RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Ashardalon Series
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 10-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-24-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Libitia quickly homed in on the tidbit of another group having passed this way a month earlier, whilst decidedly tuning out whatever Olfactea was doing. She looked more determined now as she pressed on. "Another group went to the Sunless Citadel? I...don't suppose you remember what any of them looked like, by any chance? Did they tell you anything different from what we've said already?"

"As for your other comments....I can assure you that we have every intention of coming back from the Sunless Citadel. We may not look it, good sir, but we are stronger than we look. If you require proof of our capability, then you will have it soon enough."
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
  #47  
Old 10-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 5442
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,880
"There were four of them. Bunch of fools is what they looked like. Two of them striding like knights off to a friendly joust all clad in their shiny armor. Fools. The woman was no better, playing at being some kind of mage. Only the cloaked one seemed to be taking whatever it was they were playing at seriously." His voice hastened and his tone pitched a bit in annoyance, "and they were nice enough to have just walked right by without bothering me. I don't care if you come back or not, but if you do, do me the pleasure of not staying for a chat. Keep your blasted gold but just be on your way." At this point he steps back into the house and slams the door behind him. A few of you can notice some movement in one of the windows as the man is clearly watching to see if you leave.
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera
  #48  
Old 10-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-24-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Libitia blinked wordlessly as the farmer shut himself inside and slammed the door shut. Goodness....he really WAS grumpy...." she muttered to herself, before turning to the others.

"But now, at least, we know that we're not the only ones to have journeyed to this "Sunless Citadel". Perhaps we may find some benefit in finding out what happened to them. We will help Oakhurst, regardless of what he believes" she continued, looking more determined than ever to head to the Sunless Citadel.

As the party started making their way back to the road, the aasimar called out to Olfactra, who was still perched in the farmer's tree. "Olfactra! Please come down from their and rejoin us, if you'd please. We're continuing down the road now."
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
  #49  
Old 10-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
left-aligned image
Archibald shrugs and gives Libitia a puzzled look. "The Sunless Citadel is a hole in the ground? That sounds less.... epic."

He then flicks the gold coin he held between his fingers towards ground in front of the farmer's door. "He might be a grumpy old fool, but a word given is a word kept."

He agrees with Libitia and turns around and points his finger towards where the Citadel was supposed to be. "Let's us get on with it! However interesting this was, I am sure it couldn't get more boring that this."
__________________
Caelynn ¦ Archibald Nightwell III
  #50  
Old 10-07-2015, 11:40 PM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,846
Standing about halfway between the road and the house, Kalvin stood there bemusing the circumstances that had put him the position of looking over a group of drunks, marginally insane, relatively hopeless, and other very interesting personalities. Smiling inanely, he watches as Olfactra runs around the house and can be heard yelling about a tree. Then the glint of gold draws his attention to Archie and Libitia as they talk to the farmer, who judging by the slammed door did not want what they offered. Every so often, he would turn to look after Akon and Zintara as they talked out on the road still.

As Archie and Libitia started heading back to the road and called for Olfactra, Kalvin decides that he likes this group in spite of itself. "Yes, this can be fun." He says to himself aloud. Heading back to the road as the others get close, he stays quiet and follows the group along on their trek.
  #51  
Old 10-08-2015, 02:45 AM
EttinWill's Avatar
EttinWill EttinWill is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Posts: 608
The rogue’s eyebrows raise a fraction suddenly when Archibald speaks his parting words and drops the coin. Then her face just as quickly reverts to its usual stoic expression.

As the rest of the group returns to the road, Zintara nods slightly to Akon then returns to her spot in the middle-rear of the party near Libitia. Turning her head to the aasimar she shrugs, "Nicely done, wizard. He may not have been terribly polite but now we know there was a band of adventurers who recently passed this way. I am interested in seeing how that story plays out."

Zintara remains quiet the rest of the journey, unless directly addressed. She seems something like a bird of prey,
Dice Perception:
1d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14
keeping a silent vigil as her gaze cycles between the road, the underbrush, and trees.

Last edited by EttinWill; 10-08-2015 at 02:48 AM. Reason: corrected minor typo; original Perception roll 8+6=14
  #52  
Old 10-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-24-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Libitia's complimenting seemed to raise Libitia's spirits as the group continued their way down the road. She smiled at the rogue in a friendly manner.

"Thank you" the aasimar replied to Zintara. "I....don't suppose you're....anxious to find out what's inside this citadel? I confess I've become increasingly curious ever since we left. It feels....a little exciting, in a way."


Further down the road however, Libitia suddenly stopped dead in her tracks, her eyes practically lighting up as a revelation dawned on her. "What a minute! I think I know which group the farmer was talking about! About 1 month ago, Kerowyn Hurcrele's two children, Talgen and Sharwyn, went off to search for the same place we're heading to now, and haven't been seen since!"

