RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 05-31-2014, 09:39 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Battlestar Galactica: Acts of Treason

Game NameBSG: Acts of Treason
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeBattleStar Galactica RPG
FlavourThe Colonies - Shortly Before the 2nd Cylon Attack
Plot SummaryGame is set shortly before the Cylons attack the Twelve Colonies.
The PCs are elite Pilots and officers who serve in the 71st Battlestar Group (BSG) under the command of Admiral Nagala. They are assigned to Red Squadron, Atlantia’s elite Viper squadron that consists of BSG 71’s best pilots and best fighters. Admiral Nagala brought this squadron into being, personally selected its members and reorganized Atlantia’s Red Squadron as a group of pilots, without a set mission profile, allowing the squadron to accept almost any mission.

Your GM: I've been GMing/DMing games for over 25 years, and online play-by-post since 2001. I've RP'd in and GM'd several Serenity Cortex games ( a few on this site), and a few BSG Cortex Games. This game I've run once twice before. The first time it was almost to the end until the play-by-post site we were on went under. The second time was here, and RL got me and at least one other player around the same time, so it stalled. Needless to say, I am very familiar with this official Game Module.

# of Players: Accepting 1 player at the moment. Openings are for the following: 1 Raptor Pilot.

Anyone I recognize from previous games I am in or have been in that is a reliable poster may get precedence. Having just written that, I will say that good writing, and imagination will win out every time.

Rulebook: This game will be using the Battlestar Galatica RPG Cortex Rulebook. I also have the book 'Thin Blue Line.' I am also using official modules, though they will be tweaked to fit together and run consecutively so they seem... seamless.

Starting Level: Veteran

Time to Submit An Application: I'll keep this open until I have at least double the apps needed, or Saturday June 16th. This is just a guide, not in stone if interest is there.

Posting Schedule/Frequency: I've tried to keep to a decent GM posting schedule, sort of a loose sliding window, and I'd say it works 20% of the time at best. So, I'll leave it up to the players that are accepted, but 7 days is the maximum time I'll agree to go between GM posts that move things along. I reserve the right to post more often for flavor and for one or more players doing something apart from others. However, If the players all post on a quicker schedule, I'll post as soon as I can to keep up.

STORYLINE: You are all tough fighters and someone not to Frak with in a Viper, Raptor, and even in hand-to-hand with some. In other words, you're the best of the best. You know it, and everyone on your ship knows it. Unbeknownst to you, you are about to put all that spit, polish, and vigor to the test. Assassinations, Terrorists, and oh yeah, the complete and utter destruction of almost all of your race are a few things you will face along the way. You won't always be in a Viper or a Raptor though.
RP is more important here than rolling and mechanics, but the most important thing is adding to the story line, creating your own story, and having fun. Note that all players will be "Red Squadron."

APPLICATIONS: Since no rolling is required to create a character, please use this Site's "Serenity" character sheet Template as it is almost the same. Go ahead and create a character with the 48 point Attribute buy, 68 point skill buy, and 4 point trait buy.

Being "Elite" Pilots, all Viper Pilots must have the Dogfighter Trait & the following Skills at a minimum:
([I]Piloting skills below do not apply to the ECO/Navigator, but it would be recommended to at least have the basic skills for piloting.
-Guns d6 / Pistol d8
-Mechanical Engineering
-Unarmed Combat
-Pilot d6 / Viper d8 (Raptor pilot would have Raptor d8)
-Technical Engineering
- At least one Viper pilot must have Astrogation
- The Raptor Pilot and Navigator must have Astrogation at a d8, higher is recommended.
- At least one character must have Ships Cannons (falls under piloting)

- Other Traits that would be helpful: Cool Under Fire, Renowned, So Say We All, Duty, Overconfident
- Other Skills that will be helpful: Athletics, Discipline/Leadership/Morale, Influence / Persuasion, Knowledge, Medical Expertise, Perception, Melee Weapon Combat.

Bear in mind that Pilots never get to pick their Call sign. I will give you a short list of callsigns to choose from. I will take these from your bio and how instructors and peers would react to you and tag your character with a call sign.

Use this rough template to put forth your submission -

Character Name:
Sex:
Personality:
Birth Colony:
Background:

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 07-10-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Game Starting up Again
Old 05-31-2014, 10:32 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
If you have any doubts about the system, it's practically identical to Serenity Cortex system except for some different Traits, Skills, and Equipment.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8968
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
I'll look at the system over the weekend. If i can understand it well enough (highly likely) those frakkers are going to eat my Viper's cannons. Drinks are on me!
Old 06-01-2014, 02:50 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
lostwynter lostwynter
Count me in. Easily one of my favorite RPG games and systems (and my favorite TV show). I don't know this module either, so that's a plus.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
I need to find the rulebook somewhere and give it a read.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 AM

Tools
User Statistics
I would suggest a place, but last time I put a link up to a shared site I got "reprimanded" for the whole copyright infringement thing. Not disagreeing, just saying I can't help.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:53 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwynter View Post
Count me in. Easily one of my favorite RPG games and systems (and my favorite TV show). I don't know this module either, so that's a plus.
Yeah, I'm a sucker as well. Got all the seasons, BSG Razor, 1.0, 1.5, etc. Even participated in my son's pinecar derby "Adult races" with a car looking like a Cylon Raider, yes the cool looking ones from the latter T.V. show.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
lostwynter lostwynter
That's pretty awesome!

Should we post our character concepts here with those questions you have listed? And yeah, there's likely a few places you can get the book but can't say where. DrivethruRPG has it of course.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1791
masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate
Interested in this.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:01 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwynter View Post
That's pretty awesome!

Should we post our character concepts here with those questions you have listed? And yeah, there's likely a few places you can get the book but can't say where. DrivethruRPG has it of course.
Yes, post here. The Game Thread isn't up yet anyhoo.

4! Potential! Players!!!!!

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 06-01-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3270
Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor
I started a BSG game on this site- he was a marine battalion commander, would you mind if I gave him a "refit"? His background and personality are pretty stellar and I would love the opportunity to actually use him, I will just alter his service records.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8968
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
The PCs are elite Viper pilots who serve in the 71st Battlestar Group (BSG) under the command of Admiral Nagala. They are assigned to Red Squadron, Atlantia’s elite Viper squadron that consists of BSG 71’s best pilots and best fighters. Admiral Nagala brought this squadron into being, personally selected its members and reorganized Atlantia’s Red Squadron as a group of pilots without a set mission profile, allowing the squadron to accept almost any mission.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7202
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Interested as well but I need to finish my App for Jalroy's Supers game by the 4th first. Good luck by the way Drachenspirit.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:19 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
I started a BSG game on this site- he was a marine battalion commander, would you mind if I gave him a "refit"? His background and personality are pretty stellar and I would love the opportunity to actually use him, I will just alter his service records.
As long as he meets the level criteria and the rest of the skill/trait specifics I'm fine with the background most likely.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:22 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
lostwynter lostwynter
Here's my application. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see changed/modified.

Character Name: Janine Karbos
Sex: Female
Physical Description: Small of stature and build, she has pale skin and platinum blonde hair that appears nearly white. Combined with her ghostly gray eyes, it's not hard to see where her callsign came from.
Callsign (and how/why you got it): Ghost. During Flight training, it became a derogatory term her Cadre would call her, due to her appearance and quiet demeanor.
Personality: Janine (Jan to her friends) is quiet and reflective, preferring to think a great number of things through before acting. She is also strangely superstitious, often tapping a precise amount of times on her Viper's exterior as she inspects it, or keeping her bunk just so. It was a common prank to re-arrange her things while she was on CAP duty.
Birth Colony: Picon
Background:
Janine Karbos spent very little time on solid ground. She was born in an orbital station above Picon and spent most of her life in the Colonial shipyards. Her father was a mechanic who patched up ships and was often contracted to help build new starships. Her mother was a Viper pilot who retired after giving birth to Janine. Her upbringing was hard on her, as the isolation of her situation meant she never had many friends.

When she was sixteen, an accident in her father's business changed her life. An explosion, resulting from poorly handled ordinance, killed her father, her uncle and rendered her mother vegetative. If Janine had not been in a stockroom, she'd have been killed too. Soon after, she joined the military to help pay the massive bills her mother's ongoing medical care requires.

The small, quiet girl who entered the Academy on Picon became one of the brightest stars it graduated. Several officers will say she has her mother's instincts, a born Viper pilot. While true, Janine is an incredibly talented officer in that respect, she'll say it came from a lot of hard work and ignoring more "fun" activities.

She's a dutiful and hardworking pilot and often volunteers on the flight deck when the deckhands are shorthanded. While this may be seen as unbecoming an officer of her status, it reminds her a little bit of home. She is now one of the youngest pilots to join the new battlegroup, and while she came highly recommended, many other pilots still see her as a fresh nugget without much experience.

Last edited by lostwynter; 06-02-2014 at 08:48 PM.