RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 06:08 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
Lol, really letting a bunch of Viper Jocks choose your callsign?
Indeed. Once I read your character's background, I'll come up with some ideas.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
Squadfather43 Squadfather43 Squadfather43
To be honest, one can not choose one's own call sign.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:51 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
True
Old 06-09-2018, 07:02 AM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3270
Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor
got me there.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:16 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Shameless bump
Old 06-11-2018, 03:05 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Squirrels Squirrels
This looks awesome! I love the show but I'm new to the game. I'm reading through the rulebook now and it looks like a pretty interesting system. I'd love to create a raptor pilot to join you guys
Old 06-11-2018, 11:06 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Yay! That would cover the Raptor! We still need two more Viper Pilots! I can, if need be, NPC them, or at least one if I have to. Thanks for those waiting and your patience.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:37 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Bump! If squirrels and squadfather43 are both in, that'd still leave 2 slots open for Viper Pilots.
Anyone?
Old 06-12-2018, 06:46 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Yet another.... BUMP!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
FamnDool FamnDool
Is there an online SRD for this? I tried looking, but didn't find one. If I can get online rules, I have an idea for a Viper Pilot I'd like to try. The last time I played a BSG game was on the old Sci-Fi forums back in between seasons when the show was running, and we had a blast.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Squirrels Squirrels
Scribdb has the book online and it looks like you can download it if you pay for the app subscription or just read the online version free. As best I can tell it's legit and not pirated. You're looking for the bsg rpg published by Margaret Weis Productions btw (there's at least one other bsg rpg out there.)
Old 06-12-2018, 10:38 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamnDool View Post
Is there an online SRD for this? I tried looking, but didn't find one. If I can get online rules, I have an idea for a Viper Pilot I'd like to try. The last time I played a BSG game was on the old Sci-Fi forums back in between seasons when the show was running, and we had a blast.
Look for Battlestar Galactica Cortex RPG, or even Serenity Cortex RPG. There's a newer Firefly RPG, but it's not Cortex. The rules are the same for BSG, and Serenity, with only the equipment being different (but working the same with rolls and such) and some traits being more or less to fit Genre. It's out there, but I can't post links that might be to a source that sells copyrighted material. If you can't it, and still want in, I can post some basics for how it's played.
Basically, you have your Attributes (most other systems call these abilities), and all skills fall under one of the core abilities. It's all d2 step, up to d12, then it's d12 +2, d12+4, and so on. Rolls are vs. a difficulty level, with easy being "3", and and it steps up by 4s so Average difficulty would be 7, hard would be 11, and so on.
You get a number of points - based on game/character level - to purchase abilities and skills. It costs what the die roll is up to d8. So an Intelligence of 8 would cost 8 points. Skills have base skills, and then specialties.
I could go on, but it might get confusing. I've found stuff out there still, you just have to look.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:56 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
FamnDool FamnDool
Character Name: Samuel Richt
Sex: Male
Physical Description: Short and tight is the best description of this Libran man. Standing a scant 5'6, and weighing in at just over 120 pounds, Samuel barely fits in a standard issue flight suit. His skin is just one shade darker than pale, his life mainly having been spent under the hood of many a vehicle, his close cropped hair is black, his narrow and searching eyes are a deep green flecked with brown. Around the waist of his flight suit he wears a heavy web belt loaded down with dozens of tools.
Callsign (and how/why you got it): Up to the group, though I think "Spanner" would be an obvious choice.
Personality:
Birth Colony: Libris
Background: Coming from the lower echelon of Librian society the Richt family hearkens back to the old days, when having many skills in various things was highly prized.
By the time Sam was 10 he could drive, or fix, the families RAM. By 12 he was learning to work on his father's personal shuttle. At 15 he was regularly flying one of the family's three refitted Viper Mk I's dusting crops across the thousand acre family farm.
As he approached his 18th Nameday Sam knew that he wanted to do something different with his life. Fading away after his graduation from school he quietly Enlisted in the Colonial Army.
His ability to overcome multiple situations using his wide skillset was noticed during his training, and he was assigned advanced training as a Mechanic. During his Mechanic training he was able to demonstrate his additional abilities as a pilot. As a result he was assigned further training. Graduating from training he was given the job of Maintenance Test Pilot, Class B. It became not only his job to make repairs on both Vipers and Raptors, but to take them out on test flights after repairs were complete.
On these test flights his abilities as a pilot were commented on again and again by his superiors. Eventually Sam was given the opportunity to train as a Viper Pilot. His innate abilities, combined with his long hours flying his families older model Vipers, allowed him to excel at this training.

Last edited by FamnDool; 06-13-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:14 AM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3270
Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor
I used the base Cortex system guidebook. Forget where I got if from though

Getting both hard copy and digital copies of what are now the older systems used to be easy. If you play 3.5e and have looked at the prices for supplements on Amazon, you know what i'm talking about.

Last edited by Hextor; 06-13-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:46 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Nice Bio FamnDool!
Like it.
Going by your Bio, I added in the mechanic aspect with the Test Pilot experience, and came up with these four call signs that could be tagged on Samuel during his training, or when he got to his first unit. Test pilots, though risking life and limb, tend to be able to do many things at once and be cool under pressure. Mix that with a tinkerer's mindset, this is what I came up with.

Callsigns
  • Thumper - picked up by Samuel's instructors or trainers, they always felt he was standing there tapping his foot to hurry and pass the test(s) so he could get on with his life
  • 8-Ball - Once during a landing cycle of 4 vipers, there was a comms problem, and Samuel not only answered the Landing officer for his approach, but for the other 3 vipers as well. On that ship, it was possible to land 8 vipers at once on both port and starboard, so thus the name.
  • Juggler - Samuel's uncanny ability to keep track of many things at once got this callsign tagged on him.
  • Digger - Samuel's tenacity at chasing even a simply 'buggy' problem until fixed on a ship he flies

Please move your bio over to the Game forum and begin creating Samuel's character sheet. Once completed and approved, I'll open up the game thread for you to begin posting.
Here's the link to the Game Forum.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 06-13-2018 at 10:48 AM.