RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22894
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
I opened it. Underneath those options you should have the option to open the thread.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1895
Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper
ty
Old 12-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 636
murdergurl murdergurl murdergurl murdergurl murdergurl murdergurl
What folders does an Approved Game come with as a standard? Since I'm not a CS (I don't even know what that stands for) and I'm new here, I can't add/edit folders.

I would need at least 3 folders to run a good RP. One for submitted characters/gear/monsters/etc., another for OOC, and a third for the actual storyline. Are those included as a default? That seems a basic necessity to me.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey look, Shiny!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3625
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE
@ murdergurl The game itself is just a blank folder, you can add as many as you need. I happen to be running a dice based game here. I have one folder/thread set to private, because it just wont do to have players peer over the DM's screen. Are you actively looking for players?

Work load is going to get larger.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 636
murdergurl murdergurl murdergurl murdergurl murdergurl murdergurl
@koboldsDIE
Well, I'm weighing my options out at this point as to what I am able to do. I've been poking around to see if I could join something. Surmise it to say that I think i will hafta author my own story, afterall. I don't mind, I'm just am a bit apprehensive of jumping right into that responsibility when the community here doesn't seem that geared toward RP play without pre-ordained canon and mechanics. (Where most people say 'Game', I say 'Story') Although, I really wouldn't even need/want too many players anyways. 3 or 4 would be ideal, but I could feasibly go with just two and probably be able to manage 5 or six if they don't all post up at once.

I think I might be used to doing things considerably different than what is commonly understood as GMing. For one, I don't run things omnisciently. I always navigate the story through NPCs or a personal character. If I HAVE to I will contrive environmental happenings to 'force' characters a certain direction if they are lagging or being stubborn.

I also don't use a numerical system for determining whether characters can or can't do things. I base it off of relative likelihood, what their character history/background should allow, whether or not it makes a character all around too unbelievably awesome (Warrior/Soldier Mary Sue's in particular really piss me off), and what would be better for the story in general.

Also, I never complete my environment so as to disallow the players their own creative input. I make a skeleton of a plot and sort of fill in as I go along depending on where everyones interactions takes us. I always have fallbacks along the way just in case ppl bail out, though. And I can always revert to my original existing storyline if need be.

I haven't yet decided on what I will author yet, but I readily have a few ideas that I could mull on and flesh out a bit more and then submit for approval. I'm just trying to get a grip on what my resources are before I decide to move forward in that venture.

So, to recap: I get whatever amount of separate folders that I need to make a story? Even if I'm an unprivileged noob to the site? O.o

Last edited by murdergurl; 12-06-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Hey look, Shiny!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3625
koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE koboldsDIE
@ murdergurl

pretty much. One of the Admins or any of the New Player Solo GamesNPSG DM's might be able to put up more qualified information. But I haven't been on this site all that long, only about 4 months or so, and I only have one game I'm Dm'ing. I don't even have much of an outline for my game, I have a beginning and an idea as to where I want it to end. The rest I'm leaving to the players, hopefully they will pick up the crumbs and get out alive.

Work load is going to get larger.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Dread Necro Dog

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10748
Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus
Sorry for being a bit late in answering. CSers are Community Supporters, they're the nice folks with green names who help keep our community alive through a monetary contribution (And, more often than not, by being all-around great, helpful people as well)
One of the many
boons
for Community Supporters is being able to make an unlimited amount of folders in an unlimited amount of layers.
Non-CSers who have been around for half a year and have more than 1000 posts can also make folders, but only a single layer and only 4 per game at maximum. (Which, for most games, is enough)
Old 06-19-2017, 10:04 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35462
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Note that the initial posts in this game are several years old, and the system and site does get tweaks and upgrades as time marches on. If something you've done or are attempting to do in regards to this forum doesn't mesh with the OP of this thread, as in an error or bug comes up or something just doesn't seem right, please consult an Admin.
Closed Thread