RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 07-07-2018, 09:43 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Yes, mathematician will work with Hacking as well. You could always take 'Talented', which lets you chose two specialty skills instead.
And yes, mechanically inclined I would allow it to be used on repairing electrical devices as well.

I'll keep checking back until you say you're done.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 92
Kaine51
Viper pilot for me then, Iíll get reading and create my character ASAP...
Old 07-08-2018, 04:56 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaine51 View Post
Viper pilot for me then, Iíll get reading and create my character ASAP...
Awesome.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:54 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4498
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
I looked over my app and added a few things, but as I said I am generally content with what I wrote. So unless you have something you'd want to me to expand on I am done.

I focused my skillset even more sheetwise - up to a point where I would understand if you thought of it too narrow. But it's kind of in line with the personality I have in mind for the character, and in actuality he is good (or at least above average) in quite a few things: Piloting, Astrogation, Hacking, Programming, Shooting and Repairing things.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:08 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Sheet looks good Phettberg!

Here is a link to the Game Forum. Put your bio along with a link to character sheet in the Active Character thread, and say hello to everyone in the OOC thread.

I'll work on getting you into the game. Welcome to the game!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 92
Kaine51
Viper pilot checking in...

Character name: Devlin Reynolds
Sex: Male
Physical Description: Devlin is of average height with lithe build, dark hair and large brown eyes that sparkle with energy. He is considered handsome and has the innate charisma and popularity assosciated with those native to Scorpia. He doesn't look like the typical elite viper pilot, his arms covered in dark menacing tattoos, his flight suit top hanging down around his waist, with a simple vest top exposing a large 71st BSG tattoo across his chest.
Callsign: tbc
Personality: Devlin has turned his life around is fiercely proud to be part of red squadron, although he can never fully shake off the past. At first it is fair to say the rest of the squadron were concerned with what they had heard about Devlin, but he soon won them over. Although charming and charismatic, it was his natural piloting skills which made him one of their own. Given his own life experiences, Devlin has a tendancy to give people a second chance.
Birth Colony: Scorpia
Background:

Old 07-10-2018, 11:55 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Bio looks good Kaine51!

Here is a link to the Game Forum. Put your bio along with a link to character sheet in the Active Character thread, and say hello to everyone in the OOC thread. If you need help creating your character sheet, just ask anyone over in the OOC thread, including me, and we'll help out.

Given your background, here's three possible callsigns I came up with. Choose one of these, or I'll come up with a few more if you like.

Devil - given by the obvious mispronunciation of his first name over and over and over, Lt. Reynolds was tagged with this monikor.

Bullseye - having a panache for getting the highest scores for landing on the deck time after time, the LSO began to just say, "Bullseye again. Figures. " Then when Lt. Reynolds would be on approach, the LSO would just start saying 'Bullseye' as he put down the marks. On a ship, everything catches on quickly, especially a nickname, and it stuck.

Slider - This actually started in the Academy/flight school. Seeing Reynolds doing PT, or in short sleeves, several Instructors would say - with no ill intent - "where'd we get this guy?", and one comment in reply of , "The door opened a crack, and he slid right in. Good thing, he's a natural behind the stick." The instructors started referring to him - only among themselves at first - as Slider, meaning it as a compliment on how whatever his past was, he overcame it and found his purpose. By the time Reynolds graduated, the nickname had stuck, and followed him to his first duty assignment where he was officially tagged with it.

I'll work on getting you into the game, once your character sheet is complete.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:45 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Yes!!! We need at least one Player! We need a Raptor Pilot.
The first post of this thread has been edited to reflect this new player/character Recruitment.

Any questions, please ask in this thread, or PM me.

Following is the current roster of players and Openings.

AssignmentRankCallsignPlayer
Viper PilotCaptainAsperJaredSyn
Viper PilotLieutenantBlitzHextor
Viper PilotLT Ghostlostwynter
Viper PilotLTCupcakeColonelCommissar
Viper PilotLTSliderKaine51
Raptor Navigator/ECOLTTombstonePhettberg
Raptor PilotLTTBDOpen

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 07-10-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:58 PM

Tools
User Statistics
*Bump*
Old 07-13-2018, 04:17 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Wanna be a Raptor Pilot? This game needs one. Join up, get a cool callsign, and try and help save humanity.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:40 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8649
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Character Name: Emmett Harmon
Sex: Male

Physical Description: Emmett is reasonably well proportioned, even if his arms and shoulders are still a bit large even after having left the life of a farmer many years before. The only thing keeping at bay the paunch typical among pilots who spend fourteen hours a day stuck in a cockpit is the fact Emmett rarely remembers to eat (because nothing ever tastes good). He keeps his brown hair just long enough an enlisted colonial would get a reprimand, but not long enough he himself gets too much flack for it. When looking in the mirror after a long day with the helmet on he finds a rugged handsomeness and a feeling of home at the sweaty, mussed up mop on his head. It reminds him of the farm, and the sweat stained and sun bleached rancher’s hat he traded in for a flight suit’s helmet. Emmett’s eyes are a dark brown, too sharp to be considered chocolate. At first glance the eyes are set deep, the eyelids partially closed in a resting and natural boorish look, except something intelligent and clever gleams where oafish brutishness would be expected. Emmett doesn’t shave as much as he is supposed to, missing the close cropped beard he wore until military service, and will immediately regrow it any time he has leave. He still wears his wedding ring, a simple and unadorned tungsten band. Nicole’s wedding and engagement ring set are threaded on his dog tags.

Personality: Emmett is exactly what someone would think, at first glance and first impression, of the stereotypical old Aerolon ranch-hand. Many think he’s a bit thick when starting a conversation with him, as he is slow to respond in conversation and will take his time to think on responses. It doesn’t take long to realize he’s not slow because he’s dim, but he seems to relish in the act of moving at his own pace. It’s difficult to rattle Emmett, or to get him to hurry when he isn’t in the mood to, almost like a recalcitrant donkey. When he does get around to speaking, however, despite the backwater accent and weathered face so unusual among spacers, it’s obvious the mind stuck within his head is anything but dumb famer. He’s never shy to discuss deep and important topics, plodding through conversation with a consistent rhythm and unabashed ownership of his opinions and ideas. He isn’t one to quip, or be situationally witty, he can deliver a joke or outlandish statement with a desert’s dryness, catching his audience off guard. On the other hand, where he’s slow with his words he’s quick with his actions. Nimble, despite his size. Emmett has an almost eerie level of awareness without being jumpy or paranoid, simply a palpable sense of mindfulness and being present and connected with whatever is going on around him. His little acts of irreverence never come off as an intentional attempt at subverting the military system, but more as a clinging to the things which make life planet side normal, such as his grooming habits or his tendency to blare his eclectic sense of music over the comms. He enjoys being a Raptor pilot, and is never directly derogatory to the Viper pilots and seems completely immune to the friendly rivalry between the two classes of pilots. He prefers the variety of jobs and responsibilities he has access too from the seat of a raptor. It’s also nice to have a captive audience to philosophize with on long missions (whether they like it or not.) The quintessential support, despite being one of the best raptor pilots in the fleet, he knows he’s not better than most other colonialist at many specialties and seems predisposed to making his comrades better at their jobs. No team, even of the best of the best, operates together as smoothly as when they have Emmett to shore up their weaknesses. Despite all this, Emmett is still from Aerolon, and to him a handshake is a contract, and you can take people at their word, and his faith in humanity routinely gets him in trouble.

Birth Colony: Aerolon

Background: Emmett joined the military service late in life, and never grew up expecting to be a military man. Born on Aerolon he was raised the way almost everyone from the colony are, on a farm, and he was content. Emmett did well in school as a child, and excelled in all studies without trying terribly, and as such on paper was a marginal student. Chores were more important than homework, and as long as he could pass the tests and pass the class who cared if it was an A or a C in the end? Emmett knew he was destined to run a tractor, and a combine, and as interesting as science was, no equation was going to help him at calving time. Emmett was provided a scholarship, despite his grades, at a very small local school where he studied husbandry and agriculture. There is where he met his wife, Natalie. They were married in their senior year, and moved to his family farm and ranch after they finished school. Emmett was content, and many years passed without notoriety, with the exception of a very bad year where Emmett started to work on overland trucking and, eventually, on planet hoppers transporting goods off world. It was during this happenstance, a job he took because they wouldn’t make the bills, he discovered a knack for flying. He couldn’t afford civilian pilot school, so he took most of his work under the table, and off the books. His bosses liked paying someone half of what a pilot would charge and Emmett enjoyed flying. In their fourth year of marriage Natalie became pregnant, but died in childbirth. Devestated, Emmett attempted to return to his normal life, but found living in the same town with the same friends and the same old walls without her was too difficult, and set out to find a way to get a proper pilot’s license so he could do interplanetary travel (legitimately.) He found it exceptionally difficult to get any funding, due to his mediocre marks and generally useless education when it came to interstellar business, and eventually wandered into a recruiting office for the Colonial Fleet. It was as if the seat he sat in for the aptitude tests was an ejection seat; as soon as he finished the placement battery he was practically whisked off to flight school. No one could believe a hillbilly from Aerolon could produce scores as high as he had. The recruiters told him he could do anything in the fleet he wanted, and they meant be a hot-shot viper pilot. But much to their surprise he demanded Raptor school. They told him he could do whatever he wanted in the fleet, and they never imagined how much he did. He didn’t want to work in the CIC of a capital ship, he wanted to fly. Considering the long term peace, he wouldn’t have guessed there’d be another cylon ever, and the likelihood of a civil war nonexistent, being a viper pilot sounded incredibly dull. There was so much to do in a raptor, so many ways to challenge his mind and the leash and personal autonomy on mission was so much greater, he can’t imagine having any other role. While in school at first he was just the "old guy" in pilot school, but he quickly became notorious for being unshakable, never the one who rattled, never the one who got riled up or tripped up or surprised. He was rough around the edges, but not in the way the instructors were used to. They were used to beating down the bravado of an impetuous young flyboy, not the almost mild mannered roguishness of a cadet who didn’t shave enough and snuck cans of dip into the flight simulator room. After he was commissioned he was clearly a rising star, with nothing to distract him from excelling at his job he applied himself fully to his work, outstripping his peers and showing them what experience and grit combined with intelligence and cunning could do in comparison to unbridled youth and gumption.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; 07-14-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:23 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Hey DraconigenaArma!

Great app! Enjoyed reading through it.

You are welcomed to the game with only one change. I am on the road untill this evening, but I was able to look at your character sheet.
U should have put this in the advert, but sixth sense is limited to d6. The d8 will really play havoc with the game modules I am using, especially since I other character, Ghost, has his trait d6, as well. Also, you still have 2 points to spend on skills or Traits, not counting the 2 you will have for moving sixth sense down to d6.
So you can either add another trait, delete a trait or bump up one ability. Having just typed that, I think there maybe a trait or two you have yo take, as mentioned in the advert post. Not 100% certain.
Please go over to the game forum and post your bio and say hello to everyone in the ooc thread.
Link is up in post 187 I think.
I will work on a way to get you into the game.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:46 PM

Tools
User Statistics
-- - - Not Taking Applications At This time - - -
Old 12-06-2018, 06:13 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Withdrawn

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 12-12-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:44 PM

Tools
User Statistics
bump