RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 06-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2894
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Updated.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:45 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Submissions so far...

Lostwynter: Playing Callsign: Ghost
Hextor: Playing Callsign: Blitz
Masternate: Playing Callsign: Mono
JaredSyn: Playing Callsign: Asper

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 06-04-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:46 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Just got notification that the Game thread is up. Also just got home from Dallas, so tired, hot, and catching up on home stuff, so twill be tomorrow evening probably before I start building Threads in the game section.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1791
masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate
My application is completed.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3270
Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwynter View Post
Just as FYI for you folks making sheets. Firing a Viper's weapons uses the "Ship's Cannons" specialty. Also, a pilot's Alertness score needs to match the Viper's Agility to take full advantage of it. Otherwise you need to roll Alertness vs Agility of the viper each time you pilot it. Learned thees things the hard way in a few campaigns here at home >.<
Thanks! Only played one other time, and I was a marine. I will work on my sheet. Cannons fall under pilot or weapons?
Old 06-04-2014, 12:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate masternate
Judging by the skill specs it can fall under a couple. I went with piloting cause I didn't have to buy up the other skill to get it. Same with astrogation if I am reading it properly
Old 06-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
Astrogation seems like Perception to me... Even though it requires the use of mathematical equations. I'll put it under pilot.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
lostwynter lostwynter
It goes under Pilot, yep.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Evily Adorable

Tools
User Statistics
What does? Astrogation AND Ship's Cannons? Sorry I put two thoughts too close together.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
lostwynter lostwynter
Ship's Cannons though Astrogation might be as well... I don't have the book handy atm unfortunately.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ships Cannons seem to fall under 'Heavy Weapons' and 'Pilot'
while Astrogation is under 'Pilot' and 'Technical Engineering'
My original comment was more meaning that a few of the specialities can fall under one of many base skills. For me it is easy to put both those under pilot as it was the one that was going to be at a high enough level to really worry about. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Cheers
Old 06-04-2014, 07:32 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Game Forum is up. Here's the link.

The following players, with their callsigns are accepted into the game. Welcome to Red Squadron!

Lostwynter: Playing Callsign: Ghost
Hextor: Playing Callsign: Blitz
Masternate: Playing Callsign: Mono
JaredSyn: Playing Callsign: Asper

Still space for two more, and I'd like at least one more. If I have to I can NPC the 6th member as there's complete character builds for 6 players in the Game Module if players want to use them. On that note, if any of you are interested, I can post them over in the game thread.

No worries for those still thinking they might join up! Still two spots open!
- D

Old 06-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Baker of Puns

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23384
Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq
Titus 'Hunter' Wingarde
left-aligned image

Character Name: Titus Wingarde
Sex: Male

Physical Description: Titus is a short (5’7”) but stocky young man. He has plain features and neatly maintained short brown hair.

Callsign (and how/why you got it): Hunter
Titus received his call sign after becoming the first trainee to ever beat the famed scenario 42 on the Colonial Fleet Viper simulator. When has was attacked by the dozen Cyclon ships he escaped to an asteroid field and managed to break up the formation of his pursuers. Then literally the hunted became the Hunter.
Personality: Titus is the antithesis of most Viper pilots being quiet and reserved. He takes all aspects of his jobs very seriously and this sometimes this can grate with colleagues, but when the chips are down he can be counted to be cool and calm.

Birth Colony: Leonis

Background: Titus Wingarde’s parent built the great Battlestars in the Leonis' hollow stations. Young Titus’ imagination was captured by the huge ships. His one dream was to be an officer in Colonial Fleet and to become a Viper pilot. His father tried to keep him grounded, constantly telling him to get his head out of the stars and to learn a trade so he could one day work in the hollow stations.

Titus could see the hollow station built Battlestar, but also created hollow men. It was a thankless job, Picon and its allies had defeat Leonis and still looked down on them. Titus refused to accept his lot in life and was driven at school and totally obsessed by Viper simulators. Alas, he was on Leonis and his dream proved to be out of reach and at 16 he was working beside his father in the hollow stations.

Then fate intervened. A group of high ranking officers from the Colonial Fleet came to inspect work on one of the new Battlestars. Titus was in the break room playing on an old Viper simulator when one of the officer, an experience Viper pilot came into to the room. He had a hacking cough and had being guided into the room to get a drink. The officer notice Titus and saw the impressive score he had amassed. He continued to observe the young man who was calm and ultra-focussed dealing with the increasing threatening Cyclon attacks. A small alarm sounded on the intercom on the wall. The young man stopped playing and went to go back to work. The officer grabbed him by the arm and told him to accompany him.

By the end of the day Titus was on his way to Picon to fulfil his dream. In training he was single-minded and graduated top of his class. He was sent to serve on the Pegasus a ship he helped to build. Here his service was outstanding in dealing with smugglers, terrorists and pirates. He rose to the rank of Lieutenant before being recruited to Battlestar Atlantia’s elite Red Squadron.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hahahah Neqq, I like the picture of your character.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Baker of Puns

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23384
Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq
Old school Apollo. Nice to see another Aussie, wonder how many other people can recognise the flag.