: +

Notices

Old 12-06-2018, 10:48 PM
it's all fun and games

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26
FungeonMaster
I can dig it. Those retainers can keep watch while you adventurer-types catch up on some sleep. Nice.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:28 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dirty Magic
It's true. Kijana came up to me just the other day and said, "I am sworn to carry your burdens"
Old 12-07-2018, 01:11 AM
Roma Invicta

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382
I heard Djak say: "That's not a horker! That's my liege!"
Old 12-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Oooo Tomorrow is D Day! *Shimmies*
"I like to watch them. They fill me with...joy. The first time I felt it I thought I was going to die. I said to the bull, I must have them. I must have ALL of them! All there are! For nothing makes me happy...but their shining...and their grace. And so the red bull caught them."
Old 12-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 305
ellie ellie ellie ellie
*Shakes*

Updated my application with an RP Sample, 100% on time

Good luck to everyone who applied, and my sympathies to FungeonMaster - there are a lot of great characters in this thread, gonna be a tough decision who to take!
Old 12-09-2018, 08:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 252
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Good luck everyone! No matter who gets in it's sure to be a fun game.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:33 PM
Nanomachines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 172
Solid Snek Solid Snek
Good luck!
Old 12-10-2018, 12:57 AM
Attic Dwelling Crone

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 493
Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera
Two minutes? OK!

Sister GwendolynName: Sister Gwendolyn

Race: Tiefling

Class: Cleric

Alignment: Lawful Good

Deity: Sehanine

Appearance and Personality: Gwendolyn is slim, rather petite girl for her age; a body cultivated by a youth of religious discipline and fasting common in the religions of the Old World. Her long hair, black as ebony, tumbles in loose, bushy, waves to her middle back, contrasting drastically to her milk-white skin. As far as tieflings go, her infernal features are rather minimal (perhaps to her benefit): short, skin covered horns poke out from the hairline on her upper forehead, and a somewhat slim tail is nearly always covered by her pure white cleric robes. Horns and tail aside, the most unsettling part of her appearance is her eyes: marbled, pure white orbs with just the faintest grey hint of a pupil.

Background: It is unheard of for an infernal one to be accepted into the White Robes of Sehanine. At least, that is what the other priestesses said when the Mother Abbess announced to the that they had received an orphan tiefling that was to be raised in the abby as one of their own. It became a bit more believable when they saw the child: skin and eyes as white as the moon they worshiped, and hair as black as the surrounding sky. Of course, such an appearance inspired half-truth rumors, from the child being born directly of the pale moon herself as a test of tolerance, to being the blessed, bastard child of some infernal mother who wished a pure life for her daughter. But the instruction of the Mother Abbess was that the newly named Gwendolyn would live the life of a normal Cleric priestess, and that instruction was obeyed. The tiefling girl grew up safely in Moonbow Abby -the oldest establishment of the Order of Sehanine in the Old World- away from the persecuting eyes of the public, thanks to the kindness and acceptance of the Mother Abbess.

As the years went on, Sister Gwendolyn proved to be no different than the other young sisters, despite her appearance, and was even gifted in the clerical arts, especially healing and channeling the divine light. A gentle soul, air of humility, and childlike lightheartedness (and naiveté) was what most of the sisters came to expect from her, accompanied by an fervent devotion to the order. Over time, many of the sisters forgot about the fact that she even had infernal ancestry…

The White Robes of Sehanine were by no means a large order, at least not compared to the followers of Vaerid. In the recent decades, following the discovery of the New World, his flock had expanded massively, and others had dwindled. About forty years ago, the first missionary group from of the abby White Robes had been sent to the New World, with a mission to bring the light of Sehanine to the colonists and savages of that land, as well as preserve the teachings and traditions of the Old World. When the time came to send a new group of missionary sisters, the 17 year old Gwendolyn volunteered to go, eager to help bring the light of faith to those who were less blessed than herself.

Unfortunately, living in the cloistered abby all those years, out of the public eye, Gwendolyn had never truly known just how cruel the world can be. After a long and unpleasant trip by sea, with people who treated her much less kindly than her fellow sister always had, she and some other missionaries arrived in New Beacon, where the New World division of the White Robes was established. Gwendolyn was initially relieved, thinking that she could find some kinder souls among the religion that she loved so dearly, but no such luck. The elder sisters that had been sent forty years before greeted her with obvious contempt, sickened and disappointed that an infernal creature such as herself had been allowed to don the white robes and be called a cleric. Gwendolyn was shocked and disappointed, to say the least, but took their displeasure as a challenge to prove herself in the New World.

The adjustment wasn’t easy. The mission was much less comfortable than the Abby, and the elder sisters were relentless. Gwendolyn was rarely ever let outside to perform normal missionary work. On top of that, she was usually blamed and punished for every little thing that went wrong, and sometimes even for no reason at all. Unfortunately for the elder sisters, she took to everything with a sense of never-ending enthusiasm and humility, so the punishment of cleaning or fasting wasn’t all too satisfying for them. Behind closed doors, however, Gwendolyn wept freely, and spent her time fervently praying for a new opportunity, questioning if she did the right thing coming to the New World.

Now, a year later, her prayers might be answered.

News of the Baroness recruiting people for an expedition into the wilds has reached the ears of the elder sisters. Both the opportunity for missionary work and the payment sounds enticing, but the wilds are notoriously dangerous, crawling with beasts and savages. The obvious answer to them, of course, is Gwendolyn, whom they officially offer to the Baroness as an emissary of the Order. From what they’ve seen, she is desperate for approval, and zealous enough that she won’t question her mission. If she succeeds, then it will bring new wealth and glory to the Order of Sehanine. If she fails, then she wouldn’t be missed, no skin off their noses.

“Maybe that dirty, infernal blood will resonate with those savages” they say. “At least we won’t have to look at her in the meantime.”

Last edited by Lepidoptera; 12-10-2018 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:43 AM
Attic Dwelling Crone

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 493
Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera Lepidoptera
Oof, that was close! (please pardon any little edits. They are really just me being a victim of my own grammatical pickiness)
Good luck everyone! I'm excited to see who gets in!
@SolidSnek we meet again....

Last edited by Lepidoptera; 12-10-2018 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Whew! Lol good timing!
"I like to watch them. They fill me with...joy. The first time I felt it I thought I was going to die. I said to the bull, I must have them. I must have ALL of them! All there are! For nothing makes me happy...but their shining...and their grace. And so the red bull caught them."
Old 12-10-2018, 02:17 AM
it's all fun and games

Tools
User Statistics
FungeonMaster
@Lepidotera: No worries. Thanks for the application!

@everyone: Applications are now closed. I'll be sending out PMs and announcing selections here sometime tomorrow. Thanks for being patient!
Old 12-10-2018, 12:13 PM
it's all fun and games

Tools
User Statistics
FungeonMaster
Alright, people. There were some excellent applications turned in for this game, and I'm sorry I can't say yes to everyone. The players I selected were those whose characters I felt were most compelling, those who showed enthusiasm for the game, and/or those who tailored their character concepts to fit within the unique campaign setting/context.

The cast of characters for Vaeridia Rising will include:
  • Lucius Carmine, the half-siren warlock/sorcerer and preacher of Vaerid (Solid Snek)
  • Malak Roth, the human hexblade and front-line Imperial infantryman (saratek187)
  • Gorzha Vohzgmiir, the human knight from an Old World kingdom (Dirty Magic)
  • Wisteria Clearwater, the noble human ranger in search of adventure (shauna)
  • Lauralie Maddocks, the human paladin bound by duty to Vaerid (MeredithS)
  • Enari, the Bastarni spellsinger with her feet in two worlds (ellie)

Thanks to all that applied, and congratulations to those that succeeded! For those players not chosen, please know that this wasn't an easy choice for me, and if we find ourselves in need of replacement players, this is first place I'll look!

Happy gaming, all!
Old 12-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
HandsOfBlue
Thanks for the opportunity, FungeonMaster! Happy gaming to everyone!
Old 12-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 114
danab danab
Congrats to the winners. Fair winds, fair winds.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1641
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Good luck all.