The young wizard stroked her chin thoughtfully as looked to the sky in remembrance. "If I recall correctly, a paladin named Sir Braford and a ranger named Karakas was with them as well. But they have not come back either. I can't say that bodes well for any of them."
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.

Last edited by Clockwerk66; 10-08-2015 at 12:26 PM.
  #53  
Old 10-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 5442
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,880
Day 1, late morningAfter leaving the last inhabited farm on the Old Road, the party continues on. About two miles further down the road, and after passing another three abandoned farms, the landscape changes. The grassy fields give way to rocky landscape but a forest can be seen a ways off, running parallel to the road. Out here, only dry bushes and sparse oak trees grow. The ground is packed hard and it is easy to see why the farms don't come out here. The road is as barren as the landscape, with no signs of other travellers.

The Old Road passes to the east of a narrow ravine which you can see is about 30 feet across, though without getting closer the depth is unknown. At the road's closest approach to the cleft, several broken pillars jut from the earth where the ravine widens and opens into something more akin to a deep, but narrow canyon. Two of the pillars stand straight, but most of them lean against the sloped earth. Others are broken, and several have apparently fallen into the darkness-shrouded depths. A few similar pillars are visible on the opposite side of the ravine. From the descriptions you gathered in town, this should be the location you have been looking for.

From the half day's walk, your stomachs remind you of how long it has been since breakfast.
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera

Last edited by Giot; 10-27-2015 at 11:07 AM.
  #54  
Old 10-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
"Hmmm" Archibald moaned. "Doesn't look that promising, does it?" he says as he turn to see what the other might think.

Suddenly he hears his stomach growl. He places two hands on it and looks a bit embarrassed at the party. "Grab a quick bite to eat before we head in? I work better on a full stomach." He then rummages in his backpack and retrieves some rations.
__________________
Caelynn ¦ Archibald Nightwell III

Last edited by Magpie Manny; 10-08-2015 at 01:43 PM.
  #55  
Old 10-08-2015, 02:35 PM
sageheart's Avatar
sageheart sageheart is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2019
RPXP: 3916
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Posts: 5,758
Agreed. Akon plainly said, looking over the pillars in the distance. It would be best that we have fulls stomachs before we contend with what lays ahead of us. With these words he finds himself a small rock to sit on, and pulls out his rations. Taking a small but decent portion, he eats it slowly, savoring the bites. He does his best to keep
Dice Perception Check:
1d20-1 (3)-1 Total = 2
watch as he eats.
  #56  
Old 10-08-2015, 02:48 PM
EttinWill's Avatar
EttinWill EttinWill is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Posts: 608
While the party members gather for a small meal before descending, Zintara removes some rations from her pack and munches on them absentmindedly,
Dice Perception:
1d20+6 (2)+6 Total = 8
as she searches around the ravine for an obvious way down, as well as any tripwires or false handholds. She also tries to gauge the distance down to the bottom, if possible.

After investigating the pit, she finds her way back to the group where she crouches on her heels, washing down her dried fruit and jerky with some water. Looking up at Libitia, she asks,"Those others who came through here—how do you know them? Friends of yours?"
  #57  
Old 10-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-24-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Once the group finally arrived at the great canyon in the earth, Libitia took note of the pillars that were still standing, and leaned down tentatively to try and find a possible way to climb down. "Goodness...." the aasimar said to no-one in particular. "The farmer wasn't exaggerating. It really IS a home in the ground!"

Her thoughts were interrupted by the loud growling of her stomach, before Libita remembered that she hadn't eaten in a while. Smiling apologetically, the wizardess went to join the others while chewing on her own rations. They were far from the best foodstuffs she had ever eaten, but she didn't complain.

"Know them? Oh....not exactly" Libitia later replied to Zintara. "I simply heard about them sometime after I first arrived at Oakhurst. Not certain why I only rendered that now though...."


Dice Perception to find a way down:
1d20+1 (7)+1 Total = 8
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
  #58  
Old 10-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,846
Kalvin joins the group for their midday meal by looking around with a couple of the others while chewing midstride.

Dice Perception:
1d20+5 (11)+5 Total = 16
  #59  
Old 10-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 5442
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,880
Day 1, middayAs you eat, some of you poke around the site. The pilars are of some interest and they have some letters in the dwarven script scrawled on them, but they don't seem to be made by dwarven hands and the letters spell out nothing known to you. A knotted rope decends down into the darkness of the ravine some distance. Those with darkvision can see a ledge below, almost at the edge of their vision. The rope seems well secured to one of the pillars and it doesn't seem to have been here very long as it hasn't seen the wear of time. Also of note are some carved handholds and footholds in the clifface.
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera
  #60  
Old 10-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,846
Poking around at one point, Kalvin turns over a few stones and finds a pile of ashes that looks like an old campfire. "Hey guys! Look over here, I found what looks like a campfire. The ashes are not that terribly old looking so I would guess it was left by that other party the farmer was talking about!"

 

Last edited by Klar Slasher; 10-08-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB