RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 06-02-2014, 03:14 AM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3270
Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor
NAME: Lieutenant Colonel John "Jack" C. Fitzpatrick

SEX: Male

BIRTH COLONY: Caprica

DESCRIPTION:
This pilot stands at 5' 11" and weighs in at 190lbs. His toned physique and dark features do well in complimenting his rough persona. He wears his Brown hair in a crew cut and has sharp blue eyes.

CALL SIGN: Blitz.
John received the call sign "Blitz" during flight school after his squad's training officer explained to the young lieutenant that he was not rushing a passer in his viper. It wasn't the first (or last) time he used the tactic of aiming his fighter directly at the target, breaking pattern unexpectedly.

PERSONALITY:
Jack tends to come off as the typical viper jock. He's abrasive and boasts a tough front. He is also brilliant, and the wings' best tactician, despite his infamous renegade maneuver. He likes to read books, mostly historical non-fiction and operations manuals. He does have a nice compliment of philosophical works, as well. He is headstrong and intelligent, as well as an extremely effective naval officer.

BACKGROUND:
Lieutenant Colonel John Fitzpatrick was the second of two sons born to Doctors Marie and Gerald Fitzpatrick. His mother was cheif resident at Caprica Hospital and his father was a professor of physics at the University Of Caprica. From a young age, much was expected of this individual. His brother, Daniel, was older by four years. His brother's academic career had been very impressive, casting a shadow. For John, this was less than optimal, as his standing was mediocre at best. John wasn't unintelligent, he wasn't challenged. He desired challenge and a competitive environment.

After high-school, John Fitzgerald applied to the Virgon Military Institute. He was fourth in his class upon graduation. The young ensign was fielded into intelligence for his first duty out of the academy on account of his impressive marks. After this first round of tours, he quickly requested a transfer in to flight training. He commanded a few reconnaissance missions before being put on patrol in the neutral zone. It was in this position most of his accommodations were received.

While most of his work was classified, those above him felt that service in neutral space might be less than sufficient, as there was less and less action. Months after being rotated back to the colonies for R&R, he was plucked for the 71st and it was time for the major to upgrade his oak leaves and prepare for life flying in Colonial space.

NoteThe sheet linked is based on the original design, and is provided as an example. I will generate a new sheet based on the fresh concept, but it will be fairly similar. I will get that filled out soon, and edit my application with revisions.

Sheet updated.

Last edited by Hextor; 06-02-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
Sheet updated.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1791
masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate
Character Name: Lieutenant Alexander Leontius
Sex: Male
Physical Description: A tall man, just over 1.8metres tall and nearly 80kg. He has short black buzz cut hair, blue eyes, has a great smile, and almost always has a smoothly shaved face. Alexander is quite fit and well-toned, liking to spend time each day in the gym when able.
Callsign (and how/why you got it): Mono (short for Monocle), named because Alexander has a habit of leaning too hard against his rifle scope while trying to find a target when on ground duty, often leaving him with rings around his eye.
Personality: Alexander is cocky, but not unjustifiably so, and a bit of a show off when it comes to proving his skill. However he likes to connect with those around him and can be a very trusting person. He believes that the Colonial Military is a fraternity, and he considers those that serve by his side to be his brothers and sisters in arms. Alexander is also a man of faith, and has been know to say a prayer for all those in earshot before a mission.
Birth Colony: Picon
Background: Alexander’s parents served during the First Cylon War, aboard the Battlestar Athena. His mother was a Raptor pilot and his father was a CIC officer. Alexander is the youngest of four children, all of whom joined the Colonial Military as soon as they could. Thanks to his parent’s previous service during the War, Alexander attend Picon Military Academy. Whilst he wasn’t the smartest in his cohort, the instructors immediately noticed he had a natural affinity towards being in the cockpit of a Viper, and being able to lead his fellow students.
This gained Alexander rather unwanted attention from his instructors and earned him the ire of his fellow students, who felt Alexander was getting special attention because he was being a suck up. His years in the academy were rough, but Alexander eventually graduated at the top of his class and was granted a placement at the Colonial Military War College on Caprica. After graduating from War College Alexander was snapped up quite quickly by the Pegasus Battlestar Group. He quickly earned himself a reputation amongst the Pegasus Viper pilots as an exceptionally skilled pilot. After several years on Pegasus, and after feeling like it was his home, an order from above came in asking for Alexander’s transfer to BSG 71.

Last edited by masternate; 06-03-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8968
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
While still very interested, I am going to resist making an application. I'd like somebody else to get to have the fun for a change. Enjoy! If you ever need someone to play a guest NPC for a while, hit me up, but I'm going to keep myself from putting in an official application.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
Sheet complete.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
lostwynter lostwynter
Updated my application with a link to her sheet. Yay!

Also: Updated her background for readability and added extra details.

Last edited by lostwynter; 06-02-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:18 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Good apps gang! Still waiting on the Game thread to be created, so no hurry.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
Depending on how many they got over the weekend, you'll probably see in your inbox tomorrow or Wednesday.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:12 AM
Baker of Puns

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23384
Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq
I will get an app. together by the weekend. I loved the original series when I kid, always thought vipers were much cooler than x-wings.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2894
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Are you accepting those who have not played this game before? If so I will work on submission today once I can get to the store and pick up a book. LOL Or is there SRD available?
Old 06-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Character Name: Lt Dylan Staven
Sex: Male
Physical Description: Dylan while not a huge figure is lithe and muscular from years of physical training. He has brown hair worn short Marine style. He has chiseled features framing ice blue eyes. He has a variety of tattoos one for each battle he has taken part in covering his body in various locations. His appearance the definition of squared away.
right-aligned image

Callsign (and how/why you got it):
Asper. Dylan received his callsign after saving a group of Marines pinned down by 4 Cyclon Raiders. His wingman had technical difficulty with his Viper and had to bail, leaving Dylan alone. Unwilling to leave his Marine brothers behind, he took the fight to the Cyclons. The Marines who saw the battle stated after they had never seen such a fierce display of courage and loyalty. Even though wounded he was able to defeat the Cylon assault. Asper is short for fierce in Latin.

Personality: Dylan is a warrior at heart. Years of training and fighting have taught him to rely on his instincts and trust in his squad. He makes it a priority to know as much about his squad mates as possible so he understands their capabilities and strengths. He takes great pride in his achievements, and holds himself and his fellow officers and enlisted to a high standard.

Background:

His father was a Forced Recon Marine, and taught Dylan at an early age respect. He also taught Dylan to be a survivor training him as a young boy many of the skills he himself learned in the Marines. It was no surprise to anyone when Dylan enlisted in the Marines. His childhood training served him well and upon completing COCS, he was transferred to Forced recon as a Lieutenant.

After completing Forced Recon and graduating top of his class Dylan was assigned to his first Reconnaissance platoon. Dylan served admirably receiving several commendations during his tour, before being selected to transfer to the CMAW. Dylan had always had a desire to be a pilot, when the opportunity arose he applied. Once again completed his training top of his class and was transferred to the 2nd Marine Aerospace Wing. It was during his tour here that he received his callsign, during a dogfight with 4 Cylon raiders.

Dylan has served in a variety of encounters and advanced through the ranks quickly. He is well respected among the Marines and especially among the Forced Recon group. Not long ago he was transferred to the 71st BSG, Red Squadron an elite unit of fighter pilots. It is his honor to serve with such illustrious and respected pilots.

Character Sheet Added please check it first time doing this. But eager to learn and play.

Last edited by JaredSyn; 06-09-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:01 AM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Lol. Too funny Neqq.

Jaredsyn, accepting 6 players who can rp using the system, new or old. All. Characters are Lieutenants except the Squad leader who is a Captain. There's the flight leader and his/her wingman, and two senior Lieutenants each with their wingmen. The best pilot need not be lead as Apollo and Starbuck's example show.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
That's fine easy enough to change rank that means is younger as well.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7202
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Although I'm still very interested I need to pass for now. RL is a gettimg busy and I don't want to overextend.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
lostwynter lostwynter
Just as FYI for you folks making sheets. Firing a Viper's weapons uses the "Ship's Cannons" specialty. Also, a pilot's Alertness score needs to match the Viper's Agility to take full advantage of it. Otherwise you need to roll Alertness vs Agility of the viper each time you pilot it. Learned thees things the hard way in a few campaigns here at home >.<