RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > Outplay Arena > Outplay 2019
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-06-2019, 09:10 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14176
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Round 0 - Pathfinder applications

PrologueYou, a great power of the realm, have finally caught a few days of downtime. With all the tombs to plunder, demons to subdue, and ransoms to free, you can barely catch a free moment!

One day, a vision appears before your eyes. A robed figure with a bald head, long thin mustache, and piercing eyes appears before you. He floats above the ground in a shimmering haze. You're no rank amateur; you know a mage's ostentatious messaging when you see it. You let the experience wash over you. He speaks in a confident nasally tone:

"Greetings! You surely know who I am: the arch-mage Rostamoinen, first among equals at the Square of Nine. I am contacting you because I see a potential within you. I refer not to the beliefs you hold deep in your heart nor your moral compass. I seek those beyond simplified concepts of good, evil, law and chaos.

"The Nine seek another! We are the greatest caretakers of this world,"
he says without a hint of modesty, "and we have an opening. We had hoped that the great Labyrinth last year would have produced a worthy individual. Instead, it produced ruin, chaos, and self-aggrandizement. Now we try again. There in the bowels of the collapsed Labyrinth is door. The unworthy treasure-seekers last year did not find it. Those who reach the door will be the greatest candidates to join the Nine. They will sit at my side and influence the fate of the world. Combined with the ability of the other eight members of the Square Table, you will be able to stand up against beings of near omnipotent power. I think you may have the capacity to rightly maintain the alignment of the cosmos against such threats.

"If you agree, then you must show me. You must reach the Labyrinth with all speed. Others from around the world have been summoned. They will strive to arrive more quickly, and with grander laurels. If you would join me, do not let them outshine you. In two days, meet at The Gate. There you will meet one of my colleagues, who will guide you to your fate."

The shimmering vision flickers and vanishes. You know exactly The Gate he mentioned. This seems like an opportunity too good to pass up. You head towards the gate.

Application rules
  • Starting level is level 8.
  • Characters start with 20 ability points which may be distributed as per this chart, with the exception that no ability score may be below 8 before racial modifiers.
  • Use max hit points at first level and roll each level after that (rolls are to be in your character application post).
  • Starting gold is 33,000 and no more than 16,500 may be spent on any one item. For enchanted weapons and armor (+1, +2, etc), you must pay for both the base mundane price PLUS the price of the magical bonus
  • You are limited to 3000 gp worth of 'one use' items, including scrolls, potions and one shot miscellaneous magic items. You may not have more than 8 total one use items,
  • When building your character, you must restrict your content to the CRB and ONE of the following books - Advanced Class Guide, Advanced Players Guide, Ultimate Equipment or the Ultimate Magic guides. Please state which of these other books you use, if any.
  • Use the RPGX official character sheet when building your character, and provide a link in your application. Make sure your name does not appear anywhere on the sheet. Be as clear as you can within that sheet about all calculations, including ability scores, skill ratings, and gold spending.
  • Familiars and Animal Companions are allowed as per the standard rules, but other NPCs are not allowed, including eidelons, cohorts/followers from the leadership feat and any other non player character
  • Your application should be anonymized. When you post your application, please put it under BOTH a spoiler tag AND a secret tag

• There is a MAXIMUM length of 1000 This excludes and BBcode mark-up, but DOES include any and all visible text in the applicationwords.
  • Images are not required, but may be included. Please keep them to a reasonable size, if you include any. Musical selections will likely not be considered by the judges.
  • Your character write-up should provide:
    • A backstory
    • A role-play sample of what your character is doing when they receive the above summons (and how they react).
  • Every application must choose which of the four corners of the world you start from. State where you start near the top of your application, by name/class/race. You will begin at either...
    • The Frozen Gate of the North, found at the edge of the frigid homelands of the primitive human hunter society of Kryygsstaan, or
    • The Granite Gate of the East, found at the foot of the mountain homelands of the dwarven nation of Hammerfall, or
    • The Life Gate of the West, found deep in the lush forest home of the elven nation of Tyndanael, or
    • The Free Gate of the South, found at the mouth of the Leeway Pass, passage to the Free States where Dragonborn, goblin, and other 'monstrous' nations are able to hold in relative peace and prosperity.
    (Note that any class and any race can start at any gate. Your race, class, and backstory should put you near one or the other.)
  • Applications close on Friday June 28th at 6pm EST. You may freely edit your submission up to that due date. Any edits after that time will result in disqualification.
Errata 1.1If you select the Nobility Domain, in place of leadership you receive the Persuasive feat.

If you would receive the feat Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat, you receive Spell Focus instead.

As a cleric, if your deity’s favored weapon is unarmed strike you receive Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat.

If you receive a bonded object, only items listed in Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook or your additional source are available. If you select a bonded object that is magical, ie Ring of Invisibility, you must pay the full price at character creation for that item, ie 20,000 gp.

Alchemist's Brew Potion class ability is replaced with the Extra Bombs feat.

You may not select any item crafting feat.

The Fetish hex replaces Craft Wondrous Item with Spell Focus.

Witches may not select the cauldron hex.

Starting gold is 33,000 and no more than 16,500 may be spent on any one item. For enchanted weapons and armor (+1, +2, etc), you must pay for both the base mundane price PLUS the price of the magical bonus. All items must be purchased at full price and no item creation feats may be used.

No item may be used prior to the start of the game. For example, if you wish to copy a scroll into your spellbook you must follow the normal rules to do so after play has been initiated.

Items must be purchased at full value. You can’t buy broken weapons or armor or partially charged wands, rods, or staves.

Ammunition must be purchased in full lots (typically 10, 20 or 50).

Just two more days for Outplay applications!

Last edited by wodine; 06-08-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13048
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina

Last edited by DAquilina; 06-17-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 368
Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode

Completed

Application Reviewed and confirmed. Please do not edit this application or make any changes to your character sheet any time until the end of the competion.

Last edited by Squeak; 06-19-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:42 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8666
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul

Last edited by Yuul; 06-18-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Nos defendat nostra

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13555
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
"Outplay 2019 is here! Who will be this year's champion? I hear even Atalla Wanderer has a solid chance of taking the gold!"

Old 06-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 108
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Hat. Throw. Ring.

Old 06-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Existential _________

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6807
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
Don't worry, 2018 was just calibration...

Application Status: In Progress | Rough Draft | Review | Complete

Application Reviewed and confirmed. Please do not edit this application or make any changes to your character sheet any time until the end of the competion.
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."

Last edited by Squeak; 06-13-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:17 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 372
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.
Currently playing as: [tt=Tandid]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79511[/tt] | [tt=Vias]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79978[/tt] |[tt=Ogeaglial ]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79803[/tt]
Running: Prejudice's Desperation.

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 06-17-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7940
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy

Last edited by Scimmy; 06-22-2019 at 08:05 AM.