RPXP: 330
Webling Webling Webling Webling
Preter Taim

Name: Preter Taim
Class: Cleric (Light)
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Good
Role: Medic
Concept: A faithful, devoted follower who utterly believes that what they're fighting for is right and just. Quote - "For the Light and our country!"

History: Preter grew up in the fields and farmlands of the outlying countryside of Delthuntle. Here he learned all about farming, and growing crops. He enjoyed a simple life, spent in the workings of the farm and in the daily worship of his deity, Chauntea. During this time, a fire broke out, destroying a barn, and injuring livestock and a few children that were playing in the loft. When Preter went to help, he found that he was healing their wounds without any help from any medicine.

A messenger was sent to the nearest temple, and a resident cleric came shortly thereafter to collect Preter. There, Preter found his true calling: life in service to his god. He learned many secrets, and discovered abilities he didn't know he had. He quickly rose in prominence within the order, and when the commander of the Simballine First Expeditionary Army requested clerical aid in the upcoming fight, Preter was among those promising young clerics chosen to fight.

Last edited by phinar; 08-14-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:04 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14775
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
I moved this thread to the right place and renamed it accordingly.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:50 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
Dropping this here:
Old 08-14-2015, 10:52 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
Let's do a little 20 questions.

Is Preter Taim currently enlisted in the Aglarondian Army?
Old 08-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, but it was very recent. The commanding general of the army requested divine assistance from Preter's religious leaders, and Preter was one of the clerics chosen to assist in the fighting.

Oh, and the reason I had to create a new thread was because I didn't have access to this one at the time. Sorry.

Last edited by Webling; 08-14-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:13 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
No, you were supposed to create a new thread. It was just supposed to be in this folder. It's cool, I've sorted it out.

Okay so you're enlisted, presumably a private. I think the way things are set up, you're not part of Griffin Company. Do you care what unit you were a part of? And as a follow-on, what happened to the unit you were assigned to? Why are you here instead of there?
Old 08-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I don't care what unit you had me assigned to. My thought was that Chauntea, Preter's deity, called him away to join this group for currently unknown reasons.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:41 PM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
Ok let's try this on for size — let me know if you'd like to change the details up.

You were assigned to Kraken Company, a heavy infantry outfit in the army's rear guard. Last night, as you camped atop Stonefist Pass, you dreamed a vivid dream. In your dream, Chauntea, in her guise as the Grain Mother, urged you toward a griffin foundering in snow. As you stepped toward the griffin, you looked back at your Goddess, and stumbled. You fell down a rocky slope and slid to a halt amongst a thick stand of trees. Through the trees, you could hear the sound of fighting, and a griffin's desparate cries. You followed the signs of battle – and woke up.

All around you, the sounds of battle continued. You wondered for a moment whether you had awoken at all, but you nudged the flap of your tent aside and saw that skeletons had fallen upon your unit while you slept. With as much haste as possible, you strapped on your armor and gathered up your arms. But by the time you emerged from your tent, the fighting was essentially over. A few men made a desperate stand against a lumbering wall of skeletons. Miasmas of shadow crackled in the pre-dawn air as the Thayan cultists brought Bane's power down upon the hapless Aglarondians.

"Go," a voice rasps, and you look down to see your sergeant, disemboweled and dying, lying in the dirt. "Go, quickly. Warn the others. Help the others." The effort costs him; he coughs blood. "Run!" For a second, you hesitate, but then you notice that the sergeant's exclamations have drawn notice. A Thayan is looking your direction, and two skeletons peel off the main fight to come your way.

You run, almost blind in the darkness, and stumble. Just as in your dream, you find yourself sliding down a rocky slope, sometimes on your back, sometimes on your shield. It's a miracle you've held onto your mace when at last you come to an abrupt halt, tangled in undergrowth.

Through the woods, you hear the sounds of battle, and you fight your way through a dozen yards of undergrowth until you see the fight: four more skeletons and a cultist engaged with a haggard-looking crew of Aglarondians. You burst from the trees and engage.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Nice! I like it.