RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook
5 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 05-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Pizza Samurai

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1636
Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator
Alright, great. I'll subscribe to this thread, so I'll see anything else you post here, though feel free to PM me if urgent action is needed. I might also be able to do some recruiting.

Taker of the Oath of Sanginus
Old 05-26-2015, 12:14 AM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Cool. Go ahead and create a character and a character sheet. Anyone you can point this way would be great as well.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Pizza Samurai

Tools
User Statistics
Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator Deliverator
I'm really going to need you to guide me step-by-step through the chargen process.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:20 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
You can use the Firefly sheet here on the site as it is close.
A Veteran starts with 48 Attribute Points, 68 Skill Points, and 4 Trait Points.
You have access to the Core Rule book?
Old 05-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Pizza Samurai

Tools
User Statistics
Nope. Should I buy it on RPGNow or somewhere like that?

Edit: BTW, my girlfriend is even now as we type joining the site just to join this game. Behold my marvelous powers of recruitment.

Last edited by Deliverator; 05-26-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:25 PM
Faceless Old Woman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
ladyheliotrope
HEWWO.

*ahem*

Hello. I'm Lady H / Helo. (latter might be too confusing). I'd like to join your game. Woo!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Faceless Old Woman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
ladyheliotrope
Character Name: Fai Farisi
Sex: F, slightly femme.
Physical Description: Slightly on the chubby side, tends to slack off on brute muscle in favor of dexterity. Dark complexion (Indian heritage). Hair maximally long and wavy, and it comes out of its ponytail every chance it gets.
Callsign (and how/why you got it): Bookie, given her obsession with reading.
Personality: Highly self-educated, desperate to prove herself worthy of the honor of serving. Practices yoga, is generally considered a bit of a weirdo for that. But it's got her where she is now.
Birth Colony: Aerilon
Background: Parents both poor, grandparents even more poor, and great grandparents even more poor. So they've worked their way up, tooth and nail. Fai was naturally curious, which was a godsend for the poor family that had failed to instill a passion to succeed in Fai's older brothers.They managed to send Fai to meet with some recruiters. She impressed the recruitment examiners so much with her smarts that they offered her a full ride, and her parents nearly died with joy. Their sons were brutally jealous, but then again, they'd never put themselves to their studies like she did. Her parents were uncharacteristically egalitarian. Fai holds their values closely to her, and that includes a healthy skepticism towards the role of the gods - her parents were among few on Aerilon who believed that the gods helped those who helped themselves, and Fai believes this with every fibre of her being.

Fai would have unfettered ambition, except for one major challenge: she's devestatingly shy. She grew up with two brothers who resented her, and loved and respected her parents a great deal, but her parents never saw the importance of encouraging the little girl to leave the farm and build friendships. Fai had her books, and she never realized there was anything else worth pursuing outside of her lust for reading. And entering the military cowed her a great deal in this respect - other people were able to craft friendships that were truly unbelieveably close, and she felt like she never could get that close with other people.

She knows Drell from the library - she's an omnivorous reader, and while he tends to stick to one or two areas of military history, what he lacks in bredth he makes up for (mostly) in depth, and she appreciates this. She's sat in on a few of his conversations in the dining hall where he was expounding on something interesting to his coterie.

Last edited by ladyheliotrope; 05-26-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Pizza Samurai

Tools
User Statistics
Character Name: Drelleth Fung
Sex: M
Physical Description: East Asian, short-cropped hair like most military types, short and thin, though of course in good physical condition
Callsign (and how/why you got it): Fang, parody on his last name, and his short temper
Personality: Stickler for the rules, a bit touchy, doesn't always take teasing well, particularly about his physical attributes. Interested in high-level tactical and strategic considerations as well as the nitty-gritty of flying Vipers and Raptors.
Birth Colony: Leonis, city of Peleto, second-largest on that world
Background: Drelleth was an only child and a bit of a stereotypical "nerd" in Leonis' somewhat macho culture, though he was also often frustrated by the other intellectual-type kids he was exposed to: they seemed unpatriotic and weak-willed. His parents had uninteresting clerical jobs but considered themselves free-thinkers and encouraged Drel to develop his own interests, which in practice simply meant they weren't really there for him. When in high school, he began to deal with his social isolation by reading histories of the first Cylon war, and other military engagements throughout colonial history. His history teacher Mrs. Kendall encouraged him in this interest, since it seemed to be the only thing that sparked him to be truly motivated.

It was at the end of his sophomore year that he announced that he was joining the JCOTT (Junior Colonial Officer Training Team, equivalent of real-world US J-ROTC) and intended to go to the Academy after graduating. His parents took this news with their usual phlegmatic distance, though Mrs. Kendall was more demonstrative: she was very supportive, though also worried, even if she tried not to let it show. She had lost her mother in the first Cylon War and knew first-hand of the toll that war could take, after all. Still, Drel worked hard through the rest of High School to keep his grades up and made First Honors, as well as several Distinctions of Merit in the JCOTT. His acceptance to the Academy came as expected, and he left Leonis without a second thought.

He's managed to make a few friends since joining the Fleet. Fai (Bookie) is among the closest, since she actually seems to be interested in intellectual and scientific matters, too. But he only met her recently, upon being promoted to Red Squadron. During his time in the military before now, his closest friend has been Jack Halcko. Jack is even more technically-minded than Drel, and actually ended up on the engineering side of things rather than piloting. Fortunately, they are stationed in the same battle group, though not on the same ship, so they are still able to get together frequently.

But most of Drel's time has remained taken up with training and studying. He still feels a strong need to prove himself: first it was to get into the Academy in the first place, then to become a pilot, then to make Red Squadron. So he is still trying to emerge from his shell and just be "one of the guys" with the other pilots. He longs for a chance to truly test his courage and skill; even live-fire combat drills have become routine. Perhaps this trip to Picon will prove more interesting than might be obvious at first glance...

Old 05-27-2015, 03:56 PM

Tools
User Statistics
You two are in! Pending acceptance of your character sheets of course. Also, be aware that both of your characters are on the BS Athena, and the new Cylon war has begun.
Welcome!
Go on over to the Game Forum, introduce yourselves in the OOC thread and add the above bios to the Character thread. Also, get right to creating your character sheets. Use the Site's firefly sheet as it is very close to the BSG one. Any questions, just ask them over in the OOC thread.

Also note that your character is aboard the Battlestar Athena. How you got there is up to you, but it may require some tweaking of your background.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-27-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Pizza Samurai

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, we'll do it ASAP.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Shiny and chrome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1640
Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious
Posting interest - I love BSG and only had a chance to play briefly in one short-lived game. I'll take a look at the game threads and see if I can come up with a character.

Last edited by Skylarious; 05-27-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:25 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for your interest Skylarious! If you decide to join the game, your character will make 6 players and that will mean we are full!

Old 05-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Pizza Samurai

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry, didn't realize about the shift in the time line from the beginning of the thread till now. Will update my backstory as makes sense after I have a chance to read the game thread. I'm also attempting to muddle my way through Chargen using the Serenity sheet (I assume you don't mean the "Serenity Ship" sheet, just the regular "Serenity" one?), and will encourage LadyH to do the same as soon as she can.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:50 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator View Post
Sorry, didn't realize about the shift in the time line from the beginning of the thread till now. Will update my backstory as makes sense after I have a chance to read the game thread. I'm also attempting to muddle my way through Chargen using the Serenity sheet (I assume you don't mean the "Serenity Ship" sheet, just the regular "Serenity" one?), and will encourage LadyH to do the same as soon as she can.
You are correct, the Serenity sheet and not the Ship one.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:10 AM
Pizza Samurai

Tools
User Statistics
OK, I figured out how to apportion Attributes, but I have a question about Skills, and another about Traits.

1) If you have both a skill and a specialty within it, does the cost of the base skill subtract from the cost of the specialty? So for example if I have Knowledge d6 and a specialty of Military History d10, does the latter cost me a full 10 points, or only 4?

2) How the hell does buying Traits work? It says 4 Trait points, does that mean you only get d4 worth of Traits? Do Complications give you points back as in other Advantage/Disadvantage systems? And you list some Traits that would be helpful—is there a master list somewhere, or are Traits freeform?

Thanks.