RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Ashardalon Series
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 10-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Libitia's combat post
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.

Last edited by Clockwerk66; 10-10-2015 at 12:01 PM.
  #77  
Old 10-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-20-2019
RPXP: 5542
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,901
Round 1Kalvin is about to start climbing down the rope when he hears Olfactra's scream. Looking down he sees the rats attacking her, so he immediately targets the first rat attacking her, calling to Kord for guidance causing a burst of flame to jump from his hand to the rat below. The rat's fur singes with a sickening pungency and the exposed skin blisters. After summoning the blessing from Kord, Kalvin immediately begins to make his way down the rope to aid his companions.

"Olfactra? Are you all ri--EEK!" Libitia, having been climbing down the rope already, reaches the bottom and gives a squeak in a mixture of fear and surprise as she notices the giant rats for the first time. While it was true that the young aasimar loved most creatures, something about rats just rubbed her the wrong way for some reason. Thinking quickly, Libitia gathered a mote of fire in her hand, and threw it at the giant pest that was nearest to her at the time, secretly hoping that the flames would simply scare them off. Unfortunately, due to her surprise for having seen the rats for the first time and combined with the overwhelming stench of burnt fur, her aim doesn't hold true.

One of the other rats, having shaken off its initial surprise of both the druid's body and the light rock hitting the ledge infront of it, lunges at take 5 damage, roll a con save DC 10Olfactra.

Olfactra reacts, spraying a poison mist at the rats, but the vermin shrug off the poisonous fumes as they are use to ingesting far worse.

The final rat lunges forward, but the druid manages to sidestep its attack.

Zintara steps back to the ledge, draws her crossbow and takes aim at the enormous rat that is attacking the druid. Due to the distance, she fires twice in quick succession but has difficulty hitting her target. The first one ricochets off of the rocky ledge but the second strikes the beast. Between being set alight and now a crossbow bolt piercing its neck, the rat crumples lifelessly where it stood.

Those who are paying attention to Archibald can see that a slight smile creeps on his face as he hears his party member in trouble. It was not because they were in danger. It was because adventure was upon them. "ACTION BABY!" he almost yells as a joy glazes over his eyes. His eyes and tattoo burn red, from his hands shoots a ball of fire aiming for the rats. The bolt of flame strikes the rat, felling it immediately as its corpse begins to smolder. The smell of burning fur and flesh fill the ledge.


OODM1 more rat remains, please make your combat posts once again. As soon as enough people post to have combat completed I'll wrap it up and we can move out of combat again.
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera
  #78  
Old 10-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
Archibald's combat
__________________
Caelynn Archibald Nightwell III
  #79  
Old 10-10-2015, 06:45 PM
EttinWill's Avatar
EttinWill EttinWill is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Posts: 608
Zintara makes this look good

  #80  
Old 10-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Libitia's combat post the 2nd
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.
  #81  
Old 10-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-20-2019
RPXP: 5542
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,901
Round 2The rat, untouched from the previous round of combat, seems to have not noticed that its companions have been skewered and burned. It makes another lunge at the elf, but Olfactra's wits have fully regained from her fall and she avoids the rat with ease.

"Nice," Archie said as he admire the hand that just shot the Firebolt. Archibald was very pleased with the end result of his spell. Sure he had practiced lately, but he wasn't that sure that everything would work the way he planned it to. Without giving it too much thought he shot another Firebolt at the last remaining Rat. "Burn, baby, Burn!" but unfortunately the shot was wide this time and his firebolt left a scortch mark several feet away from the rodent.

Libitia quickly overcame her initial shock as Archibald, Zintara, and Kalvin handily dispatched two of the oversized rats. Spying the last remaining rodent, the aasimar conjured a mote of pure frost, and directs into a freezing ray against the creature, seeking to stop it in its tracks. "One more! get it quickly! Quickly!" she called out as she cast her cantrip at her target. It strikes true, and at the same time another bolt from the rogue's crossbow sinks deeply into the rat's flank. It takes one more step before crumpling to the floor.

Silence overtakes the party as the heat of battle Everyone gets 25 xpsubsides. Olfactra is bleeding from a rather nasty looking rat bite but otherwise seems to be Still need a con save DC 10 when you get a chance ok. The party members still above ground now make their way cauciously down the rope to rejoin the others. A small, crudely carved set of stairs lead down. Even those with darkvision can no longer see the far wall of the ravine, as it curved away from the wall below the surface. The stairs decend down into darkness, three more ledges, smaller than the one you now stand on, are visible below, but no one can see the bottom.
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera

Last edited by Giot; 10-10-2015 at 07:59 PM.
  #82  
Old 10-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Clockwerk66's Avatar
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2019
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Posts: 1,430
Libitia let go a sigh of relief as the giant rats were quickly disposed of. "*whew*...thank goodness for that" she said out loud as the others made their way down to where she was, brushing her golden hair back behind her head. "I'm...a bit ashamed to admit that rats and I....don't get along very well."

As she and the others made their way to the beginning of the crudely-carved stairs, the aasimar began to channel her innate celestial power, causing her staff to radiate Casting the Light cantrip on my own staff.bright light in every direction, creating a makeshift torch to light the way as they descended. "Please be careful everyone" Libitia cautioned to her friends. "Slow and steady. We don't know if these rocks are slippery or not, and we need not have any undue accidents from rushing down too quickly."
__________________
Currently away on vacation as of May 5th, 2017. Will be back on May 22nd, barring any unforeseen complications.

Last edited by Clockwerk66; 10-10-2015 at 08:44 PM.
  #83  
Old 10-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,826
After making it to the ledge and checking on the rats demise, Kalvin picks up another pebble, casts light on it and tosses it down to the next landing.
  #84  
Old 10-11-2015, 03:23 AM
Graknar's Avatar
Graknar Graknar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2017
RPXP: 1268
Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar
Posts: 2,587
Olfactra slumps against the wall of the ravine, bleeding heavily. "I'm Con save 9. Dammit.not feeling very well," she mutters. She pulls a spring of mistletoe from her pouches of herbs and waves it over her empty palm. Suddenly, ten cast Goodberrybright blue berries appear; she eats five and tucks the rest away in her pouch.

"This is all wrong," she says. "They shouldn't be this big, and they shouldn't be aggressive." Standing up, woozily, she examines the rat corpses nature check 18for any clue as to their origin.

"Hope I haven't caught anything," she says. "Next time we stop to rest I'll need to investigate."

OOCWill cast Detect Poison & Disease as a ritual at next rest.
  #85  
Old 10-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Magpie Manny's Avatar
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny is offline
Chick 'n Wings
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-08-2015
RPXP: 441
Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny Magpie Manny
Posts: 3,137
Archie makes his way down the rope and joins the others.

"Those were some big ones! Never seen them like that before." he said. "You okay?" He looked a bit worried at Olfactra. "I wouldn't want to be bitten by one of those vermin."

"Kalvin, can you do that light trick again? This time on something we can carry, that would be nice. At least then I can see something in this dark hole."

When the sorcerer is provided with light he urges to keep going. "Let's get things going guys. This time I think the guy in the armor should walk in front."
__________________
Caelynn Archibald Nightwell III

Last edited by Magpie Manny; 10-11-2015 at 05:24 PM.
  #86  
Old 10-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,826
At Archie's suggestion, Kalvin looks around and finds a piece of bone that may have been someone's femur at one time and casts his light spell on it then hands it over to Archie. "There you go Arch, I hope that is better for you." Seeing Libitia starting to head down the stairs, Kalvin takes up position behind her and carefully follows her down to the next landing while taking his Warhammer out and setting it firmly in his hand ready in case something else tries to jump out at them.
  #87  
Old 10-11-2015, 05:29 PM
sageheart's Avatar
sageheart sageheart is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-21-2019
RPXP: 4326
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Posts: 5,618
Akon watched as his comrades tackled the vicious rats. His eyebrow raised slightly as they quickly dispatched the creatures. Perhaps he would not be needed. The thought made him smirk. Climbing down the rope carefully, he joined his companions.

Big ones indeed. Hopefully we will not meet more. with these words he draws his longsword and prepares to join the rest of them as they descend deeper down the ravine.
  #88  
Old 10-12-2015, 01:25 AM
Giot's Avatar
Giot Giot is offline
For the Glory of Tiamat!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-20-2019
RPXP: 5542
Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot Giot
Posts: 3,901
Day 1, shortly after middayThe group descends the stairs, lit by arcane and divine light. The stairs are carved from the stone, but rather crudely. It hugs the cliff wall on one side, but the other drops rather precariously. As you descend, the stairs zig zag a few times, but eventually, at the edge of sight, a fortress top emerges from the darkness. The subterranean citadel, though impressive, seems long forgotten. The windows are lightless and the crenellations are cracked. All is quiet, though a cold breeze blows up from below, bringing with it the scent of dust and a faint trace of rot.

The narrow stairs empty into a small courtyard; apparently the top of what was once a crenellated battlement. The buried citadel has sunk so far into the earth that the battlement is now level with the surrounding cavern floor. In front of you looms the surviving structure of what must be the Sunless Citadel. The floor in front of the citadel is apparently composed of a layer of treacherous, crumbled masonry, which reaches to an unknown depth. Only a few steps are all it takes to notice the bits of masonry shifting under your feet. The floor directly in front of the only doorway you can see is relatively clear of the debris that makes up the rest of the area.
__________________
Status: Travel Sept 29-Oct 2, Oct 6-9
Player: Kregan
DM: Xera

Last edited by Giot; 10-13-2015 at 02:47 PM.
  #89  
Old 10-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Klar Slasher's Avatar
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-07-2019
RPXP: 5193
Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher Klar Slasher
Posts: 5,826
As the group makes its way down the stairs, Kalvin kept tossing little pebbles with light cast on them to illuminate the way leaving them behind on the stairs. As they finally reach the bottom, Kalvin looks around uneasy at the loose, shifting debris everywhere. Once at the door, Kalvin looks back to the others. "Well guys, we made it. I will go through the door first if nobody else wants to, but does anyone want to check the door for traps first?" He says while gauging the eagerness of his companions.
  #90  
Old 10-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Graknar's Avatar
Graknar Graknar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2017
RPXP: 1268
Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar
Posts: 2,587
"I'm fine, thanks," says Olfactra to Archie. "They sure are big. Thank you all for your help. I don't know why my spell didn't work. It always has before! Well, most of … "

She pauses for a moment and thinks. "It works at least half of the time. Just about."

"I've heard of big rats like this before, in remote places like this. They can carry a nasty disease, but I think I'm going to be all right," she says, looking down at her rapidly healing wound. "Still, we had better watch out. I can go first again!"
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB