would be of little use. His face holds the stubble of over a week without shaving, and his hair unkempt and lined with more gray than black. His muscles are taut from years on the farm, but his frame shows that his diet isn't the richest.

The farmer eyes Libitia and Archibald suspiciously as they approach his house, raising his crossbow at them. "That's far enough, I told you to keep movin on. There ain't nothing for you wanderers here."

Libitia's attempts to be civil brought only a deeper scowl to the man's face, but the glint of gold softened it a bit. He still held his crossbow ready and aimed at the two trespassers on his front yard. At Archibald's comment about Olfactra the farmer looks at her, and everyone turns, to find the druid plucking wildflowers from the weeds off the road, frolicking in the grass. "She's a witch ehh. And I suppose you are just a band of traveling minstrels." His eyes shift back to Archibald. "Toss the gold up and I'll answer a question or two, but then you all be on your way." As he says the last word he motions with his crossbow and his face sets firmer.
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera

Last edited by Giot; 10-06-2015 at 07:06 PM.
  #39  
Old 10-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-24-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
For a brief moment, Libitia looked somewhat disappointed that the farmer had to be bribed in order to be forthcoming, but quickly pushed it down, reasoning to herself that the hard times had simply hardened his heart as she addressed him again, after clearing her throat again.

"Well....as I was saying before, we are a group of adventurers who have learned of the unfortunate plight of the residents of Oakhurst, and we are journeying to The Sunless Citadel in the hopes of finding the means to relieve your town, and perhaps even work towards restoring its health and prosperity. But first, we wanted to know if you have seen anything suspicious either yesterday or last night, in relation to what has been happening to Oakhurst as of late."

The aasimar offered a kind and patient smile to the farmer as she spoke. "Please sir....anything at all will be helpful. We only wish to help you and Oakhurst. Is there any information you could offer us?"
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
  #40  
Old 10-06-2015, 09:14 PM
sageheart's Avatar
sageheart sageheart is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-20-2019
RPXP: 3916
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Posts: 5,761
Winking to Zintara, Akon playfully jokes, See, them nobles got some uses, long as it's his money, not mine.
  #41  
Old 10-06-2015, 10:44 PM
EttinWill's Avatar
EttinWill EttinWill is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Posts: 608
Zintara snorts and laughs out loud. "Yeah. Now that is something I can agree with without reservation. Makes you wonder who really rules who? The noble? Or the peasant that gets his money for nothing? "
  #42  
Old 10-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Graknar's Avatar
Graknar Graknar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2017
RPXP: 1268
Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar
Posts: 2,587
Oblivious to the conversation, Olfactra dances around the house towards the tall oak. Eagerly she athletics 11climbs it, to perception 7see what she can see of the surrounding countryside.

Chittering maniacally with a pair of squirrels, she cuts a handful of leafy twigs and begins twisting them into a crown in her thick, dark hair. "We should stop and have a picnic here!" she calls out to her new friends.
  #43  
Old 10-07-2015, 05:09 AM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
left-aligned image
Archibald holds a gold piece between his middle and index finger and raises one eyebrow as he looks at the farmer. "First plow the field, then comes the harvest. So please answer the fair lady."

The sorcerer looks over his shoulder as he hears Olfactra mentioning something about a picnic. He then looks back at the farmer and pulls grimace. "Oohhh picnics are bad. Very, very bad. Better hurry so we can be on our way before the witch decides to eat here......" he left a small silence there. The farmer was bound the be confused, Archibald figured, being threatened and appeased at the same time. But that was the life of people who groveled in the dirt.
__________________
Caelynn Archibald Nightwell III

Last edited by Magpie Manny; 10-07-2015 at 05:12 AM.
  #44  
Old 10-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2019
RPXP: 5442
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,880
OODMQuick clarification, the tree is behind the farmer's house (the house is between the tree and the road)


The farmer's eyes are set more on the group in front of him, but as the "witch" moves around the house he grows visibly more agitated. "Ain't nothin happen here in the last few days. Last thing that did happen was about a month ago when another group of your sorts headed down the road to that blasted hole in the ground. The didn't come back so I heard and I don't think anyone would care much if you lot didn't either. Oakhurst can take care of itself without wanderers coming in and wasting our time." His eyes shift between different members of the group, but he still holds the crossbow firmly.
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera
  #45  
Old 10-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Graknar's Avatar
Graknar Graknar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2017
RPXP: 1268
Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar
Posts: 2,587
"This tree is just the BEST!" shouts Olfactra at the top of her lungs. "It's got acorns, and squirrels, and moss, and all kinds of great stuff!"
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB