: +

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
HandsOfBlue
Posting interest, should be completed tomorrow. I love the head-to-head idea! Need some more love for the light in here, I think. After all, the night is dark and full of terrors.

Name: Alathea
Race: Eladrin (Summer)
Class: Sorcerer (Fire Giant Soul)
Background: Courtier
Alignment: CG
Group: Paragons
A picture of your character WIP
A description of your character's personality WIP
A description of your character's past WIP
And finally a RP sample. WIP
Old 12-04-2018, 05:04 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 81
KhamLuc
Posting interest, should be completed tomorrow.

Name: Ryess
Race: Human (variant )
Class: Rogue / cleric ( repentent of his Dark Past life...
Background:
Alignment: NG
Group: Paragons Of Light
A picture of your character WIP
A description of your character's personality WIP
A description of your character's past WIP
And finally a RP sample. WIP

Last edited by KhamLuc; 12-14-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26
Song
DeadlineThe deadline has been decided.

This add's deadline has been decided. So far, I have seen some great apps, and hope this continues. However, the deadline must be set. This add will close on the 21st of December. Good day.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1029
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
WIP

Name: Nomad

Race: Yuan-Ti Pureblood

Class: Paladin

Background: Far Traveler

Alignment: NE

Group Shadow Dancers

Personality: : Masquerading as and passing for human, Nomad has spent quite a lot of time among humans and other humanoid races. She knows how to be pleasant and social, diplomatic if she has be or aggressive and out right dangerous if the situation calls for it. However this is all just an act. Deep down inside Nomad is just like any other Yuan-Ti. Cold, ruthless, cunning and manipulative. She is also willing to achieve her goals by any means necessary.

Character's past: Belonging to the lowest caste of Yuan-Ti society, Nomad avoided being on the dinner plate of an upper caste member by spending a lot of her time among humans. When she did return to her temple home she always brought with her prisoners for interrogation and who would eventually be sacrificed at the altar. By presenting these gifts to the upper caste members Nomad showed them her usefulness to them. In return she gain rewards from them. That's how Nomad managed to survive all these years. By using those above her, at home, every chance she could. She then took those skills learned at home and used them against the humans and humanoid races she came in contact with. This made acquiring prisoners surprisingly easy. It also ensured that Nomad would be overlooked when the next time an upper caste Yuan-Ti decided he or she needed a slave...or worse.

RP sample:

Last edited by voodoozombie; 12-15-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Song
Bump
Old 12-10-2018, 04:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 416
m149307 m149307 m149307 m149307 m149307
Name: Varis the Deadly
Race: Drow
Class: Bard
Background: Outlander
Alignment: CN
Which Group Are You In: The Shadow Dancers
A Description of Personality: Varis is a polite assassin which is rather odd in his line of work. He follows a strict code of how the deaths should work, including providing an opportunity for a last request.
A Description of Past: For as long as Varis could remember, he has been an outcast. Born into an unwelcoming home, he left as soon as he was old enough to live on his own. He roamed the lands, fighting off any of sought to kill him and living only for himself. As the years passed he slowly learned that there was more to life than just killing for food or survival. At the next town he reached, he wandered around looking for something to do until he happened upon a small circus at the edge of said town which was empty of people aside from the performers. Perplexed at the sight, he went in and talked more with the people there, and found out that the circus was merely a front for small organization of assassins! Varis was delighted, as he had found people who were as skilled as he was in killing, but they did it for a purpose other than merely survival. He decided to stay and learn what he could, eventually falling under the wing of a dancer who was handy with a rapier. Mistress Quickblade, as she was called on stage, taught the young Drow all she knew about the art of performing with the blade to please the crowd and also new creative ways to kill folk with that blade. After a decade of learning and performing, Varis learned of an organization that was recruiting for fighters in an Arena, so he headed off to try and join in order to test his newly honed abilities and skills.
RP Sample, Finally "Have you come to kill me?" Says the man lying in bed, having been paralyzed with fear as he heard the sounds of screams suddenly cut off and metal clashing upon metal in the hallway mere moments before his door had opened.
"Yes, I have. Know that this brings me no joy to do this to you and your family, but money is money. I will at least ensure a quick trip to the afterlife." Varis says, shifting his blade to his side so the blood doesn't drip onto his clothes. He was slightly out of breath from the fights with 8 different guards but he had finally reached his target. "Have you any last words before I send you on?" said the cloaked assassin, not really caring if the rather large man did or not but asking as a professional courtesy. He had listened to many pleas of mercy in the past, and knew this next one would be no less boring than the rest. He waited until the man had exhausted his attempts at bargaining for his life, then quickly strode forward and slew the man. Shaking his head at the noble's misguided notion that money could always save them, he took one last look around the room before heading back down the stairs and out the front door, closing it behind him as he left.

Last edited by m149307; 12-10-2018 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Forgot the picture
Old 12-12-2018, 12:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 255
Drakur Drakur Drakur
I was wondering if you would accept Planeshift: Zendikar races https://media.wizards.com/2016/downl...20Zendikar.pdf? I am looking at an Emeria creed merfolk Druid for the Paragons of Light.

Ready for Review

Name: Cisayi (SIS-uh-yee) Vadak (VAD-ack)
Race: Emeria Creed Merfolk
Class: Druid 6, Circle of the Moon
Background: Folk Hero
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Group: Paragons of Light

Personality: Cisayi tends to be a reserved individual, not wanting to reveal much of herself. She puts little faith in words, in part because of the ease with which she can manipulate them herself. She feels strongly about personal freedom and despises those who use power to take those freedoms from others.

Past: Cisayi remembers very little of her parents or her people. When she was young, a massive storm brewed on the surface above her home. Curious, she swam too close to the surface. The storm tossed massive debris from vessels dredged from the deep around, slamming into her head. She lost consciousness, and the storm cast her into an unknown current. She found herself without much of a memory on the shoreline of an unknown place. She wandered the shores until she came across a small village.

The people of the village were very unnerved by her appearance, having heard tales of what lurked beneath the depths of the ocean. Plus, she was very young, barely a teenager, claiming no memory of what had occurred to cast her to their borders. At first, people didn't want to believe her, but her insistence convinced them. She decided to press what she could, discovering a knack for being able to make people believe what she wanted them to with honeyed words and careful observation. She pushed further and further, but she was eventually caught up in a lie so large that she was driven out of town.

She ended up several towns over, but she had learned her lesson. She was honest from the start, even going as far as to explain the mistakes that she had made. She was accepted, if not a little mistrusted, for her honesty and her skills for understanding the land. It was a basic life, but it was her life. That was until the mayor changed.

The new mayor began making changes, slowly solidifying his own power and squeezing every coin possible out of the rest of the townsfolk. At first, Cisayi let the others handle it, content to sit by. She had enough for herself, and she could supplement whatever she needed with her magic. But that wasn't enough. She couldn't stand to see the others suffer. She decided to confront the mayor and demand his immediate resignation.

When she approached the mayor's building, however, the guards moved to attack her. Feeling the rage well up inside, she charged forward. Her mer form melted away, replaced instead by a massive beast. She laid waste to the guards and decimated the doorway. The mayor tried to attack her, but she lashed out and gave him a massive gash across his face. He fled the town for good, and Cisayi was hailed as a hero of the people.

RP Sample: Cisayi bounded into the field as a gazelle, happily enjoying the freedom of simply being an animal. A young girl ran into the field, smiling ear to ear. Cisayi decided to wander towards the child, bowing her head to the little one. Then the father came into view. He raised a bow to take aim, clearly intending on killing her for food. He was thin, dangerously so. She looked again at the little girl, also thinner than she should be. She sighed, allowing her form to meld back into her mer self.

"Easy there, you two," she said softly. The little girl grabbed her leg, crying. The man dropped his bow, beginning to cry as well. She plucked a few berries from a nearby bush, purifying them and infusing them with nourishment. She gave a few to the little girl and walked towards the father, extending her hand. "It's okay, I mean you no harm. I'd like to help if I can." The man accepted, eating one and feeling the warmth wash over him.

"Thank you, is there any way to repay you?" he asked, holding his daughter close to him as they enjoyed the meal.

"Tell me what happened," Cisayi stated flatly.

"We've been taxed, completely beyond our means. We struggle just to survive. I could be killed for hunting on these lands, but I had to do something," he explained. Her fist tightened around her staff.

"Point me in the right direction, then. I'll take care of things." With that, Cisayi had a new mission, a new tyrant to topple.

Last edited by Drakur; 12-13-2018 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Song
Some of the things in Planeshift: Zendikar I'm going to have to say no on. (Vampire mainly) Fortunately, the Merfolk are one of the more balanced parts, so you may use one.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drakur Drakur Drakur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post
Some of the things in Planeshift: Zendikar I'm going to have to say no on. (Vampire mainly) Fortunately, the Merfolk are one of the more balanced parts, so you may use one.
Awesome, thank you! I'll have the rest of my app drawn up later tonight.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:54 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 451
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
Your name: Caution
Your race: Grung
Your class: Rogue/Cleric
Your background: Far Traveler
Your alignment: Lawful Evil
Which group you are in: Shadow Dancers
A picture of your character:
A description of your character's personality: Caution is a slaver. While he obviously does it for the gold, his side business is misery. He captures his wares by guile and stealth, but keeps them in a constant vegetative state using poisons and stabilizing magic. He believes every creature serves to bring him gold, as a buyer or as an auction item. Caution does not speak common, but his he keeps a slave that translates near at hand whenever possible.
A description of your character's past: Originally(and probably still) named AhGurun, Caution began his career by sneaking up on a sleeping band of adventurers paralyzing them and turning them into a gold filled purse. He began taking on bounties, his favourites were the ones he could maim the target to return a body part and retrieve the bounty before secretly selling the "barely used" individual at a discount for the damage they'd received. While an excellent assassin he is loathe to kill, because who pays for blood? He sold bodies to necromancers for a short period but didn't like that enough to continue. Caution moves from town to town as part of grotesqueries and oddity shows, his Barker is maybe Mitchell Egan, who secretly is a slave who has some favor with his master, and serves as a translator to the cranky frog.
RP sample: The kids paid a copper to see the acrobatic frog from the mysterious jungles, when Mitchell summoned him to the stage Caution delayed only a moment to take stock of how much the skinny blond boy in the front row would net him. The boy was young, but being a people trader Caution knew he came from strong stock. The day was nearly over and the speckled frog was not interested in playing a clown now. As he juggled three balls in his webbed feet he sat and pondered how long before the bundle he left at the inn began to writhe and shout. Lost in thought a ball flew out of his reach and the young boy hurled it back at his head, that's when he knew he must have him. A slight nod to Mitchell informed him of the hatching plan.

Last edited by Nikolas; 12-14-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drakur Drakur Drakur
Ready for review! I can expand if so desired, but I tried to walk the line between too much and not enough.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
HandsOfBlue
@Song: Unfortunately, I'm going to have to withdraw my submission from this one. A few too many things popped up at once. Happy gaming to everyone!
Old 12-14-2018, 08:40 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 451
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
I'm using One Grung Above btw